Drazzil Mega Thread: Round table panel skills presentation +Took a home drug test for THC; failed at 45 days sobriety.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

naednek

Re: Drazzil mega thread: I think I got the job

Post by naednek »

McNutt wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:20 pm I have no clue what this job is. Are you selling your company's items inside another company's store? How does that work? What is an example of a big-ticket seasonal item? A fur coat? Summer vacation packages? Were you being vague because you don't want to mention it or because you don't really know what they sell?

So many questions.
I imagine it would be something like you'd see at a costco. Traeger Roadshows, carving knives, air conditioners, ladders etc..
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
DD*

Post by DD* »

naednek wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:19 pm
McNutt wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:20 pm I have no clue what this job is. Are you selling your company's items inside another company's store? How does that work? What is an example of a big-ticket seasonal item? A fur coat? Summer vacation packages? Were you being vague because you don't want to mention it or because you don't really know what they sell?

So many questions.
I imagine it would be something like you'd see at a costco. Traeger Roadshows, carving knives, air conditioners, ladders etc..
Drazzil and carving knives is not a comforting combination ;) :ninja:
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote:Here's your next month and a half.

Cal Poly Pomona Career Center Calendar

September 18, 2018
Resumaniac All Majors

September 20, 2018
Clothes Closet Open House 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Prep for Career Fair Workshop 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
It's almost as if people are the problem.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I'd be very cautious about accepting a commission-based sales job. From what I know of you, Drazzil, that does not seem like a good fit. Sales companies always promise the world and they rarely deliver. I've had several friends do that kind of thing and it's very stressful. With your anxiety, the last thing you need is a stressful job.
DD*

Post by DD* »

McNutt wrote:I'd be very cautious about accepting a commission-based sales job. From what I know of you, Drazzil, that does not seem like a good fit. Sales companies always promise the world and they rarely deliver. I've had several friends do that kind of thing and it's very stressful. With your anxiety, the last thing you need is a stressful job.
The Nigerian oil minister version of employment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

DD* wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:32 pm Drazzil and carving knives is not a comforting combination ;) :ninja:
Better start the research into emergency triage immediately just in case. :mrgreen:
Re-electing Biden is like the Titanic backing up to hit the iceberg again!
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

So many questions.
Sounds to me like it is the people you see in Costco doing product demonstrations.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I've never seen anyone in Costco demonstrating anything I would consider "big ticket" or seasonal. Maybe I've missed those though. I only see Vitamix and knives.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Vitamix machines are expensive.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

McNutt wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:33 pm I've never seen anyone in Costco demonstrating anything I would consider "big ticket" or seasonal. Maybe I've missed those though. I only see Vitamix and knives.
I've seen VitaMix and the various knives. They also have stuff like hot tubs, paintings, carpets. All sorts of rotating specialty stuff, really.

And, yes, VitaMix is expensive, but I have one that is 15 years old and still going strong. Its a beast, but using it to blend and heat soup is total BS - I like my soup as broth that has chunks of veggies, pasta, meat and such in it.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I'm not saying Vitamix isn't worth it. It's incredible. It's just expensive.

(We make blended foods for my son that go through his g-tube directly into his stomach. Before the Vitamix, we would have to put the blend through a fine mesh strainer to get out the bits and pieces (like raspberry seeds) that would get stuck at the end of the tube and block up the works. The Vitamix has removed that need. It will even pulverize raspberry seeds!!!)
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

My sister also uses a VitaMix to make food that goes into kids feeding tubes. My niece needs a feeding tube, and so do some others of her foster charges. She is an RN who specializes in foster/medical care of kids that have been separated from families that can't meet their medical needs. She usually has at least 2 in addition to her daughter (who she adopted off long-term foster care).
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Little Giant ladders are also totally worth the money, imo. Heavy, but just as flexible and extensible as they show on the infomercials. And they only cost 1/2 as much as a Vitamix!

Hmm, seems they don't sell the one I have anymore. My ladder days are numbered. :O
There is no hug button. Sad!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

killbot737 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:05 pm Little Giant ladders are also totally worth the money, imo. Heavy, but just as flexible and extensible as they show on the infomercials. And they only cost 1/2 as much as a Vitamix!
But can they juice a banana, peel and all?
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

You should bring your cats to the South Pole.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Drazzil

Re: Drazzil mega thread: Notice of lien. I'm fucked.

Post by Drazzil »

And I just got the notice of lien for the entire amount of the lien plus another five thousand on top.

l am *SO* fucked.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Well that is perfectly descriptive. Lien on what? Weren't you shopping for housing? How can you have a lien on something you don't have?

Note to self, why do you get involved...

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

:lol: We are supposed to just know these things.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Moliere wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:27 pm

You should bring your cats to the South Pole.
Raytheon is a better source for full-time or seasonal work.
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

How do I hide the money?
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

What money? :?:

What lien?

