THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

OOWL Game 1 OVER

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Grundbegriff

Re: OOWL Game 1 Day 1 begun

Post by Grundbegriff »

So theohall and Newcastle, then?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I would vote for either one, yes.
Hodor.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Theohall 

Is our huckleberry. :)

Or at least I hope he is.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Just a quick synopsis - World according to bb.

The Good?
Pr0ner - Seems to be playing like he normally does. No particular red flag.
Q - Been quiet, but when he does post, posts some decent stuff. No particular red flag.

The Bad?
Theohall - Not sure. I guess he bears watching.
RMC & Isgrimnur no real feel at the moment. However, I hate taking silents into the final rounds so I hope Isgrimnur is planning to step up at some point, or he just may be a default lynch candidate.

The Ugly?
Newcastle - The only one with out a vote and the deadline is about 24 hours away. Wolf trying to lay low???? It is not like he has another game to keep him occupied.
Grund - Posts some weird interaction with Trig, then seranades me with a bad 80's song. Both of which he should hang for.
Trig - See Grund. Then there is the strange reaction to my poking, then silence.

I can definitely vote for any on the Ugly list, but if we get up against the time constraint, I can jump aboard someone on the bad list. I would like to get someone to N-1 before the end of the day so if there are any last minute reveals (this group has a wicked habit of outing their seers on day one), then we can switch without having a panic vote.

Just my 2 pennies.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Relooking at the thread. Was going to put my vote on Newcastle and then saw that he had his vote on several people, then withdrew it, and then claimed sick. Not saying it clears him by any means, but it does make me think a little less wolfy. I will have to think about this a little more. Not sure if I'm ready to bring him out of Ugly into Bad yet.

I would like to hear from any of the Uglys on the list though. And from Isgrimnur. It is always nice when silents pop in and give a some words of wisdom.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
theohall

Post by theohall »

bb2112 wrote:Relooking at the thread. Was going to put my vote on Newcastle and then saw that he had his vote on several people, then withdrew it, and then claimed sick. Not saying it clears him by any means, but it does make me think a little less wolfy. I will have to think about this a little more. Not sure if I'm ready to bring him out of Ugly into Bad yet.

I would like to hear from any of the Uglys on the list though. And from Isgrimnur. It is always nice when silents pop in and give a some words of wisdom.
You mean like pr0ner who only seems to respond when poked? But that makes me the evil one. :roll:
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

bb2112, what "good stuff" is Qantaga posting when he posts? Curious to see what you're seeing, because I think I'm missing something here.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

bb2112 wrote:Just a quick synopsis - World according to bb.

Trig - See Grund. Then there is the strange reaction to my poking, then silence.
I thought this was interesting to, and since you seem to be around today, I'd like to ask you a few things, bb.

First off, let's talk about the part of your post I just quoted. You gave me the Remus/Unagivision double accuse two days ago. Since your first accuse, you've posted 5 times coming before this post of yours.

I have posted 15.

Could you clarify for me then about what you mean precisely by "then silence"?

Secondly, I've asked you a couple of times to sort of explain to us how you came to post an accusation of theohall...and then a post saying that you were going to read the thread (which was all of a page and 2/3rds at that point) and post an accusation later, as if you hadn't just posted one ten minutes before. I'm still quite interested in hearing how this came to happen.

Thanks for your help with this stuff!
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

triggercut wrote:bb2112, what "good stuff" is Qantaga posting when he posts? Curious to see what you're seeing, because I think I'm missing something here.
ok, I will play along. If you are asking me specifically about Q, then I would have to go with:

I guess the one that really caught my eye that I liked was - by Qantaga » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 am on page 3

I also liked the one - by Qantaga » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:09 pm on page 2

I wish I knew how to post a link so you could go right to it. Sorry. If you think I'm off base on Q, then I would like to hear why.

But I was more wanting to know your thoughts than for you to grill me on mine. I have 3 guys on the Ugly list and I would like to hear more from them, since I can count and there are only 2 wolves. So I'm poking you, Newcastle and Grund to try and get a better picture.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

triggercut wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Just a quick synopsis - World according to bb.

I thought this was interesting to, and since you seem to be around today, I'd like to ask you a few things, bb.

First off, let's talk about the part of your post I just quoted. You gave me the Remus/Unagivision double accuse two days ago. Since your first accuse, you've posted 5 times coming before this post of yours.

I have posted 15.

Could you clarify for me then about what you mean precisely by "then silence"?

Secondly, I've asked you a couple of times to sort of explain to us how you came to post an accusation of theohall...and then a post saying that you were going to read the thread (which was all of a page and 2/3rds at that point) and post an accusation later, as if you hadn't just posted one ten minutes before. I'm still quite interested in hearing how this came to happen.

