THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

I might be a DJ

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

KingB

I might be a DJ

Post by KingB »

I just moved to Utah with my girlfriend and her family. She is looking at going to school here. So an advisor she was talking to asked her if she would like to be intverviewed on the radio for a little spot he does for the college every Sunday. She said yes and he told her to bring a friend(or boyfriend) and she brought me along. Well after the interview the station manager asked if I had ever done radio before. I said no and he told me they were looking for someone in the evening and that I should apply for the position. He said I had a great radio voice.

I was so stoked. I have always thought it would be fun to be on the radio. My father has done several radio and tv commercials and so now maybe I can follow in his footsteps. If I get the job perhaps I will post an audio excerpt(sp?) :D
Currently thinking of something clever.........
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

When I was in college, I worked for two radio stations, one was the college radio station playing alternative music and the other was a classic rock station. It is really a lot of fun and I think you will enjoy it immensely. At the classic rock station, they moved to putting all the music on computer and I was able to cut my breaks ahead of time, insert them in the playlist, and then drive around and listen to myself. Was quite fun.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Radio is a lot of fun. I work with our student radio station doing sports and then work for ClearChannel doing promotions here in Orlando.

You're very lucky to get that type of a break, even if it is just an application. Normally you have to weasel your way into the community...like working in promotions :P
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Congrats and good luck! I can remember dreaming about being a DJ a long, long time ago.
Sunderer

Post by Sunderer »

Oh that old "You have a great radio voice" scam. My advice: don't get anywhere near the casting couch.

Good luck anyway.
"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

msteelers wrote:then work for ClearChannel doing promotions here in Orlando.
msteelers, why do you hate America? :P
Black Lives Matter
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

Biyobi wrote:
msteelers wrote:then work for ClearChannel doing promotions here in Orlando.
msteelers, why do you hate America? :P
LOL
Koz

Post by Koz »

I had a classical music show back in college for a couple semesters. It was a lot of fun, though quite a bit of waiting (with those 50 minutes symphonies and such).
KingB

Post by KingB »

Well, my plan was to do this as a second job but I dunno now if I am gonna have time for it. It would be so fun though. I might just go for it and say the heck with it. Who knows.
Currently thinking of something clever.........
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I don't hate America...I like paychecks, however small they may be.

The funny part is that ClearChannel has an actual website so people can "Know The Facts."

Linky:http://www.clearchannel.com/Corporate/c ... e_ktf.aspx

Eh, maybe I do work for an evil empire :twisted: