[WW - nonvariant] Back to Basics - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Grundbegriff wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
pr0ner wrote:I still can't believe no one went after Grund after I stated my suspicion of him over and over again. Wow.
Why can't you believe it? Because you had made yourself so credible in the eyes of so many?
Sometimes your tag can be so appropriate.
Well, surely you have to admit that I was only able to exploit your weird behavior because your behavior was weird....

Archinerd doubted you. Even your Scanned+Contacted doubted you.

I don't think there's anything wrong with your acknowledging that you misconstrued your role or developed a wrongheaded strategy. In games where I've screwed up or misinterpreted, I've owned and explained my mistakes in detail in the postmortem.

It's a game. It's all good. We can all have a chuckle, raise a toast, and learn from one another, we few, we band of Minions....
He should have been doubted. That doesn't mean he should have been hung so quickly. Obviously, you'd want to hang him but the rest of the gallery (which would then include you) should have pulled back, even if only to lynch him later that round. With the world becoming clear after pr0ner's death, every one voting for pr0ner should have been highly suspect, beginning with Archi and Grund. I'd have gone after you first, simply because you are never trustworthy, even as a good guy, IMO. But that's just me. I would have just as easily followed a bandwagon for Archi. Had the entire village eventually died by lynching, not killing a single pr0ner voting wolf, I'd have thought the village got what it deserved.

But I'm just a nut in the gallery.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:Austin and Grundbegriff, you both miss the point of hints IMO. There is no need to leave hints in a PM game. If you want someone to think something you PM it to them. In a non-PM game you leave hints to communicate to those you can not otherwise. The link Grund provided was of me telling him I knew that he was telling the truth AND that I was the one contacted by Genghis by mentioning the Siblings since he and Chaosraven were the Siblings. I could not do that any other way. Thus I had justified my trust of him and allowed him to trust in me as well. Anyone else should only have read that I trusted his play as logical only for a villager.
You're detached, Remus. My link wasn't about what you were doing; it was about my shouting from the rooftop that I was a Sibling, and Chaos replying, when we both knew perfectly well that nobody would take it as true even though it was.
Ah. I read your response as telling me you had gotten the message and knew where I stood with regards to Genghis.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Ugh, that was brutal. I'm almost glad I got bumped off on Thursday because I left on Friday for the weekend and wouldn't have been able to participate in the last vote. Not that it would have mattered...

I knew Grund was a wolf, Austin I didn't suspect at all. My main concern with bandwagoning Grund was that my record was horrendous I knew he'd instantly make that an issue. I even admitted that my primary suspects had been pr0ner, Archinerd, and Ralph-Wiggum, I was basically laying the groundwork for when I voted for Grund and he tried to bring this up. Unfortunately I never got that far. My plan prior to that was to get the other wolf.. I felt like a lot of people suspected Grund and that with one wolf out of the picture he'd lose some voting/bandwagoning clout, allowing us to pick him off. I think a lot of it went wrong on the tru1cy/PR_GMR vote.. I had a very strong suspicion that tru1cy was innocent, and was led to suspect anyone who was voting for him. Given the choice between pushing for tru1cy and PR_GMR, I threw my vote towards the person who seemed more suspicious, rather than trying to talk everyone off the ledge and vote for neither of them.

Anyway, gg all.