Lars Lynching Liasons 4: Game has ended

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:Blah blah blah
More Blah Blah Blah
Psst. Its still night. No actual important things should be said. And actually I'm not sure about that. I know Lars said it was a no-no last game but did he say no night conversation this game? Back to check the rules.

Pay me no mind, there is nothing in the rules about night conversation, but I think given the last game there was we should likely wait for Lars to chime in about it before we start actually talking about anything important.
Lars

Post by Lars »

Remus West wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Ok, so who's slowing this game down? Let's get this lynching party started!
Lars, probably. :shock:

Ah, frack it. Lynch Lars!
Umm, that did not work so well the last time we tried it. Something about "I'm the GM the game would shut down" or some other whiney crap. He just doesn't respect our voices.
Who knows? I certainly know that I'm innocent, so it sure wouldn't surprise me if you could get everyone to vote to kill me, Remus. :wink:
Remus West wrote:
Kraegor wrote:
And that's how she got to the same party as me. Oh shit. I skipped something. Damn it. This whole robot bit. I made a big deal, then I like totally forgot. Fuck, this is bad narrating. Like my dad telling a joke. "Oh, wait back up. I forgot to tell you the cowboy rode a blue horse." Fuck. Anyway, I don't know ifyou want to see it now, but here's the fucking robot stuff for your viewing pleasure. Can I say "fuck" more?
Great movie. Although I would not allow her to pee on me I can totally see where those who are into that would consider her worthy.
I'm not in to it at all, trust me, but if that was the only way I would be allowed to "sample the goods", as they say, well............ there you go.
Remus West wrote:
LordMortis wrote:Which all of youse has orders to send in? For that matter, where is Lars? [foot tapping]
IIRC Lars works and does not have access at work, so unlike some, who shall remain initialed LM, he actually works while at work. :shock:
True, I rarely am able to post while at work. So, the way it's going to work out is this: updates to the game will probably happen just after midnight EST, and just after noon EST. Don't look for updates any other times. I think it works out well that way anyhow, so people can't track roles by my posting updates to the game at different times. And by the way, no update right now, because I'm still waiting for responses from some people. Sorry!
Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Blah blah blah
More Blah Blah Blah
Psst. Its still night. No actual important things should be said. And actually I'm not sure about that. I know Lars said it was a no-no last game but did he say no night conversation this game? Back to check the rules.

Pay me no mind, there is nothing in the rules about night conversation, but I think given the last game there was we should likely wait for Lars to chime in about it before we start actually talking about anything important.
For this game, I'm really not worried about if people wish to speak during the night or not. I'd prefer if people not speak about lynching votes and such at night, but I understand that people get bored waiting at times, and wish to get the discussions going, so I'm going to allow it. So, feel free to talk, if you want.

I just realized that everything I responded to was from Remus. Huh. That just seems wrong for some reason.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Lars wrote:I just realized that everything I responded to was from Remus. Huh. That just seems wrong for some reason.
It's because he's just so smrt.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I just wanted to jump in to complain about Kelric infringing on my lines on the previous page. It's *my* job to point out that we are being repressed, not his. His job is to run away at the first sign of danger! Or Rodney Dangerfield!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kelric wrote:
Lars wrote:I just realized that everything I responded to was from Remus. Huh. That just seems wrong for some reason.
It's because he's just so smrt.
Hey thats just...I....you...I got nothing. :(
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lars has posted and it's not morning. :( I think it's bed time.
Lars

Post by Lars »

setaside was on his way to work, merilly singing away to a happy tune. It truly was a beautiful day to be walking outside, and could life really be any bett........

setaside's feet slide out from under him, and he slams into the ground. A warm, sticky substance covers his back, and as he turns to see what's below him, the severed head of Grundbegriff is staring back at him.

An emergency meeting is called, and after much investigation and deliberation, it is obvious what killed Grundbegriff: Werewolves! (I mean, what else could it be?)

The citizens meet in the town hall, and they will not leave until it is decided who will hang this day.

