THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Fallout 4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Re: Fallout 4

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote:
coopasonic wrote:
... all the other stuff I am forgetting.
Work? Family? Going outdoors?
Overrated, all of them, but particularly the last. Outdoors is the land of allergens. Screw allergens.

I did forget the forthcoming Mad Max open world game whose name I do not recall.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Brian

Post by Brian »

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

:lol:

Boston accent stuff is usually pretty tiresome, but that was well done.
Black Lives Matter.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Perfect, that was just beautiful! Got a good chuckle out of me.

As for the trailer....man my bunk is calling to me.
You can't even tell me you'd be this tightly wound if you were receiving Treasure Type O regularly. - OOTS Strip 408
tgb

Post by tgb »

Fallout 4 and XCOM 2 are enough to make me a happy little camper.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Is that a modified version of the New Vegas theme they're using?
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Sarkus

Post by Sarkus »

coopasonic wrote:This is going to be a busy fall for me...

Fallout 4
XCOM 2
Tomb Raider 2
Just Cause 3
Arkham Knight
I wouldn't assume this is a 2015 release. It should be given its been four years since Skyrim, but Bethesda's history says this is more likely a 2016 title.
Foggy: You have my word as a corporal and a gentleman.
Clegg: Hitler was a corporal!
Foggy: Not in my regiment.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Sarkus wrote:
coopasonic wrote:This is going to be a busy fall for me...

Fallout 4
XCOM 2
Tomb Raider 2
Just Cause 3
Arkham Knight
I wouldn't assume this is a 2015 release. It should be given its been four years since Skyrim, but Bethesda's history says this is more likely a 2016 title.
It is already up for preorder on GMG (and likely other sites). Not that this says anything about release date. It says more to do with the obsession with preordering in PC gaming.
Jag

Post by Jag »

baelthazar wrote:It is already up for preorder on GMG (and likely other sites)
naednek

Post by naednek »

after playing Witcher 3, the dog looks horribly animated.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Arkon wrote:Perfect, that was just beautiful! Got a good chuckle out of me.

As for the trailer....man my bunk is calling to me.
The trailer looks alright, but I didn't see anything to make this a must have.
For now I'm going to snuggle up on the couch in my 'wait and see' blankie.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

The 14 Funniest Internet Reactions to the Fallout 4 Trailer
I'm starting with the last one because it's Ron Perlman's tweet.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I cannot freaking wait! Of course, being that I work in retail, I will have precious little time to play it if it comes out in November.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Rumpy wrote:Is that a modified version of the New Vegas theme they're using?
The song? That's the Ink Spots, a band from the 1930's I think. All their songs sound alike. I'm actually not exaggerating.

https://youtu.be/wp2Hwi9qM48

https://youtu.be/WKECr75m8fo

https://youtu.be/pSK-1guFLDk
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:I cannot freaking wait! Of course, being that I work in retail, I will have precious little time to play it if it comes out in November.
+1, being a one-man store. I can squeeze in a little gaming here and there during the xmas season but I can't give a new game the attention it demands. Oh well, by January there'll be a patch or two.

The Boston setting (plus the fact that I'm close to finishing Fallout NV) makes this a must-buy for me.
WarPig

Post by WarPig »

Yeah I've got to know who will be carrying the collector's edition. And then pre-order. And then find out if different stores get different collector's editions with different swag and then pre-order there as well.

And a new graphics card.

Bye bye kids college education. You'll understand, won't you?
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
tgb

Post by tgb »

Hamlet3145 wrote:
The song? That's the Ink Spots, a band from the 1930's I think. All their songs sound alike. I'm actually not exaggerating.

https://youtu.be/wp2Hwi9qM48

https://youtu.be/WKECr75m8fo

https://youtu.be/pSK-1guFLDk
[Never mind. Senior moment]
Last edited by tgb on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Hamlet3145 wrote:

No, I'm talking about the orchestral theme in the background after the song plays.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I love Fallout, but that trailer didn't do much for me. Just looks like more of the same. I would actually be much more excited if Fallout 4 were being made by Obsidian instead of Bethesda.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I love Fallout, but that trailer didn't do much for me. Just looks like more of the same. I would actually be much more excited if Fallout 4 were being made by Obsidian instead of Bethesda.
Yeah, me too.
Black Lives Matter.
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

El Guapo wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I love Fallout, but that trailer didn't do much for me. Just looks like more of the same. I would actually be much more excited if Fallout 4 were being made by Obsidian instead of Bethesda.
Yeah, me too.
Same - the graphics engine is not aging well. There are so many better looking games now with better physics... the movement just looks horrible.

But, it's Fallout. :D
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Other than changing the settings, isn't that what any game in a series usually is? Fallout 2 was MOTS with respect to Fallout, and FO4 looks to be MOTS with respect to FO3. Exactly what are you looking for?
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grifman wrote:
Other than changing the settings, isn't that what any game in a series usually is? Fallout 2 was MOTS with respect to Fallout, and FO4 looks to be MOTS with respect to FO3. Exactly what are you looking for?
The trailer is fine, for me at least the issue is just that it's Bethesda and not Obsidian, and New Vegas > Fallout 3. Like Fallout 3, I expect this to be perfectly fine, just with an adequate but not amazing story / theme.
Black Lives Matter.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Stuie wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Yeah, me too.
Same - the graphics engine is not aging well. There are so many better looking games now with better physics... the movement just looks horrible.

