This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

I guess Kelric was our last doctor.
The Saint
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Well I spent a quiet night in the chapel reviewing the events of the preceeding 6 nights, the betrayals of the cylons amoung us, the senseless slaughter of innocents.

But alas Smutly and Austin, there will be no more deaths tonight, you did the right thing, the menace has abated.

Just please grant me one last wish: Allow me to remain here and continue my ministry and keep my toasterness a secret. I saved the two of you just please grant me this one last wish.

Good night
The Saint
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

TRUMAN WINS! TRUMAN WINS!!!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Night seemed to go on forever.
St_dysan sat up in his room and meditated all night.
Mr.Bubbles thought about McNutt.
Austin was still in shock that he had survived this long.
Smutly was dead to the world.

st_dysan, Mr. Bubbles and Austin arrived at the same time to the dining area.
“Oh Frak! Where’s smutly?” Bubbles and Austin turned to st_dysan, “Where the Frak is smutly?”

“I…I don’t know.” stammered st_dysan.

They both drew their sidearm and led st_dysan at gun point to smutly’s room. They went in and smutly was lying on his bed.

“smutly, wake up!” He did not move.

“He’s dead!” Austin went into a tirade, “He’s fraking dead! We’re going to have to kill someone else. Frak! I can’t take much more of this!”

Mr. Bubbles slips off to the wash room and brings back a glass of water. He dumps it on smutly’s face.

“Wha…what the frak?” Smutly jerks awake. “What the frak are you doing?”

Mr. Bubbles goes over to the table next to him and picks up a bottle of pills.

“We’re waking you up sleepy head.” Mr. Bubbles smiles, “we’re still alive.”

“So tru1cy was the last Cylon.” Austin says as he sits on the bed.

“Well, the last Cylon that is trying to harm you…” st_dysan mutters and trails off as everyone turns to look at him.

“Thanks.” Mr. Bubbles gets up and shakes st_dysans hand. “Guess we had better report into Admiral Adama.”

The four of them walk to the bridge eager to leave this nightmare behind.

Humans (and one good Cylon) win!
Krash

Post by Krash »

Excellent work, guys!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

This is the Excel spreadsheet I kept, Doesn't copy over well but I tried to clean it up to make it readable.

Roles

McNutt ---- Citizen
tru1cy ---- Brother Cavil
Mr. Bubbles ---- Helo
Remus West ---- Dr
Krash ---- Starbuck
Kelric ---- Dr
Chaosraven ---- Cylon #12
Archinerd ---- Citizen
Newcastle ---- Dr
Austin ---- Citizen
proner ---- Baltar
smutly ---- Citizen
Grundbegriff ---- Apollo
Baron of Hell ---- Six
st_dysan ---- Athena

Night and Day Activities. First entry is the player (or action during the day), 2nd name is their targetand the third entry is the outcome of their attempt.