It is now DAY. A majority vote is 10 for both lynching, or for a seance. If you wish to vote for a seance, please make your vote bolded like so: Seance Lars

Grundbegriff - Eaten
Nameless
Remus West
Bakhtosh
SirReal
Chaosraven
LordMortis
pr0ner
tru1cy
Kraegor
Kelric
Mr Bubbles
Austin
setaside
Ralph-Wiggum
Chris Grenard
Cesare
Zurai
Lassr
PR_GMR
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Mens Palace open for business.

setaside, don't bring that in here.

Now who would want to kill Grund?

Nameless - guiltless? wolf
Remus West - would kill me first. but because he knows that, wouldn't. don't choose the cup in front of him. wolf
Bakhtosh - blackmailed lars into getting a wolf role. damn moderators
SirReal - RealWolf.
Chaosraven - Berserker Hunter.
LordMortis - probably giggling away with remus west as 2 of the five wolves.
pr0ner - w0lf
tru1cy - always a bad guy.
Kraegor - infected. burn the wolf
Kelric - as he didn't die the first night, HAS to be a wolf
Mr Bubbles - Mr Wolf. If he is short with us, it is because time is a factor.
Austin - new player. probably given a wolf role as a bribe. damn moderators.
setaside - found the head. he who smelt it, dealt it. wolf
Ralph-Wiggum - Ralph-Wolfen
Chris Grenard - X-Claw wolf
Cesare - 2nd on the list? if still alive day 2, probably a wolf.
Zurai - way too quiet. must be a wolf.
Lassr - French.
PR_GMR - The only innocent of the bunch.

Hang 'em all.

Edited to be suspicious. I'm counting!
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

Wow, you sure are quick to point fingers. Say. That's a LOT of fingers you got there. You collecting them at night?

Actually, I was kinda counting on Grund to lay down the logics here... but he can't, seeing as how he's over at the barn. And next to the well. And up on the church roof.

So I'll have to fall back to the only other tactic I've ever had: Nuke the silent ones. If you're not talking, you're not helping. Unfortunately, most people aren't talking, so it's a crap shoot. I'll ask for Zurai's head then. Speak up or lose it, Z!

EDITed to add: DON'T ask for a seance! To point out the obvious, it'd be a waste of resources this early.
"There is a reason people around the world eat bugs. That reason is lack of choice." - Remus West
Got a Logitech G15 or G13? Check out my plugin: http://linkdata.se/lcdsirreal.html" target="_blank
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Actually, I think Grund KNEW he would be targeted first , so he did a early brain dump just in case. At this point I'm withholding my vote, but I will lean towards voting off a quiet person first.

Will check back later
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Austin

Post by Austin »

Who would kill Grund first? (At least until Lucas gets a hold of this game)I'd guess it would be either a n00b who figured killing off someone with apparent investigatory skills would be a good idea, or someone who knows him and how he plays. Perhaps someone with middling skills who's a mixture of both...
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Austin wrote:Who would kill Grund first? (At least until Lucas gets a hold of this game)I'd guess it would be either a n00b who figured killing off someone with apparent investigatory skills would be a good idea, or someone who knows him and how he plays. Perhaps someone with middling skills who's a mixture of both...

Grund is probably one of our more dangerous players. So, the WW probably took a chance to see if he was cursed. If he wasn't then they remove a dangerous player from the game. Tonight victim will probably give us more information.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

The interesting thing for me is

1) I would have thought that Grund would have been protected on night one.

And

2) I would have thought that Grund would have been protected on night one.

This means:

1) I don't get the wolves.

and

2) I don't get the hunter.

I'm also a little bummed for the strategy discussion part. I figured it was a good idea for the medium type person to come out and talk to the dead on turn one. Grund seemed to think that we should expect big things from the medium (meaning a first turn communication would be bad idea) and for the life of me I can't see what the big things would be.

Anyhoo, on to lynching the silent until they speak up. Let's start the round up.

Nameless I'm callin' you out! You mangy muttman.

Aside from that, I'm up for opening comments and ideas.

Edit:
SirReal wrote:EDITed to add: DON'T ask for a seance! To point out the obvious, it'd be a waste of resources this early.
I don't get it. Why not? I'm trying to figure out what we hold the seance until later for. I'm sure there must a good reason that you see and Grund saw but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:
Austin wrote:Who would kill Grund first? (At least until Lucas gets a hold of this game)I'd guess it would be either a n00b who figured killing off someone with apparent investigatory skills would be a good idea, or someone who knows him and how he plays. Perhaps someone with middling skills who's a mixture of both...

