I have a new "Unreleased Games" title!

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Eel Snave

I have a new "Unreleased Games" title!

Post by Eel Snave »

"Unreleased Games" is temporary, right? So, going along with the Overlords theme, how about "Games Lurking In The Deeps" or something similar?
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I still like my suggestion. ;)
The Meal

Re: I have a new "Unreleased Games" title!

Post by The Meal »

Eel Snave wrote:"Unreleased Games" is temporary, right? So, going along with the Overlords theme, how about "Games Lurking In The Deeps" or something similar?
Sounds kinda funky by itself. If you were to redesign *all* the forum names in this vein, how would they each end up sounding?

Good call on bringing this up, however. The verbiage after "Unreleased Games" has bothered me for many weeks now. Although its low enough on the relative importance scale that I haven't made a point of bringing it up for discussion.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
naednek

Post by naednek »

The Meal wrote:
Eel Snave wrote:"Unreleased Games" is temporary, right? So, going along with the Overlords theme, how about "Games Lurking In The Deeps" or something similar?
Sounds kinda funky by itself. If you were to redesign *all* the forum names in this vein, how would they each end up sounding?
I have an easier method, get rid of the Octopus Overlords :) that's as funky as it gets
setaside

Post by setaside »

naednek wrote: I have an easier method, get rid of the Octopus Overlords :)
Nope. :P
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

This powerhungry mod that can't let go would agree with setaside on this one. :)

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

This powerhungry mod that can't let go would agree with setaside on this one.
Where you talking to me?
So, going along with the Overlords theme, how about "Games Lurking In The Deeps" or something similar?
You know, it isn't bad, but Meal's right that it does pose the question "what to do with the other forum names?" and it is not an easy one to answer (and I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about "themed" names). Also remember that anything vaguely lovecraftian or Poe could work really well too. And that the golden rule is "someone must be able to tell what the forum does from the title". But that we might wave it if the name is so fittingly poetic Joel Mathis would have applauded.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm pretty sure you could rename the religion and politics forum "At the Mountains of Madness" and everyone would know what you were talking about. :)

And "The Lurking Fear" is what the guys at EB experience when I creep around their store looking games that haven't been released yet.
Maybe next year, maybe no go