Ghost Recon PC

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ok, TS2 is up and running (although it took me a minute to figure out CD's funky capitalization ;) ).
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Crux

Post by Crux »

So I don't want us to lose the Thursday RS games. Maybe we can set up a Tuesday Night Ghost Recon? Or another day of the week?
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

The thursday RvS server is still set up, no worries. Anyone who gets used to Ghost recon is gonna OWN at ravenshield anyways :P If you guys want a dedicated server night for GR, then let me know whats a good night for most of you and It'll be done.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Ok I am installed, patched and raring to go. Anyone interested in playing today?
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Crux

Post by Crux »

Heck. I'm just going to hang out in Teamspeak. If anyone wants a game of something, come tell me :D
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Well guess what I got sitting on my desk right now? Ghost Recon Gold.

sitting there.

taunting me.

Well in 4 hours I'll be installing it, and I should be up and running by this evening. That is if anyone wants to play.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Crux

Post by Crux »

CSL and I are going to play some right now. Join teamspeak to get server info!
CSL

Post by CSL »

Crux wrote:CSL and I are going to play some right now. Join teamspeak to get server info!
You could post it here too.
CSL

Post by CSL »

IP will be 24.98.147.44
CSL

Post by CSL »

Finally picked up my headset guys. :lol:
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Cool! Crux had to go AFK for a bit and I'm grabbing dinner but I should be back in 30 minutes or so if anyone still wants to play.

BTW, holy shite this is a hard game!
Crux

Post by Crux »

Ah. I was wondering where you went. After playing for about 2 hours, I can only say this: my butt hurts. I used to be pretty darned good at this game, but I don't remember it being anywhere near this hard. Got CSL downloading the Ravenshield Map Packs again just in case :D I'm all for a challenge, but that was just painful.
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

Thats why i was hoping guys like Amish and siljanus could join in. Between myself, amish, siljanus, Chris Grenard and trey, we had a really good core group of guys that used to just kick major ass. :P We were really good. once. A long time ago. We used to play those missions on elite, now me and siljanus and co. couldn't finish more than one or two defends on veteran. :P It is a TOUGH game, but it requires a much different approach then ravenshield. You need to approach Ghost Recon from a different perspective, tactically. Instead of going in wnd just mowing over people (sorry, no 45 second speed runs in GR :P ) you need to focus on stealth and positioning. Generally speaking, at close to medium range, they will plug you in the head with one shot EVERY time. At long range, those AK's are much less accurate, and they'll frequently miss (although it's still akin to playing the lottery :P ) The trick is to spot them and engage them at the longest range possible. Find and take advantage of choke points, anywhere where you can funnel them into one area and keep them from flanking you, or make your flanks easily defensible. Assault rifles are almost always preferable, and anything that gives you diversity is a good thing. To that end OICW's or rifles with M203's are most handy as they let you point-engage enemies with line-of-sight lethality of an assault rifle, as well as give you an area-effect capability with either hand grenades or a grenade launcher. Know your tools, know when to use them, and remember to use them at the right times and you should prevail. Balance is also an important aspect as well. Much of the time, whether it was planned or not, our GG sessions had a pretty well balanced team of stealthy silenced rifleman, loud machine gunners who could mow down groups of enemies, and a grenadier who could throw those 40mm puppies out and kill guys no one could even see yet. :P We all complemented each others skill sets. Find your niche, and don't be afraid to try something new. We've done it before, and for the most part, we're not l33t gamers, so if we could do it once, we can do it again. Having everyone on Teamspeak helps. Glad to see CSL got a mic :) I'll look forward to joining you guys again soon. Now that I've shaken some of the rust off, we have more people communicating on TS2 and (hopefully) a solid strategy, we should start kicking ass. Don't fear the AI. make the AI fear YOU ;)
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

CSL wrote:Finally picked up my headset guys. :lol:
I never heard a more frightening voice before CSL's :lol:
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Did you decide vanilla GR or is it GR plus the expansions?
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Eduardo X wrote:Did you decide vanilla GR or is it GR plus the expansions?
We're using all the expansion packs plus the HX5 mod that's listed on page 1.
CSL

Post by CSL »

Eduardo X wrote:
CSL wrote:Finally picked up my headset guys. :lol:
I never heard a more frightening voice before CSL's :lol:
I could say the same about you
CSL

Post by CSL »

We're playing right now, same IP as yesterday. Hop on Teamspeak for more information.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Well this really wangs my chung. Seems my Desert Siege CD is scratched and unreadable. So I have only managed to reinstall Ghost Recon and Island Thunder (plus the HX5 Mod).

Looks like I won't be joining you guys after all. :(
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Good set of games gentlemen! Look forward to shooting with y'all again!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

Amish Warlord wrote:Well this really wangs my chung. Seems my Desert Siege CD is scratched and unreadable. So I have only managed to reinstall Ghost Recon and Island Thunder (plus the HX5 Mod).

Thats teh suckage. :(
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Amish Warlord wrote:Well this really wangs my chung. Seems my Desert Siege CD is scratched and unreadable. So I have only managed to reinstall Ghost Recon and Island Thunder (plus the HX5 Mod).

See if you can't get ahold of El PRoducto. He had a line on a really cheap copy of the GOTY version that includes desert siege.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Well, I finally started to get my Ghost Recon mojo back yesterday. I forgot how much cover and camoflage actually meant in this game. Depending what we all end up playing at 4pm today, maybe I can keep my roll going!
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

we ended up playing Ghost recon, and yeah, we lit it up. :P Now all we gotta do is drag blackhawk back in and get Amish warlords Desert Siege disk replaced.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm here - I'm always here. I was here at 4 today. The only problem is that multiplayer games are almost impossible to play when the kids are active. It is pot-luck - if a game happens to coincide with a nap or Mommy time, I'm there. If it doesn't, I can't tie myself to the computer long enough to play a map.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)