The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by El Guapo »

Defiant wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:59 am
Grifman wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:22 am
Beyond the radioactivity, I'm worried about the sharknados this would cause.
Well, I'm pretty sure this news story will inspire Sharknado 7: Radioactive Boogaloo.

(I had to look it up, and good lord, there have been six Sharknado movies)
Somewhere in the world right now there's a Sharknado scriptwriter thanking the heavens. Though presumably it will have to become Sharknicane.

Side question: do you think the Sharknado franchise has trademark / copyright protection over all Shark related wind-based natural disasters, or just Sharknados? If I made a Sharknicane movie, could they sue me?
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Sharknor'easter might be out but I'm sure Sharksquall is OK. Certainly Sharkscatteredshowers.

What about Crappienado?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I'm pretty sure Cloudy with a Chance of Sharks is out, too.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:18 pm
Well, I'm pretty sure this news story will inspire Sharknado 7: Radioactive Boogaloo.

Somewhere in the world right now there's a Sharknado scriptwriter thanking the heavens. Though presumably it will have to become Sharknicane.

Side question: do you think the Sharknado franchise has trademark / copyright protection over all Shark related wind-based natural disasters, or just Sharknados? If I made a Sharknicane movie, could they sue me?
Go with Sharkphoon.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:56 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:18 pm

Go with Sharkphoon.
I should probably consult with an IP attorney.
Black Lives Matter.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:07 am Hurricanes are the results of built up energy (thermal) in the oceans and atmosphere. Surely the best way to stop them is to add more fuel to the fire in the form of a thermonuclear explosion. The result, beyond any radioactive fallout, would be to create massive superstorms that would far more destructive than any season's worth of typical hurricanes.

It is a stupid idea from a stupid man.
Well then how about nuking out the Amazon fires? Surely that would work.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Alefroth wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:09 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:07 am Hurricanes are the results of built up energy (thermal) in the oceans and atmosphere. Surely the best way to stop them is to add more fuel to the fire in the form of a thermonuclear explosion. The result, beyond any radioactive fallout, would be to create massive superstorms that would far more destructive than any season's worth of typical hurricanes.

It is a stupid idea from a stupid man.
Well then how about nuking out the Amazon fires? Surely that would work.
Like the old adage, fight fire with gasoline. Just don't nuke the Amazon Fire Sticks.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump skipped the G7 climate meeting, depriving it of his special brand of input.

The story put out by the WH is that Trump was scheduled for meetings with Germany's Merkel and then with India's Modi during the climate session period.

But, oops, it turns out that:

1) The climate meeting was on Trump's official schedule.
2) Both Merkel and Modi were at the climate meeting.

Later, when asked during a presser if he believed in climate change, Trump refused to answer and walked away.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Zarathud wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:27 pm When Trump is gone, he will rant like a maniac on twitter/TV until the day he dies. He’s a cancer on our democracy.
He will have plenty of tv coverage for sure.

But how many minutes will it take for him to breach the twitter hate speech rules and get banned?
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Holman wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:28 pm

The story put out by the WH is that Trump was scheduled for meetings with Germany's Merkel and then with India's Modi during the climate session period.

But, oops, it turns out that:

1) The climate meeting was on Trump's official schedule.
2) Both Merkel and Modi were at the climate meeting.

Lie and get away with it. All day long.

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Two things to note here:

"Are you going to vote for Trump in 10 years?"

"Is she rich? Does she have a lot of money?"

Lots of other things, but mostly those two.
Edit:
Also, the original tweet isn't tagged or anything so I'm guess it's either a coordinated tweet or he spends way too much time on Twitter finding this stuff.

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

So Trump almost - almost - had a normal human interaction.

And that's worth telling the world about, apparently.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Also, "off camera" means on camera apparently.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:27 am Also, "off camera" means on camera apparently.
"Off camera" means filtered through Trump sources, not Fake News. Language control has always been the thing between the far right and the far left.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:22 am So Trump almost - almost - had a normal human interaction.

And that's worth telling the world about, apparently.
It should be a red flag when you have to celebrate a display of basic human decency by someone.
Now depoliticized.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

The fact that Trump still amplifies Katie Hopkins says all you need to know.
Hodor.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I had no idea who Katie Hopkins was until this morning.

Ew.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

She's British, so it's OK to call her a cunt.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Wow! Yet another big storm heading to Puerto Rico. Will it ever end? Congress approved 92 Billion Dollars for Puerto Rico last year, an all time record of its kind for “anywhere.”
The nerve of Puerto Rico to be in the path of these hurricanes! Again!! Why don't they just move or something?

P.S. They didn't get anywhere near $92B last year. They've received about $14B, with estimates of potential future costs (that have yet to actually be allocated) up to $92B
Last edited by Skinypupy on Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

"anywhere"
?

And I can't tell if he's trying to signal that it's some kind of devine retribution or that there's no more aid coming their way. Maybe both.

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He's letting you know that he just invented the word "anywhere".
Now depoliticized.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trump is an egomaniac bullshitter. Never take anything he says at face value. I cant believe the base even listens to him. The GOP in DC just do it for money and power. Hasn't hurt them yet. The world is insane. And I dont like the Dems any better now days. So disappointed in both parties. Wish we could hit the reset button and start fresh. Someone try powering DC off then on again plz.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
malchior

Post by malchior »

Keep in mind this is literally a single sourced comment but I thought it was worth hearing (and seeing the reaction from Rachel Maddow). Is it true? I don't know but it certainly is plausible considering his actions. It wouldn't shock me if he had co-signers in Russia *and* Saudi Arabia. *More context below video.

More context available here. The gist is that in court the House is suing for his tax returns and loan documents at Deutsche Bank. They fought the sub poena but the judge ordered them to disclose whether they have them or not. They have confirmed that they have the tax returns. The House also is seeking the loan documents because they want to know *how* Trump got his loans. If the single source is to be believed, he is completely tied up financially with Putin's inner circle. If this is true, this would be a scandal of immense proportions. Personally, I'm not going to bank on it because we live in a dystopia and we might as well get used to it.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Trump having Russian Oligarchs as co-signers on his loans is more "Russia has its hands down his pants" than I thought it would be. I was expecting the revelation in bank documents to be piles of bad debt, incredibly poor decisions, and tax evasion... not this. Still waiting to see the actual documents, but it does fit with everything else, start to finish. From the campaign issues to making $50M off a Russian Oligarch for a Florida property he owned for like 6 years to his continued resistance to badmouth or oppose anything Russian.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
malchior

Post by malchior »

The Helsinki 2018 meeting and his behavior at the G7 also matches up. It is weird because you'd figure Germany must have some knowledge of this. Are they that hands off? Even on foreign transactions? That bothers me quite a bit and undermines the story a little bit for me.

Still the Russian co-signer story fits tightly with the money laundering angle. How do you get money out of Russia under a sanctions regime? You find a friendly bank with no morals and a willing participant with no morals on the other side. There has been a lot of smoke here and it is at least interesting to get a glimpse at the fire's source. It is still hard to believe because the guy would have been so-fucking-stupid to allow this to happen. However, he is just that incompetent and such a stain on humanity that one can believe this was his last resort *and* he was willing to go there.
malchior

Post by malchior »

As a side note he is predictably trying to distract by tweeting about Dorian heading for Puerto Rico this morning and insulting people there. It doesn't show us anything new but it certainly fits his walls closing in on him styling.

As a side *main note* - check out his crazy story in the Washington Post.
Washington Post wrote:The president has told senior aides that a failure to deliver on the signature promise of his 2016 campaign would be a letdown to his supporters and an embarrassing defeat. With the election 14 months away and hundreds of miles of fencing plans still in blueprint form, Trump has held regular White House meetings for progress updates and to hasten the pace, according to several people involved in the discussions.

When aides have suggested that some orders are illegal or unworkable, Trump has suggested he would pardon the officials if they would just go ahead, aides said. He has waved off worries about contracting procedures and the use of eminent domain, saying “take the land,” according to officials who attended the meetings.

“Don’t worry, I’ll pardon you,” he has told officials in meetings about the wall.

“He said people expected him to build a wall, and it had to be done by the election,” one former official said.
Illegally steal land. Break other laws. I'll just pardon you all. He is a fucking criminal. Oh he isn't because 'he is just joking around'. Give me a break. That said, anyone who trusts him to pardon them deserves anything they get.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Wow, Donald Trump is more and more starting to turn on Fox. This is crazy.

Meanwhile, Brit Hume strikes back.

Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Also, Trump never lies, because he loves America.

Hodor.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I love that Fox is now his enemy.
Now depoliticized.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I guess we'll start seeing more tweets about One America?
Hodor.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:16 am Wow, Donald Trump is more and more starting to turn on Fox. This is crazy.
Loyalty (to Don Trump) is the most important thing to Don Trump. He's found his independent Russian News service in California that is willing to fellate him 24/7
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

What. The. Fuck?? :?

The fact that the President of the United States feels it is appropriate to say this publicly about a US territory that is facing a looming natural disaster is just...mind boggling.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Puerto Rico is one of the most corrupt places on earth. Their political system is broken and their politicians are either Incompetent or Corrupt.
Puerto Rico is part of the US. I can't argue with the President, the leading executive politician over Puerto Rico and head of state.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

All this craziness... that Deutsche bank stuff must have touched a nerve.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Former Defense Secretary James Mattis, who resigned last year citing irreconcilable policy differences with President Donald Trump, on Wednesday rejected Trump's preference for American isolationism, writing in a new essay that the US is "at increasing risk in the world" when it doesn't embrace its allies.

In an essay that was adapted from his forthcoming book, "Call Sign Chaos: Learning to Lead," a portion of which was published in The Wall Street Journal, the retired Marine Corps general also said he stepped down in December when he thought his advice was no longer valid in Trump's eyes, writing, "I did as well as I could for as long as I could."

Although Mattis doesn't mention Trump by name, it's clear he's referring to the commander in chief, making the essay another public rebuke of the President over what Mattis sees as the importance of maintaining US alliances and engagement around the world. Mattis' views were shared after he left the administration.
In the excerpt published Wednesday, Mattis wrote that his resignation last year came after his "concrete solutions and strategic advice, especially keeping faith with our allies, no longer resonated." In his letter last year, Mattis wrote that he was stepping down because Trump has "the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned" with his own.
Mattis also expressed concern in his essay for the current political and social climates of the US, writing, "All Americans need to recognize that our democracy is an experiment—and one that can be reversed. We all know that we're better than our current politics. Tribalism must not be allowed to destroy our experiment."
It's almost as if people are the problem.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

malchior wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 am As a side note he is predictably trying to distract by tweeting about Dorian heading for Puerto Rico this morning and insulting people there. It doesn't show us anything new but it certainly fits his walls closing in on him styling.

As a side *main note* - check out his crazy story in the Washington Post.
Washington Post wrote:The president has told senior aides that a failure to deliver on the signature promise of his 2016 campaign would be a letdown to his supporters and an embarrassing defeat. With the election 14 months away and hundreds of miles of fencing plans still in blueprint form, Trump has held regular White House meetings for progress updates and to hasten the pace, according to several people involved in the discussions.

When aides have suggested that some orders are illegal or unworkable, Trump has suggested he would pardon the officials if they would just go ahead, aides said. He has waved off worries about contracting procedures and the use of eminent domain, saying “take the land,” according to officials who attended the meetings.

“Don’t worry, I’ll pardon you,” he has told officials in meetings about the wall.

“He said people expected him to build a wall, and it had to be done by the election,” one former official said.
Illegally steal land. Break other laws. I'll just pardon you all. He is a fucking criminal. Oh he isn't because 'he is just joking around'. Give me a break. That said, anyone who trusts him to pardon them deserves anything they get.
And people were worried about that black Kenyan guy who was in the White House coming in and trampling their rights. :lol:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

malchior wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 amIllegally steal land. Break other laws. I'll just pardon you all. He is a fucking criminal. Oh he isn't because 'he is just joking around'. Give me a break. That said, anyone who trusts him to pardon them deserves anything they get.
But we can't start a formal impeachment inquiry because that might "look bad", and really, what would be the point? JFC we are so fuct.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Many of us would rather be called every name in the book than risk another 4 years of Trump for an ultimately toothless gesture.
Now depoliticized.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:24 am I guess we'll start seeing more tweets about One America?
i do know that One America is big in Alaska, with a growing number of people feeling that Fox is not extreme enough
(side note: Alaska is headed for economic disaster with Dunleavy as governor)
Last edited by hitbyambulance on Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

hepcat wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:44 pm Many of us would rather be called every name in the book than risk another 4 years of Trump for an ultimately toothless gesture.
I'm still of the mind he's either going to be re-elected or he isn't. Troglodytes will come out in droves to vote for him regardless of an impeachment hearing. This is going to come down to the (D) nominee and whether or not they're capable of winning over the "undecided" voters in swing states or motivating those that never vote to actually go out and engage in the process.

Begin impeachment inquires and MAGAts get emboldened. Don't start impeachment inquires and MAGAts crow about something else and get emboldened. When you're in a lose/lose situation and you have a Constitutional obligation to check power, you farking do it - period.
Maybe next year, maybe no go