2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Simple WW Return of the Hunter(ish)-Day 3?

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Arcanis

Re: Simple WW Return of the Hunter(ish)-Day 1

Post by Arcanis »

So Grund claims to be seer and that he is sure he was the target of the hunter/wolf collision. That is one hell of a cluster F for all the specials to hit on night 1.

Yes i will ponder those odds Grund since they have to be pretty out there.

Oh and Theo your point 2 is wrong. The hunter can't protect himself.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:REMUS: Is the target of an wolf attack informed that were attacked and protected?
No, the target is not informed.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Forgot to mention that Grund's claim that Scoop is a wolf.

This could pan out to be interesting depending on who is playing us for fools.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Only one real problem with this post. How do you know that you were the target? Did you scan me and found I am the wolf hence you vote for me? :ninja:

REMUS: Is the target of an wolf attack informed that were attacked and protected?
The target is not informed. But think about it. How else did the Hunter happen to choose the target of the Werewolves?
They could all have chosen me.
Had you been human, I suppose you might also have been a convergence point.

In any event, I invite everyone to think about the odds.
This is fun. :P

Grund, I'm starting to believe you are a stinkin rotten dirty werewolf.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Arcanis wrote:Forgot to mention that Grund's claim that Scoop is a wolf.

Ahh, but what has Grund REALLY claimed?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Scoop20906 wrote:

Technically only that you weren't human, but i do believe that the seer, hunter, and villagers are all classified as human. So it would be more accurate to say that he insinuated that you were a wolf.

Another little nuance that i'm sure the others will notice is that Grund hasn't claimed to have scanned Scoop, which makes me wonder why he didn't just come out and say "I'm seer scanned scoop, he chases cats at night, lets kill him!". But strange are the ways of Grund, i think he just likes to grand stand.

Grund i would also like to know what makes you so sure that you were the target and not one of the other players? It could have just as easily been any but 3 players (2 wolves and 1 hunter) that were the target of the cluster.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Arcanis wrote:Ok. I can't keep up the Tru1cy style of ignoring the thread, especially when work is slow and i'm bored.

Scoops reaction has me a bit put off. I don't know whether to see it as an admission of guilt or a mistake by a villager who just realized he hurt his team. Since it is more likely to be a result of being a wolf than my condemnation of Kenetickid for painful typing.
So until i get anything more to go on:
 Scoop 

I hope this wasn't a villager screwing up.
LOL. I wasn't a mistake. Grund was clarified what I had already said but of course he waved his hand differently then I did when he said it.

Ok, I will out myself for the sake of everyone. I am the wolf. My partner is Grund. We are starting a fake fight amongst ourselves so that everyone will take sides. Once I'm dead grund is vindicated as an obvious villager who manage to get a wolf with no information since however he said he knew something earlier will be quickly changed to a Sargent Shultz, "I KNOW NOTHING. I KNOW NOTHING". Kudos to Grund!!

Ahh, so now everyone has to ask, "Could scoop really be telling the truth? Is he really the wolf? Or is he just a villager?" :shock: :shock:
*wakes up, for the second time, friggin hangovers*

*reads this...*

*spits out imaginary coffee.

I understand the concept of sarcasm, but even if you are in this situation, how well can this end?

Also, Grund is poking and prodding along old grund lines.

REMUS:Do the WW's get a private forum this game or the ability to pm during the day/night?
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Arcanis wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

Technically only that you weren't human, but i do believe that the seer, hunter, and villagers are all classified as human. So it would be more accurate to say that he insinuated that you were a wolf.

Another little nuance that i'm sure the others will notice is that Grund hasn't claimed to have scanned Scoop, which makes me wonder why he didn't just come out and say "I'm seer scanned scoop, he chases cats at night, lets kill him!". But strange are the ways of Grund, i think he just likes to grand stand.