I'm not so certain that it's the same engine. Gamebryo was a constant thorn in Bethesda's side as the previous console generation went by, and I imagine that they'd want to distance themselves from it and its quirks and design flaws.
Insert witty comment here.
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

Grifman wrote:

I'm perfectly happy with MOTS but after 5 years you would think the graphics would take another step forward and it doesn't look like it from the trailer. There was only a 1 year gap between FO and FO2 and 2 years between FO3 and FO:NV, so there wasn't much expectations in graphical improvements. I guess we'll know more June 14th.
RMC

Post by RMC »

tgb wrote:Fallout 4 and XCOM 2 are enough to make me a happy little camper.
This.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RMC wrote:
tgb wrote:Fallout 4 and XCOM 2 are enough to make me a happy little camper.
This.
I'm waiting for "Mass Effect 4: The Continuing Adventures of Marauder Shields" myself.
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

El Guapo wrote:I'm waiting for "Mass Effect 4: The Continuing Adventures of Marauder Shields" myself.
All these years later, and it still makes me laugh.

Enlarge Image

Also, the new shared video is ridiculous. Looks slightly different than what I remember playing on an Apple IIe.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Smoove_B wrote:
El Guapo wrote:I'm waiting for "Mass Effect 4: The Continuing Adventures of Marauder Shields" myself.
All these years later, and it still makes me laugh.

Enlarge Image

Also, the new shared video is ridiculous. Looks slightly different than what I remember playing on an Apple IIe.
I love the Mass Effect games, and Marauder Shields is still easily the best thing to come out of them.

If it were possible under IP laws, I would seriously pay $100+ for a game where you play Marauder Shields, traveling through time and space to kill protagonists in different games/movies/TV shows just before they reach terrible endings.
Black Lives Matter.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

TiLT wrote:
Stuie wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Yeah, me too.

I'm not so certain that it's the same engine. Gamebryo was a constant thorn in Bethesda's side as the previous console generation went by, and I imagine that they'd want to distance themselves from it and its quirks and design flaws.

Graphically, I think it's a tiny step up from Skyrim. Maybe using a similar renderer? What I mostly see from that trailer are changes in lighting and richness of colours. Yeah, the Gamebryo engine has definitely showed its age. It carried too many limitations under the hood that they'd be smart to move away from for the new gen.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Hopefully, some of it is just placeholders. It was a clear step up from Fallout 3, but it still wasn't up to current standards. The dog was just blech.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Fallout 4..................YES!

:D
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Looks great to me. I just hope its a lot more stable for less crashes and fails....especially with mods.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Maybe because I am not a pre-order early buy kinda guy I rarely have trouble with any game crashing. I hear complaints about games and yet even with my 8 year old underpowered Dell I rarely have any problems.
Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Daehawk wrote:Looks great to me. I just hope its a lot more stable for less crashes and fails....especially with mods.
Yeah, the mods are hard for the developer to plan on.

As for fresh out of the box super stable games. I wish they were stable and very polished, but as long as they get to that point, I am fine with them needing some changes after release. I don't mean it is okay to have to patch in a save system or something, but if there is a bug, even one that was painfully obvious to me, is okay as long as they patch it in a reasonable amount of time.

<shrug> And does anyone really think this will make it out this year? I would guess 1st or 2nd quarter next year at the earliest.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

RMC wrote:<shrug> And does anyone really think this will make it out this year? I would guess 1st or 2nd quarter next year at the earliest.
And what exactly do you base that guess on? The date when the game's announcement was made, or something more substantial? Not all games are announced at the same distance from their release, as some studios prefer to keep the cards close to their chest for as long as possible.

It's been 4 years since Bethesda's last game, which was Skyrim. There's usually a 3-year gap between their games. Current listings everywhere show that the game will be released in 2015, and I'm prepared to believe them barring last-minute delays.
Insert witty comment here.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

TiLT wrote:Current listings everywhere show that the game will be released in 2015, and I'm prepared to believe them barring last-minute delays.
Bethesda's own store says it's TBA, so no one is doing anything but guessing at the moment.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I still stand by my guess of October/November of this year. They're not announcing a game at E3 that's coming out in the Spring of 2016. At least, I'd be amazed if that was the case.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
RMC

Post by RMC »

TiLT wrote:
RMC wrote:<shrug> And does anyone really think this will make it out this year? I would guess 1st or 2nd quarter next year at the earliest.
And what exactly do you base that guess on? The date when the game's announcement was made, or something more substantial? Not all games are announced at the same distance from their release, as some studios prefer to keep the cards close to their chest for as long as possible.

It's been 4 years since Bethesda's last game, which was Skyrim. There's usually a 3-year gap between their games. Current listings everywhere show that the game will be released in 2015, and I'm prepared to believe them barring last-minute delays.
Nothing but my guess that if they are not saying October/November yet, that it will slip to next year. I have no inside information, nor profess some type of prophetic knowledge of when it will be released. Just being a typical gamer and saying something with no basis other than what I have seen in the past. :)
RMC

Post by RMC »

Smoove_B wrote:I still stand by my guess of October/November of this year. They're not announcing a game at E3 that's coming out in the Spring of 2016. At least, I'd be amazed if that was the case.
True dat. But games announced at E3 don't always make it out when they say they will. But let's hope it is this year. Just in time for the wintery goodness that is Ohio, so I can play games while the snow falls.