Night 1 ---- target ---- outcome
---- ----
Starbuck ---- herself ---- safe
Apollo ---- na ---- na
Athena ---- Kelric ---- human
---- ----
Brother Cavil ---- na ---- na
Six ---- newcastle ---- no
---- ----
Cylons ---- Remus West ---- dead
---- ----
Baltar ---- kelric ---- no
---- ----
Day 1 ---- ----
terminate ---- Baron of Hell ---- Cylon
---- ----
Night 2 ---- target ---- outcome
---- ----
Starbuck ---- Grundbegriff ---- protected
Apollo ---- Remus West ---- doctor
Athena ---- Grundbegriff ---- human
---- ----
Brother Cavil ---- Remus West ---- doctor
Six ---- Dead ---- na
---- ----
Cylons ---- Grundbegriff ---- protected
---- ----
Baltar ---- grundbegriff ---- no
---- ----
Day 2 ---- ----
terminate ---- Chaosraven ---- twelve
twelve ---- Grundbegriff ---- Dead
---- ----
Night 3 ---- target ---- outcome
---- ----
Starbuck ---- herself ---- safe
Apollo ---- dead ---- na
Athena ---- smutly ---- human
---- ----
Brother Cavil ---- Grundbegriff ---- Apollo
Six ---- Dead ---- na
Twelve ---- Dead ---- na
---- ----
Cylons ---- Newcastle ---- dead
---- ----
Baltar ---- McNutt ---- No
---- ----
Day 3 ---- ----
Helo ---- McNutt ---- human
terminate ---- pr0ner ---- human
---- ----
Night 4 ---- target ---- outcome
---- ----
Starbuck ---- st_dysan ---- na
Apollo ---- dead ---- na
Athena ---- Krash ---- human
---- ----
Brother Cavil ---- Newcastle ---- Dr
Six ---- Dead ---- na
---- ----
Cylons ---- Krash ---- dead
---- ----
Baltar ---- dead ---- na
---- ----
Day 4 ---- ----
terminate ---- archinerd ---- human
---- ----
---- ----
Night 5 ---- target ---- outcome
---- ----
Starbuck ---- dead ---- na
Apollo ---- dead ---- na
Athena ---- Austin ---- human
---- ----
Brother Cavil ---- pr0ner ---- Baltar
Six ---- Dead ---- na
---- ----
Cylons ---- Kelric ---- dead
---- ----
Baltar ---- dead ---- na
---- ----
Day 5 ---- ----
terminate ---- tru1cy ---- unknown
---- ----
---- ----
Night 6 ---- ----
---- ----
Nothing happened ---- ----
---- ----
Day 6 ---- ----
---- ----
Victory ---- ----
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Nice work, tru1cy. You ran that one down to the wire and nearly tricked everyone.

Good job, st_dysan. You planted self-exonerating evidence, scanned people who mostly stayed alive, and remained alive yourself despite the odds.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Random observations:

tru1cy: you missed an opportunity to pretend to be Apollo. Who would've challenged it?

Krash: when you harassed me all day and then liked me the following day, a lot of people (including Chaosraven) read that as a sign that you were Starbuck and that you had protected me that night. The thing to do for better cover was to not change your behavior so dramatically. Antennae go up.

Chaosraven: Isn't it weird that I deduced your Cylonicity even though nearly all of my premises were mistaken? You must've been leaking radioactivity or something.

pr0ner: I had no idea you were Baltar. Even when I suspected you a lot, I suspected you of Cylongitude.

Baron of Hell: More subtlety. You'll live longer. :)
Krash

Post by Krash »

BTW, st_dysan, I caught on to your clues Thursday night when I realized each day you were listing a new person as a human. I tried to show that when I made that list of suspects and put Kelric, Smutly and st_dysan on the bottom with the innocents. I thought Austin had caught on also since he listed st_dysan as a likely innocent.

I even protected you the night I died so that you could get another scan, but you actually scanned me. Oh well.

Oh, I guess we can discuss roles now? I assume Lassr will give us a complete rundown of all the roles. (Ah, I see that you did already)

If you guys didn't figure out my role by the Baron-is-Athena fiasco...

I was Starbuck.

Night 1 - I agonized over protecting Remus or Grund, but being my first game, I decided I didn't want to take the chance to die, so I protected myself and would decide between Grund and Remus on who to protect the second night.

Night 2 - After Baron died, I really did think there was a chance he was Athena and that Grund was guilty. However, if Grund was innocent, I still wanted to protect him.

So, I used the Baron-as-Athena tirade as a way to implicate Grundbegriff as much as possible and then protect him. That way, if he was cylon and I died, then he would look suspicious (or would have to explain himself if Apollo proved that Baron was Athena). As Grund and I had dialogue, I started to feel better about protecting him, but I wasn't relieved until Lassr stated that I lived. Then I went into damage control and tried to explain away why I tried to implicate Grund. I know some of you caught on though, but Grund was able to live another night, so I didn't care.

This is why my trust was in Grund after Night 2. I knew he was human.

Night 3 - I wanted to protect someone besides myself, but since I was pushing for McNutt to die, I didn't want to take the chance that he was a cylon coming for me, so I protected myself.

Night 4 - I had a feeling I would die since the cylons knew I protected Grund on night 2 and I would probably be vulnerable. I recognized st_dysan as Athena, so I protected him and had my throat slit during the night.

Anyway, that was a lot of fun. Grund, thanks for not getting irate when I tried to set you up on Night 2 - I was actually protecting you. :wink: Archinerd - sorry for the tone of my two accusations - I got a little overzealous. :wink: Lassr - great game! Yay humans.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Krash wrote:So, I used the Baron-as-Athena tirade as a way to implicate Grundbegriff as much as possible and then protect him. That way, if he was cylon and I died, then he would look suspicious (or would have to explain himself if Apollo proved that Baron was Athena). As Grund and I had dialogue, I started to feel better about protecting him, but I wasn't relieved until Lassr stated that I lived. Then I went into damage control and tried to explain away why I tried to implicate Grund.
The play was a good one. Well thought out. Only the damage control was an error. :)

Of course, the fact that I was Apollo adds a wrinkle to the calculation.

My mistake in the game was not revealing my role and the fact that Remus, whom I had scanned, was a Dr. I allowed Chaosraven to kill me without divulging those facts, because I genuinely thought Chaosraven was Cavil, not Twelve. My intent was to watch him die and then to spill (in the expectation that Twelve would take over the reins and kill me).

So I spent the remainder of the game hoping that the last Cylon wouldn't emulate Apollo and exploit my mistake by lying that Baron was Athena.
Krash

Post by Krash »

Grundbegriff wrote:Random observations:
Krash: when you harassed me all day and then liked me the following day, a lot of people (including Chaosraven) read that as a sign that you were Starbuck and that you had protected me that night. The thing to do for better cover was to not change your behavior so dramatically. Antennae go up.
Yeah, I realized that when I saw Chaos make a post that signified he knew. On the other hand, I kind of wanted to let people know you were innocent even if it outed me. Lesson learned though.

Chaosraven: Isn't it weird that I deduced your Cylonicity even though nearly all of my premises were mistaken? You must've been leaking radioactivity or something.
This was really funny. After Grund implicated Chaos, we used McNutt as evidence that Chaos was cylon. It wasn't the reason Grund first accused him, but I think using McNutt is what got most people to vote for Chaos. Sorry, McNutt, but you did help us get a cylon indirectly. :wink:
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I tried pointing out that Smutly or Tru1cy were bad, just off the voting record. And then I proceeded to drop major hints that I was Baltar in the process. But, of course, no one wanted to listen to me. Nice job, Austin. You almost led everyone down with your own case of Austincide.
Hodor.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

As a Doctor, my goal clearly was simply to stay alive as long as possible. I wanted the Cylons to think that I had a chance of getting lynched from time to time so I threw out comments that could be taken wrongly by the mob while trying not to have them be too damning.

I got almost to the end, so I suppose it worked.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I clearly did not lead anyone in the wrong direction this game. I therefore consider this my personal victory. :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Baron Of Hell

Post by Baron Of Hell »

Well well well the humans won. Boo hsss

Well here is what I was thinking this.

1. I didn't actually put a code in my first message. It was just playing in character.

2. I attempted to play dumb by asking questions I already knew the answer to but got outed quickly.

3. Once the code thing came up I decide to run with it thinking I could try to pretend to be a doctor.

4. My Mr Bubbles vote was indeed random. So was my first scan for balter.

5. Oh the Balter craziness. Yeah I thought Grund was Balter but figured I was dead and if I was dead then Balter would need to die also since I hadn't scanned him yet.

6. Oh look at all the votes for me. I decide to imply that I was the good cylon and vote for myself thinking nobody would think a bad cylon would kill himself in a vote.

7. I typed up my plan but neglected to hit the send so my cylon buddy couldn't talk me out of these stupid things. Should have waited until I heard something but hell I might have been dead by then.

And so Six died. And I looked so good in that dress.

PSN ID: Baron-Of-Hell
Steam: Baron_Of_Hell
Austin

Post by Austin »

I felt like I was playing defense more than outing cylons. It just hit a point where I had no idea anyway. Tru1cy did a pretty good job at the end in the face of the real Athena. He planted some doubt but not enough to kill the truth.

