[Mobile] Real Racing 3, annoying as heck, but fun

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kasey Chang

Re: [Mobile] Real Racing 3, annoying as heck, but fun

Post by Kasey Chang »

Phew, squeaked by Day 5 goals. 7 stages, 10 races, dang. Wonder how many challenges are there in Day 6? Night driving! :)

DR 106.7, still 61 cars, 736K and 131 gold. Those daily completion bonuses sure helps. Who'd have known that you'd have to sabotage your first attempt at time trial to make sure you do it better the second time around? Yes, that's a spoiler. :D
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Post by Bob2567 (4 rr3) »

blahbot wrote:I had to use the lambo as well..not tried the next round yet..

Just bought the Aston V12, not tried it yet, about 50% on the Aston series, 70 % on prestige..just put the stage three engine in the GT2, stil sitting at 91% on Accolade I do the final Suzuka, have to service the 'beamer and then do the same every day.

$5.5mil, 791Gold, level 97, 52 cars.
What's your percentage? I'm 46%, 890 gold (running low on cash, gonna have to grind for a month to get past this series (vanguard, 16 cyl slam) my strategy is to almost fully upgrade every car I like.
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Bob2567 (4 rr3) wrote:
blahbot wrote:I had to use the lambo as well..not tried the next round yet..

Just bought the Aston V12, not tried it yet, about 50% on the Aston series, 70 % on prestige..just put the stage three engine in the GT2, stil sitting at 91% on Accolade I do the final Suzuka, have to service the 'beamer and then do the same every day.

$5.5mil, 791Gold, level 97, 52 cars.
What's your percentage? I'm 46%, 890 gold (running low on cash, gonna have to grind for a month to get past this series (vanguard, 16 cyl slam) my strategy is to almost fully upgrade every car I like.
Only dl 87 or 86 tho (too lazy to check)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Holy ****. Night racing, with possibility of headlight damage, AND 22 cars on the grid. AND it's 3 FULL LAPS. AND NO MAP. I barely got 3rd.

2nd time, did horrible. Then the game crashed.

3rd time (game-wise, 2nd), use Porsche 911 GT3 CUP, and turned WiFi off. Got up front relatively early (about 4-5 turns) took one turn a bit too slow, and a MB GT3 sideswiped me, took out the left headlight. Got him right back a minute later, and never gave up the lead since. Built up a huge lead (300 yards) that even if I take the latest sections a bit slow they can't overtake me.

Whew, that was hard. Already did a cloud save. Won't lose this progress.

Up to 1 million in R$ now, and back to about 150 gold.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

hmmm...massive frustration.

I couldn't download the 'assets' for day 5..kept sticking halfway through. Tried hard resets, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and now I can't download ANY assets...at all. Completely buggered. no daily bonus again, no le Mans no game....sucks. Going to keep trying 'till I get bored but I think the ride is over.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

You can't do "download all assets" in the settings ?

EDIT: You have to sign into the game to get into LeMans, but once you're in you can disable the connection.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I have to do 215 mph? With no engine upgrades? That means I have to upgrade body two levels, and that's taking a VERY long time. Tires, Suspension, and brakes don't affect top speed, just G's and braking. I've done 212, but to do 215 I have to wait 12 hours (2 levels at 6 hours each).

And this is one of those cases where people are slower than AI. Hahaha.

EDIT: Aha, apparently the only chance for you to do 215 is on the first lap, on that LONG straight between that big right-hander and the first right-chicane. By 2nd lap your car's damage enough so you'll only hit 214.

First time I tried last night I can't beat the AI and got 2nd place even though I did do 215 mph. Keep screwing up a couple corners. Though I was kinda tired.

Just tried it again after getting the upgrades and over 3 laps, left a TSM guy 1500 yards behind at the end of 3 lap race. Muahahahaha! Did a 3:10 lap, which is faster than the lap record of the real thing, I think.

Need to get it repaired so I can do the endurance thing for the final requirement for the day.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

nope, can't do download all assets..it says I've got 370something MB downloaded &00something to go and then just sits there not doing anything. Game quits itself after about an hour of doing nothing.

Currently have it completely uninstalled - I'm going to wait until I'm somewhere with a reasonable internet connection before I try again, that will not be for a couple of weeks though, by which time the Le Mans will be done and dusted...oh well.