Grund is probably one of our more dangerous players. So, the WW probably took a chance to see if he was cursed. If he wasn't then they remove a dangerous player from the game. Tonight victim will probably give us more information.
I doubt they cared if he was cursed or not. Probably figured if he was then great if he was not then they remove a big threat. It was likely they figure he was not protected this early so they could get at him. I am on board with the idea of removing the silent but will give other the time to show before casting a vote. For now I am going to take my class down by the river, No, Chaosraven Jr., we are not finger painting with a lot of red. Put that down right now and go wash your hands.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

LordMortis wrote:The interesting thing for me is

1) I would have thought that Grund would have been protected on night one.

And

2) I would have thought that Grund would have been protected on night one.

This means:

1) I don't get the wolves.

and

2) I don't get the hunter.
Heh. Well, what happens if the hunter protects a werewolf? Does the hunter die? Does a wolf die?

Since we have nothing to go on so far, I'm also voting for anyone who's still quiet by the end of this day.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Actually I don't understand why Grund wasn't protected either.

My couple of copper bits:
Most likely to be killed early - Kelric, Chaosraven, Cesare
Most likely to be lynched - Chaosraven, Mr Bubbles, Tru1cy

You have to figure that the hunter is either NEW or Protected someone they themselves are familiar with.

Possible random chance: the Mentalist contacted the Hunter and the Hunter decided to protect that person.

Possible random chance: Grund was, in fact, the hunter.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Cesare wrote:Heh. Well, what happens if the hunter protects a werewolf? Does the hunter die? Does a wolf die?
The Rules wrote:If the Werewolf Hunter decides to protect one other player and the Werewolves choose to kill that same person that the Werewolf Hunter has chosen to protect that night, the player chosen will not be killed.
With no additional rules, the evidence would suggest that nothing happens to the wolf.
"Where are you off to?"

Zurai

Post by Zurai »

LordMortis wrote:
SirReal wrote:EDITed to add: DON'T ask for a seance! To point out the obvious, it'd be a waste of resources this early.
I don't get it. Why not? I'm trying to figure out what we hold the seance until later for. I'm sure there must a good reason that you see and Grund saw but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
Because asking for a seance at this point gives us only one target (Grund) and zero nights of information from the target. Waiting til later gives us better odds of actually learning something from the seanced.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Chaosraven wrote:Actually I don't understand why Grund wasn't protected either.

My couple of copper bits:
Most likely to be killed early - Kelric, Chaosraven, Cesare
Most likely to be lynched - Chaosraven, Mr Bubbles, Tru1cy

You have to figure that the hunter is either NEW or Protected someone they themselves are familiar with.

Possible random chance: the Mentalist contacted the Hunter and the Hunter decided to protect that person.

Possible random chance: Grund was, in fact, the hunter.
Can the hunter protect themself? If so, then that's possibly a good logical first protection. Was Grund the hunter? is another possibility, which for some stupid reason is not a possiblity I even thought of. But then, the wolven choice was still interesting, guessing that Grund wouldn't be protected on round one. Or do you think that of four wolves, none of them would object to the idea that Grund would be protected on night one?

I also don't understand your copper bits...
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Zurai wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Because asking for a seance at this point gives us only one target (Grund) and zero nights of information from the target. Waiting til later gives us better odds of actually learning something from the seanced.
Correct. It doesn't seem like Grund was dropping any hints as to be rolled. I think it would certainly be advisable to wait till we have several canidates before we decide on who to seance.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Cesare wrote:Heh. Well, what happens if the hunter protects a werewolf? Does the hunter die? Does a wolf die?
As far as I could tell from the rules, if the hunter protects a werewolf nothing happens. He should be protecting someone every night without fail.

