So, how are you doing in EQ2?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Dramatist

So, how are you doing in EQ2?

Post by Dramatist »

I wanted to reply to Mr. Fed's thread, but I'm playing the wrong game. So I decided to start an EQ2 one.

I'm still enjoying this game alot. My Ratonga Brigand is lvl 25 now and I really like the class. I don't even have an alt. yet. I've got serious quest-itis and have finished 253 quests so far and my journal stays near full all the time.

It really feels like the world opens up at lvl 25 and I'm excited to explore more although my play time's been very sporadic because of holiday visits from relatives and weird Chrismas time schedules.

I'm in the Wanderers guild on Crushbone. We have only about 25 that play regularly, but would love new recruits.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

I am doing pretty well. I am currently out of town, so haven't played in a few days, but definitely can't wait to get back and into the swing of things. I recently joined a RPing guild and have had fun role-playing my Ratonga Ranger. He is level 23 now and I have had a lot of fun alternating between questing and doing xp groups. I am awaiting the pig patch which should come the first full week of January so I can get my training, traditions, traits, etc. going.
Toe

Post by Toe »

DiscoJason wrote: I am awaiting the pig patch which should come the first full week...
Damn! You guys get a pig patch!? You lucky bastards.

Nerf Pigs!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I've got a 27th level Berserker who is also a 27th (nearly 28th) level Weaponsmith. Been having a lot of fun with our small guild of 6 people. Between our mains and alts we have every tradeskill class covered, and we have enough of each archetype to make a very powerful adventuring group. All the folks I play with had 60th level characters in EQ1, so they're very experienced and really make the game a lot of fun to play.

I just finished all of my cold-forged armor quests, so I've got the full suit. We would probably be far ahead in adventure level if we weren't so focused on crafting as well. As it stands I'm pretty proud of our folks - we have several world-wide and server-wide discoveries, and most of our crafters are among the top 10 or 20 on the server.

The game really does start to open up at 25, though I haven't had shortage of things to do yet. In fact, our guild's biggest problem is outleveling the content we really wanted to try but just didn't get a chance to do.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I forgot to say that I'm also a lvl 22 alchemist. I haven't done any crafting in a week or so. I'm waiting for the pig(big) patch to see what they do with potions and poisons to see if I'll continue crafting.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Caine

Post by Caine »

currently playing a mage lvl 8 on lucan, or somesuch. just started a few days ago and its going pretty good. i like that i can do quests alone and not feel outclassed. i have had a share of them require kills on reds though, but i'll get to those eventually. unsure what crafting to major in and which subclass i'll go for, but i like being a mage instead of the usual scout type i play. i do intend to play evil with another character and do the assasin route down the road, but for now, i like the change of pace and the progression of quests.

any suggestions for subclass and tradeskill? i'm favoring a DoT caster as opposed to a straight nuker, and definately appreciate having support abilities.
Kael

Post by Kael »

Level 21 Guardian/Level 23 Armorer. Having a great time in the game. STarted a crafting guild and we have all of the tradeskill classes. I mostly solo for xp but I occasionally hook up when fellow guild members need someone to tank for them or help with a quest.
portnoy

Post by portnoy »

I am loving the game, just wishing that I could play more. I have to mains, a ratonga pred (14, 10 craft) who just started the betrayer and a de summoner(14, 20 prov) both on crushbone. I've made a couple of alts just to see a few different things, and am finally curbing my "let's go here itis" this is a problem as I end up in places that I have no business being in and will only die and lose experience as opposed to gaining it.

All in all I am really enjoying the game, need to get more crafting, and adventuring, and quests done, and maybe make another character, and...

So much to do, so much to see. This is a great game.
Kael

Post by Kael »

portnoy wrote:I am loving the game, just wishing that I could play more. I have to mains, a ratonga pred (14, 10 craft) who just started the betrayer and a de summoner(14, 20 prov) both on crushbone. I've made a couple of alts just to see a few different things, and am finally curbing my "let's go here itis" this is a problem as I end up in places that I have no business being in and will only die and lose experience as opposed to gaining it.

All in all I am really enjoying the game, need to get more crafting, and adventuring, and quests done, and maybe make another character, and...

So much to do, so much to see. This is a great game.
I like that fact that you never lose xp from dying, you just have to suffer through a period of half xp gain. If you are logged off (or playing an alt) this xp debt goes away on its own.

My advice if you love to explore is build an alt for exploring and harvesting. Its not a big deal if he dies and even if you cant recover your shard you can just let it go three days for you will recover it automatically. While you are playing your main your alt will be wearing off his debt and he is always ready to be sent into new areas to do recon.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

heh started a thread then noticed this one.

I'm fully locked in. Havent been hooked like this since the first EQ. Played DAoC, AO, AC, SWG, FFXI, Shadowbane, WoW (beta for 2 months)...none of em stuck. DAoC had a good run but i was never really locked into it.

EQ2 has just massive out of the box potential. Ya got the nice short-term goals (quests) that keep you moving forward. Got long term goals like getting 20 and my horsey...

The biggest hook for me is the depth of the game. I enjoy complexity and EQ2 has done an excellent job of creating a deep system, that isnt impossible.

2 main chars are

Scamper 15 Crusader
Kraegor 21 Assassin

also got 2 crafters to 18 in Scholar and outfitter
and one to 16 in craftsman.