Good luck to you guys, hope you end up with the free car.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Well, so far I'm doing okay. Didn't quite finish yesterday's stages until like 11:30PM. :) There's a bit of car repair scheduling. But once I learned the LeMans track I can usually pass cars left and right, if I have like 3 laps to do it.

Just finished today's stage 1 of 7 (!) and need to get the car repaired. That takes 2 hours.

EDIT: Finished stage 2 of 7, now it needs 45 minutes to "engineering" some improvements. Hehehe.

EDIT: FInished all 7 stages, ahead of schedule. Another 45 minutes of engineering, and another repair, but all 7 stages for today are done.

One of those is "no collisions, and no going off the tracks" while doing elimination. Ouch.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Holy moly! There's a race (stage 3) with NO DRIVING AIDS! Imagine throwing the 919 on a super-tight track (Melbourne) with NO steering assist and NO braking assist either! AND win an endurance race against fellow LMP1 vehicles! ARGH! Good thing I know the Melbourne track pretty well and given the insane brakes and G-loading of the 919 I actually won the race (7.1 miles) on my first attempt against only AI opponents.

Racing against fellow LMP1 racers ain't hard. I won a race on Mount Panorama against fellow LMP1's. Stage 1, easy.

The first "curveball" they threw is "no HUD" race, 1 lap around LeMans. I rarely look at the HUD any way, only if I want to check the cornering speed or I want to check my lap time. But I'm way too busy here as this is at night. That's stage 2.

And I already mentioned stage 3. By this time car's trashed enough to need service.

The upgrade costs for the LMP1 are insane. And why am I footing the bill? :D 2nd stage upgrades are about 110K EACH. At this rate I'll never be able to afford anything else! :D

The speed of the LMP1 car in RR3 are way too fast. I'm doing laps at 3:05, and I'm not quite going flat out time attack mode. I've seen online going at 2:40. That's insane. The real lap record is more like 3:18

EDIT: Finished stage 4, which is win an elimination without collision. I did "brush" up against a few guys, but not like outright full body slam. :)

EDIT: Stage 5 is... I have to LAP another car on Indy road course? How the heck do I do that if everybody else is almost as fast as I am?

EDIT: Turn WiFi off and rely on AI behavior: once you passed them they somehow slow down. I ended up lapping 4 or 5 cars.

EDIT: Stage 6: win endurance WITHOUT exceeding 215 MPH. Ouch. Turn off WiFi and rely on AI's best can only do 6.2 miles in endurance by default.

Stage 7 will be 4 lap race at night. It'll be brutal. AND my car needs repairs. ARGH!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Race is done. At least for today
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

I started doing the LeMans level Wednesday night and caught up just now. Fun events but I have to admit I'm not having nearly as much trouble as you seem to be having and I'm not sure why. I just keep paying the 1 helmet for no damage if I win and I keep winning. I also pay a helmet to get 2x fame. That combo means I level faster, I don't get damage and I recoup my helmets when I compete series. I've upgrade practically nothing, 1 level suspension, braking and tires I think. That said I'm only level 48 so career wise I'm way behind. Hehe.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Later you'll run into races that REQUIRE a certain Performance rating, and you can't achieve it without vehicle upgrades. Some may even require full upgrades.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Gotcha. I'll be thankful the lemans ones are what they are then. Oh and 4 hours until race time. So damned excited!
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver level 112.2, 62 cars out of 91. R$=815K and Gold=278

Managed to put in quite a bit of upgrades into the 919 Hybrid... at least the ones without gold. Not cheap when they're like 115K each. :) Could have bought the MacLaren F1 with all the money I put in so far. :D But this thing goes around the corner like on rails. Sometimes the AI can out accelerate it, but this car can do 225 MPH on a straight that's long enough (can be done on LeMans), and if I take the corners carefully I can still eek out a win. Endurance, however, seems to be quite easy to finish at least one lap. Twice now I've managed to do 12-16 miles on Endurance at LeMans, as I manage to catch cars slowing WAY down for corners and get that extra seconds.

Just finished stage 4 of 7. Now comes "stay on the track" but the car needs 2 hours of repairs. :)

EDIT: Tried 3 times this "stay on track" 3 lap race (3 full laps of winning AND never go off the track?!) Twice went off the track somewhere, restarted. Third time finished, but was like 5 seconds behind one AI guy. Now the car needs another 2 hours of repairs. Argh!

