The Parasite -GAME OVER-Town wins

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Re: The Parasite -Night 2

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:You mean Remus and Me? I think that's it.... although I was part of your "please kill me" band wagon at the start.... :roll:
I really thought I had Newcastle this time. I'm starting to think the wolves are more obvious.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

You know I'm trying to figure out what advantage you as infected might get from a Berserker charge on Day 1 spoofing the Protector, Scoop? Being able to block the Seer, draw out the Protector and set up the Berserker might be the high risk, high reward play you love.
"A lie can run round the world before the truth has got its boots on." -Terry Pratchett, The Truth
"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it." -Terry Pratchett, Monstrous Regiment
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Zarathud wrote:You know I'm trying to figure out what advantage you as infected might get from a Berserker charge on Day 1 spoofing the Protector, Scoop? Being able to block the Seer, draw out the Protector and set up the Berserker might be the high risk, high reward play you love.
You think the baddies are going to try and take another run at me tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote:
Zarathud wrote:Infected might be able to block a scan of Scoop. The Seer should instead scan someone who called for Scoop to be scanned.
That's a good point to bring up. I HIGHLY doubt that someone picked that role - but true enough.

I assume that the 2 minions picked: Zerker and Scanner
What role did the Alpha pick?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Zarathud wrote:You know I'm trying to figure out what advantage you as infected might get from a Berserker charge on Day 1 spoofing the Protector, Scoop? Being able to block the Seer, draw out the Protector and set up the Berserker might be the high risk, high reward play you love.
Now THIS is trying too hard.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Now THIS is trying too hard.
I don't think so. I'm pretty show the wolves were on my bandwagon which fizzled. Why won't they try again tomorrow? Its WIN-WIN-WIN if they can get my killed during the day because I doubt they are going to want to waste a night kill on an unpowered villager.

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

It is night and if your name isn't El G, you probably shouldn't be posting too hard. El G, however, should post any of his last thoughts since he is most likely to get it tonight.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Holman wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Zarathud wrote:Infected might be able to block a scan of Scoop. The Seer should instead scan someone who called for Scoop to be scanned.
That's a good point to bring up. I HIGHLY doubt that someone picked that role - but true enough.

I thought the alpha role was being the alpha?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

nevermind he does select a role.
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:It is night and if your name isn't El G, you probably shouldn't be posting too hard. El G, however, should post any of his last thoughts since he is most likely to get it tonight.
Wait a minute...
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Is "it" a fabulous prize?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

But seriously, I don't have any information that's not available to everyone else here. I supported lynching Scoop on day 1 as a low risk high reward option, but that may not make sense day 2 as more information becomes available. Otherwise, my recommendation would be to lynch the wolves and to not lynch the seer.

Oh, and my other thought is that fortune cookies are bullshit.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:But seriously, I don't have any information that's not available to everyone else here. I supported lynching Scoop on day 1 as a low risk high reward option, but that may not make sense day 2 as more information becomes available. Otherwise, my recommendation would be to lynch the wolves and to not lynch the seer.

Oh, and my other thought is that fortune cookies are bullshit.
I agree with what I, er HE, is saying here.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Vorret wrote:
Holman wrote:
Unagi wrote:

I thought the alpha role was being the alpha?
I missed that too.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Man, I don't believe either of you guys. I smell a con.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:Man, I don't believe either of you guys. I smell a con.
Yeah, I almost didn't share my reply because I thought someone would say that.
Still - it's honest, and should be taken as proof that I'm not a wolf.
:wink:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Holman wrote:Man, I don't believe either of you guys. I smell a con.
Oh come on, I'm always super honest!
Isgrimnur wrote:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Vorret wrote:Oh come on, I'm a conniving moose riding Canadian, eh! You're right not to trust me, eh.
Thanks for being super honest. Appreciated.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Man can you imagine if we had Moose cavalry how intense wars would have been back in the days.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Vorret wrote:Man can you imagine if we had Moose cavalry how intense wars would have been back in the days.
You didn't? I could have sworn U.S. textbooks said the only reason you won the War of 1812 is because of the moose cavalry.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The funny thing is the wolves almost never have the courage to interact with each other much during a game.

Which is why I always try to make sure my teammates get killed. :twisted:

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Another rule with the exception of you, Scoop.
"A lie can run round the world before the truth has got its boots on." -Terry Pratchett, The Truth
"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it." -Terry Pratchett, Monstrous Regiment
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Y'all sure are chatty at "night".
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Morning-Day 2

As everyone gathers at the town center, dark clouds begin to gather on the horizon. A storm was approaching. Grundbegriff begins directing everyone into the Council Hall. “Come on everyone, get in before it starts raining.” As the last one enters Grundbegriff’s realizes two are missing. He looks around for El Guapo. Just as he feared, he is missing. “Who is missing besides El Guapo?”

