[Jihad] Game Over, Man. Game Over!!! Or is it?

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Smutly goes covert, and then msteelers dies? Very convenient that he sneaks off just as everything goes to hell.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Well that's a real kick in the balls...
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I was cleaning my gun thing morning and found it jammed. Someone sabotaged my gear. I got some idea, but Im waiting for a mis step.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Nobody kills one of our own and gets away with it. I'll be waiting and watching...

Silky

Post by Silky »

It is obviously Harkonis and Smutly
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I think Smutly needs to be put down!
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I'm not sure how many people can respond during the day, but I know Smutly doesn't have access at work. Of course what terrorist does?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'm going to cast my tentative vote for Zekester since we hadn't heard from him since Thursday.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

It's quiet out there...too quiet.

I'm pretty sure I heard "Allah Akbar" come from the direction of ArmyofOne's tent last night.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

I don't like Silky accusing me so quickly, but I'm withholding a vote for now. This first vote always sucks since we have so little to go on. :(

Of course if it's THAT obvious I'm a terrorist, just hang me now.
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Harkonis wrote:woot! I'm a terrorist!

edit: oh wait, hasn't started yet...
setaside

Post by setaside »

Lassr's right, Hark. You've got yourself painted into a little bit of a corner there. With zero information to go on in the beginning of a game, the rest of the team is going to latch on to whatever they can to find somebody to blame. But I'm not going to hang you out to dry just yet.

I don't think Smutly or Lassr are guilty. I mean anybody who references Jack Bauer or Team America have got to be full-blooded Red, White and Blue, right?

I think Silky's immediate claim of Hark and Smutly's guilt is a suspicious sign. He'd be the first I'd want to ... interrogate.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

The votes are all over the place:

Setaside - Silky
Bakhtosh - ArmyOfOne
Mr Bubbles - Smutly
Lassr - Zekester
ArmyOfOne
Silky
Zekester
Harkonis - Bakhtosh
Smutly
gbasden
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I'm not going to change my vote just yet, but Harkonis is making the case that we should vote for him isn't he?

...and his tent is right next to AO1's...
Silky

Post by Silky »

setaside wrote:Lassr's right, Hark. You've got yourself painted into a little bit of a corner there. With zero information to go on in the beginning of a game, the rest of the team is going to latch on to whatever they can to find somebody to blame. But I'm not going to hang you out to dry just yet.

I don't think Smutly or Lassr are guilty. I mean anybody who references Jack Bauer or Team America have got to be full-blooded Red, White and Blue, right?

I think Silky's immediate claim of Hark and Smutly's guilt is a suspicious sign. He'd be the first I'd want to ... interrogate.
You sound confused setaside. Maybe you should use your powers for good.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

Seriously, if Smutly and I were terrorists, we wouldn't have been waiting so long to get this game started since he Lassr and I were the ones posting the most while we were waiting for the terrorists to pm the host.

Since McNutt had posted prior to starting the game and after I posted my joke (yes, it was a joke :P knew I couldn't do that after we started) he was obviously still waiting for an answer on who to kill first. I'd be looking (and indeed am) at some of the people who were not active most of the weekend, especially after the pm's from the host were sent out.

Once again though, I won't put up much of a defense yet, the above is what you'll get until we're further along. Early on you either get hanged or you don't, and I don't want to waste my efforts early when I will need them late.

edit: oh, and apparently I'm safe if I say 'Fuck Yeah!'? ok then.... Fuck Yeah! :ninja:
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

The delay in starting was not due to a late response. I chose to start today for other reasons.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Silky wrote:
setaside wrote:Lassr's right, Hark. You've got yourself painted into a little bit of a corner there. With zero information to go on in the beginning of a game, the rest of the team is going to latch on to whatever they can to find somebody to blame. But I'm not going to hang you out to dry just yet.

You sound confused setaside. Maybe you should use your powers for good.
I believe I am.

An immediate claim of guilt against 2 team members with no explaination whatsoever? This is most definitely suspicious behavior.

Hark's initial outburst, though foolish, doesn't feel sincere. I may be wrong and I'll be the first to admit as such. But I have to go with my hunch at this point in the operation.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yea, not sure Hark's guilty maybe just hadn't taken his ritalin. Silky is suspicious but Zekester is hiding from this thread. He's been hanging around for days but avoiding the team.

Edit: I meant Silky not Smutly
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

I've decided to vote for Bakhtosh since he's the first one I see that voted for someone without giving any real reason for the suspicion.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Harkonis wrote:Seriously, if Smutly and I were terrorists, we wouldn't have been waiting so long to get this game started since he Lassr and I were the ones posting the most while we were waiting for the terrorists to pm the host.

Since McNutt had posted prior to starting the game and after I posted my joke (yes, it was a joke :P knew I couldn't do that after we started) he was obviously still waiting for an answer on who to kill first. I'd be looking (and indeed am) at some of the people who were not active most of the weekend, especially after the pm's from the host were sent out.