EDIT: Repaired, tried again. I thought I didn't leave the course (came close a couple times, so I thought), won the 3 lap race. Only to see "incomplete". Apparently I *did* leave the track at one point. Another 2 hour wait! ARGH!
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Completed days events. Hit my sub 3 minute goal... 2 59 607. Not by much but I'll take it! All upgrades at 1 except drivetrain and brakes at 2. That 3 lap without going off track took me three tries. I could win without issue so it wasn't costing me wear and tear since I always hire the mechanic guy. Once I passed that I was pleased until event 6 came up. 3 laps, not going off track BUT you have to finish third! Grrr. So hiring the mechanic is useless! Thankfully I managed it on the second try (aborted first try early) but it was touch and go. P2 and P3 keep very close to each other so I had to sandwich myself in there while staying on track! Quite a few harrowing moments in the Porsche curves! Last event is a simple elimination. 3 hours until final events are there. Can't wait to see tomorrow! Good luck KC! You can do it!
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

My precious! Not the hardest tier but 2 levels gave me a but of hardship. No aids, the car was a handful, had to restart 4 or 5 times and used helmets on a repair but finally got through. The other level was reaching 365kph. As you can imagine with a 1 engine you really need a good run up and exit to the Mulsanne straight. I reached 365 at the 100 meter mark... lol. Broke, body slammed the barrier, car was trashed but I blocked the hell out of p2 and won. Final event is a 10 lapper. Nothing hard, just long. Completed it in 30 minutes 3 seconds. If I'd known I was that close, I would have cut a corner to make it sub 30!
Pb 2 57 683 legal. Lot more there if I upgraded more but for now, that was a fun set of challenges!

Endurance kings here I come!
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

D***it! Just raced again, placed 2nd, so my ace mechanic won't even repair my car for that gold piece I spent. Need to wait ANOTHER 2 hours. Somehow these guys are doing 9:30 for 3 laps AND stayed on the track at all times. I can do 9:35.

EDIT: F***! Failed AGAIN! Ran off the track in the 2nd lap, restarted. In the first lap I tangled with a car at the 2nd roundabout, but I left the pack behind... only to realize I actually finished 2nd. Some guy did a 9:17 (I did 9:35 again).

This time, I'm going WiFi off. (and I'm saving cloud progress so I can "restore" rather than waste 2 hours)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Okay, used cloud progress restore and wifi off, FINALLY did that "not get off the track" win!

Tried to save in the cloud, says I can't, so I went off and did the Suzuka / BMW M3 ALMS money run. Managed to do 1:39.261, which is a new lap record for me.

Now I can save. :) Time to do stage 6 and 7...

EDIT: Stage 6 complete. Get 3rd, but still not get off the track. Whew! Now the car properly needs 2 hours of repairs. With all that out of the way, winning should be decently easy... if the computer aren't like crazy fast. Those Toyotas have some serious horsepower... They are pulling AWAY from me in the straights, but I beat them in the curves.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

What's with the Wi-Fi off thing? Yeah, the corners is where you make up time for sure.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

tjg_marantz wrote:What's with the Wi-Fi off thing? Yeah, the corners is where you make up time for sure.
WiFi off means no Time-Shift multiplayer, just AI and they have much worse capabilities. :)
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Ah. Guess I could have tried that a couple times! Good luck finishing the tasks!
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Dang it... 1 lap, no collision, no going off the track, and STILL WIN?!?!?! Tried this like 15 times already.

EDIT: Made it! Had one hard bump, but somehow it didn't count as collision? Whatever. I'll take a win any way I can.

Also finished the endurance and the "hit 225 mph".

Was doing the final 10 lap. I was on lap 5 when my Kindle ran out of juice. WTF?!?!?!?!?! :grund: :grund: :grund: I was actually plugged in at the time! :doh:
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Finished. Whew, finally. Got the car. Hey, what happened to all my upgrades? :cry: I put like almost a million bucks into that thing!

Ended up with 1.8 mil and 320 gold. I was feeding gold to the mechanic to keep the car running race after race, had to beat the deadline. Oh, and I took the Kindle to a 1.2 A charger so it can charge AND run the game at the same time. :)

Bought the Ford GT40 GT1. Was thinking about the MacLaren F1, but that's more of an after thought. I think I want another 500K in the bank before going that way. May get started on the GT1 championship next.

Audi E-Tron cost 4 mil, and the Toyota cost 1000 Gold, darn. :)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

That's weird, there's no car unlocking in the Endurance Kings, yet I got that "one-time 20% discount" offer for the Audi E-Tron. (4 mil discounted to 3.2 mil). Sorry, but I don't have 3.2 mil lying around. :) And surely not 1000 gold pieces for the Toyota, even with 20% discount to 800.

