Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Captain Caveman

Re: The Trump Investigation Thread

Post by Captain Caveman »

https://twitter.com/kevinmkruse/status/ ... 7496250368
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

If the President or the President's family did it, they're not responsible. The buck stops anywhere else.

#notwinning
"A lie can run round the world before the truth has got its boots on." -Terry Pratchett, The Truth
"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it." -Terry Pratchett, Monstrous Regiment
Captain Caveman

We'll that was fast. After months of "I have nothing to do with Russia" and "it could've been a 400lbs dweeb in his mom's basement", we've finally arrived at "fuck yeah we colluded, and it was amazing"
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 4220568576
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

So, he's also abandoned the "Trump's not a politician" myth?
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

He also seems to think he has some kind of insight into the inner workings of "most politicians'" campaigns. This is someone who can't even be bothered to learn about the details of policy that he himself is INCREDIBLY EAGER to sign into law. Now he wants us to believe that he knows that most other politicians would have taken that meeting?

Oh wait, he's just going off his own gut feeling instead of any actual information, as usual. Carry on!
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Captain Caveman wrote:We'll that was fast. After months of "I have nothing to do with Russia" and "it could've been a 400lbs dweeb in his mom's basement", we've finally arrived at "fuck yeah we colluded, and it was amazing"
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 4220568576
The important thing here is that the tweet showed up on Tapatalk.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Only if most politicians are selfish assholes more interested in being elected than concern about their country or being manipulated.
"A lie can run round the world before the truth has got its boots on." -Terry Pratchett, The Truth
"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it." -Terry Pratchett, Monstrous Regiment
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

What tapatalk sorcery are you running that got the tweet to show up? I just get the link that CC helpfully provided because he's not a monster.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Zarathud wrote:Only if most politicians are selfish assholes more interested in being elected than concern about their country or being manipulated.
The thing is that either Trump actually believes that, or wants the public to believe that. He's trying to create a new reality where what he's doing is normal because it's how politicians have always acted. If he's the new normal, then it's less likely that he'll get kicked out on his ass for doing what he's been doing.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Trump also has access to the publisher of tabloids. New lows everyday.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Chaz wrote:What tapatalk sorcery are you running that got the tweet to show up? I just get the link that CC helpfully provided because he's not a monster.
I don't know. I opened the app and it was there. But when I looked through my updates I found one from the 13th that says Twitter is supported now.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I ran a test in the Meta thread. The results will shock you!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Someone else doing something wrong IS NOT A GODDAMN DEFENSE, YOU ORANGE FUCKTARD.

The Zodiac Killer can murder 7 people, but I can't kill just one person without people getting upset. UNFAIR!
Now depoliticized.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

It's still FAKE NEWS MEDIA even if we're talking about something that's not fake?
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

msteelers wrote:
Chaz wrote:What tapatalk sorcery are you running that got the tweet to show up? I just get the link that CC helpfully provided because he's not a monster.
I don't know. I opened the app and it was there. But when I looked through my updates I found one from the 13th that says Twitter is supported now.
Are you on iOS? I'm on Android, have no pending updates, and no embedded tweets.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Isgrimnur wrote:I ran a test in the Meta thread. The results will shock you!
So in other words, embedded tweets still suck.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Chaz wrote:
msteelers wrote:
Are you on iOS? I'm on Android, have no pending updates, and no embedded tweets.
Yeah, iOS.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Crap, I just remembered that I got Tapatalk through Amazon, so updates would come through there instead of the Google store,and I uninstalled the Amazon app. I'll check when I get back to the office.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

hepcat wrote: Someone else doing something wrong IS NOT A GODDAMN DEFENSE

someone should let Rip know.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote: Someone else doing something wrong IS NOT A GODDAMN DEFENSE, YOU ORANGE FUCKTARD.

The Zodiac Killer can murder 7 people, but I can't kill just one person without people getting upset. UNFAIR!
To say nothing of the fact that she lost.

