Naked mudwrestlers, night elves and the potted plant.

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

The Mad Hatter

Naked mudwrestlers, night elves and the potted plant.

Post by The Mad Hatter »

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
Brian

Post by Brian »

Who else initially read that title as Fun with gonorrhea?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Amish Warlord wrote:Who else initially read that title as Fun with gonorrhea?
R.I.P. thread

-- Metalhed
Over here.
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

Tareeq wrote:
Amish Warlord wrote:Who else initially read that title as Fun with gonorrhea?
R.I.P. thread

-- Metalhed
Yes, thanks ever so for that comment, AW.
- George Orwell
Brian

Post by Brian »

Anytime. :)
Brian

Post by Brian »

Oh for fucks sake.

I didn't kill your thread on purpose. Sure it was a flippant remark but grow a little thicker skin for Cliff's sake.

Whaaa fucking whaaaa.
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

Amish Warlord wrote:Oh for fucks sake.

I didn't kill your thread on purpose. Sure it was a flippant remark but grow a little thicker skin for Cliff's sake.

Whaaa fucking whaaaa.
It's not me getting all aflutter, so you might want to look in the mirror when checking for thin skin.
- George Orwell
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Two questions:

1) Which thread are you talking about?

2) In what possible way does this thread fit in PC Games By Title?
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Maybe we can make this thread forum-appropriate by talking about Grim Fandango? :wink:
Brian

Post by Brian »

TMH:

You act like I purposely came in to this thread with the sole purpose of shitting all over your cornflakes. You deleted your original post and title so that now my original comment has no frame of reference and then lament that you can't delete the thread in it's entirety since my "stupid comment" derailed your thread.

I apologize for derailing your thread with a comment that I found tangentially amusing but was in no way related to the actual topic. However, you are the one approaching this matter with a "screw you guys I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude. If you had simply left your original post unaltered it might have developed into a relevant discussion. Or it might not have. Either way we'll never know because you chose to censor this post in a manner befitting a spoiled child.

That said, I'm truly sorry that I derailed your post with a flippant non-topic related post. Keep in mind that this is not the first nor will it be the last time a thread is derailed by an off the cuff comment and if everybody deleted their threads because of a derailment there would be a lot less content on these boards.
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

Amish Warlord wrote:TMH:

You act like I purposely came in to this thread with the sole purpose of shitting all over your cornflakes. You deleted your original post and title so that now my original comment has no frame of reference and then lament that you can't delete the thread in it's entirety since my "stupid comment" derailed your thread.
I would have deleted the thread in its entirety and reposted the original subject. That's what I did several times on GG when similar things happened. I'm not going to leave the original post up when it's clearly been killed in the womb. What's the point?
I apologize for derailing your thread with a comment that I found tangentially amusing but was in no way related to the actual topic. However, you are the one approaching this matter with a "screw you guys I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude. If you had simply left your original post unaltered it might have developed into a relevant discussion. Or it might not have. Either way we'll never know because you chose to censor this post in a manner befitting a spoiled child.
I decided to turn your tangentially amusing response into something I found tangentially amusing. I don't see how it's censorship, since it was my post that I cleared out.
That said, I'm truly sorry that I derailed your post with a flippant non-topic related post.
No worries.
Keep in mind that this is not the first nor will it be the last time a thread is derailed by an off the cuff comment and if everybody deleted their threads because of a derailment there would be a lot less content on these boards.
If the first post after the original one intercepts it in mid-flight, the content is already dead. As Tareeq said, this thread is dead.
- George Orwell
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:Two questions:

The original post was about a trip to Gnomeragan in WoW.
- George Orwell
Faldarian

Post by Faldarian »

If we can't all just get along I highly recommend we get some naked female mudwrestlers to settle our disputes for us.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

All I know is that TMH should stay away from the Peace Tower for a while.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

A Wise Man posted:
If we can't all just get along I highly recommend we get some naked female mudwrestlers to settle our disputes for us.
A political platform we can all stand behind! Hear, hear!!

ETA that even in the halcyon days of GG, if a person was foolish enough to delete a thread due to some joking behavior that was off-topic, other posters would often post another thread pestering the author for deleting it. It is kind of rude to just take your ball and go home, to use AW's metaphor. It's a thread, not a work of art. Perhaps you can just post another time to bring the thread back on-topic next time this happens. Just a suggestion.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Brian

Post by Brian »

I decided to turn your tangentially amusing response into something I found tangentially amusing.
Fair enough.
No worries.
Cool.
If the first post after the original one intercepts it in mid-flight, the content is already dead.
Still, I think it could have stood on its own but now we have a thread about Grim Fandango and possibly some naked female mudwrestlers so it's all good. :)

Now if we could somehow turn this into recently deceased night-elf female mudwrestlers we'll have come full circle.
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

Amish Warlord wrote:
I decided to turn your tangentially amusing response into something I found tangentially amusing.
Fair enough.
No worries.
Cool.
If the first post after the original one intercepts it in mid-flight, the content is already dead.
Still, I think it could have stood on its own but now we have a thread about Grim Fandango and possibly some naked female mudwrestlers so it's all good. :)

Now if we could somehow turn this into recently deceased night-elf female mudwrestlers we'll have come full circle.
I once killed a night elf female mudwrestler in Ghost Recon?

I don't know. I just thought this thread had become rather amusing (probably because I'd missed what it was originally about) and figured it'd be fun to pile on. :P
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

The Mad Hatter wrote:
Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:Two questions:

The original post was about a trip to Gnomeragan in WoW.
Gnomes can get gonnoreah? umm.. I'll be right back....
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
tgb

Post by tgb »

I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

This thread doesn't belong in one of the gaming forums anymore, but wasn't intended for the discussion forums, either. It currently has no topic or subject matter other than to sustain a debate that has honestly run its course.

For all of our sanity, I am just going to lock it rather than toss it from forum to forum. If the original poster wishes, he can create a new, on-topic thread.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)