HoI II - Kudos for the Music

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

tgb

HoI II - Kudos for the Music

Post by tgb »

Still in the second tutorial. but thought I'd pause a bit to complement Paradox on an excellent original score.

While "Ride of the Valkyries" was appropriate enough for HoI 1, it's pretty tough to take WWII seriously while singing "Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit, kill da WABBIT" at the same time :lol:
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
DonD

Post by DonD »

I have to agree with you on the music. Even after I stop playing, I have the music stuck in my head..and not in a bad way.

- Don
XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
CSL

Post by CSL »

I turned it off and play WinAmp instead, of course thats not to say its bad. I've actually got it on my playlist now. :P

Achtung Panzer! somewhat reminds me of a certain C&C song.
CSL

Post by CSL »

One last thing if your digging some war themed music.

This was a great site when it came to music for the first Hearts of Iron and it still is. As of right now he has over 100 military themed songs from American ones such as The Yellow Rose of Texas and Blood Upon The Risers to German and Soviet Union songs such as Ich Hatt Einen Kameraden recorded at Rommels State Funeral (which is btw quite chilling as you can hear the loss the soldiers are poring out).

When I manage to get these to work in game i'll post again.
CSL

Post by CSL »

Now if its the same as the last game this is how you'd add new music: step by step

1. Download Semper Fidelis because A. It Rules B. Come on its Semper Fidelis C. I told you too

2. Unzip it in the HoI2/music folder

3. Rename it to the effect of hoi2-semperfidelis

4. Open the text file that says peace and enter in a new line that says "hoi2-semperfidelis". That will have the file open when your at peace, since it is quite a good and rousing song you might want in in war though

5. Save, start up the game and enjoy. It seems the music is random though so don't worry if it doesn't pop up for awhile.

Now that should work for you guys.
CSL

Post by CSL »

Just so you know The Yellow Rose Of Texas just came on as i've got Hearts of Iron 2 in the background. So it does work :-)

If your playing the Great Britain for example having Rule Britainnia on while your fleets are engaged in fierce combat would be great. And now on comes Ich Hatt Einen Kameraden. :D
MeSlayer

Post by MeSlayer »

I know what I did for HoI 1 - since the songs were in mp3 form - I just made a playlist that included the HoI songs and some of the other ww2 songs i grabbed from that site in winamp and played it from there

If HoI 2 works the same way its simpler than editing files and renaming stuff etc

ymmv though...
Hello this is a signature.