Grund i would also like to know what makes you so sure that you were the target and not one of the other players? It could have just as easily been any but 3 players (2 wolves and 1 hunter) that were the target of the cluster.
That would be a colossally bad idea with 2 wolves. Unless you can figure out a way to draw out the second wolf or very much expect to die that night, the seer shouldn't out himself unless he is bad and has self-outted due to trying to vaguely hint.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Keep note of the silences people.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Well, Kenetickid is probably going to come back with RL issues, just like the last game.

Miltonite is new.

Isgrimnur usually posts more at night, just like you, Semaj, tend to post more in the late afternoon.

I think that covers the silences.

With Grund "hinting at Seer" and Scoop's reaction to such without an outright declaration before any of us had any idea about Grund, I'm now leaning more towards Scoop is evil.

So...

Scoop20906 

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Well, well, well. Since Grund is the Seer, he'll be eaten tonight, if indeed he was protected. Still, why wouldn't the wolves and hunter target someone else? It's not like Grund is always the night 1 wolf target, at least not in the last few games.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

withdraw Semaj 

But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

theohall wrote:Well, Kenetickid is probably going to come back with RL issues, just like the last game.

Miltonite is new.

Isgrimnur usually posts more at night, just like you, Semaj, tend to post more in the late afternoon.

With Grund "hinting at Seer" and Scoop's reaction to such without an outright declaration before any of us had any idea about Grund, I'm now leaning more towards Scoop is evil.

So...

Scoop20906 

Really? A 180 that easily?
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Semaj wrote:
Arcanis wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

That would be a colossally bad idea with 2 wolves. Unless you can figure out a way to draw out the second wolf or very much expect to die that night, the seer shouldn't out himself unless he is bad and has self-outted due to trying to vaguely hint.
Go back about a page and you will see Grund explicitly claim seer. I agree it is a bad idea for the seer to step out before being put in real danger of lynching, though Grund seems certain he was the target of both attack and protection last night, and that would leave him vulnerable tonight if true. I also have a hard time seeing this as Grund tossing Scoop under the bus, as Scoop sarcastically said earlier. It just seems too early in the game for either scenario, Seer self outing and Wolves going greyhound.

As a side note to add to what Theo said, Miltonite normally is on at night rather than during the day due to his work schedule. But I'll remind him the game is afoot when i see him a judo tonight.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:
theohall wrote:Well, Kenetickid is probably going to come back with RL issues, just like the last game.

Miltonite is new.

So...

Scoop20906 

Really? A 180 that easily?
Yeah... Scoop's posts before you claimed Seer are indicative of someone knowing something they should not and reacting in accordance with that knowledge. Besides, if you steer us wrong, everyone knows who the next lynch will be. ;)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

theohall wrote:Yeah... Scoop's posts before you claimed Seer are indicative of someone knowing something they should not and reacting in accordance with that knowledge. Besides, if you steer us wrong, everyone knows who the next lynch will be. ;)
But you just got through saying that Scoop seems innocent to you at this point. Nothing I've said should've altered that, since your assessment already took into account anything that looked weird to you in Scoop's behavior.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

wow, grund really said he's the seer and has a wolf?

I assumed he was just implying for most of it... Then he got wordy and I glossed. HTW did I miss that?

So this gives us 3 options

1) Grund is a wolf trying to out the seer
2) Grund is telling ye old truth.
3) Grund is Grundstanding as a simple villager.

scoop 

All but the last one nets us a Wolf.

Sidenote, if it's 3, I am totally punching you in the junk, then kicking you while you are down.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lagom Lite wrote:Well, well, well. Since Grund is the Seer, he'll be eaten tonight, if indeed he was protected.
You see? I'm just that fearsome. The hunter values me. The wolves fear me. Even random.org honors me!
Still, why wouldn't the wolves and hunter target someone else? It's not like Grund is always the night 1 wolf target, at least not in the last few games.
The question answers itself!