Playing the GT1 series. Just got the 25% completion bonus, decided I want to play some other series for a while. I had 1.45 mil, decided to buy the MacLaren F1. That leaves me about 150K. I need to save up 500K to buy that other GT-R if I want progress further in this series. :) But that just takes a few days. How much does the Lambo GT1 cost in gold?

Maybe I should go play endurance kings for a while longer.

Do any of you buy a third mechanic? I don't see a big reason to spend 50 gold, but I do have like over 300 now...
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Third mechanic? I think I only have one
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Got my game back, hooray..too late for LeMans, boo...got offered the 919 for half price, hooray..turned it down, boo.

Lost daily bonus, will have to start working up to it again.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Weird, must be a glitch in the cloud savegame, but I now have...
Driver level 116.4, 65 cars out of 91, R$ 1.587M, 328 Gold.

I bought the MacLaren F1, so I should have a lot less money, but I'll keep it! :) That means I can afford BOTH of the GT1's on the menu. Strangely, both of them only cost R$, not gold.

Oh, I see. They refunded the upgrades I put into the 919 hybrid but somehow didn't persist when I "won" the car. Hah.

WAIT A MINUTE, now I have 2.564M and 338 gold!

Argh... What to do, what to do. Should I buy the two GT1 cars? Or should I try to buy the Pagani Huayra? Or both? :) Why wan't I offered a discount for the Lambo Mucielago R-SV GT1? Hah. I'll buy the Lambo Mucielago GT1 for the GT1. When I unlock the other Nissan GT-R I'll buy that. Do NOT advance in 12+ Cyl Slam so I can keep the 20% discount for Huayra or Veyron if I ever get that much money again. Right now I have enough money to upgrade the 919 (not doing that well in Eudurance kings), fixing 2 cars, upgrading the Zonda F (try to finish the Vanguard challenge) and upgrading the Lambo GT1 (while it's being delivered). Keeping a million on the bank for that other GT-R.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Did all of the above. Spent all that $R on cars and upgrades.

Driver level 116.5, 67 cars out of 91. 466K and 338 gold

Spent the money on buying the Lambo Murcielago GT1 and upgrades (6 more hours for full level 2 upgrade), buying the other Nissan GT-R, (being delivered), Upgrades for the Zonda F (trying to get higher in Vanguard), and save up enough money for the Huayra and Veyron (it'll take a LONG while), as they're well over 1 million each. Also had some upgrades for the 919 hybrid for the Endurance King series.

In GT1 I just got my FIRST defeat because I tangled with another car on the first lap of 4 on mount panorama. I "spun" him, but he managed to drag me out into the sand trap area. Lost like 10 places. By the time I got back the 1st place is too far gone so I managed 2nd.

Current plan is play GT1 and the 2 series below that, as I have all the vehicles for all three. Hopefully there are not too many required upgrades that takes too much gold. Want to accumulate 400 gold to afford the Lexus LFA and maybe the 918 RSR for later as they are gold only cars, before jumping into the Ferrari series.

Previously got 77% on the Porsche series and decided it's enough. Doubt will spend any thing further in that series for the 2-3 gold only cars.
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Kasey Chang wrote:Did all of the above. Spent all that $R on cars and upgrades.

Driver level 116.5, 67 cars out of 91. 466K and 338 gold

Spent the money on buying the Lambo Murcielago GT1 and upgrades (6 more hours for full level 2 upgrade), buying the other Nissan GT-R, (being delivered), Upgrades for the Zonda F (trying to get higher in Vanguard), and save up enough money for the Huayra and Veyron (it'll take a LONG while), as they're well over 1 million each. Also had some upgrades for the 919 hybrid for the Endurance King series.

In GT1 I just got my FIRST defeat because I tangled with another car on the first lap of 4 on mount panorama. I "spun" him, but he managed to drag me out into the sand trap area. Lost like 10 places. By the time I got back the 1st place is too far gone so I managed 2nd.

Current plan is play GT1 and the 2 series below that, as I have all the vehicles for all three. Hopefully there are not too many required upgrades that takes too much gold. Want to accumulate 400 gold to afford the Lexus LFA and maybe the 918 RSR for later as they are gold only cars, before jumping into the Ferrari series.

