Octopus Overlords 2004 Community Awards {Best MMORPG}

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

OO'ers Best MMORPG

Poll ended at Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:12 am

City of Heroes
25%
EverQuest 2
9%
Lineage II: The Chaotic Chronicle
1%
World of Warcraft
65%

Total votes: 103

naednek

Octopus Overlords 2004 Community Awards {Best MMORPG}

Post by naednek »

RULESOnly vote once. If you do not see a game you thought deserves the award please write it in. Only list 1 game, anyone who lists multiple games, I will pick the first one listed as your choice

This is for PC games released in 2004. After the 10 days of polling is up, I'll tally up the votes and announce the winner.

Please keep comments or concerns in this thread, that way it's easier for me to sort out the votes. http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/ ... 7536#97536
noun

Post by noun »

No contest - City of Heroes all the way. WoW may have a better graphics engine, but CoH removes all the tedium and annoyances plaguing most MMORPGs and replaces them with a single element - fun gameplay. What a concept!

Plus, it gets bonus points for not being another fricking medieval fantasy world.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Okay, I voted for WoW and I haven't even played Everquest 2, but how in the hell did Lineage 2 get a vote before it did? Seriously, that is mind-blowing.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Huw the Poo

Post by Huw the Poo »

Eve Online.
Odin

Post by Odin »

Hey! What about Saga of Ryzom?!?

Just kidding - that game sucked royally.