Now-- who is willing to follow my lead on this, the last day of my life?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Remus West wrote:Votes:

1. Semaj - Isgrimnur
2. Isgrimnur -
3. Mr Bubbles -
4. Scoop - Theohall
5. Kenetickid - Isgrimnur
6. Theohall -
7. Arcanis - Kenetickid
8. Miltonite -
9. Lagom Lite -
10. Grundbegriff - Scoop

Totals:
Isgrimnur - 2
Scoop - 1
Kenetickid - 1
Theohall - 1
My completely unofficial count since then:

Mr Bubbles - Scoop
theohall - Grundbegriff
Lagom Lite - Semaj
Arcanis - Scoop
theohall - Scoop
Lagom Lite - withdraw Semaj
Semaj - Scoop

1. Semaj - Isgrimnur, Scoop
2. Isgrimnur -
3. Mr Bubbles - Scoop
4. Scoop - Theohall
6. Theohall - Grundbegriff, Scoop
7. Arcanis - Kenetickid, Scoop
8. Miltonite -
9. Lagom Lite - Semaj
10. Grundbegriff - Scoop

Totals:
Scoop - 5
Theohall - 1
Isgrimnur - 1

Scoop appears (by my possibly faulty math) to be at n-1.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:
theohall wrote:Yeah... Scoop's posts before you claimed Seer are indicative of someone knowing something they should not and reacting in accordance with that knowledge. Besides, if you steer us wrong, everyone knows who the next lynch will be. ;)
But you just got through saying that Scoop seems innocent to you at this point. Nothing I've said should've altered that, since your assessment already took into account anything that looked weird to you in Scoop's behavior.
me wrote:Scoop now seems to be trying to get himself lynched - which is either desperation, standard scoop-esque stuff, or I don't know what.
I did not understand, prior to the Seer claim, why Scoop would be acting desperate which tempered the view. With the knowledge now he knew something which only he could know, it makes him look desperate - which is what evil Scoop does. It's really not that complicated. Why are you trying to talk me out of the switch?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Semaj wrote:REMUS:Do the WW's get a private forum this game or the ability to pm during the day/night?
There is no forum for them but there are also no restrictions on their communication during the day/night.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I think Scoop's being a bit squirrely and is, at best, a distraction. At worst, he's a WW. I'd like to hear from him. Lucky I did the count, as my initial post was to vote him up, which would have pushed him over. Well, Scoopers, what do you have to say?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

That was just a probe to see who would be willing to vote against Scoop. The wolf I have is  Arcanis 

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You're just trying to ruin all my math work. :P
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

• Grundbegriff acc Scoop20906(1)
  • Scoop20906 acc theohall(1)
  • Isgrimnur acc Mr Bubbles(1)
  • Isgrimnur wd Mr Bubbles(0)
  • Semaj acc Isgrimnur(1)
  • Kenetickid acc Isgrimnur(2)
  • Arcanis acc Kenetickid(1)
  • Mr Bubbles acc Scoop20906(2)
  • theohall acc Grundbegriff(1)
  • Lagom Lite acc Semaj(1)
  • Arcanis acc Scoop20906(3)
  • theohall acc Scoop20906(4)
  • Semaj wd Isgrimnur(1)
  • Semaj acc Scoop20906(5)
  • Grundbegriff wd Scoop20906(4)
  • Grundbegriff acc Arcanis(1)

Against Scoop20906(4): Mr Bubbles, Arcanis, theohall, Semaj
Against theohall(1): Scoop20906
Against Isgrimnur(1): Kenetickid
Against Kenetickid(1): Arcanis
Against Semaj(1): Lagom Lite
Against Arcanis(1): Grundbegriff
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Votes:

1. Semaj - Scoop
2. Isgrimnur -
3. Mr Bubbles - Scoop
4. Scoop - Theohall
6. Theohall - Scoop
7. Arcanis - Scoop
8. Miltonite -
9. Lagom Lite -
10. Grundbegriff - Arcanis

Totals:
Isgrimnur - 1
Scoop - 4
Theohall - 1
Arcanis - 1

There are 10 of you. Majority is 6.
Voting will close when a player reaches the 6th vote and that player will be lynched.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Isgrimnur wrote:You're just trying to ruin all my math work. :P
Sorry about that!
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:That was just a probe to see who would be willing to vote against Scoop. The wolf I have is  Arcanis 