Medium, I have been putting some thought into what Grund posted. I pictured your biggest ability as being able to prove themselves beyond a shadow of a doubt. With Grund's death though I think they have two main uses. First off, if the Priest comes forward(NOT NOW) at some point and tells us the Seer has been killed we can gain a brain dump from the seer even after the fact. Secondly, if we need to, assuming that the dead are allowed to follow the game and draw conclusions from the action they observe, we could get a brain dump from Grund down the road and know that he is trustworthy(there is a 1/20 chance he was the sorcerer though).

As for the Seer, I have said it before and I will say it again, vision the people you expect to be around a while. I hope you did not waste a vision on Grund as he was likely killed or lynched in the first few rounds and thus becomes a wasted vision. Check people you expect to survive so that you can build a block of knowns.

Masons, I really think only having two of you your power is mostly in vouching for each other to keep us from lynching an innocent, should one of your heads be close to the block speak up. Do not allow us to hang a mason without a fight.

Mentalist, you are sort of an expanding Masonic block. Your power should enable you to have others vouch for you should we get close to lynching you but also allows you to build a list of knowledge from folks. The combination of you and the Seer should prove crucial to our efforts.

Priest, you will obviously have some key information. Sadly you will get it a night after the wolves but I think you should check their kills every night rather than the lynchees. We do not want the wolves to be able to act on any knowledge the village is not privy to. By having the Priest check the role of the wolf kills we can keep this from happening.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

LordMortis wrote:Can the hunter protect themself? If so, then that's possibly a good logical first protection. Or do you think that of four wolves, none of them would object to the idea that Grund would be protected on night one?

I also don't understand your copper bits...
The Rules wrote:The Werewolf Hunter cannot choose himself to protect, or the previously protected player from the previous night, if any.
Do you actually read these things? :wink:

Couple of Copper Bits: Two Cents
"Where are you off to?"

SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

Zurai wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Hex-actly. Ideally, we'll want to seance with a recently killed priest or seer - braindumping post mortem FTW. Yeah, I know, the odds of actually managing that are slim to none, but better that than wasting the seance.

Since the Z grew a mouth (and we're hunting wolves, not things), I withdraw my vote for Zurai. Guess I'll wait for a wagon a bit.
"There is a reason people around the world eat bugs. That reason is lack of choice." - Remus West
Got a Logitech G15 or G13? Check out my plugin: http://linkdata.se/lcdsirreal.html" target="_blank
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zurai wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
I'm just not sure what we'll learn from the seanced. I'm trying to understand what the right circumstances for seancing are.

My thoughts on the early seance are that 1) we learn what, if any, role that first turn deceased 2) we get to know exactly who the medium is, who can then be protected on and off by the hunter which allows 3) the seer to not waste vision on them while he is looking for wolves and 4) the mentalist to not waste a private night contact with him.

I am not saying I am right. I am saying this is what I see as advantages for seancing now. I am trying to understand the pieces put together to see the advantage of seancing later.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

1) LM brought up he thought Grund would be protected. This made me think of something...

What if on the first night, nobody was killed? Would the game even start? I mean, it's not like the villagers had any reason to lynch anybody, as there had not yet been any killings.

Weird.

2) Chaosraven thought that Grund might be the hunter. I thought if he died the hunter took a wolf down with him.

3) In all the games I've seen, I don't think the quiet ones have *ever* been a wolf. Could be wrong, but that was my impression of things.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Okay, first off ... eww. I'm going home now to take a bath. Laying in Grund guts is making my stomach feel sick.

Now I'm scarred for the rest of my "hopefully longer than a day or two left" life.

My guess is that as soon as Grund saw that he was not a wolf, he knew his chances of surviving the first night were slim. I'll be honest, it seemed suspicious when he put up that strategy post. It made me think that the was either the Sorcerer or one of the wolves and he was trying to communicate strategy to the other(s).

Now that he's dead, my thinking is that he figured he was marked so he wanted to get as many good strategies out before he bit it. I'm a little confused by him giving strategies to the other side but ... Unless he WAS the Sorcerer and they just ate him. hmm ...
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:Medium, I have been putting some thought into what Grund posted. I pictured your biggest ability as being able to prove themselves beyond a shadow of a doubt. With Grund's death though I think they have two main uses. First off, if the Priest comes forward(NOT NOW) at some point and tells us the Seer has been killed we can gain a brain dump from the seer even after the fact. Secondly, if we need to, assuming that the dead are allowed to follow the game and draw conclusions from the action they observe, we could get a brain dump from Grund down the road and know that he is trustworthy(there is a 1/20 chance he was the sorcerer though).
We can also get information from a dead Priest (assuming we seance the Priest) if the Mentalist had contacted them and they claimed that role.
Saving the seance for a couple days to build up info is a good idea.
Checking Grund right now would only allow him to tell us Who He Was (which the Priest can find out if they wish) and What He Discovered (in the event he was the Seer or Sorcerer and got his answer before being killed in the night)
Random Possiblity: Grund was the Medium and a successful Seance Vote will show the Medium is dead.
Remus West wrote: As for the Seer, I have said it before and I will say it again, vision the people you expect to be around a while. I hope you did not waste a vision on Grund as he was likely killed or lynched in the first few rounds and thus becomes a wasted vision. Check people you expect to survive so that you can build a block of knowns.
Feel free to vision me, but it is DIRECTLY CONTRARY to the above quote. : lol :
Remus West wrote: Masons, I really think only having two of you your power is mostly in vouching for each other to keep us from lynching an innocent, should one of your heads be close to the block speak up. Do not allow us to hang a mason without a fight.
Random Possiblity: Grund was one of the Masons.
If you are the surviving partner, outing yourself now only makes you a target. The hunter can only protect you every other night and it would take Proof to draw that protection.
Remus West wrote: Mentalist, you are sort of an expanding Masonic block. Your power should enable you to have others vouch for you should we get close to lynching you but also allows you to build a list of knowledge from folks. The combination of you and the Seer should prove crucial to our efforts.
My suggestion? The Mentalist should have the person they contacted the night before named in their post each day. NOT to out themselves, but to build a Trail in the event the Mentalist is killed (and we are told by the Priest/Seance)
Remus West wrote: Priest, you will obviously have some key information. Sadly you will get it a night after the wolves but I think you should check their kills every night rather than the lynchees. We do not want the wolves to be able to act on any knowledge the village is not privy to. By having the Priest check the role of the wolf kills we can keep this from happening.
Don't forget the Priest has a choice to make each day as we are also "killing" one player per day. But I agree that knowing what the wolves do is important.

I think when the Lynching is Irreversible the person in question may want to expose their role unless they feel it would give the wolves too much info
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

ChrisGrenard wrote:In all the games I've seen, I don't think the quiet ones have *ever* been a wolf. Could be wrong, but that was my impression of things.
They have, but the main reason to kill the quiet ones is that they do you no good in the long run and come the end of the game you want everyone alive to have a history you can check into rather than make a blind guess about.

LM, you keep suggesting the Medium come forward and I am going to start voting to lynch you. This early in the game it makes no sense. At best we get tonight with a known then they kill him. Wasted known and wasted power. Why do you want to waste a powered player?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:First off, if the Priest comes forward(NOT NOW) at some point and tells us the Seer has been killed we can gain a brain dump from the seer even after the fact.
There we go. That's the piece I was missing. It makes sense for seer to stay quiet even unto death if the priest can still label him and we can still talk to him.

Chaosraven wrote:Couple of Copper Bits: Two Cents
Ya think? But your nickel plated copper coated musings mean nothing with out a rationale.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:
Remus West wrote:First off, if the Priest comes forward(NOT NOW) at some point and tells us the Seer has been killed we can gain a brain dump from the seer even after the fact.
There we go. That's the piece I was missing. It makes sense for seer to stay quiet even unto death if the priest can still label him and we can still talk to him.
You make no sense wacky man. The seer should definately come forward if we are about to hang him. It is in the event of the wolves eating him that we will need the Medium.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

LordMortis wrote:I'm just not sure what we'll learn from the seanced. I'm trying to understand what the right circumstances for seancing are.
Mason partner dead: Living partner confirmed when Dead Speak.

Mentalist claims X claimed to be "Priest/Seer", X speaks

Priest claims Y was Seer, Y speaks

there are plenty of other possiblities, but I do not see how first day Seance would do anything other than give us Info that the Priest could have tonight, Confirmation of the Medium (who then receives a two day lifespan), and any answer Grund may have gotten (assuming Grund was Seer or Sorcerer).

or that he was the Medium when no Seance takes place. Which the Priest could find out tonight anyway.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:In all the games I've seen, I don't think the quiet ones have *ever* been a wolf. Could be wrong, but that was my impression of things.
They have, but the main reason to kill the quiet ones is that they do you no good in the long run and come the end of the game you want everyone alive to have a history you can check into rather than make a blind guess about.
There is almost ALWAYS (with 3) a Vocal, an Opponent, and a Quiet.

The Opponent disagrees and does not vote with the Vocal to keep their names from being associated (other than by this standard).

The Quiet isn't usually SILENT, per se, more of the Offhand Quip and bandwagon voting... especially if the Vocal and Opponent have managed to stay out of the current bandwagon.

Just from my observations of these games.
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:
Remus West wrote:Medium, I have been putting some thought into what Grund posted. I pictured your biggest ability as being able to prove themselves beyond a shadow of a doubt. With Grund's death though I think they have two main uses. First off, if the Priest comes forward(NOT NOW) at some point and tells us the Seer has been killed we can gain a brain dump from the seer even after the fact. Secondly, if we need to, assuming that the dead are allowed to follow the game and draw conclusions from the action they observe, we could get a brain dump from Grund down the road and know that he is trustworthy(there is a 1/20 chance he was the sorcerer though).
We can also get information from a dead Priest (assuming we seance the Priest) if the Mentalist had contacted them and they claimed that role.
Saving the seance for a couple days to build up info is a good idea.
Checking Grund right now would only allow him to tell us Who He Was (which the Priest can find out if they wish) and What He Discovered (in the event he was the Seer or Sorcerer and got his answer before being killed in the night)
Random Possiblity: Grund was the Medium and a successful Seance Vote will show the Medium is dead.
True, I just think it more important to contact a dead Seer than a dead Priest particularly in light of the fact that we are unlikely to know when/if the Priest dies.
Remus West wrote: As for the Seer, I have said it before and I will say it again, vision the people you expect to be around a while. I hope you did not waste a vision on Grund as he was likely killed or lynched in the first few rounds and thus becomes a wasted vision. Check people you expect to survive so that you can build a block of knowns.
Feel free to vision me, but it is DIRECTLY CONTRARY to the above quote. : lol :
True, I expect either the wolves or village will kill you in the next couple of rounds. If you live that long then I would vision you.
Remus West wrote: Masons, I really think only having two of you your power is mostly in vouching for each other to keep us from lynching an innocent, should one of your heads be close to the block speak up. Do not allow us to hang a mason without a fight.
Random Possiblity: Grund was one of the Masons.
If you are the surviving partner, outing yourself now only makes you a target. The hunter can only protect you every other night and it would take Proof to draw that protection.
It has happened before but that would suck and make the Priest responsible for vouching for the second Mason as he will know what the wolf kill was.
Remus West wrote: Mentalist, you are sort of an expanding Masonic block. Your power should enable you to have others vouch for you should we get close to lynching you but also allows you to build a list of knowledge from folks. The combination of you and the Seer should prove crucial to our efforts.
My suggestion? The Mentalist should have the person they contacted the night before named in their post each day. NOT to out themselves, but to build a Trail in the event the Mentalist is killed (and we are told by the Priest/Seance)
And they should do this how? Vote for the person they talked to everyday? Mention their name randomly? Seems like that would become an obvious tell if they had accidentally contacted a wolf and I think they are to important to risk that way. The Mentalist will have a string of people who know who he is regardless.
Remus West wrote: Priest, you will obviously have some key information. Sadly you will get it a night after the wolves but I think you should check their kills every night rather than the lynchees. We do not want the wolves to be able to act on any knowledge the village is not privy to. By having the Priest check the role of the wolf kills we can keep this from happening.
Don't forget the Priest has a choice to make each day as we are also "killing" one player per day. But I agree that knowing what the wolves do is important.
Given that lynched players can tell us their role if we need to know it I think it much more important for the Priest to deny the wolves the advantage of extra information.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Chaosraven wrote:There is almost ALWAYS (with 3) a Vocal, an Opponent, and a Quiet.
What about when there are four?