Thanks for your help with this stuff!

Asked and already answered. More than once. Since you say I only have 5 posts, you should be able to pick it up easily. Since we are down to 24 hours, do you have any other suspects or are you just spinning your wheels on this tom-foolery?
stessier

Post by stessier »

bb2112 wrote:I wish I knew how to post a link so you could go right to it.
:binky: In a post, by the author's name, there is a little icon that looks like a sheet of paper (to me anyway). Right click and Copy Link Address. Then use the url tag to post it. Like this example:

Random post example

:binky:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

theohall wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Relooking at the thread. Was going to put my vote on Newcastle and then saw that he had his vote on several people, then withdrew it, and then claimed sick. Not saying it clears him by any means, but it does make me think a little less wolfy. I will have to think about this a little more. Not sure if I'm ready to bring him out of Ugly into Bad yet.

You mean like pr0ner who only seems to respond when poked? But that makes me the evil one. :roll:
And since I am on line for a few minutes during lunch, does this strike anyone else as being odd?

Theo, I said I didn't have a read on you as necessarily evil, and put you in the middle of the road column. Then I said you bear watching, but seriously it is day 1, who doesn't. Even though I'm leaning towards the thought process that Q and Pr0ner may be good, that doesn't mean I'm dismissing them from possibly being wolves. There aren't any provables in this game.

Why are you so upset?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:
:binky: In a post, by the author's name, there is a little icon that looks like a sheet of paper (to me anyway). Right click and Copy Link Address. Then use the url tag to post it. Like this example:

Random post example

When I right click it doesn't give the option to Copy Link Address. Is there a step I'm missing?
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

So....this was your explanation of how you came to post an accusation and then forgot you did that in a span of about 10 minutes?
bb2112 wrote:
ha ha, that's funny. No I accused Theo, then I posted I better read the thread. All the while trying to get dinner for the kids. I'm still reading, but something did jump out at me. I will post in a few minutes.
Again, bb, if you're around, I'd like some clarification on how I went "silent" after your accusation of me.

As far as my own thinking past this goes, since you've asked, I will admit to being a bit troubled by the speed with which two more votes jumped onto my vote of Newcastle, although given the reason--an incongruous post that more than a few of us noticed--perhaps my unease there is unwarranted. Oddly, I find his explanation to be somewhat believable.

In fact--being totally honest here--his explanation of his incongruity reads more to me as "villager who goofed" than your explanations of what really should be two minor oddities that you've posted. Just my own feelers here. You make them twitch.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

bb2112 wrote:
stessier wrote:

Random post example

When I right click it doesn't give the option to Copy Link Address. Is there a step I'm missing?

You could left-click on the pages icon (alt text pops up as "Post"), then copy the URL from your browser's address bar and accomplish the same thing.

"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

triggercut wrote:So....this was your explanation of how you came to post an accusation and then forgot you did that in a span of about 10 minutes?
bb2112 wrote:
ha ha, that's funny. No I accused Theo, then I posted I better read the thread. All the while trying to get dinner for the kids. I'm still reading, but something did jump out at me. I will post in a few minutes.

That was one. I explained it again. Your asking me to expain it for a third time means either you are not paying attention, or don't want to.

triggercut wrote: Again, bb, if you're around, I'd like some clarification on how I went "silent" after your accusation of me.
Since I pulled my vote off of you yesterday at 8:33 in the morning for returning to your bulldog ways, you have had exactly 1 post - by triggercut » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:52 pm and it stated:
triggercut wrote:Deadline is starting to loom.
Your next post came at 11:41AM today. So one post from you in over 24 hours and you don't state anything deep or profound in it. Or anything to poke anyone. Does that sound like I might have a point? Maybe you were busy. I don't know. But it is worth pointing out. It would not be as noteworthy from Pr0ner or Issy who tend to stay silent. However, it is another oddity from you. They seem to be stacking up this game.

Ok, you are concerned about how quickly people jumped on Newcastle. That doesn't seem odd to me. I got killed last game because I used the wrong verb tense in a sentence. (grumble grumble stupid villagers) People make mistakes, but in these games players also use those mistakes to out bad guys. Since Newcastle isn't swinging yet, did you learn anything?

Any other thoughts on guilt and innocence?

Also Grund and Newcastle, do you guys have anything to say?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I haven't seen anything to make me change my mind from my accusation of Newcastle.

We have no true data to go on yet, so we're all just making educated guesses. Newcastle's mis-representation of trig's post and his bouncing of votes is the most compelling "evidence" to me today.

