[WW-Monty Python]Remus' first game - END ENGLISH WIN

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Kraegor wrote:Remuscide
:lol:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Lassr wrote:we knew Tim would have to be taken out soon but we also knew he was going to get lynched.
Turns out you were wrong about that, eh? ;)
When he was about to get it he got lucky by taking out UsulofDoom.
Luck had nothing to do with it. Usul had been on my shortlist for a long time.
Yeah, so was Bubbles and Ezmate. We had enough confidence in you to make another superb choice. :D
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

brettmcd wrote:Interesting game, the whole thing about saying which special you or arent did take away from the game for me though.
Only if you assume that revealing who you are is always the optimal strategy. It's not.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Great game guys.. I sometimes tend to stop following games once I'm out, but I followed this one start to finish.. I was even screaming at my monitor at some points. I was utterly, utterly convinced that Grund was a frenchy pretending to be Tim to save his hide.. oops. Maybe it was a good thing I was dead. :D
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Kraegor wrote:
With 2 englishman that could die twice. Lancelot the unkillable. Tim the magnificient...it was fairly obvious the french had work to do. My own viewpoint was to try and use every shortcut we could get. One of those shortcuts was Tim blowing up the wrong target.
I think this sums it up nicely. The method of our madness was a bit different from other games I played. We were at such a disadvantage we had to count on help from the English. Lynch Lancelot, then Dennis and Concorde (so we could take them out at night) then hope Robin ran away and have Tim blow up an English. We managed 3 out of the 5 but only knew about 2...

You English really should give EZmate the MVP for not using the I'm Lancelot defense when he was lynched. That kept us away from certain players till the end.

of course, if he'd used it and lived then we would of had to sacrifice one of our own to take him out.
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

Well, the day that I died was weird:

The night before, I typed up my reasoned arguments for killing off Kelric. I knew that it wasn't popular, but I really thought that more people would listen, especially with the odds of Robin running away being the way that they were.

In the morning, I saw that Grund was on board with me & I thought, "Great...this may actually have a chance!"

Then my day got mega-hectic. Probably one of the busiest days I've had at work in a few months. While I ate lunch, I decided to check in & saw that Grund had flip-flopped and turned on me. You people had not only decided that his flip-flopping wasn't suspicious, but came damned close to killing me.

I figured I had two choices - ask for more time or reveal that I was Lancelot. Since I wasn't sure if you'd lynch me or not (even with me claiming to be Lancelot). Also, if you lynched me as Lancelot, it would be good information for the French. I decided to ask for more time (to think and to get done with my work project). When Kelric pulled his vote for me, lunch was over and I happily got back to work, thinking that I was saved until later.

When I saw that I had been lynched, I knew immediately that it would keep the French off-balance if they still thought Lancelot was alive, so I kept my trap shut about it.

I'm amazed that the French lost this game...with Maynard dead so early and Lancelot lynched. Good job fellow englishmen!
Where I go, destruction will follow!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

ezmate wrote: I'm amazed that the French lost this game...with Maynard dead so early and Lancelot lynched. Good job fellow englishmen!
You're amazed the French lost! Haven't you read your history?! :D

at one point it briefly crossed my mind to go after Dennis to see what would happen but I was just so damn sure Lancelot was alive I knew we couldn't afford a wasted opportunity.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kraegor wrote:the only major mistake was killing chaos, imo. Chaos alive would have been a lynch target with grund and ezmate gone... But i thought he was maynard!
Which was EXACTLY what I was trying to accomplish with my crazy little hints and oddly capitalized Words like FAITH.

Figured I had no role, best I could do was take a shot for Brother Maynard.

Didn't know he was DEAD, obviously.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Kraegor wrote:Remuscide
:lol:
I ask, nay pleaded, with the mob to not blindly follow me; but did they listen? Noooo. And who has to take the blame for the whole fiasco? Me. I hate you all. Except Orinoco who I lynched after he tried to protect me. He may mock. The rest of you suck. :lol:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Hey screw you, I was not only dead before your little napoleon complex I was on the other side to boot.

(Am I thinking of the right game? I mean, yeah, I'm almost ALWAYS dead before the end, but I might have been a good guy in at least ONE game I've been in :wink: )
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Remusicde

was Ezmate, Nameless, and I with LM as the sorceror.

hell i was remembering it wrong...i woulda sworn bubbles was one us...damn drugs...

edit3: hah! 4 wolves not 3 no wonder.

Werewolves: Nameless, Mr Bubbles, ezmate, Kraegor
Sorcerer: LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kraegor wrote:Remusicde

hell i was remembering it wrong...i woulda sworn bubbles was one us...damn drugs...

You still prod the wounded and now you can not even be bothered to spell the "word" correctly. Sheesh. It's RemusCIDE, dman it.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

:lol: you got yer payback considering the Tormentuous(sp?) outcome of the Thing game! I even had to go thru 3 months of agony before the final twisting of the blade!! :(
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kraegor wrote::lol: you got yer payback considering the Tormentuous(sp?) outcome of the Thing game! I even had to go thru 3 months of agony before the final twisting of the blade!! :(
Yeah, that was some good fun, but I was killed before the actual twist so did not get to have a hand on the blade. :( :twisted:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Oh yeah. I was a good guy. Eaten the second night as Possible Seer and Grund Lynching Evidence.

Which is funny, because it's exactly what I said would happen. :evil:
"Where are you off to?"

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Kraegor wrote:Remusicde

I swear I don't know what I did to anyone to make them think I was French. I played a reckless game to hint to everyone I had nothing to hide. I insulted the French and communicated openly. Despite the fact my accusations were off there was nothing else that I could have done different. I swear I just got a bad rep.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell