"Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Robinsons win!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Re: "Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Game underway: Day 1

Post by Scoop20906 »

Correction to my last post. Remus has cast some votes while Grund has cast not one.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Scoop20906 wrote:I don't why what Grund felt the need to analyze every post of the game thus far. It does seem like he is trying to set the stage for something else later but none of what he wrote makes me think we should vote for him. Obviously, he is poking everyone to get responses. Of course, theohall is going to jump all over it but its his common practice to be baited like this.

Lagom, is a mixed bag these days. He seems to enjoy causing confusion where none is needed and has this semi-permanent baddie persona going which I think he relishes but he is still one of our smarter players so you hate to vote him out on the first days similar to how we treat Grund.

With all the activity it makes the less active more guilty looking. Should one of these two get the vote?

msteelers
Qantaga
Yep, pretty much. Add to the list: Unagi, Chaosraven. The fact that Unagi tries so hard to read something from my behavior is weird. Chaosraven has been very successful in flying under the radar before, it's easy to miss him and he seems to be doing it again.

Newcastle, stessier and Lassr are throwing votes around, somewhat detached. Here's the second wolf.

Remus holds up under pressure - unpowered good guy.

theohall, Grund, me and Scoop are more involved. Grund is weird, but he's always doing this sort of thing. We can kill him later.

If we assume wolves are already on one of the current trains, we get:

Suspects against me: Qantaga, Unagi, msteelers.
Suspects against Remus: Chaosraven.

The smart money is on one of these four imo. Then there's a vocal wolf in the (Newcastle/stessier/Lassr) group.

withdraw Grundbegriff 

But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm intending to vote Lagom. I post the intent so as not to place him at n-1 when he may not be around. Although he just was so I'm hoping he sees this.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

ahhh how cute a suspect list. I dont know if i threw my votes around, but something you said earlier in the thread pricked my ears. I could change my vote, i could not.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote:The fact that Unagi tries so hard to read something from my behavior is weird.
No it's not. Why do you say that?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:The fact that Unagi tries so hard to read something from my behavior is weird.
Actually, Lagom Lite's entire play here is weird. He's throwing suspicion around like it's rice at a wedding. Check out the red part: he jumps on the Remuswagon when it looks like it might be going somewhere, but as soon as it begins to fade and theohall takes a stab at me, Lagom jumps follows suit. But in his explanation, Lagom discounts me as a suspect and casts suspicion hither and yon. It's as if his explanation hand doesn't know what his voting hand is doing.

Votes
  • Remus West acc Newcastle(1)
  • Newcastle acc Remus West(1)
  • stessier acc theohall(1)
  • Qantaga acc Lagom Lite(1)
  • Unagi acc Lagom Lite(2)
  • Scoop20906 acc Remus West(2)
  • Lassr acc stessier(1)
  • Remus West wd Newcastle(0)
  • Remus West acc Chaosraven(1)
  • theohall acc Remus West(3)
  • msteelers acc Lagom Lite(3)
  • Chaosraven acc Remus West(4)
  • Remus West wd Chaosraven(0)
  • Lagom Lite acc Remus West(5)
  • Newcastle wd Remus West(4)
  • Lassr wd stessier(0)
  • Lassr acc Chaosraven(1)
  • stessier wd theohall(0)
  • stessier acc Remus West(5)
  • Newcastle acc Lagom Lite(4)
  • stessier wd Remus West(4)
  • stessier acc Lagom Lite(5)
  • theohall wd Remus West(3)
  • theohall acc Grundbegriff(1)
  • Lagom Lite wd Remus West(2)
  • Lagom Lite acc Grundbegriff(2)
  • Lagom Lite wd Grundbegriff(1)
Against Remus West(2): Scoop20906, Chaosraven
Against Lagom Lite(5): Qantaga, Unagi, msteelers, Newcastle, stessier
Against Chaosraven(1): Lassr
Against Grundbegriff(1): theohall

Votes needed to ground: 7

No vote registered:
Grundbegriff, Lagom Lite, Remus West
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:Grund, you seem to have taken contradictory positions with regards to me. You posted "Remus West blinks" which is generally a phrase used to imply a bad guy made an error.
No, that was a reference to your ongoing trans-game pasodoble with Chaosraven. You accused him. He counter-accused you. You immediately withdrew. "Blinked" referred to the third step in that sequence.

I don't think it had much to do with this game.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Speaking of blinking, what was the deal on bailing out, Newcastle?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lagom Lite wrote:I'm all for grounding Remus due to his spelling errors - we can't afford lack of precision when building this machine thingy.

Remus West 

this vote, as a 5th vote pushing him dangerously close to the edge was why I voted for him. I know we are grasping for straws here...but i think this was a dangerous vote.

CR-as far as my removal of the vote from Remus, he was getting too high up there, and I didn't feel like he should be pushed over so quick.
Bayraktar!!!!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Newcastle (0): Remus West
Remus West (2): Newcastle, Scoop20906, theohall, Chaosraven, Lagom Lite, stessier
theohall (0): stessier
Lagom Lite (5): Qantaga, Unagi, msteelers, Newcastle, stessier
stessier (0): Lassr
Chaosraven (1): Remus West, Lassr
Grundbegriff (1): theohall, Lagom Lite

No active votes: Remus West, Grundbegriff, Lagom Lite

Majority is seven. Please let me know if I've missed anything.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Remus West wrote:I'm intending to vote Lagom. I post the intent so as not to place him at n-1 when he may not be around. Although he just was so I'm hoping he sees this.
Noted.
Newcastle wrote:ahhh how cute a suspect list. I dont know if i threw my votes around, but something you said earlier in the thread pricked my ears. I could change my vote, i could not.
Eh?
Unagi wrote:
Because my early-game posting is almost always erratic. I've stated again and again, on Day 1 I actively try to create trains against myself if unpowered good guy.
Grundbegriff wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Actually, Lagom Lite's entire play here is weird. He's throwing suspicion around like it's rice at a wedding. Check out the red part: he jumps on the Remuswagon when it looks like it might be going somewhere, but as soon as it begins to fade and theohall takes a stab at me, Lagom jumps follows suit. But in his explanation, Lagom discounts me as a suspect and casts suspicion hither and yon. It's as if his explanation hand doesn't know what his voting hand is doing.
So why aren't you voting for me?
Newcastle wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:I'm all for grounding Remus due to his spelling errors - we can't afford lack of precision when building this machine thingy.

Remus West 

this vote, as a 5th vote pushing him dangerously close to the edge was why I voted for him. I know we are grasping for straws here...but i think this was a dangerous vote.

CR-as far as my removal of the vote from Remus, he was getting too high up there, and I didn't feel like he should be pushed over so quick.
How is n-2 a dangerous vote? And how can you be so sure Remus isn't a bad guy?
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi - when you contrived your reason to vote against me, were you actually honest in your analysis or were you trying to train me?

Newcastle wrote:

Remus West 

This looks like a slip.

Newcastle 

Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

All become my pets. :twisted:
Is there anyone in hell?

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Unagi wrote:
So why aren't you voting for me?
Because I've been burned multiple times thinking you were guilty, voting against you, and then finding out that you're just weird and not evil.

Seems more prudent to linger, watch for anomalies, and then strike.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lagom Lite wrote:Unagi - when you contrived your reason to vote against me, were you actually honest in your analysis or were you trying to train me?
That's "trying to railroad me". Unless you're a puppy.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lagom Lite 

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Also, unless someone changed their vote that I missed, that puts Lagom at n-1.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lagom is acting the most suspicious to me after reading the last few pages. Of course I've said that before and he turned out to be nothing but a villager. When he's evil he seems to play smoother than this. Of course it may be better to be safe than sorry and test him now.

Grund is WAY more active on this day one than the past few games.

Nothing else really stands out after the first read through.

Be back after lunch, son has a doctors appt.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:Lagom is acting the most suspicious to me after reading the last few pages. Of course I've said that before and he turned out to be nothing but a villager. When he's evil he seems to play smoother than this. Of course it may be better to be safe than sorry and test him now.
Seriously, where do you people get this from? His first game he was evil and did a good job NOT of convincing us he wasn't evil but of pointing out that the convict faction would lose by lynching him and thus we targetted a corp member. He did a great job of playing the two opposing sides against each other but when has he been evil since then? When in a 2 faction game rather than a three faction one? Most times he is very open about being unimportant and stirring the pot leading to his own death. He hasn't been prodding the same way this game. Maybe I'm the one misreading him this time but I think he is a bad guy.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'd hate to push Lagom over the edge considering I don't think he would draw this much attention to himself if he was wearing a derby. I'm more comfortable offing Remus today but I can switch my vote to one of the less active players since I feel they are more likely to be the bad guys.