Are you trying to be an evil Seer? :)
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

I knew the perfect storm scenario you were pushing couldn't be right. I think you are a wolf  Growlbegriff 

I will give you credit that this is an interesting ploy to draw out the hunter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Arcanis wrote:I knew the perfect storm scenario you were pushing couldn't be right. I think you are a wolf  Growlbegriff 

I will give you credit that this is an interesting ploy to draw out the hunter.
What does anything I've said have to do with drawing out the Hunter? I'm hoping he'll stay hidden and protect me again on the day after tomorrow if your partner is too timid or weak-minded to kill me tonight.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Well I know i'm not a wolf and your claim as seer has to be false, thus you are likely a wolf. You claiming to know you were the target of a perfect storm during the night is impossible as a wolf. You were trying to get hunter to come out and say that they didn't protect you so you could have no more disruptions in your meals.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Arcanis wrote:You claiming to know you were the target of a perfect storm during the night is impossible as a wolf.
What? Really-- what?
You were trying to get hunter to come out and say that they didn't protect you so you could have no more disruptions in your meals.
I'm counting on the Hunter to be much more clever than that.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Grundbegriff wrote:
theohall wrote:Scoop claims Grund knows something, but he hasn't really said anything other than accusing Scoop and giving Arcanis a hard time.
As to Grund's jumping all over the "not protect again" thing, odds are the Wolves will attack the same target tonight if we don't accidentally lynch that target, and the Hunter won't get the chance to protect that target again. IMO, this is what Scoop meant, not what Grund jumped upon in an effort to supposedly catch someone.
First, it's obvious that the reason nobody died last night is that the Wolves and the Hunter had the same great idea: to protect me.

Second, the mind-bogglingly unlikely fact of the matter is that I'm the Seer, so they not only collided over me, but did so under the most auspicious circumstances imaginable.

My theory is that those who matter will understand this: the only question is whether the wolves will, in fact, do the sensible thing and slay me while I'm a bird in the hand.
Where did i ever get the idea that you claimed to be target of a perfect storm?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Arcanis wrote:Where did i ever get the idea that you claimed to be target of a perfect storm?
No-- I'm boggling over the "impossible for a wolf" part: "claiming to know you were the target of a perfect storm during the night is impossible as a wolf."
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Arcanis wrote:Where did i ever get the idea that you claimed to be target of a perfect storm?
No-- I'm boggling over the "impossible for a wolf" part: "claiming to know you were the target of a perfect storm during the night is impossible as a wolf."
Well considering that the wolves can't attack each other then there is no perfect storm scenario. You should know this, or is the fact that you missed a meal last night keeping you from thinking clearly?
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Grundbegriff wrote:That was just a probe to see who would be willing to vote against Scoop. The wolf I have is  Arcanis 

Yeah, that was my guess for a wolf due to this...
Arcanis wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

I at first thought he might be the seer and knew you were faking and was more or less announcing it to ye old world for when you are wrong. Then I decided he could be a wolf trying to cause doubt.

So did you just see him jump on Scoop and then try to get the pile going to see where it lead?

Thats dirty dirty pool and I approve, lol.

withdraw scoop 

miltonite

Post by miltonite »

I know there is a game going on but the kids that are not with their parents during the day and are with me instead are not aware. If they all stay home then I get to sit in front of my computer all day like all of you. Because that is not a possibility I get off at 4 come home read 5 pages of mindless banter then reply.

Since  Scoop 

was nice enough to accept my proposition just straight up say he was a WW I will have to throw my vote that way. With nothing else to go on I am going to go with his word on that.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

miltonite wrote:I know there is a game going on but the kids that are not with their parents during the day and are with me instead are not aware. If they all stay home then I get to sit in front of my computer all day like all of you. Because that is not a possibility I get off at 4 come home read 5 pages of mindless banter then reply.

Since  Scoop 

was nice enough to accept my proposition just straight up say he was a WW I will have to throw my vote that way. With nothing else to go on I am going to go with his word on that.
You dont believe in actually reading posts either, do you?