Perhaps that's what all his his outrage really is. He is outraged that he believes he did all the same shit as Hillary and she got to lose.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

hitbyambulance wrote:
hepcat wrote: Someone else doing something wrong IS NOT A GODDAMN DEFENSE

someone should let Rip know.
:lol:

Hey, it's his go to defense. Without it, he's got very little to work with these days. :ninja:
Now depoliticized.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Enlarge Image
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

The owls are not what they seem
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

As seen on Facebook:

Listen, you cornered, traitorous dipsh-ts, at this point just go with "I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn’t have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN’T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Sean Spicer just gave a briefing where he said there's no reason to believe DonJr's meeting was about anything other than adoption.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Captain Caveman

Holman wrote:Sean Spicer just gave a briefing where he said there's no reason to believe DonJr's meeting was about anything other than adoption.
:laughing-rolling:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

And there are a lot of idiots that will actually believe that...even after reading Jr.'s self released emails that deny that.
Now depoliticized.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Adoption of Russian oversight in the US white house?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:Enlarge Image
OREILLY

Now depoliticized.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Nugget from our national poll coming out tomorrow- only 45% of Trump voters believe Donald Trump Jr. had a meeting with Russians...
So... despite DonJr and everyone else admitting it, and even with coverage on Fox, more than half of Trump voters believe it never happened.

There's some segment in there that probably follows no news at all, but I wonder how many are just "It hurts Trump and the media says it, so it must be a lie."
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I also, can now see tweets! Praise Tweesus!
Holman

Post by Holman »

New talking point straight from the home office.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Holman wrote: but I wonder how many are just "It hurts Trump and the media says it, so it must be a lie."
Or how many are just lying themselves.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Holman wrote:
Nugget from our national poll coming out tomorrow- only 45% of Trump voters believe Donald Trump Jr. had a meeting with Russians...
So... despite DonJr and everyone else admitting it, and even with coverage on Fox, more than half of Trump voters believe it never happened.

There's some segment in there that probably follows no news at all, but I wonder how many are just "It hurts Trump and the media says it, so it must be a lie."
So...if Don Jr. personally printed out his own emails and handed it to those people, they still would scream "fake news"?
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

This is why they spent so much time discrediting the media. Now, even when the news outlets report things that the administration and Trump family themselves say and do, their supporters will immediately think that anything negative is a false story being created by the media.

They get all the credit for things their supporters like, because either the media can be trusted on those counts or the Trumps are saying it themselves on Twitter, they get a buffer for the things their supporters don't like, because you can't trust the lying media, and they get more credit for things that didn't happen, because the lying media just isn't reporting it.

Whichever of his inner circle pushed the "discredit the media" strategy is both horrible and brilliant. And by pushed, I mean "stole from previous successful authoritarian regime playbooks."
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Holman wrote:

My guess is that, if their feet were held to the fire and they were shown the actual proof, they'd immediately claim the poll itself is FAKE NEWS. Since it shows them in a negative light.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Nightwish

Post by Nightwish »

hepcat wrote: Someone else doing something wrong IS NOT A GODDAMN DEFENSE, YOU ORANGE FUCKTARD.

So that means now Hillary or Soros or the Bogeyman can work with the Chinese to hack voting machines in 2018 totally legit, right? That's how democracy works, ain't it? And since Nixon spied on opponents, that means they can spy on everyone's computer just fine, right? Oh, wait... :grund:
me in OO -> just reading, but sometimes I do speak my mind
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Chaz wrote:This is why they spent so much time discrediting the media. Now, even when the news outlets report things that the administration and Trump family themselves say and do, their supporters will immediately think that anything negative is a false story being created by the media.

They get all the credit for things their supporters like, because either the media can be trusted on those counts or the Trumps are saying it themselves on Twitter, they get a buffer for the things their supporters don't like, because you can't trust the lying media, and they get more credit for things that didn't happen, because the lying media just isn't reporting it.

Whichever of his inner circle pushed the "discredit the media" strategy is both horrible and brilliant. And by pushed, I mean "stole from previous successful authoritarian regime playbooks."
Was probably Bannon.
Hodor.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Holman

Post by Holman »

It's been easy to miss in all the noise, but is anyone noticing that the WH and now Fox News have begun to paint Ukraine as the enemy?