2024 Fundraising - $1001 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

JUSTIFIED ON FX!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

WarPig

Re: JUSTIFIED ON FX!

Post by WarPig »

hepcat wrote:Tim in any other show would be a throw away character that never rises above a cameo appearance each week. The writing and acting in Justified makes him one you WANT to see each week though. He definitely comes across as one badass mofo. I think it's the self deprecating, quiet demeanor more than anything. You just KNOW that guy can kick pretty much everyone's ass.
I know that's a bit of a generalization...he was AMAZING in Deadwood. Even with the cast of characters in that show, he owned every scene he was in, IMO. Again, we can attribute a lot of that to really good writing, but Tim really has his own gravitas.
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I think he meant the character Tim (is that the ex-Ranger's name) and not the actor
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Spoiler:
First time I've seen a blowtorch used to cauterize an amputation.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

IceBear wrote:I think he meant the character Tim (is that the ex-Ranger's name) and not the actor
Yup. He doesn't get a lot of screen time. But when he does, he just dominates the scene.
He won. Period.
WarPig

Post by WarPig »

hepcat wrote:
IceBear wrote:I think he meant the character Tim (is that the ex-Ranger's name) and not the actor
Yup. He doesn't get a lot of screen time. But when he does, he just dominates the scene.
Mea culpa, you are, of course, correct.
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

That's #1. Have the floodgates opened?
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

I am not reading this thread yet but all the pages and posts made me watch the season 4 premier and the episode after that. Since then my wife and I have bought the previous 3 seasons and are almost halfway through season 3 and it ha taken us about a month. We love the show. So glad other people have been watching it so I can devour over 3 years all at one time. It's going to be rough when we are finally caught up and have to wait for each episode. Great show.

One of the cool things is that the places that they talk about in the show is where my family is all from. You can tell it isn't filmed in Kentucky but it's still cool to hear a bunch of names you recognize.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

IceBear wrote:That's #1. Have the floodgates opened?
Spoiler:
Well, I did notice that while normally, Raylan only fires a single shot to take a baddie down, this time he fired off more than a couple. I think he was overcompensating :)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I really wanted to focus on the Raylan / Jody interaction (which was clearly going to end exactly how it did), but I was too enamored with Jackie Nevada. Good lord. I'm also guessing that Boyd isn't going to play nice. It's so awesome how everything is written in such a way that you can see all the ingredients going in to the various stories but you're just not quite sure how it will all come together.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

There's nothing like a group of rich deviant assholes who think their shit smells better than the unwashed folks in the holler to bring out the outrage in viewers. I hope the writers have Boyd going on a nice little rampage on these upstanding citizens of Harlan.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Cortilian wrote:I am not reading this thread yet but all the pages and posts made me watch the season 4 premier and the episode after that. Since then my wife and I have bought the previous 3 seasons and are almost halfway through season 3 and it ha taken us about a month. We love the show. So glad other people have been watching it so I can devour over 3 years all at one time. It's going to be rough when we are finally caught up and have to wait for each episode. Great show.

One of the cool things is that the places that they talk about in the show is where my family is all from. You can tell it isn't filmed in Kentucky but it's still cool to hear a bunch of names you recognize.

If you notice in Season 2 every episode has a bottle of Ale-8-One hidden somewhere in the show. That's authenticity down to details that only locals would know or recognize. I haven't noticed the Ale-8 this year, but I haven't exactly been looking for it either.
FTE
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I finally realized that the cadence of the dialog on Justified reminds me a lot of a Mamet play. It's very rapid fire but deliberate.

And yes, I am also now in love with one Ms. Jackie Nevada.
He won. Period.
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

I'm watching many Googled Timothy things. So, not only is it good posture but it's the confidence of the individual that matters in regards to attraction. My husband asked me tonight, "What is it about him?" First I said, "Haven't you been reading OO? Even the guys are falling in lust!" then I mentioned the posture and confidence. Watching many things Timothy on Google, I noticed that he wears jewelry... bracelets and such which I interpret as being confidant. Fellas, shoes matter! Don't think for a second that we don't look at shoes, cause we do. We want you to take as much time as we do in getting ready, really we do :)
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It's the hat. Man wears a hat like that and he's either a total clown or a complete bad-ass. It's also his facial expressions when holding severed arms and dodging impromptu flamethrowers.
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Point taken Smoove but keep in mind the posture and cowboy boots are still in effect.
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I didn't pick up on the posture thing until long after it mattered. But cowboy boots? That's a lifestyle. One does not simply wear cowboy boots.
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Beg to differ about the lifestyle. I'll tell you that I stand taller and adjust my attitude when wearing boots. Give the boots a try for a few weeks, see what happens.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Does this feeling cover all types of boots?