What's Happening?
There is no hug button. Sad!
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

No I mean, how the fuck do I hide this shit and keep it safe?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Drazzil, we cannot answer your questions until you tell us, coherently, what the situation is. You're asking us about things where we only have 10% of the information.

Tell us a story.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:21 pm Drazzil, we cannot answer your questions until you tell us, coherently, what the situation is. You're asking us about things where we only have 10% of the information.

Tell us a story.
We would love to, in the other thread.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:21 pm Drazzil, we cannot answer your questions until you tell us, coherently, what the situation is. You're asking us about things where we only have 10% of the information.

Tell us a story.
Kriminal Sopina
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

:D
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Tell us a story.
The other thread is more than two months old. Most people don't remember the details, and a lot of people with good ideas don't want to wade through multiple pages trying to put the story together.

Give us a brief summary, then tell us - again, coherently - what just happened.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:06 pm How do I hide the money?
Buried in the back yard.
Stuffed in a mattress.
Converted to bitcoin.

How much are you talking about? Jeff V's secret Cayman account might be an excellent option.
Last edited by Jeff V on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I'm struggling to think of any positive scenario that starts out with this as a baseline.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:25 pm
I'm struggling to think of any positive scenario that starts out with this as a baseline.
It does sound an awful lot like the seed for a game of Fiasco.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:34 pm
Drazzil wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Tell us a story.
The other thread is more than two months old. Most people don't remember the details, and a lot of people with good ideas don't want to wade through multiple pages trying to put the story together.

Give us a brief summary, then tell us - again, coherently - what just happened.
I filed suit against my old employer won a small settlement. New car money not new house money. I told lawyer beforehand I was on short term disability. I told him of the situation.

Turns out you cant collect SDI on time in which you later file for a settlement. SDI pays for short term non work related disability. I find out *if* you later get a settlement
for the same time you get shafted. Turns out slimeball lawyer didnt fuckin tell me that part cause he wanted a quick payday and I just got notified that fucking the state wants the whole goddamn pot.

So yeah. I gotta bend over and give the state my whole pot or find a way to goddamn hide the money.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ah, so you got paid twice for the same thing, and one of them wants it back. Got it.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

...and you're hoping we have some ideas about how to shaft the taxpayers of CA?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And it really, really sucks. It really does. Somebody, somewhere should have made it clear to you from an ethical (but not legal) standpoint. The good question now, though, is "How do I recover from this?" not "How do I commit an obvious and transparent felony that is guaranteed make the situation worse?"

And you can recover.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Kraken wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:58 pm ...and you're hoping we have some ideas about how to shaft the taxpayers of CA?
Umm... Do you think if I had known it was a repeating payment I would have taken it? It was a goddamned poison pill. And you guys are right. That being said. multiple laws were broken by others to get to this befucked point, and I'll be goddamned if I'm the one who is going to walk away penniless and covered in shit. I'm going to have to explore multiple options here.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:18 pm And it really, really sucks. It really does. Somebody, somewhere should have made it clear to you from an ethical (but not legal) standpoint. The good question now, though, is "How do I recover from this?" not "How do I commit an obvious and transparent felony that is guaranteed make the situation worse?"

And you can recover.
No. I have always been the one fucked. Im not losing my life savings and seven years work over a slimy lawyer and the fucking state. I wont bend over this time. Not if I have to steal, commit fraud, burn the money, or set myself on fire in the goddamn courtroom. I won't give it up. Somehow I dont care if I gotta die doing it. Im keeping the fucking money.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

This mail wasent sent certified. I have not been "notified" of the lien yet.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Which gives me time to react.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:45 pm I filed suit against my old employer won a small settlement. New car money not new house money. I told lawyer beforehand I was on short term disability. I told him of the situation.

Turns out you cant collect SDI on time in which you later file for a settlement. SDI pays for short term non work related disability. I find out *if* you later get a settlement
for the same time you get shafted. Turns out slimeball lawyer didnt fuckin tell me that part cause he wanted a quick payday and I just got notified that fucking the state wants the whole goddamn pot.

So yeah. I gotta bend over and give the state my whole pot or find a way to goddamn hide the money.
Hiding the funds won't solve your problem. If you have a Notice of Lien, you're still going to have to repay the amount a judge has decided you owe.

If the funds are in your bank account and the state has a bank levy against you, it may well be a moot point; in that case, your account may remain frozen until the bank pays what you owe from the funds remaining in the account. Either way, your best bet at this stage would be to consider working with a debt relief counselor (i.e. start with the nonprofit National Foundation for Credit Counseling) to put together a payment plan proposal or settlement amount offer to settle the debt. Otherwise you risk making an already precarious situation a whole lot worse.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Isgrimnur

Drazzil mega thread: Notice of lien. I'm fucked.

Post by Isgrimnur »

“Your honor, exhibit A. “

Please include me in the printout, mister lawyers.
It's almost as if people are the problem.