counterstike: xbox vs. pc online?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

shaggydoug

counterstike: xbox vs. pc online?

Post by shaggydoug »

In this thread, The Meal suggested I put it in this forum as well.

Here is the text so you don't have to click:

This seems like its not possible but one of my cohorts swears it is true. He has Half-life 2 Counterstrike for the PC. He says people in his online games are using xboxes (I'm assuming with something like xbconnect). Is that even possible? One would think the systems would be different enough (considering you can even patch the PC game) that it wouldn't work.

- shaggy
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

First of all, if you're talking about CS:Source, impossible. The Source engine is not the original Half-Life engine. I can't connect to a CS:Source game with original CS, either.

Second, I doubt it heavily even if you're talking about the original CS. XBox CS had slightly different maps, tweaked weapons, and probably totally different networking code, not to mention probably a different version number; I'd be shocked if you could even convince a CS server to take an XBox client, and more so if you could ever get the XBox client to play rather than crash.

I bet your friend knows somebody who plays XBox games on their PS2, too. Or maybe he believes curved swords are better for slashing.