Pirates! ?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Sid is one evil genius, that's for sure.

All I do is sail around and harass French and Spanish ships. Intended to sit with it for a half hour - an hour and a half later, here I am.

I finally have figured a good use for my Nostromo n52 now - it's made for this game. If only I could get it stop me from sucking at dancing. :)
Maybe next year, maybe no go
EliotR

A question for the Nostromo n52 users

Post by EliotR »

I tried PM'ing you guys, no luck. I would love to know how you set up your profile for Pirates. Better yet, someone email me the profile?
Faldarian

Post by Faldarian »

I picked this up and have been playing the bejeezus out of it since I got it... I'm the Dread Pirate Roberts, and I'm the most swashbuckling swashbuckler that ever lifted a sword in the Caribbean.

However, I dance like I have four left feet. I can't even get the plain girls to take a second look at me... I got one beautiful governor's daughter to give me a gift once, when the dancing thing was flashing to show what I needed, but I can't get it to do that again. I tried to find a difficulty setting, since it shows an "adventurer" one, but where do I set this? Does it help with dancing?

Anyway, spaniards tremble at my name and I've sunk the likes of Blackbeard and Henry Morgan, but the ladies all laugh at me... and until I figure it out, I've got a feeling I'm going to have to drown my sorr...err, just drown everyone else.

/edit: Guess it helps if I read the whole thread first, found some answers back there...
Grievous Angel

Post by Grievous Angel »

It took a long time ti figure out the dancing thing, but eventually I was able to recognize the visual hints my partner was giving and following appropriately. I still occasionally stumble around like a drunken groomsman at a wedding, but I managed to pick up a wife at least. Granted, she's a bit of a horse-face, but I'll set my standards higher in the next career.
Smoove_B

Re: A question for the Nostromo n52 users

Post by Smoove_B »

EliotR wrote:I tried PM'ing you guys, no luck. I would love to know how you set up your profile for Pirates. Better yet, someone email me the profile?
Holy crap. I just saw this. If you still want a copy of my Nostromo profile, let me know.

Basically all I did was re-map the numpad to the Nostromo keys...and added in a few of the other one touch buttons things for opening maps, changing views, etc...
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Grievous Angel wrote:It took a long time ti figure out the dancing thing, but eventually I was able to recognize the visual hints my partner was giving and following appropriately. I still occasionally stumble around like a drunken groomsman at a wedding, but I managed to pick up a wife at least. Granted, she's a bit of a horse-face, but I'll set my standards higher in the next career.
I still stink at dancing, but fortunately I have one of those ruby rings and a pair of those fancy lad boots. That seems to help.

It makes me cringe every time my guy stumbles in front of his partner. :)

As someone else said, scourge of the sea but a clod in the ballroom.