I will say that his response to trig (after his mis-representation was pointed out) sounded more contrite than wolf-ish, but not enough so to move my vote (yet).

Of course, I know the deadline is approaching and I will change, if necessary, to reach a consensus. Any two of the eight of you could easily be lycans.

I would shift to Isgrimnur, since it looks like we may not get much data from him (I was hoping otherwise this game).

I could shift to theo or pr0ner, but I'm not necessarily gettting an evil vibe from either, in the midst of their sniping at each other.

RMC is a mystery, but I'm seeing him as good for now.

I think trig, Grund, and bb2112 will continue to generate discussion and data (and I don't currently any glaring evidence of evil in any of them), so I would prefer not to vote on any of those three today.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I was hoping to provide more data to this game, honestly, but the ebb and flow of this game hasn't left me with any insights. I've been offed so many times for trying to take an active lead that it's scarred me into a mostly silent default role.

So let's just put newcastle at n-1 and see what shakes out.

newcastle 

If he comes up innocent, my votes will stick to one of the other four voters tomorrow.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

triggercut wrote:As far as my own thinking past this goes, since you've asked, I will admit to being a bit troubled by the speed with which two more votes jumped onto my vote of Newcastle, although given the reason--an incongruous post that more than a few of us noticed--perhaps my unease there is unwarranted. Oddly, I find his explanation to be somewhat believable.

While you are welcome to read whatever you wish into that sequence of events, if you'll look at the time stamps, you'll see that I wasn't "jumping" on your vote. We made a virtual simul-post. I didn't even see your post until I hit Submit on mine (OO doesn't warn of new posts made while typing, like GT does).
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Now I really want to hear from Newcastle. Since he is on my short list I can switch my vote to him very easily.

Also, I have my first fantasy draft tonight. So will be leaving about 4:30 or so and wont be back online until tomorrow.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

bb2112 wrote:
Since I pulled my vote off of you yesterday at 8:33 in the morning for returning to your bulldog ways, you have had exactly 1 post - by triggercut » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:52 pm and it stated:
triggercut wrote:Deadline is starting to loom.
Your next post came at 11:41AM today. So one post from you in over 24 hours and you don't state anything deep or profound in it. Or anything to poke anyone. Does that sound like I might have a point? Maybe you were busy. I don't know. But it is worth pointing out. It would not be as noteworthy from Pr0ner or Issy who tend to stay silent. However, it is another oddity from you. They seem to be stacking up this game.

Ok, you are concerned about how quickly people jumped on Newcastle. That doesn't seem odd to me. I got killed last game because I used the wrong verb tense in a sentence. (grumble grumble stupid villagers) People make mistakes, but in these games players also use those mistakes to out bad guys. Since Newcastle isn't swinging yet, did you learn anything?

Any other thoughts on guilt and innocence?

Also Grund and Newcastle, do you guys have anything to say?
You had exactly the same number of posts I had on Tuesday, dude, and your early morning post was something of a response to things that went down late Monday night. You've dumped a big can of paint over your own head and are now telling others they have paint on them.

What were you hoping for from me for having removed what was already a pretty poorly-reasoned vote in the first place? Cyber? A party? I'm not going to validate the correction of a bad play with congratulations, dude.

Frankly, I was rather disappointed by yesterday. I ended Monday night pretty firm with this post which concludes with this statement:

"Absent extraordinary information, that's where my vote stays." In other words, at that point my decision on a Day 1 vote is made, subject only to change by someone saying or doing something remarkable. After that we got a dangerous succession of 2 Newc votes, a Newc explanation, your vote...and Grund's response.

That's what I woke up to on Tuesday (and fwiw, I don't believe in an ezmate, sorry.) Newcastle's explanation rings true (truer than your explanation of your page 2 shenanigans, in fact, bb, but his explanation still holds my vote at this point). You and Grund tickled one another...and then until late night all we really got was some slap and tickle with pr0ner and theo. I had hoped to see other reaction's to what Newcastle posted. I had hoped to see if the two quick votes on Newcastle after mine caused anyone else to be suspicious, or whether I was reading too much into that. I even tried to prod it along by pointing out that the deadline was approaching. No go. So here we are. I still feel that Newcastle is a good person to test at this point, but you're climbing up the matrix with a bullet.

Secondly, I found your second "explanation", that your initial vote on theohall was mere asshattery. That just doesn't ring true with your second post at all, I'm afraid, and I think right now you're blindly fetching about for some purchase that doesn't make you look any more guilty than you already do.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote:Now I really want to hear from Newcastle. Since he is on my short list I can switch my vote to him very easily.

