THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

[TV] The Blacklist

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

RLMullen

Re: [TV] The Blacklist

Post by RLMullen »

Rip wrote:
Spoiler:
More obvious than ever that Red is her father. Telling her he died in the fire is an obvious euphemism. Her father died and transformed into Red.

Pretty sure Tom isn't dead.

Still trying to figure out what Berlin's beef with Red is.
Spoiler:
I'm not sure about Red being her father. This show doesn't do "obvious".

Tom isn't dead. His body was missing when the FBI showed up at location of the showdown with the fake Berlin. What did Tom really tell her to keep himself alive?

As for the connection between Berlin and Red... The final scene show both looking at the same picture of a girl. We were told earlier that the girl in the picture is Berlin's daughter.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

2nd Season-

I'm still a couple of episodes behind (just finished Dr. Louis Creel), and I'm seeing a lot of what I'll call "skip-to-the-end" intuitive leaps in the show which would usually require more groundwork. It's like the writers have gotten lazy. I also don't really care for Paul Reubens that much. He's ok in his role, but it was done better last year. Essentially, it feels to me like the writing isn't as good as last year, and the Monster-of-the-week pieces are getting pretty poor. Hopefully it picks up, or it's going to die a slow death. It's not quite on a Heroes trajectory, but it looks like a possible future...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

The past two episodes have been horrid. Last year saw some weak writing, as well, only to keep up interested with the main plotline teasers. I hope that they don't resort to this prop again.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Rip

Post by Rip »

I disagree. I think the show has been swell.
I am so relieved when the people I am chasing, come to me.
Personally, I make it a habit to avoid habits.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

And the two episodes after my post were very enjoyable. Nice to see both a villain named Volkoff and Fulcrum in play. As a Chuck fan, that made me smile :)
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Great! Just getting back from visiting family so I've got something to look forward to

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The wife and I just finished up Episode 5 of the first season and were talking about it a good bit afterwards.

Sounds like NBC's happy with it, as they're slotting an episode in after the Super Bowl.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

The Blacklist is doing fine, especially for NBC. The show has always had the shaky storylines with incredible intuitive leaps but then most dramas do. They are written for entertainment and the mundane drudgery actually involved in investigative work doesnt work well on film. Besides, Spader has been so good in this that unless you really want to nitpick the show to death, the shortcuts become less annoying. The Blacklist certainly has its flaws but I still find it entertaining and thats enough for me to continue watching. The mid season finale ( yep, its a "thing" now ) was pretty good. Especially the stuff with Alan Alda.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I really hope that the fall finale marks a return to form. It felt a bit like a reboot. A much needed reboot.

Rip

Post by Rip »

Wow, great episode.

"She's the one?"

"Shoot him"

Finally, we should get the answers we have all longed for guessed at.

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Literally.

:geek:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The way they did the credits completely bushwhacked me. I was expecting some sort of
Spoiler:
post-missile resolution
and the credits/preview for Thursday almost had me up in arms about spoilers.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Rip wrote:Wow, great episode.

"She's the one?"

"Shoot him"

Literally.

Haven't watched it yet but how many times did we think we would get answers from this show? That said, I do love watching Red do his stuff so I don't mind being strung along for a little while. And Clay aka Vincent aka Hellboy aka Ron Perlman is on this episode!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Rip

Post by Rip »

$iljanus wrote:
Rip wrote:Wow, great episode.

"She's the one?"

"Shoot him"

Literally.

Haven't watched it yet but how many times did we think we would get answers from this show? That said, I do love watching Red do his stuff so I don't mind being strung along for a little while. And Clay aka Vincent aka Hellboy aka Ron Perlman is on this episode!

He will be on the next one too!!!

Yea, luvin what he is doing with the role so far.
Rip

Post by Rip »

The last few episodes have been good but not great. There are some awesome parts here and there though.

"Can I be honest with you?"

Red: "I doubt it"

Love the interaction between Red and the DMV guy. The eyes, first when he kinda buy into the "I've never been out of the country" plea.

Then after Red gives in he just calmly, "I was just messing with ya".

The look in Red's eyes was priceless.
Rip

Post by Rip »

I want a mom like Mr. Kaplan.

:ninja:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Red's tendrils are long and powerful.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Wow I could use a Mr. Kaplan in my life for all sorts of things!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Rip

Post by Rip »

Oh my. They just turned my world upside down!

I kinda saw it coming although it still surprised me when and how it went down.

