Grundbegriff's Gallows: Cassandra Crossing

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I, for one, welcome our wolfboon overlords.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I wish I'd had the feral teeth. I'd love to have the suspicous looks I get to be justified.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Leigh wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Now with 100% more puzzle!
.... You gave it all to us! ....
Thanks for your kindness, Leigh. I'm not feeling unloved. I just wanted to bump the puzzle once, in case there were any takers. A posting like that first announcement, coming as it did in an unexpected context, can easily fade away unseen.

I do lament, though, that the same may finally have happened with my favorite PC game series itself. :(
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

I saw the puzzle, but after looking through a few of the flavor passages, I havn't a clue what series you might be referring to. There's only a few multi-version PC game trilogies I can think of that would possibly qualify for "favorite game ever", and of those I can't think of any with a total of 31 levels in the first two games. Thief is the closest with 35 missions (by my count) in the gold edition + thief 2. Unfortunately, I havn't played enough of Thief to know if the clues would fit and I just miscounted the missions.
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

Leigh wrote:
Orinoco wrote:Did everyone else know that Leigh was such a suck-up??! :twisted:

Great game though Grund. I really enjoyed it because for once being a normal villager wasn't the boring option :P
I couldn't decide which reply to go with, so pick one:
A) Ah! Well worded, Orinoco! And good observation, I AM quite the flatterer!
B) I wasn't sucking up, I was saying thank you. I would hate for Grund to think that the amount of effort he expended into making this game fun went unnoticed. I, for one, truly appreciated it.
C) Did everyone else know that Orinoco was such an asshole??! :twisted:
I pick C :P

Actually, I thanked Grund for the "flavor" during the game and I thought you were going to pick up on that and accuse me of being a suck-up as well. Ah well, I'll just have to be an asshole and a suck-up... :twisted:

Question for Grund: I actually had a strategy for my stealing (beyond the heads/tails thing that you can't control). Did I beat out other players in my stealing or was it all luck in the end? I feel like I did better then others in terms of having an object for most of the game (based on your chart of where the objects ended up).
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Orinoco wrote: I pick C :P

Actually, I thanked Grund for the "flavor" during the game and I thought you were going to pick up on that and accuse me of being a suck-up as well. Ah well, I'll just have to be an asshole and a suck-up... :twisted:

Question for Grund: I actually had a strategy for my stealing (beyond the heads/tails thing that you can't control). Did I beat out other players in my stealing or was it all luck in the end? I feel like I did better then others in terms of having an object for most of the game (based on your chart of where the objects ended up).
l :oops: Guess I'd better see a doctor about that exposed nerve it would seem you hit. :oops:

By the way, Grund, oh nevermind.

Kelric, DO NOT let me down on the whole puzzle within a puzzle thing, at this point, you're my only hope. You and maybe zurai..
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

[quote="Leigh"
Kelric, DO NOT let me down on the whole puzzle within a puzzle thing, at this point, you're my only hope. You and maybe zurai..[/quote]

Help me, Kelri-Won, you're my only hope.

That boy is our last best hope.
No, there is anozzur.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Chaosraven wrote:Help me, Kelri-Won, you're my only hope.

No, there is anozzur.
who can it be, now?
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Leigh wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Help me, Kelri-Won, you're my only hope.

No, there is anozzur.
who can it be, now?
Who can it be knocking at my door?
Go 'way, don't come 'round here no more.
Can't you see that it's late at night?
I'm very tired, and I'm not feeling right.
All I wish is to be alone;
Stay away, don't you invade my home.
Best off if you hang outside,
Don't come in - I'll only run and hide.

Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?

Who can it be knocking at my door?
Make no sound, tip-toe across the floor.
If he hears, he'll knock all day,
I'll be trapped, and here I'll have to stay.
I've done no harm, I keep to myself;
There's nothing wrong with my state of mental health.
I like it here with my childhood friend;
Here they come, those feelings again!

Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?

Is it the man come to take me away?
Why do they follow me?
It's not the future that I can see,
It's just my fantasy

Oh...Who can it be now?
Oh...Who can it...Who can it...
Yeah yeah yeah
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

noxiousdog wrote:Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?

Dangit! While you did, indeed have AN answer, I was hoping that you'd have THE answer. *sighs* well, maybe we should post the quandry in pc gaming?
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Leigh wrote:
noxiousdog wrote:Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?

Dangit! While you did, indeed have AN answer, I was hoping that you'd have THE answer. *sighs* well, maybe we should post the quandry in pc gaming?
The chances of me seeing a single game through, let alone a trilogy are between none and none.
Black Lives Matter

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

noxiousdog wrote:The chances of me seeing a single game through, let alone a trilogy are between none and none.
Two-thirds of a trilogy! ;)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Orinoco wrote:Question for Grund: I actually had a strategy for my stealing (beyond the heads/tails thing that you can't control). Did I beat out other players in my stealing or was it all luck in the end?
The players whose rolled successfully most often were Kelric, Kraegor, and Remus West (4 successful rolls each). Next were Bad Demographic, Bakhtosh, Chaosraven, Orinoco, UnicornPoint, and Zurai (3 successful rolls each).

Of course, a successful roll is no guarantee of theft; death, a luckier thief, or an absence of loot can wreck the effort.

The most successful thief, counting only the efforts that yielded fruit, was Kraegor (4). Nameless, Remus, UnicornPoint, and Zurai scored 2 each. Note that Kraegor had the most booty-yielding thefts and none of his successful rolls was thwarted; he was 4 for 4 across five attempts.
Orinoco wrote:I feel like I did better then others in terms of having an object for most of the game (based on your chart of where the objects ended up).
Suppose having one artifact for one night constitutes an artifact-night. There were 42 such nights (6 artifacts across 7 days).

Kelric and Orinoco had the most artifact-nights (6 each)
Bad Demographic and Kraegor had the next most artifact-nights (5 each)
Caine, Nameless, and UnicornPoint tied with 4 each.