Once again though, I won't put up much of a defense yet, the above is what you'll get until we're further along. Early on you either get hanged or you don't, and I don't want to waste my efforts early when I will need them late.

edit: oh, and apparently I'm safe if I say 'Fuck Yeah!'? ok then.... Fuck Yeah! :ninja:
Naw Harkonis... I have no reason to suspect you of anything yet. That is why I did not bold any names. If there is anything I have learned from being a terrorist hunter it is that the quiet do not help us out at all.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Lassr wrote:I'm going to cast my tentative vote for Zekester since we hadn't heard from him since Thursday.
I agree. The quiet ones tend to be up to no good. And Zekester keeps refusing to wear his helmet in combat.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I guess Im gonna have to join the band wagon... And for all we know he could have already died from a motorcycle crash.. whats one more round in him.. I'll change my vote to Zekester.
ArmyOfOne

Post by ArmyOfOne »

Actually Bakhtosh, what I said was "I'd kill for a Clark bar." These cherry bricks they give us with the MRE's just suck. I'll have to settle for some ranger pudding for now. Your ranger pudding. Anyone who's that trigger happy is a liability. I mean, unleashing the Norris so soon?

**I just wanted to mention that this isn't a revenge vote beacause he voted for me. I actually decided to vote him earlier today for the reason stated above.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

If Zekester has been lurking and not responding then he must be a terrorist, trying to stay under radar.

The only remaining question to answer is do we use a sniper shot?

Okay, well I guess you might have to question why ArmyofOne wants Bakhtosh's "ranger pudding".
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Setaside - Silky
Bakhtosh - ArmyOfOne
Mr Bubbles - Zekester
Lassr - Zekester
ArmyOfOne - Bakhtosh
Silky - Zekester
Zekester
Harkonis - Bakhtosh
Smutly - Zekester
gbasden - Zekester
setaside

Post by setaside »

Zekester is on the verge of being strung up, does it make sense for him to not defend himself? I don't buy it. I think we'd be making a mistake stringing him up right now without actually hearing from him.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

collateral damage
Silky

Post by Silky »

Zekester thou are to be brought before a military tribunal of your peers. How do you plead?
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Still need one more vote to condemn poor Zekester.
setaside

Post by setaside »

I will not change my vote.

And know that if I'm the one who bites it tonight, the rest of the team should have a good idea as to why.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

I concur with Setaside, I don't think silence (or talking for that matter depending on what is said) makes any real difference for the first vote. I'm sticking with my vote since I had a real reason to pick who I picked.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

Going out tonight so I'll be incognito most of the evening and early morning tomorrow. If I vote before 10am I'm drunk so please excuse me :)
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Harkonis wrote:I concur with Setaside, I don't think silence (or talking for that matter depending on what is said) makes any real difference for the first vote. I'm sticking with my vote since I had a real reason to pick who I picked.
I disagree. If he's "lurking" and not participating then I think he might be doing it on purpose as to not arouse suspicion. Since he has already aroused suspicion (man, we're observant), he needs to break his silence! Speak, Zekester!
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Harkonis wrote:I've decided to vote for Bakhtosh since he's the first one I see that voted for someone without giving any real reason for the suspicion.
Oh, so you mean high quality reasons like this:
Mr Bubbles wrote:I think Smutly needs to be put down!
You and AoO seemed to both vote for me within a very short time frame. Stinks of collaberation to me. They saw me go for AoO for no "real reason". Of course, Harkonis was the first to cast his vote to take some of the heat off of AoO. Have something to be afraid of boys? Did I hit too close to home? (and they are camped right next to each other.... :p

At least AoO had the balls to admit that he wants my "pudding". If you look at Mr Bubbles' vote above, Hark flat out lied about his reasoning.

Is this a case of the terrorists trying to be smart and play like terrorists WOULD play, but not how we would expect them to play?

To be honest, I'd keep my eye on those who are quick to come up with lots of "data" to convict someone this early in the game, when there's not a lot of data to be had.

As for Zekester, no terrorist would sit out this long, and still keep silent after getting 5 votes...unless it was a ploy by the terrorists to use the bomb belt early and try for an early lead - negating the head shot. Damn...I'd just convinced myself that it's not Zeke, and now I'm not so sure. But my gut tells me that Zeke is a true team member watching out for all of us. Getting rid of him will only make us more vulnerable.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Just logged back on expecting to see someone dead, but I see we are still not a majority.

McNutt, do you eliminate the one with the most votes if no one changes their mind?

I'm afraid to go to sleep again without possibly eliminating one terrorist. Don't want my throat slit by Zekestar if he's one of them.

Edit: I'll be in Birmingham tomorrow for most of the day but I'll log back in Tuesday evening to check the progress. Just letting everyone know so my absense won't be taken the wrong way! :)
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I will use DM power to eliminate someone if I feel it is warranted. In this case I would eliminate Zekester because of the number of votes and because he hasn't participated lately. But it hasn't come to that yet. I'm going to give it some more time for additional back and forth amongst Strike Team Two.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

Well Bak, you got me on that one, I completely missed Smutly's post. I see it now but I'm 3 sheets to the wind and getting ready for bed. If the vote is still up when I am I'll check everything and do some thinking but I don't think me doing thinking at 5am when I just got home from the bars would help anyone.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Going covert again. It's Operation Grindstone.
Silky

Post by Silky »

It disturbs me that some members of our team disrespect the UCMJ. We are in a life or death situation and a valuable team member is AWOL. Even if Zekester is not a terrorist hell bent on destroying apple pies; I do not want him watching my back in the foxhole.