RUN LIZZIE!!!!!
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Previews from next week make it look like Lizzie did not run :)

Looking forward to a good finale.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Anyone still watching? Its been a pretty good cloak and dagger kind of season with a lot at stake. Part of the payoff came this last episode where a whole lot of stuff that was in play all comes together with gusto. It was one of the best episodes of the show, especially the way it closed. Anyway I would watch this for Spader alone but the cast is really starting to work well together.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Haven't watched tonight's episode but I love this crazy train wreck of a show. The "most awkward cabin hideout ever" subplot with Cooper, his wife, Tom Keen was hilarious.
Black lives matter!

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

We started watching over the summer via Netflix and are almost done with the second season. I'm sad now that I didn't add the 3rd season to the TiVo a few months ago, but I guess we'll catch up this coming summer in preparation for the Fall of 2016. Without question Reddington is the reason we're watching. At least once an episode he'll say something that's worth the price of admission.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The wife and I are behind on this, and so many other shows. Her work schedule has killed off a great amount of time that we spent together.
Rip

Post by Rip »

rshetts2 wrote:Anyone still watching? Its been a pretty good cloak and dagger kind of season with a lot at stake. Part of the payoff came this last episode where a whole lot of stuff that was in play all comes together with gusto. It was one of the best episodes of the show, especially the way it closed. Anyway I would watch this for Spader alone but the cast is really starting to work well together.
Absolutely and couldn't agree more.

This is the show I most look forward to.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Watching as well. We're never really sure what we'll get but are pretty happy with the two episodes since the mid-season return. My, but Red does seem to have a presence in everything, no? :coffee:
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Love this show, was convinced
Spoiler:
Tackle Box (Ressler) was gonna take the bullet for Keen and die. Honestly thought he would be dead a couple episodes ago. They're a little overdue for a main character death, but I don't t hu ink it takes away from the show at all.
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Finally got (just about) caught up (through the 2-part Director episodes).

Damn, this show found it's stride again late in season 2, and season 3 has been great!

For anyone catching up, the first 8 or so episodes of Season 2 can be a bit of a slog (IMHO), but it really starts gaining steam towards the end of the season, and Season 3 doesn't have the same issue getting going.

Rip

Post by Rip »

This season keeps delivering.

One of the few shows that keeps me guessing.

Only Spader could take such a vile character and have me caring about him as much as anyone in the show. It is like the part was written for him.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Red is such a fascinating character. He is willing to do extremely bad things for the right reasons but he is still a human being in spite of it. In a recent episode he "dropped off" the Director in classic Reddington style and then later had his heart felt moment with Aran, for his help and loyalty. Aran BTW has quietly become one of my favorite characters in the show.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm well and truly behind the curve on the show this season, but, in other news, spin-off?
NBC is looking to take The Blacklist to the next level.

The network is teaming with producers on the James Spader starrer for a potential spinoff, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Plot details are being kept under wraps but the potential spinoff would air May 12 as a back-door pilot and star Famke Janssen (X-Men, How to Get Away With Murder) as Susan "Scottie" Halsted. Her character will be introduced in episode 321 (airing May 5). Details about her character are also being kept close to the vest. Sources tell THR that the role could be the mother to Blacklist series regular Ryan Eggold's mysterious character.

Justified's Michael Dinner is on board to direct the Blacklist back-door pilot. Edi Gathegi (shown) has also closed a deal to co-star in NBC's The Blacklist spinoff as a series regular.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Brent Spiner is the Blacklister tonight.

:handgestures-thumbupright:
Rip

Post by Rip »

OK, I didn't really care that much for the most recent episode but then I read something online that I think explained where I think they are going and if it is true I guess it wasn't awful.
Spoiler:

Anyway it was revealed that the bones in the bag are those of Raymond Reddington. So Spader is pretending to be Raymond Reddington and has been for 30 years. Here is the theory I was speaking of.
Last episode he said he and J. Edgar Hoover have a lot in common.

This episode, John Waters asks if Red’s favorite Waters’ movie is Pink Flamingo (starring a transgender woman).

On that episode by the sea—the one which took place where Katarina was last seen walking into the ocean and disappearing, Raymond imagined/remembered fighting off attackers with Katarina.

But Katarina has fought all of them off alone. They were Katarina’s memories.

This “Red” isn’t visiting his father-in-law but his father—the father who told James Spader that he blames her for what he did to his daughter.

What he “did” was turn his daughter into a man (ie, Katarina turned herself into a man).

When Liz asked this “Red” if he was her father, he said no. But when later asked if Liz was his daughter, he said yes. The real Raymond died and Katarina faked her death and assumed his identity.

There was an episode with a plastic surgeon with whom this “Red” was very familiar. Kaplan wasn’t fiercely loyal to Raymond, but to Katarina, and that continued after Katarina “died” (took on Raymond’s identity).

There are clues all the time, everywhere. I know there are more, I just can’t think of them right now.
So the theory is Raymond is actually Liz's mother.....