And here is why atheists go too far.... (pictures)

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

jblank

Post by jblank »

I do gotta admit this thread became useless about 4 pages ago when Jblank lost his ability to debate in a mature and tactful way. Add to that the people that decided to start posting about stuff not even vaugly related to anything in this thread, and we have quite the train wreck here (Que train wreck Pic) Gotta admit tho its been fun watching Jblank bluster around trying to insult me with out actualy doing something that might be considered wrong.
HUH? Man you and I are just looking at the wrong thread then, or you are just blatantly lying, but whichever it is, you are dead wrong. You have just refused to listen, or acknowledge anything we have said to you, which has prompted me to elevate the tone in an effort to get you to at least TRY to understand. But for you to sit here and try to lecture me about not being mature and tactful is a steaming pile of BS and you know it is.

Its just impossible to have a reasonable, logic based conversation with someone that ignores every point.
"Ju tell yo fren ah keel a communiss foh fuhn...buh foh a green cahd, ah cahrv heem up reel nass"
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

The Meal wrote:Did you miss the part where I explained that if threads should be closed then they should be closed and that some arbitrary limit inflicted by forum software is a poor determining factor for that decision?
No, but you missed the part where I backhandedly ( :P ) suggested that once threads reach page 10, perhaps some sort of judgement call should be made by the mods to let it continue or not.

:?:
18-1™ & 2-0
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

jblank wrote:
I do gotta admit this thread became useless about 4 pages ago when Jblank lost his ability to debate in a mature and tactful way. Add to that the people that decided to start posting about stuff not even vaugly related to anything in this thread, and we have quite the train wreck here (Que train wreck Pic) Gotta admit tho its been fun watching Jblank bluster around trying to insult me with out actualy doing something that might be considered wrong.
HUH? Man you and I are just looking at the wrong thread then, or you are just blatantly lying, but whichever it is, you are dead wrong. You have just refused to listen, or acknowledge anything we have said to you, which has prompted me to elevate the tone in an effort to get you to at least TRY to understand. But for you to sit here and try to lecture me about not being mature and tactful is a steaming pile of BS and you know it is.

Its just impossible to have a reasonable, logic based conversation with someone that ignores every point.
See? :)
18-1™ & 2-0
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Post by The Preacher »

OMG, Page 12! I feel like we're in sinking submarine and we just passed crush depth.
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.
AttAdude

Post by AttAdude »

Eduardo X wrote:This thread sucks, but not as much as Christmas. 8)
I agree Ed, now add some damn bell ringers begging for our money, put in a few people trying to shove thier religion down our throats under the guise of the materialistic holiday on the planet and we might be close.
well and we would have to bring up the suicide rate to match that of the holidays.
AttAdude
When confronted with offensive TV, the fundamental differences between the Conservative and liberal factions becomes blatantly obvious. Conservatives will piss and moan, then file a complaint with the FCC in an attempt to make sure the offending show is never seen by anyone. Liberals... well we just change the damn channel.
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

AttAdude wrote:i mean really people "just change the channel".
LOL! Coming from you in the context of this thread, that is priceless.

For the record, I don't want the thread locked nor am I trying to control the conversation. I was just curious about the rules of 10 page threads and didn't know (until now) that there are no limits. It's like we're on the Autobahn of the forums. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
18-1™ & 2-0
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Trent Steel wrote:No, but you missed the part where I backhandedly ( :P ) suggested that once threads reach page 10, perhaps some sort of judgement call should be made by the mods to let it continue or not.
Except for the part where I didn't miss you insinuating that, you're exactly right. In fact your insinuation is exactly what I was calling for when I made my original post on the ten-page topic.

Posts'll get closed of their own volition, not because Trent Steel wants them closed. AttAdude's "why would you close this thread just because two people are having a pissing match," is fairly accurate. People are clearly disagreeing over what the word "right" means (in more than one sense), but until they start calling each other pinko femine canadianes or going down that path, there's really no reason to shut down the conversation. If you're not cool with it, then don't click on the link. I doubt you're going to miss anything too enlightening in this thread from here on out.

~Neal
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

AttAdude wrote:
I agree Ed, now add some damn bell ringers begging for our money, put in a few people trying to shove thier religion down our throats under the guise of the materialistic holiday on the planet and we might be close.

Kinda like this:

Kinda.

:wink:
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

The Meal wrote:Posts'll get closed of their own volition, not because Trent Steel wants them closed.
Well, I never asked for this thread to be closed, only "WHY" it hasn't been closed yet - due to my ignorance of the capabilities of the new forum software.

Now I know. And knowing's half the battle. GI-Joe!
18-1™ & 2-0
AttAdude

Post by AttAdude »

Exodor wrote:
AttAdude wrote:

Kinda like this:

Kinda.

:wink:

Ohh now thats priceless. it was worth getting to page 12 just so could laugh over that pic.

Jblank im not ignoring you i read everything you say. problem is you got rude and spastic one me, and worse yet you stoped saying things that where worth a reply. would you like to try and get back on topic, and be nice about it? If so thats cool. Ive loved arguing with you since the days of GG and that holds true despite this thread, and your "elevation of the tone of your posts". If you would like to get back on track invite you to make up a nice post starting with those posts that i should have responded too (after all at this point going back to look for anything specific would be kindda hard, we got off on a tangent lol). be nice about it and ill be happy to talk with ya.
AttAdude
When confronted with offensive TV, the fundamental differences between the Conservative and liberal factions becomes blatantly obvious. Conservatives will piss and moan, then file a complaint with the FCC in an attempt to make sure the offending show is never seen by anyone. Liberals... well we just change the damn channel.