A murmur starts through the crowd. “I don’t see Scoop,” Zarathud blurts out.

About that time there is a banging at the door. Moliere rushes over and sees a wet Scoop through the glass. Moliere unlatches the door.

Scoop rushes in. “El Guapo’s dead. Found him face down on the sidewalk. I thought his face was ripped up but he had landed into this cup of Moe’s salsa.” Scoop holds up the crushed cup. “Not sure if this is a clue or not so I brought it along.”

“It’s the parasites. I think we all know they killed him.” Punisher says. “he probably was just eating the salsa when he died.”

Scoop nods, “Yea, probably so.” He licks his finger. “Hmmm, I think it’s the El Guapo flavored salsa.”

Someone in the crowd snickers.
Last edited by Lassr on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Vorret----------
2 Holman--------
3 BB2112---------
4 Scoop----------
5 Archinerd-----
6 Zarathud-------
7 Punisher-------
8 Unagi-----------
9 Remus West---
10 RMC------------
11 Grundbegriff--
12 Moliere--------
Targets ----------- Voters
( )--- ---
( )--- ---
( )--- ---
( )---
( )---
( )--- ---

Deaths
Newcastle---- Peace out
El Guapo----- Salsaed

Majority = 7
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Re: The Parasite -Day 2

Post by RMC »

Well that was predictable anyway. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Least surprising murder ever.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Never let Scoop out of your sight. And don't feed him after midnight.

Scoop 

My reasons should be no surprise. I'll step off if Scoop was scanned or otherwise proves his innocence.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 

Holman

Post by Holman »

Dammit. I don't know whether I want the Seer to reveal or not. All we would learn is whether Scoop (presumably) is Wolf or Villager. We wouldn't get a read on whether he's the Berzerker.

Holding off voting on Scoop for discussion.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop is Scoop. I say hold off on voting for him, and look for someone else today.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

okay this is dumb as fuck we don't vote for Scoop since he could be the beserker and now morliere and zeerteethud are voting for him?
Is this real life?
Isgrimnur wrote:
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Resolving Scoop made more sense to me than Newcastle. I still don't understand waiting to kill a likely wolf early in the game. The longer we wait, the better the berserker can target. The greater odds of losing the shooter to a night kill.

But if you have a better target, speak up. I'm sure the others want to hear.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Part of the deal for leaving Scoop alive was so he could be scanned instead. It's a waste of day if we lynch him today.
 Punisher 

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

When choosing between a random villager (statistically more likely to hit an innocent) and a likely wolf I choose the wolf, even if he might be a Berserker.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Archinerd wrote:Part of the deal for leaving Scoop alive was so he could be scanned instead. It's a waste of day if we lynch him today.
 Punisher 

I agree to the first part of your statement, but not the last line... so..
 Archinerd 

All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, Newcastle was a miss. Zarathud and Moliere are still beating on the Scoop drum even when the rest of the village said to let that mess sit for a minute. Would a wolf be that forward and unrelenting to go after Scoop so soon after we collectively said no and went a different way? I am thinking probably not. Misguided villagers with only one thought in their heads, maybe.

I would like to look at those that were on the Scoop vote and then moved. But I will have to look later. I'm pretty busy at work right now.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote:Well that was predictable anyway. :)
Well, the wolves did not deviate from their kill, which means they didn't find the seer night one. So the seer should now have 2 scans.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

bb2112 wrote:
RMC wrote:Well that was predictable anyway. :)
Well, the wolves did not deviate from their kill, which means they didn't find the seer night one. So the seer should now have 2 scans.
but does that mean it's worth the seer coming out? I'd think no, unless the seer happened to get 2 wolf scans in a row...
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Holman

Post by Holman »

Thinking out loud again...

The seer will have two scans already. If one's a Wolf, a shooter (hopefully) could come out and kill them, and then we would have three provens (Seer, Shooter, remaining scan) in a field of 11 players (9/2) before today's lynch.

However, suppose the Seer found Scoop to be a Villager? We would have three provens (Seer, Scoop, remaining scan) in a field of 12 (10/2) prior to the lynch, and we would also have another Special still hidden. We would avoid the mistake of lynching Scoop, at least.

I'm not sure those odds are good enough. Or are they?

On the other hand, if we were to lynch Scoop today, and if our Seer survived the night, tomorrow the Seer could come out with three scans (presumably one having been Scoop). We would have three provens (Seer and two scans) (unless the Seer caught another Wolf, in which case this is easy) in a field of 10 players, with hopefully the other Special still safely hidden.

Of course the problems with this option are:
What if Scoop is not a Wolf?
What if he's the Berserker?
What if they find or kill the Seer or other Special overnight?

Does waiting make the odds much better?