brutesquad.net now working

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

SirReal
Technical Admin

brutesquad.net now working

Post by SirReal »

This is a stopgap measure, just to let people get used to the new URL and let them create their bookmarks.

http://brutesquad.net/ just redirects to these forums for now.

The problem is that we started using the PCGforum URL, account and database; switching it all to brutesquad would either require me to rename pcgameforum (no good, that's Rip's site) or SSH access to the machine so I could copy the database and phpBB2.
Rubyeye

Post by Rubyeye »

Please tell me that Octpusoverlord.com isn't vaporware.
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

Brutesquad.net was purchased and put into place before we even started to reconsider OO.com. And we're still considering OO.com, so there you go.
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

If someone want to purchase iwannareallongdomainname.org, I can add that one as well. The sky is the limit.

(Actually, I think Apache has an internal limit, but the community is likely to run out of money before that...)
Rip

Post by Rip »

SirReal wrote:If someone want to purchase iwannareallongdomainname.org, I can add that one as well. The sky is the limit.

(Actually, I think Apache has an internal limit, but the community is likely to run out of money before that...)
I wouldn't underestimate the gaming communities level of funding for useless redundant worthless crap. Remember we've had a steady diet for years :)
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--