And the quiet lynching is hit or miss. Usul was a quiet Frenchman in Remus' game but there were no quiet killers in your last game.

What hanging the quiet ones does do is to cut loose dead weight while hoping for a hit from the hit or miss possiblity table. If you don't slaughter them at the beginning then you have to figure what to do about them in the end game. The wolves (generally) are not going to kill the quiet ones because it give them a better place to hide in. (though they did kill ArmyOfOne in Remus' game).

I'm not convinced hanging the quiet ones is the best play but I haven't heard or thought of better alternatives. I am convinced that if you are going to do it that sooner is better than later.
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

LordMortis wrote:
Zurai wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
I'm just not sure what we'll learn from the seanced. I'm trying to understand what the right circumstances for seancing are.

My thoughts on the early seance are that 1) we learn what, if any, role that first turn deceased 2) we get to know exactly who the medium is, who can then be protected on and off by the hunter which allows 3) the seer to not waste vision on them while he is looking for wolves and 4) the mentalist to not waste a private night contact with him.

I am not saying I am right. I am saying this is what I see as advantages for seancing now. I am trying to understand the pieces put together to see the advantage of seancing later.
What are you, a wolf? This is your first warning, LM. Get your act together or face my vote!

The seance is VITAL to extract info post-mortem from priests/seers if the dogs get them. So if we're about to string up one of those, they go "Oh all right, kill me then. I'm the priest/seer. Here's my brain dump..."

After they're strung up, brain dump will be revealed as true (if they're not a wolf - I assume here that we're not braindead and will not fake a priest braindump) or false (they're a wolf).

Should a seer get eaten, the priest will know this (assuming he's following the trail of dog food and not lynchings) and can tell us to seance the seer.

Should the priest get eaten... well, let's hope he isn't.
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

Remus West wrote:And they should do this how? Vote for the person they talked to everyday? Mention their name randomly? Seems like that would become an obvious tell if they had accidentally contacted a wolf and I think they are to important to risk that way. The Mentalist will have a string of people who know who he is regardless.
I think he means that the mentalist tells the name of the previously contacted person in the PM's.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

SirReal wrote:
Remus West wrote:And they should do this how? Vote for the person they talked to everyday? Mention their name randomly? Seems like that would become an obvious tell if they had accidentally contacted a wolf and I think they are to important to risk that way. The Mentalist will have a string of people who know who he is regardless.
I think he means that the mentalist tells the name of the previously contacted person in the PM's.
Again, a bad idea IMO. There is no way for the Mentalist to trust those he contacts. He is at risk every time he contacts someone but to be at all useful must contact someone every night. He will eventually contact a wolf and telling them the list of people he has contacted just puts all of them on the short list to be eaten as well.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

so sounding like the sorceror is just a natural talent for LM...hmmm..

anywho, will post some musings later. ( i assume this will be a long wtf is going on?!? kinda day)

killin grund day 1, my own impression is that the wolves didnt like him as a wildcard. my own opinion is that analytical players make good lynch targets. so to kill him off so quickly implies the desire to limit discussion as opposed to sow confusion.
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

Remus West wrote:
SirReal wrote:
Again, a bad idea IMO. There is no way for the Mentalist to trust those he contacts. He is at risk every time he contacts someone but to be at all useful must contact someone every night. He will eventually contact a wolf and telling them the list of people he has contacted just puts all of them on the short list to be eaten as well.
Yeah, well, pretty much everyone is on the list to be eaten already. I'm not sure it's a good idea either, but if we can figure out a way to make the mentalist job's safer, that'd be great.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Remus West wrote:
SirReal wrote:
But keeping that information a secret means that all the information gathered by the Mentalist is gone the moment he contacts a wolf and gets eaten the next night. The only way for this to not be wasted is IF the Mentalist had somehow luckily contacted the Priest before being eaten AND the Medium is still alive AND we haven't used our seance yet. That's a lot of stipulations to get any use out of the Mentalist if he operates that way.

There's got to be a way for the Mentalist to share what he learns. I don't think that giving the names/identities of everyone contacted is the right answer as you're right, it gives a laundry list to the wolves when/if they are contacted but there has to be something.