2017 Fantasy Football

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jeff V

Re: 2017 Fantasy Football

Post by Jeff V »

Our league's scoring is as far from standard as you can get. And I couldn't tell you why.

On average, the weekly high score will be 200 or more while the lowest could be in double digits. An exceptional performance by a player can really skew things (I had high points earlier this season thanks in part to a 36 point effort by my kicker). DST and K performances are the most variable and can range from zero to assload. QBs can put up big numbers, but rarely is the spread great compared with an average performance. They aren't penalized for turnovers, so QBs deemed bad might be serviceable (Cutler always put up decent numbers). Top rated RBs are first off the draft board since there are few bankable ones. I usually wind up with a crap shoot at receiver, rarely do I have a 120+ catch receiver but I try to get the go to guys even on mediocre passing teams. My draft method generally works, aside from seasons where I lost a top draft pick early due to injury, I usually make it to the playoffs. Winning it all had eluded me though. A successful season is one where I turn a profit.
Black Lives Matter
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Congratulations to the Samurai Saints for winning the OO Championship. Enjoyed the season. Merry Christmas to all.
Black Lives Matter*

*Terms and Conditions Apply
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

And with LeVeon Bell yet to play, I already won my game and a spot in the championship. Not bad since I was ready to hoist the white flag after week 6.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Smutly wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:18 pm Congratulations to the Samurai Saints for winning the OO Championship. Enjoyed the season. Merry Christmas to all.
That's actually the Fantasy Football Masters league. The OO Fantasy Football has Bloated Braggarts and myself battling for the championship which I'm likely to lose :(
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Bwa-ha-ha!

I could only pick 3 of Hunt, Gordon, Ingram, and Zeke. Something would have been very wrong for me to lose.

Of course you are far from out of it. Normal to great games from your remaining players would be enough to tie.
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Smutly wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:18 pm Congratulations to the Samurai Saints for winning the OO Championship. Enjoyed the season. Merry Christmas to all.
Thanks Smutly. This season didn't quite go exactly the way I thought it would, but I'll take it! Fantasy Football Masters had a lot of strong performers.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

4th, 5th, and 9th.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Got 3rd place in the big $$ league where I snuck into the playoffs as an 8th seed. Not too shabby.

In the same league, CC was playing for the championship and going into the 2nd half of the Eagles/Oakland game he only needed 0.03 points to win with Foles and a defender. His defender got injured and Foles was, well, Foles, and he ended up losing by ~2.5 points. Ouch.
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

~We are the champions, no time for losers, 'cause we are the champions...of my FF league! ~ :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance:

I really needed only 3 players to win my matchup - Vikings DST (which was 3 points worse than my alternate DST, Tennessee but still awesome), Jameis Winston, and Doug Baldwin. Not having LeVeon Bell play (and worthless production from what were my #3 and 4 RBs on draft day) did''t hurt me as much as my opponent losing several key players to injury avoidance. I put up more than 165 and had the highest point total among all 4 teams playing today, so it was solid victory. I beat my opponent by 50 points.

First time ever winning this league in over 20 years of play. I finished second once, 1 point difference cost me about $300. Wife wants to go away for a weekend soon, this win ought to fund that. :)
Black Lives Matter