He won. Period.
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

I just don't have a witty comeback... you win. BUT to answer your question, "No, it does not apply to all types of boots." With the exception of Miley Cyrus cowboy boots should help ones shoulders to roll back. Mr. Bootsy is slightly hunched and don't believe a change of boot style will improve... anything.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

What about Ted's rest cowboy boots from How I Met Your Mother? :-)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I would pay to see Raylen shoot Ted in a very special episode of How I Met Your Mother.

...actually, I'd be fine with Raylen shooting the entire cast of How I Met Your Mother....with the notable exception of Barney.
He won. Period.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

hepcat wrote:I would pay to see Raylen shoot Ted in a very special episode of How I Met Your Mother.

...actually, I'd be fine with Raylen shooting the entire cast of How I Met Your Mother....with the notable exception of Barney.
Same :-) I find it ironic that the least gay male character on that show is played by NPH
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

JUSTIFIED!

Whew! Finally!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Amazon just added all four seasons to their instant video service. The first three stream from free with Prime.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

That's 2 in 2 episodes.

Mental note reinforcement, never to try to draw on Raylan
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:( I can't believe
Spoiler:
Arlo's gone. I honestly thought he'd outlive Raylen.
Watching Boyd outmaneuver everyone who thought they were his masters was fantastic. I'm really happy with the way his story is turning out this season. However, if I lose Duffy and his amazing facial reactions I will be pissed.
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

After seeing "the haircut scene", Arlo is the scariest motherfucker of them all.
Spoiler:
Well was anyway...
How many shots did Raylan take in that episode? Were they saving their bullet budget for the last half of the season? :lol:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The shooting towards the end of the episode was so hectic I wasn't sure what was going on. I'd like to watch it again in slow mo to see just who got off the first shot.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

My impression was that it was the same as with Jody. I *think* Jody actually managed to fire first, however Raylan just doesn't miss. It's one thing to draw quick - it's another to actually hit your mark. Reminds me of Unforgiven in that sense.
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Okay, so was that like the boot episode or what! Lots of boots in there. :twisted:

I agree the episode needs another watchin'. Very chuckful of things. The writers are doing such a good job and the actors are doing such a good job... Great TV
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Smoove_B wrote:Amazon just added all four seasons to their instant video service. The first three stream from free with Prime.
Awesome. This will be one of my next items on my to-watch list.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Smoove_B wrote:My impression was that it was the same as with Jody. I *think* Jody actually managed to fire first, however Raylan just doesn't miss. It's one thing to draw quick - it's another to actually hit your mark. Reminds me of Unforgiven in that sense.
I LOL'd when Raylan said something to the effect afterwards of "I sure hope I just did the right thing". :wink:
-mf
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That line should be Raylen's catch phrase, considering how many times it's been true of his actions.
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Well...heck
Spoiler:
I had a thought last week when Shelby kept showing up in the last few episodes but wasn't directly taking on Boyd that maybe HE was Drew Thompson. Then I shook my head, chuckled and said, "Nah, that would be too much. They introduced him in a previous season."

I should have known that Justified doesn't go the easy route. :lol:

I'm guessing we'll see some flashbacks or other shout outs to previous episodes in which we see how Shelby's past was hinted at.
He won. Period.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I am not surprised. I pretty much was thinking he was the past few episodes
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Everyone had great dialog tonight and the episode went by too fast. And Art's soliloquy on the awesomeness of Drew Thompson had me laughing out loud.

In response to the suggestion that they notify the State Police, Art replies...
Hell no. First thing we're gonna do is acknowledge that this guy is awesome. First he shoots Theo Tonin, fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion, pushes a guy out of an airplane while he's flying it, parachutes into Harlan County with enough coke and cash to jumpstart the economy of a small country, and then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement not once, but two times. He spends a couple of days ridin' around with you (points to Raylan) while you're lookin' for him, and now he's run off with a hooker that's half his age. That's some badass shit.
As for the end where Raylan said that they just have to get out of Harlan alive, it doesn't sound good for someone if y'all know how the song goes...
Black lives matter!

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yeah, Art's speech on Drew Thompson was a highlight of the season. I especially liked the pause at the end of Art's diatribe and the eventual agreement by Raylen about Drew's awesomeness. :lol:
He won. Period.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Yeah, great dialogue there.

Looks like there may be some "justified" shootings next week as things look like they're going to get pretty hot.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He won. Period.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Awesome.
Hodor.