I thought st_dysan was Apollo. If you recall my post along the lines of, "Must be good to work close to the son" when he was doing priest things. Son being a cover for sun, Apollo... whatever.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Grund, when you called me an incestuous wabbit did you think I was maybe a Dr.?
Krash

Post by Krash »

Austin, you were by far the most frustrating for me. I would bounce you from innocent to guilty and back quite a bit. I just couldn't read you - and then when I wanted to vote for you, I would see your avatar and think "I can't vote against that kid - he just looks innocent". Heh.
Austin wrote:I thought st_dysan was Apollo. If you recall my post along the lines of, "Must be good to work close to the son" when he was doing priest things. Son being a cover for sun, Apollo... whatever.
Heh, I thought that was some kind of code stating you knew he was Athena - as if he was "all-knowing" or maybe a reference to the hybrid baby in the series. I wasn't even thinking of Apollo. When you listed Kelric as a possible cylon, I thought you were just messing with Kelric and not trying to give away st_dysan.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Austin wrote:Grund, when you called me an incestuous wabbit did you think I was maybe a Dr.?
Nope
Austin

Post by Austin »

Krash wrote:Austin, you were by far the most frustrating for me. I would bounce you from innocent to guilty and back quite a bit. I just couldn't read you - and then when I wanted to vote for you, I would see your avatar and think "I can't vote against that kid - he just looks innocent". Heh.
Austin wrote:I thought st_dysan was Apollo. If you recall my post along the lines of, "Must be good to work close to the son" when he was doing priest things. Son being a cover for sun, Apollo... whatever.
Heh, I thought that was some kind of code stating you knew he was Athena - as if he was "all-knowing" or maybe a reference to the hybrid baby in the series. I wasn't even thinking of Apollo. When you listed Kelric as a possible cylon, I thought you were just messing with Kelric and not trying to give away st_dysan.
Yeah, I never really thought much of Kelric. ;)

(That is to say, no I never really suspected Kelric)
Austin

Post by Austin »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Austin wrote:Grund, when you called me an incestuous wabbit did you think I was maybe a Dr.?
Nope
It kept me alive in any case. ;)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

that was a fun game guys. And truicy kudo to you to really doing well, once your partners were gone. You were really off my radar and had no clue. I didnt realize what you were till i was outside of the game gossiping with the others on the sidelines.

But most of all...GOOD GUYS WIN!!! And well played St. Dysan, well played.
And sorry Baron that you went out as early as you did.

/goes off in search of his flask, in his ethereal state
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Well I had an inkling that Krash was Protector and St_Dysan the Seer...

but I thought my own death would implicate the people I tried to attach my name to... and it worked as you killed them :twisted:

Unfortunately I was killed while I was at work or I *WOULD* have spilled the beans about my suspicions, so I figured taking out the Loudest Good Guy would cut the head off the snake.

I tried to pretend to be Athena *and* Twelve... guess nobody paid attention to my clues.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:I tried to pretend to be Athena *and* Twelve... guess nobody paid attention to my clues.
Nope. I took you to be clueless.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:I tried to pretend to be Athena *and* Twelve... guess nobody paid attention to my clues.
Nope. I took you to be clueless.
HA! Then you actually KNEW how ineffectual I am! Uh... wait. What?

I like pizza.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

mmmm pizza. I'm hungry.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

There should Totally be like a 24hr Strip Club with Pizza Buffet.
"Where are you off to?"

Krash

Post by Krash »

I'm curious about a couple things:

1) Chaos - why were you set against using Helo on McNutt?

2) Grund - what was the significance of your Archinerd vote on Day 1?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Chaosraven wrote:There should Totally be like a 24hr Strip Club with Pizza Buffet.
Vegas, baby. Vegas.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Krash wrote:I'm curious about a couple things:

1) Chaos - why were you set against using Helo on McNutt?
Honestly to Make McNutt look suspicious. Which seems to have worked pretty damned well.

And I am hereby closing any further introspective into How Chaosraven Acts As A Bad Guy... I just had to delete like seven lines of text in this post...
"Where are you off to?"