Previously got 77% on the Porsche series and decided it's enough. Doubt will spend any thing further in that series for the 2-3 gold only cars.
don't buy the 918 rsr or the lfa, you will unlock lfa and ferrari by completing gt1, and rsr is pretty useless.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Thinking about it. It'll be a while before I finish GT1. Just hit 50%.

"Accidentally" opened up the Huayra in 12+ CYL Slam, missed the 20% off. Oh well, it'll come back around, I'm sure.

The new Nissan JR Motorsports GT-R GT1 is delivered but having no upgrades it's not qualified to run in anything. :D The Lambo Murcielago is upgraded to level 2 across the board and should be a contender, but right now my mechanics are occupied.
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Kasey Chang wrote:Thinking about it. It'll be a while before I finish GT1. Just hit 50%.

"Accidentally" opened up the Huayra in 12+ CYL Slam, missed the 20% off. Oh well, it'll come back around, I'm sure.

The new Nissan JR Motorsports GT-R GT1 is delivered but having no upgrades it's not qualified to run in anything. :D The Lambo Murcielago is upgraded to level 2 across the board and should be a contender, but right now my mechanics are occupied.
Don't unlock Lexus lfa in the series below accolade, and don't buy it in the showcase (which won't give you the discount) because my brother might be wrong about the ferrari-and-lfa-unlocked-after-gt1 thing
If you have to buy it, buy it in the series below accolade
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver 117.5, 67 out of 91 cars. 70K and 366 gold. :) Yep, spent all the R$.

Vanguard Challenge at 81%. Will try to get it to 100%, but not a priority.

12+ CYL Slam at 32%, but very low priority. Trying to preserve the Veyron discount, as I need to save up some money for the Huayra.

Legend Continues at 77% and not going any further. Any further upgrades cost gold, gold, and gold.

GT1 at 53%, mainly limited by amount of repairs needed, as I seem to need one after every race. Have all four cars, so will go for 100% eventually, but 75% now.

High Rev Rush at 32%, have all 3 cars, again, limited by repairs.

Global GT Clash @ 25% 2 of 4 cars in repair. Have to take a break as car will be in the shop for 3 hours. :)
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Ok...back up and running...

49% completed...Finally finished off Accolade open and 100% Prestige powermatch,

89% Aston Exp. (all cars)
40% Open Sky (all cars)
NEW Euro supercar, SLS purchased..

Still not unlocked the LFA in the V10 grand tourer..stilll hoping it turns up discounted..I'm not sure why as I've blown a bunch of Gold recently on the two Open Wheelers and the Aston.

Vital stats currently lvl. 101, R$5.5mil, Gold 708, 58 cars

Decided I'm going to buy the Toyota from Endurance kings as a present to myself when I hit R$10 mil., shouldn't be thaaat far away as I have three open series (and should open tourer supremacy in the next few days) and only the continental supersports to buy...we'll see.
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Bob2567 (4 rr3) wrote:
Kasey Chang wrote:Thinking about it. It'll be a while before I finish GT1. Just hit 50%.

Don't unlock Lexus lfa in the series below accolade, and don't buy it in the showcase (which won't give you the discount) because my brother might be wrong about the ferrari-and-lfa-unlocked-after-gt1 thing
If you have to buy it, buy it in the series below accolade
Correction!!!: buy lfa under accolade when given 20% discount, my brother was bullshitting me when he told me ferrari and lfa showcase are unlocked after gt1. Save yourself some gold! Also, I've heard that you can get a few gold upgrades on the ferrari 458s and in that way, skip having to buy the gold ferraris.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver Level 119.4, 68 out of 91 cars. 168K R$ and 304 Gold.

Yes, I bought the Lexus LFA. No, I didn't get a discount. I unlocked it LONG time ago. :) I beat all the races with the Audi R8 except the two Lexus showcase races. And with the Lexus I got the 100% completion. I got a couple completion bonuses so my gold didn't go down that far.

GT1 @ 79%, should be able to hit 100%
High-Rev Rush @ 54%, need to upgrade the McLaren F1, which is a bit loose in the tail when pushed. Didn't like it that much.
Global GT Clash @ 60%. The BMW M3 GT2 ALMS is unstoppable... mostly, even at fewer upgrades.

