Xbox cordless controllers - any good?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

The Mad Hatter

Xbox cordless controllers - any good?

Post by The Mad Hatter »

I wouldn't mind getting one of these if they hold up, since the prices don't look too bad. Has anyone here tried one?
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
tiktokman

Post by tiktokman »

Yes, get the latest Logitech pad. I have 2 of them and love them. I will never go back to a corded controller.
Jancelot

Post by Jancelot »

Everyone loves the Logitech pad so you're probably safe to go with it. However, I didn't care for it very much.
farley2k

Post by farley2k »

I hated the logitech ones feel so I got the Pelican Eclipse. It has been wonderful. I like the style, it has good batter life and is very reponsive. Oh and it was about half the price of the logitech controller.
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative the same night

- Dave Barry
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I got this double pack of Pelican wireless controllers for Christmas this year, and I love them. And I'm a total fussbucket when it comes to input devices.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
crumsteel

Post by crumsteel »

I will put in a vote for the Logitech. It has been a great controller.

There are 2 logitech cordless controllers. From what I can tell the difference is size (one is bigger) and the position of the back and play button. I have the smaller one which I think is call the precision.
feanan

Post by feanan »

i have the smaller logitech one as well. love it!
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

Sounds like there's a couple of choices, that's good. I don't like having the cord stretched out over the coffee table, so it would be nice to have a cordless one.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
Jancelot

Post by Jancelot »

The Meal wrote:I got this double pack of Pelican wireless controllers for Christmas this year, and I love them. And I'm a total fussbucket when it comes to input devices.

~Neal
If I recall correctly you also liked the larger X-Box controller versus the S model, no? If so I guess it's safe to assume that those Pelican controllers are large enough?
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Jancelot wrote:
The Meal wrote:I got this double pack of Pelican wireless controllers for Christmas this year, and I love them. And I'm a total fussbucket when it comes to input devices.

~Neal
If I recall correctly you also liked the larger X-Box controller versus the S model, no? If so I guess it's safe to assume that those Pelican controllers are large enough?
You *do* recall correctly, but actually I found that I had to get accustomed to the S-typeyness of the wireless controller. They're not giant sized, but more inline with the S-types (including white/black and start/back button placements). There was definitely some getting-used to the smaller controllers at play, but the end result has been happiness. YMMV, of course.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
tiny ogre

Post by tiny ogre »

The Logitech wireless is the only Xbox controller I like. I have one of the original MS controllers and a MadCatz controller that's basically the same as an S model, and both of them suck depending on the game (actually the MadCatz was fine for almost everything, but Halo 1 was painful with it!) The Logitech Wireless is great for everything.

That's just personal preference of course, but there you go.

It's been blinking at me for a couple of days about dead batteries, and the vibration has stopped working (presumably because it thinks I'm out of juice) but I've played all the way through Mechassault 2's single player with it that way. I played most of the way through Halo 2 and a lot of Burnout 3 on these batteries too. So I don't think battery life is a huge issue. These are the batteries it came with. Three games worth on a pair is fine with me :)