Players that can get my vote today:
Chaosraven
msteelers
Qantaga
Remus West

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:Lagom is acting the most suspicious to me after reading the last few pages. Of course I've said that before and he turned out to be nothing but a villager. When he's evil he seems to play smoother than this. Of course it may be better to be safe than sorry and test him now.
Seriously, where do you people get this from? His first game he was evil and did a good job NOT of convincing us he wasn't evil but of pointing out that the convict faction would lose by lynching him and thus we targetted a corp member. He did a great job of playing the two opposing sides against each other but when has he been evil since then? When in a 2 faction game rather than a three faction one? Most times he is very open about being unimportant and stirring the pot leading to his own death. He hasn't been prodding the same way this game. Maybe I'm the one misreading him this time but I think he is a bad guy.
You might have a point, Remus. However, I've seen a trend in Lagom recently where it is less of a smooth tongued devil and more of a raving madman. The last two games he seems to be actively drawing attention to himself and with no provocation. Both times he did this he was a villager. In this game I think he is doing the same thing. While he certainly could be a baddie, its not a change in his recent behavior either. Its not thick enough for me to vote him over the edge.

That doesn't mean I won't be more willing to vote for him the next day. This is just a one day grace I'm giving him.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lagom Lite wrote:All become my pets. :twisted:
If Lagom is a special and he is posting like this then he is doing the good guys a disservice. Now if he is a baddie and posting like this then I appreciate his "b@lls". Either way, he has made himself and great vote target for tomorrow unless we turn something else up.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Because my early-game posting is almost always erratic. I've stated again and again, on Day 1 I actively try to create trains against myself if unpowered good guy.
You said the above in the spirit of raising some doubts against me.
You said that I was being weird.... but I wasn't.

Now you say that you've spent this day actively trying to create trains against yourself?

I mean, you basically are saying - "Hey guys, don't you think maybe Unagi is beig weird by reading into my behavior?"

and then adding. "My behavior is designed specifically to create attention, I am TRYING to be this way guys...."

... "Oh, but isn't Unagi really weird for trying to read into my behavior?"

:|
Lagom Lite wrote:Unagi - when you contrived your reason to vote against me, were you actually honest in your analysis or were you trying to train me?
It was honest, shoot from the hip, Day 1 analysis.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:
If Lagom is a special and he is posting like this then he is doing the good guys a disservice. Now if he is a baddie and posting like this then I appreciate his "b@lls". Either way, he has made himself and great vote target for tomorrow unless we turn something else up.
Why not now? Who has done more to deserve votes? My jokes with you, Chaosraven, and Newcastle are seriously more suspicious to you than Lagom's behavior? I would disagree that he is doing the madman act this game although I fully agree he has done it in the past as a villager, that is what makes me suspect him now.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Why not now? Who has done more to deserve votes? My jokes with you, Chaosraven, and Newcastle are seriously more suspicious to you than Lagom's behavior? I would disagree that he is doing the madman act this game although I fully agree he has done it in the past as a villager, that is what makes me suspect him now.
I'm more interested in voting for you and players with less activity today. That is my strategy for now and it can change at any time.

Either way, I'm not voting for Lagom until we hear from him first since he's N-1. I believe its close to 5:00 pm in Sweden right now so he should be checking in soon.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Remus West wrote:I'm intending to vote Lagom. I post the intent so as not to place him at n-1 when he may not be around. Although he just was so I'm hoping he sees this.
Noted.
As far as I'm concerned he knew it was coming. If he had wanted to share anything he would/should have done so at this point. I find your reluctance to go after him very interesting.
Scoop20906 wrote:I'm more interested in voting for you and players with less activity today.
Once again you state your preference for voting me without making a note of why? Earlier you said I was "just plain asking for it" due to my post about making you a liar regarding the vote train you would join. I'll ask again, is this really more suspicious to you than Lagom's actions?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Newcastle (1): Remus West, Lagom Lite
Remus West (2): Newcastle, Scoop20906, theohall, Chaosraven, Lagom Lite, stessier
theohall (0): stessier
Lagom Lite (6): Qantaga, Unagi, msteelers, Newcastle, stessier, Remus West
stessier (0): Lassr
Chaosraven (1): Remus West, Lassr
Grundbegriff (1): theohall, Lagom Lite

No active votes: Grundbegriff

Majority is seven. Please let me know if I've missed anything.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Hold your horses.

Writing... :coffee:
Is there anyone in hell?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:I'd hate to push Lagom over the edge considering I don't think he would draw this much attention to himself if he was wearing a derby.
How much attention has he drawn to himself? Scoop? All of his actions seem more geared toward drawing attention away from him, doesn't it.

Your characterization of Lagom's play isn't how I would describe it...

Let's review EVERY SINGLE THING HE'S POSTED (not much really):

He starts the game:
Lagom Lite wrote:Checking in. No votes for me yet? WTF?
He comments back to me, regarding what I felt he did with his first post, by just patting me on the head.
(That's not ATTENTION DRAWING, that 'NOTHING TO SEE HERE')
Lagom Lite wrote:*snif*... you've all grown up... :wub:

He quickly moves the conversation AWAY from the previous post and speaks about the rules a bit.
(Again, not ATTENTION DRAWING)
Lagom Lite wrote:I need to re-read the Evil victory conditions a few times. The Dawn-Dusk thing is confusing, but it seems it will only come into play if Lewis is kidnapped. The Days seems like standard WW.

Good guys:
1 Scanner (Ring-bearer)
1 Protector
1 Hunter
7 Villagers

Bad guys:
1 Scanner
1 Wolf

Instead of just killing villagers to achieve equilibrium, wolves needs to kill just one player - Lewis. Making his scanning ability useless for the group.
Now we see Lagom joining the Remus train.
(Not exactly ATTENTION DRAWING)
 Remus West 

Lagom admits that vote for Remus makes him look a little concerned for his neck.
Lagom Lite wrote:
Remus West wrote:
 Remus West 

Trying to save yourself? You are the only other train in town after all.
I'd rather kill you than me, that's for sure!
Lagom is forced to address another accusation... This is not Lagom Drawing Attention, this is Lagom trying to Manage Attention.
Lagom Lite wrote:
stessier wrote:Interesting. You are that sure you are more important than Remus?
I'm sure I'm a good guy. If Remus is a special I'm assuming he will let us know at n-1.

Lagom joins Theohall in a sober moment regarding Grundbegriff.
This is actually a big post to me.... Theohall speaks some wise words regarding Grund's play - and I'm still on the fence with this post - too many unknown parts to really dissect this one. In any case, with regard to Lagom: He sees a better life-raft then his "Remus vote" float by and he's wise enough to not let "a reasonably legit train" pass by without getting on board.
Lagom Lite wrote:
theohall wrote:Grundbegriff posting thoughts on Day One seems way beyond his normal good guy pattern. Normally, he refuses to comment on Day One trains until after the lynch. The fact he already commented makes him seem suspicious to me. And whomever he is protecting, makes them an evil candidate also.

Grundbegriff 

He is essentially "protecting" Remus West and Lagom Lite while accusing Unagi and stessier. My problem with his "protection," why protect two personnel when there are only two evils. IMO, Grundbegriff is doing his best to sow confusion among the good folks knowing his team is severely limited. He needs to go already. The rest of us have been "guessing" at targets while Grundbegriff has used our guesses to confuse us.
I agree with this.

Grund, I don't mind getting voted out on Day 1 if it yields info for my team. Your chivalry is lost on me. Are you protecting Remus West?
Lagom Lite wrote: withdraw Remus West 

Grundbegriff 

Scoop throws out the option to not vote for folks like Grund and Lagom (the smart players that we need to keep alive, less we all just flounder and act like fools). Lagom agrees with this theory and ditches his vote on Grund.
Lagom Lite wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I don't why what Grund felt the need to analyze every post of the game thus far. It does seem like he is trying to set the stage for something else later but none of what he wrote makes me think we should vote for him. Obviously, he is poking everyone to get responses. Of course, theohall is going to jump all over it but its his common practice to be baited like this.