Did my money race, the final race at Accolade at Silverstone Suzuka, and finally ran into a formidable opponent through TSM

The guy's up front in a 918 RSR Concept, full black, and I'm in my M3 GT2 ALMS. I pulled into top ten in a couple corners, and up to 6th by end of lap one, but the next couple places was difficult. I worked my way up through the pack, cutting off one opponent here, another there. By lap 3 I realized that car is almost as fast as I am, faster on straights, slower on corners. I went full time attack and manage to get behind him right on lap 4, and finally got past him on that sharp right-hander just before the turnabout. Actually, I had to force him off the track, which forced him to slow down and I gained about 50 yards. However, after the turnabout and that huge left-hander he's almost caught me a few times, but I managed to keep him behind me throughout the final lap. :)

I'll upload the video in a wee bit.

EDIT: the 5-lap grudge match is uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c0FQXqeoAE
Last edited by Kasey Chang on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Kasey Chang wrote:Driver Level 119.4, 68 out of 91 cars. 168K R$ and 304 Gold.

Yes, I bought the Lexus LFA. No, I didn't get a discount. I unlocked it LONG time ago. :) I beat all the races with the Audi R8 except the two Lexus showcase races. And with the Lexus I got the 100% completion. I got a couple completion bonuses so my gold didn't go down that far.

GT1 @ 79%, should be able to hit 100%
High-Rev Rush @ 54%, need to upgrade the McLaren F1, which is a bit loose in the tail when pushed. Didn't like it that much.
Global GT Clash @ 60%. The BMW M3 GT2 ALMS is unstoppable... mostly, even at fewer upgrades.

Did my money race, the final race at Accolade at Silverstone, and finally ran into a formidable opponent through TSM

The guy's up front in a 918 RSR Concept, full black, and I'm in my M3 GT2 ALMS. I pulled into top ten in a couple corners, and up to 6th by end of lap one, but the next couple places was difficult. I worked my way up through the pack, cutting off one opponent here, another there. By lap 3 I realized that car is almost as fast as I am, faster on straights, slower on corners. I went full time attack and manage to get behind him right on lap 4, and finally got past him on that sharp right-hander just before the turnabout. Actually, I had to force him off the track, which forced him to slow down and I gained about 50 yards. However, after the turnabout and that huge left-hander he's almost caught me a few times, but I managed to keep him behind me throughout the final lap. :)

I'll upload the video in a wee bit.

EDIT: the 5-lap grudge match is uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c0FQXqeoAE
DAMN IT! Feelings so mixed right now... The devs gave me back my missing 919, but I just found out I must buy at least 1 gold upgrade to fully complete gt1. AAARGJSHHSDRJKEJXN :grund: :cry: :mrgreen: :lol: :binky:
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

You will need at least one, if not two gold upgrades to finish GT1. That PR rating requirement (66) means you have to upgrade the Mucielago with gold.

Driver level 119.9, 68 out of 91 cars. Currently 265K and 215 gold. Yes, I spent some of that gold on the Mucielago upgrade myself. And some of the money went to upgrade the Zonda F in attempt to finish Vanguard, though it's a lower priority.

Right now the priority is Global GT Clash @ 69%. Just had an epic battle between my Z4 (GT3) and a Nissan GT-R GT1. :) I almost beat him. I was LESS than a second behind him. I know I can beat him with my M3 GT2 ALMS. Target is 75%.

Next priority is High-Rev Rush @ 54%, with goal of 75%. My Aventador has only 7 out of 24 upgrades, and only PR of 54.6. As the "endgame" of the series requires 66 or 67, it'll probably have to be the Mucielago GT1. Even the McLaren F1 at 12/20 upgrades has only PR of 61.6. But will have to race those too for the specialized events like drag racing.

Left the Lexus and Ferrari events alone for now. Have the Lexus LFA and did upgrade it a bit, but it's actually pretty *bad* handling at Dubai. For a "halo car" it's not as nice as the Aston Martin Vantage V12 with the upgrades. :)

Trying to save up some R$ but most of that goes right back into upgrades. Those are getting ridiculously expensive.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Kasey Chang wrote:

Left the Lexus and Ferrari events alone for now. Have the Lexus LFA and did upgrade it a bit, but it's actually pretty *bad* handling at Dubai. For a "halo car" it's not as nice as the Aston Martin Vantage V12 with the upgrades. :)
What's a halo car?
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

blahbot wrote: What's a halo car?
The ULTIMATE car for the brand, the ultimate luxury, performance, whatever.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/halo+car

Corvette was Chevrolet's "halo car", for example. Cadillac would be the CTS-V. Toyota / Lexus halo car is clearly the LFA, and it's one amazing piece of tech... much like the GT-R was for Nissan.