Also, I have my first fantasy draft tonight. So will be leaving about 4:30 or so and wont be back online until tomorrow.

what do you want me to say...oh noes? For some reason i am kind of disinterestedin this game...i really cant explain it...i usually am pretty geeked up about them....but for some reason i cant get my mojo workin on this one....maybe if i survive that will rise...who knows....but i've had no desire to go through the whoppping 4 pages to scratch out some suspicion....call me the lazy villager.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

oh if push came to shove...i'd still want to take a deeper look at Q..based on his "matrix" that he posted early on...from my glance through that....it seemed he was saying pretty much eveyone could be good & evil. A very middle of the road approach..now it might be that precisely, but thats the feeling i got from his post.
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

triggercut wrote:Secondly, I found your second "explanation", that your initial vote on theohall was mere asshattery. That just doesn't ring true with your second post at all, I'm afraid, and I think right now you're blindly fetching about for some purchase that doesn't make you look any more guilty than you already do.
Trig, I'm not blindly "fetching" anything. I don't think I have any votes on me so there is no real reason for me to be lashing out to try and save myself. Which is interesting because your post makes it sound like I'm desperate. I'm not. I'm truly trying to do some investigation. You are the one sounding desperate my friend.

I didn't like your interplay with Grund. I didn't like your asking me 15 times about something I've already explained. Either you buy it or you don't. Don't care. Nothing sinister on my end about it. I love the reaction it got from you actually, so I'm thinking of using it again in the future. Your over reactions to simple pokes has me thinking you are either evil, or a frustrated villager. But really I can't get over the fact that you keep asking for explanations from me then don't read the answers. You had to go back and investigate it after I said I wasn't going to keep posting the same crap over and over. It is almost like you don't care how I will respond, just that you want me dead.

I, on the other hand, do care how you respond. As much as I would like to tip Newcastle over the edge, for his I can't get into the game comment, I would rather win by catching wolves. I've flipped back and forth on you several times, but after that last post, I think you have finally convinced me. You are playing for team evil.

Triggercut 

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Oh, and before you last out at me for double voting, my last vote was on Grund. No double voting this time. :wink:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote:Oh, and before you last out at me for double voting, my last vote was on Grund. No double voting this time. :wink:
Doh, meant to write "lash out at me" not last.
theohall

Post by theohall »

bb2112 wrote:Why are you so upset?

I'm not upset at all. Just find it funny that all but one of pr0ner's posts are essentially related to him being accused of being silent. It looks odd.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, now that is 2 for Trig. 20.5 hours to deadline. Can we find 3 more votes? Or are we going to end up voting Newcastle off the island becuase you guys feel so strongly about Newcastle's guilt?

Thoughts?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

triggercut wrote:bb2112, what "good stuff" is Qantaga posting when he posts? Curious to see what you're seeing, because I think I'm missing something here.
I think he means that Qantaga is nearly the only one who's systematically going down the roster (more than once) and trying to characterize each player.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:When I right click it doesn't give the option to Copy Link Address. Is there a step I'm missing?
What it says in the popup menu depends on your browser. If you're using Internet Explorer, it'll say "Copy Shortcut".
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:Also Grund and Newcastle, do you guys have anything to say?
I've already said quite a bit. If I have anything to add, I'll add it.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

All right. Wish me luck in my draft.

If Newcastle is still at 4 votes when I log in next, I will push him over the edge. That is unless he has something more profound to say other than he is disinterested. :D
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Of course I would prefer Trip or Grund. Just sayin.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Newcastle 

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Vale Newcastle.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Valar morghulis.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

good luck guys...you didnt lose anything w/ my death. Was just a villager HP. I have no real insights any which way.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

They argued for a while. "Blah blah blah. Lynch him" "No, blah blah blah. Lynch him." Then they sat and stared at each other for a while. As the sun began it's slow descent into the bowels of the Earth Grundbegriff called out "Newcastle" and those around realized that was five vote to kill Newcastle. Although it looked as though they were already to late. Newcastle had died of apathy the day before. Since he had not transformed into a wolf it was obvious to all that Newcastle was Human.

1. pr0ner - Newcastle
2. Qantaga - Newcastle
3. Isgrimnur - Newcastle
4. Newcastle -
5. RMC - theohall
6. theohall - pr0ner
7. bb2112 - triggercut
8. Grundbegriff - Newcastle
9. triggercut - Newcastle

Majority is 5.
Votes:

triggercut - 1 - bb2112
theohall - 1 - RMC
pr0ner - 1 - theohall
Newcastle - 5 - triggercut, Qantaga, pr0ner, Isgrimnur, Grundbegriff

It is Night.
Wolves - Who will you kill?
Seer - Who will you scan?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Disappointing.