Lagom, is a mixed bag these days. He seems to enjoy causing confusion where none is needed and has this semi-permanent baddie persona going which I think he relishes but he is still one of our smarter players so you hate to vote him out on the first days similar to how we treat Grund.

With all the activity it makes the less active more guilty looking. Should one of these two get the vote?

msteelers
Qantaga
Yep, pretty much. Add to the list: Unagi, Chaosraven. The fact that Unagi tries so hard to read something from my behavior is weird. Chaosraven has been very successful in flying under the radar before, it's easy to miss him and he seems to be doing it again.

Newcastle, stessier and Lassr are throwing votes around, somewhat detached. Here's the second wolf.

Remus holds up under pressure - unpowered good guy.

theohall, Grund, me and Scoop are more involved. Grund is weird, but he's always doing this sort of thing. We can kill him later.

If we assume wolves are already on one of the current trains, we get:

Suspects against me: Qantaga, Unagi, msteelers.
Suspects against Remus: Chaosraven.

The smart money is on one of these four imo. Then there's a vocal wolf in the (Newcastle/stessier/Lassr) group.

withdraw Grundbegriff 

Lagom is now fighting for his life.
Lagom Lite wrote:{addresses a bunch of peopl in a "Me vs. Them" post}
I sense a bit of desperation in Lagom's posts now. He's starting a post to me, then moves on to quoting and accusing Newcastle.
This in itself isn't incriminating.

Newcastle wrote:

Remus West 

This looks like a slip.

Newcastle 

THERE!!! I FOUND IT SCOOP!! Here, finally, with that last post: Lagom is drawing attention!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Newcastle wrote:

Remus West 

This looks like a slip.

Newcastle 

dangerous in the fact that it was the first train, and little information out there

dangerous in the fact that it was pushing him to the edge with a silly reason, with little information out there

remus could be good or bad.... but i dont like quick trains like that especially on the first day. I like watching movements and ebbs and flows.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lagom Lite wrote:Hold your horses.

Writing... :coffee:

withdraw  lagom 

just in case
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Wow, what an informative first day this has been. Didn't see any of this coming at all. :D

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:STUFF
Ahh, Unagi. I appreciate the analysis although I agree with almost none of it. It would take too much of my time to go through it step by step so I will just say simply I don't agree with you and read my earlier posts for why.

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

msteelers
Qantaga
The reason I've only posted once in this game is because I've been busy in real life. Thursday was my birthday, Friday I was away from my computer most of the day, Saturday was my birthday party, and yesterday was football. Plus my sister-in-law is in the hospital, and we had their three kids Saturday night and into Sunday. I was able to check in a couple of times over the weekend, but outside of voting for Lagom I didn't have much time to add anything else.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Down I go again? :P
Remus West wrote:Seriously, where do you people get this from? His first game he was evil and did a good job NOT of convincing us he wasn't evil but of pointing out that the convict faction would lose by lynching him and thus we targetted a corp member. He did a great job of playing the two opposing sides against each other but when has he been evil since then?
A few times...

The Dark Knight (won, did well)
Return of the Hunter(ish) (lost, did ok)
The facts of life (lost, did poorly)
(+ Might be one or so more I've forgotten)

I can be a competent bad guy, but I never actually claimed to be - my nerves don't hold up for it. It's rather something that's been attributed to me (I guess putting that stuff in my sig adds to it though :P ). Nowadays, I'm trying a brash provocation method. Results have been varied, but I'm having a good time.
Unagi wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:Because my early-game posting is almost always erratic. I've stated again and again, on Day 1 I actively try to create trains against myself if unpowered good guy.
You said the above in the spirit of raising some doubts against me.
You said that I was being weird.... but I wasn't.

Now you say that you've spent this day actively trying to create trains against yourself?

I mean, you basically are saying - "Hey guys, don't you think maybe Unagi is beig weird by reading into my behavior?"

and then adding. "My behavior is designed specifically to create attention, I am TRYING to be this way guys...."

... "Oh, but isn't Unagi really weird for trying to read into my behavior?"
I'm baiting the bad guys to come vote for me. Same as always. Let me explain how and why:

When I've played as a bad guy, I've often got a real itch to move the day along. I've felt forced to try to keep player conversation and analysis to a minumum and to get someone quickly railroaded, preferably whomever currently holds the highest profile. My play these last few games have been to subtly lure the triggerhappy into exposing themselves, by making myself a target. I've had some success with it (though tbh, next game I'll probably keep a lower profile because it's getting dull to be out of the game on Day 1 ;) ).

