Is Tomb Raider 4 really that bad?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Vinda-Lou

Is Tomb Raider 4 really that bad?

Post by Vinda-Lou »

I saw it for $4.00 today. As just a fun actio-adventure, is it really as bad as all of the reviews say?

Off-Topic (already). How did you guys like PoP Warrior Within compared to the Sands of Time? (Sorry if this question is a re-tread - it just came to mind.)
Papageno

Post by Papageno »

Don't know anything about the latest TR, but here's a review of the latest PoP game on the PC from Four Fat Chicks:

http://www.fourfatchicks.com/Reviews/PO ... ince.shtml

(no personal experience with this yet-- except for the demo in which the boss monster got hung up on a corner and basically was invulnerable to me at that point-- the fighting moves in the demo look pretty cool, but I could do without the Xtreem Rockin' soundtrack and the dark/bloody look to everything)
Lord Percy

Post by Lord Percy »

Tomb Raider 4, was that The Angel of Darkness? I hated that game with a passion. Sluggish controls, horrible stealth sequence, crappy combat... I never got very far in it. Luckily I got it for free, bundled with a piece of hardware I bought.

The atmosphere in Warrior Within really killed the game for me. It lost a lot of its PoPiness by going all dark and serious, and all the sexual content drove me nuts. Now I don't normally mind sexual content, but the way it was handled in this game really bugged me. The whole thing made me feel like its target audience was horny teenage goths. It was a real disappointment to me, I loved The Sands of Time.