WoW and Ebay sales

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Byrns

WoW and Ebay sales

Post by Byrns »

How do the guys selling gold and power leveling on Ebay do it? Are there that many exploits in the game for getting gold? How can they offer gold and power leveling on any sever? Are these just a bunch of guys with very little time on there hands? Obviously they make money doing it, but I wonder how much?

I think that's about it. :)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

blizzard's taking a hard line with guys like that, though. I don't know how they're doing it, but i doubt they'll evade the long arm of "banned account" for long.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

hepcat wrote:blizzard's taking a hard line with guys like that, though. I don't know how they're doing it, but i doubt they'll evade the long arm of "banned account" for long.
Yeah, I saw something on the WoW website about purchasing WoW stuff from ebay. They're pretty clear - get caught with ANYTHING purchased via ebay and you're banned, account deleted.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
lokiju

Post by lokiju »

Yeah but how are they going to ban someone for paying someone else to power level them? How would they know why you are helping someone? Or banning someone for selling up and buying cash? You could just say that they are a friend, and you are helping them out. This kind of activity is hard to stop.
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
Byrns

Post by Byrns »

And profitable looking at this guy's feedback. (Picked randomly)
http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... ainbow_lll
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Personally, I like the ads for the Power Levelling. They state that if you pay them up to a 1000 bucks they'll play your character for you 24/7.

SOOOOO, in essense, I pay some guy in China (the majority of sellers are residents) hundreds of dollars to play my game for me?

Why not go the extra mile and offer to pay him the same amount to have sex with your wives, eat your dinners for you, and spend your paycheck every friday?
He won. Period.
Jag

Post by Jag »

I think valuable items should be given to newbies from their more experienced friends on certain message boards :wink:
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

This stuff has been going on since Everquest (though back then the majority of the "powerleveling outsourcing consultants" were in US and Europe. I'm shocked that South Korea hasn't cornered the market yet.
Caine

Post by Caine »

i've never understood the point of paying someone to level your characters. what's the point of playing a game if you are just going to max out your experience in the shortest time possible.

it would be like buying a sp rpg and getting a save game with maxed level, best armor and weapons, and sitting outside the final boss' lair just waiting to be hit once and killed. all so you can say "i beat the game." we should just abandon the concept of intricate storylines and gameplay. just install movies on your machine and when you hit the big button on your screen, the words "game over" appear and the ending movie starts.

stupid people. if you want to play a game, then "play" it. if all you wanted was a notch on your personal played list, then go play solitaire or freecell. those games have lots of quick wins in them.
Godzilla Blitz

Post by Godzilla Blitz »

I'm new to MMORPGs, but I'd have to say that this is one of the most disappointing aspects of the game so far. Even on the role-playing servers, I get a sense that the majority the players are focused on leveling as fast as possible, and that things that slow them down (communication with others, etc.) are to be avoided because it has nothing to do with leveling. I'm interested to see if this changes once I get out of the relatively low level areas.

The whole thing seems so compulsive that I'm not sure I see the fun in playing the game that way. To each their own, I guess.

Just as it's hard for me to understand how someone could pay someone else to level for them. I really don't get it.
\/\/olverine

Post by \/\/olverine »

The biggest draw to this game for me is exploring the world. If I wanted better combat I'd go to CoH, if I wanted more economy based stuff I'd go to SWG. However, none offer a world compared to WoW in my opinion and that's what will keep me with it for as long as I play MMORPG's.
martindemon

Post by martindemon »

He makes a fortune!!!! LOL
Is that not illegal? Anyway, good for him, winning his life by playing WOW :) The monthly fees are then negligeable :D
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I think paying people to play your character is based on the assumption that the game is "better" with higher level characters. While in other games that may be true, but IMO not in WoW. It's just as fun with low level as higher levels, in fact it can be more fun because it's simpler.

Lorini
Black Lives Matter