The reason I call your (Unagi's) early post "weird" is that you've played enough games with me to know I behave like this regularly, and yet you call me out on it. I'm not saying my erratic behavior condones me, but it doesn't say anything about my alignment either. I have other evil-tells.

The reason I asked you to clarify was to see if you are either:

1. a bad guy genuinely pushing my lynch OR
2. you are a good guy playing along with my madness OR
3. you are a good guy making an error.

Your answer narrows it down to the first or third alternatives. I don't know you well enough to make a call either way - spontaneously I'd think you would be more clever than that. Then again, I fooled you in Dark Knight despite some overt tells I made so maybe it's an honest mistake.

(I just saw your last post to Scoop - I won't bother to comment on every detail, but I'll say you're right that my posting have been subtle rather than overt. If I had tried to act OVERTLY evil - which you say you've been looking for - I don't think the baddies would buy it, and it's not how I've played this tactic before. "All become my pets" was a joke since we're way past that point now. I mean, it's not like overt evil-laughter-stuff actually makes anyone think you're evil.)
Scoop20906 wrote:
Since I'm at n-1, I'll tell you I'm just a family member. Offing me isn't a big deal.

If you go ahead, tomorrow look who's been pushing my vote. Remus, Newcastle and Unagi have done it. msteelers and Qantaga might be wolves flying under the radar, placing an innocent-seeming "joke vote" and then withdrawing from the scene.

I'd be very surprised if there isn't a wolf on my vote right now.
Scoop20906 wrote:Wow, what an informative first day this has been. Didn't see any of this coming at all. :D
/bows ;)

Do the right thing! :pop:
Is there anyone in hell?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:Wow, what an informative first day this has been. Didn't see any of this coming at all. :D
I'm confused.

What information have we learned?

What didn't you see coming?

It's like you and I are playing two different games.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote:The reason I call your (Unagi's) early post "weird" is that you've played enough games with me to know I behave like this regularly, and yet you call me out on it.
"behave like this regularly"

This didn't start with something as grand as 'regular behavior'

This started with 1 post, and me making 1 comment.

So, I guess you start every game by lamenting how you are surprised to not have any votes against you?
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote:
I'm confused.

What information have we learned?

What didn't you see coming?

It's like you and I are playing two different games.
The thought has struck me that Scoop is a bad guy seeing through my play, and avoiding suspicion by defending me - casting him in a better light tomorrow. I don't know though.
Is there anyone in hell?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

withdraw Lagom Lite 

You did well Lagom. I'll let the others think about your words.

And scoops.

And all the people not saying words.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:The reason I call your (Unagi's) early post "weird" is that you've played enough games with me to know I behave like this regularly, and yet you call me out on it.
"behave like this regularly"

This didn't start with something as grand as 'regular behavior'

This started with 1 post, and me making 1 comment.

So, I guess you start every game by lamenting how you are surprised to not have any votes against you?
Not at all, but this time I did.

What struck me as weird is the elaborate-ness of your analysis - construed from the opening sentence of the well-known WW board berzerker. Let's look at it:
Unagi wrote:I'll be the first person to actually make a train.

In an effort to avoid votes, Lagom protests that he hasn't gotten any.

Result - a few people punish him for 'asking for it', but then the joke fades and all those votes are removed. (see Qantage, below)

It's rare to see two waves of votes hit one player on a given day - so with that, Lagom ushers himself into the next round.

So, yeah -  Lagom 

Of course, this accusation of mine may play into his plan as well - as I'm not the most likely to garner a bunch of people to fall in line behind me.
It's full of projection, and disclaimers. But the oddest part is how serious it sounds. This is basically what you say:

1. I'm going to start a train on Lagom, but please don't think I'm evil.
2. Lagom is manipulative, so he's probably evil (this is what I mean about weird - I'm always manipulative, good or evil, and you should know this).
3. I realize that Lagom probably has a plan with this (even so, you keep your vote on me and push hard for my lynch all the way to n-1 anyway).
Is there anyone in hell?