In 2005 I will... (Share your resolutions time)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

driver

Post by driver »

Rob, I really enjoy reading about your writing career and hope that goes great. Are you sharing any finished scripts?

2004 felt like a year in limbo here, though I think I've done more than I recognize.

In 2005 I get my MLS from Indiana University and head out into the great unknown - I'm applying for jobs literally across the U.S. and while I'd like to end up in the West again, I could realistically land pretty much anywhere. It's a new situation to be in, but I dig it. I'm more private about my relationships, but I've been seeing a woman who is sweet and caring and who, at 25, is ten years younger than me, so I feel, you know, good about that. Overall, it seems like 2005 will mean more changes, more cool adventures, and once again uprooting for places unknown -- hopefully to someplace I can stay awhile. It's a good place to be, and it'll be fun to see how it all turns out. If I have any resolutions, it's to keep at the good stuff, work on the bad stuff, and learn something about the world in the process. That doesn't sound so tough.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I resolve to:

Drink more
Smoke more
Eat less responsbily
Get in less excercize
Take life less seriously
Stay a hermit
Continue my recently refound virginity
spend more recklessly
fix less shit around the house
get involved in more half finished projects
devolve my memory
degrade my communications skills
become more jaded and cynical

Am I missing any thing?
AttAdude

Post by AttAdude »

I quit smoking on the first. Been with out a cig for 3 days now, and im starting to contemplate mass murder.
AttAdude
When confronted with offensive TV, the fundamental differences between the Conservative and liberal factions becomes blatantly obvious. Conservatives will piss and moan, then file a complaint with the FCC in an attempt to make sure the offending show is never seen by anyone. Liberals... well we just change the damn channel.
adumir

Post by adumir »

AttAdude wrote:I quit smoking on the first. Been with out a cig for 3 days now, and im starting to contemplate mass murder.
Congrats! That's great.
er.. :shock:
Christopher
Resident Kieslowski and Jennifer Jason Leigh obsessive
"Obviously, I need more merlot..."
rrmorton

Post by rrmorton »

driver wrote: I've been seeing a woman who is sweet and caring and who, at 25, is ten years younger than me, so I feel, you know, good about that.
:D

Good to hear the latest news in Bill's world. Sounds like an exciting time with job applications that could land you pretty much anywhere.

I gotta start visiting billville again. I just read your Oreo post and really identified with it. I was just back home in Ohio for Christmas, visiting all the places and driving down all the streets where I grew up. At one point I was in the backseat of my sister's car and doing a lot of staring into the living rooms of passing houses. I really like this time of year when the houses are all warmly lit from within by a Christmas tree instead of the usual cold TV glow. I was having all kinds of nostalgic yearnings about being a kid in the backseat at night like you described. You good writer.
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Get more sleep.
Get rid of unnecessary clutter.
Get off the frozen stuff and cook more real food.
Get back to regular workouts.
Get the girl.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Kiam

Post by Kiam »

--Walk more. I always cave in and buy a Metropass but class is never more than half an hour away.

--Get a real camera. I have a pretty crappy digital and I really am getting tired of its limitations, especially aperture- and clarity-wise. It's time to get a g6 or an all-manual film camera.

--Work on my book. I need to have ten pages of poetry and fifteen pages of prose ready for end of 2nd year, or I don't get to be in Creative Writing. Hell, even if I do have it ready I probably won't get into Creative Writing since it's one of the most exclucive programs at the University. I am not going to be able to produce twenty-five pages of the best writing of my life in six weeks. I need to start NOW.

--Go to every single class.

--Spend my money more responsible things. Laundry detergent comes before that Talib Kweli CD.