THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Simple Werewolf Game - Game over.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Re: Simple Werewolf Game - Game on.

Post by Scoop20906 »

Oops, Sorry newcastle. I just saw your previous post. I think even if we clear ONE person it would help immensely.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Holman wrote:In retrospect, Lagom's behavior seems too obvious for a wolf. I'm not sure why he felt so certain on Vorret, but it was too out in the open.
I wasn't really certain on Vorret, but I felt he was a good lynch target. I was obviously dead wrong.

We now have two vote trains to pick apart, but we have to entertain the thought that no wolves were on one (or neither) train. But, that could be exactly what the wolves wants us to think.

I still think the Day 1 purge train contains at least one wolf, as do the Day 2 train. It's simply too unusual to get a squad of innocents to agree on a non-wolf lynch.

I'd like the Seer to step forward today.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I agree that if the Seer is alive they should come forward.

Newcastle tops my list because he comes across as an overly helpful villager and is too shocked (shocked I tell you!) about last night's wolf kill.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Moliere wrote:I agree that if the Seer is alive they should come forward.

Newcastle tops my list because he comes across as an overly helpful villager and is too shocked (shocked I tell you!) about last night's wolf kill.
So is your motto 1 villager at a time? Cant come up with more than 1 suspect? have to focus on 1? You DO KNOW there are 2 wolves here right?

And why doesn't it surprise you that lassr is knocked off? Oh that's right, because you probably called that one in.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Newcastle wrote:And why doesn't it surprise you that lassr is knocked off?
Because he was never a primary wolf suspect. It makes sense for the wolves to keep alive all of those that have been heavily suspected of being wolves. That way the villagers can be easily outraged against them the next day.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I want to test tru1cy, WarPig, Lagom, and distant fourth Brewcastle.

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Seer should step forward if still alive as we're at the critical point in the game

Also, please hold your votes until we get a consensus before we all vote for scoop :dance:
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

So is WarPig Seer?

WarPig

Post by WarPig »

I would feel horrible for my sparse communications if I was the seer, not contributing at all. Alas, I'm as in the dark as everyone else so far.
"Your test assignment will vary depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson
Holman

Post by Holman »

And, because there appears to be a consensus for revelation: I am the seer. This is my first time in the role, so I doubt I've been a particularly effective one. i certainly haven't been lucky.

On night 1 I scanned Vorret. He was human, but you guys decided to kill him over my protests. It seemed too early to out myself.

On night 2 I scanned Lagom Lite. He is also human.

So we have two live trusteds: me and Lagom. Presumably I will be eaten tonight.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Holman wrote:And, because there appears to be a consensus for revelation: I am the seer. This is my first time in the role, so I doubt I've been a particularly effective one. i certainly haven't been lucky.

On night 1 I scanned Vorret. He was human, but you guys decided to kill him over my protests. It seemed too early to out myself.

On night 2 I scanned Lagom Lite. He is also human.

So we have two live trusteds: me and Lagom. Presumably I will be eaten tonight.
You'd better be. ;)
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

K assuming people wants to give Holman the benefit of the doubt, I'm going to recline for a bit and watch the conversation. And look at some history, take notes and such. I've tried leading villages as a known before, it rarely works out.
Is there anyone in hell?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

SWEET!

I was so worried our Seer was already dead.

So......

3) Scoop90210 - Human (only I know this I know!!!)
4) Moliere - unknown
5) tru1cy - unknown
6) Newcastle - unknown
7) Holman - Claimed Seer
8) WarPig - unknown
10) Lagom Lite - Claimed Human by possible Seer

That gives me a 2 in 4 shot. Much much better.

Now do Holman and Lagom have the balls to fake hoping the Seer is already dead? Anyone want to protest this Seer outing?

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Holman wrote:On night 1 I scanned Vorret. He was human, but you guys decided to kill him over my protests. It seemed too early to out myself.
Always an interesting gamble in how hard you want to defend a known innocent. To me it came across as a wolf protecting another wolf. It is too bad we don't have a hunter to play off against the night kill. That always makes for an interesting guessing game about who to protect.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote:
Holman wrote:On night 1 I scanned Vorret. He was human, but you guys decided to kill him over my protests. It seemed too early to out myself.
Always an interesting gamble in how hard you want to defend a known innocent. To me it came across as a wolf protecting another wolf. It is too bad we don't have a hunter to play off against the night kill. That always makes for an interesting guessing game about who to protect.
I had them paired together too. Actually, if he had came out yesterday then most likely I would be dead and we wouldn't have the Lagom scan. Good thing you didn't. That is if you believe I am human.

Holman

Post by Holman »

All I can offer as proof of claim is the pivot I made after scanning Vorret (having voted for him earlier) and the similar pivot I began to make after scanning Lagom.

Me before scanning Lagom:
This post has really stuck with me. LL, please explain how we could find out about Newcastle by lynching Moliere. How does that work?

Maybe there's an insight you haven't shared. If not, it really looks like you started flattering Newcastle right after he announced that you had "rocketed up his suspect list."
In addition to Scoop, I'm suspicious of Lagom Lite. He has seemed to be in sync with Scoop at points where it would benefit wolves to (a) not be on the same train and (b) cast suspicion on the same third party.
I still believe Scoop is our best shot at a wolf. I think Lagom may be his partner. I'm not 100% sure on either, especially in a game where so many have said so little, but they've presented to only truly wolfie behavior I can see.
Me after scanning Lagom:
In retrospect, Lagom's behavior seems too obvious for a wolf. I'm not sure why he felt so certain on Vorret, but it was too out in the open.
I was planning to work that angle today and try to keep him alive.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Does anyone want to counter that? I'll lean toward believing him for now.
Bayraktar!!!!

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

holman why didn't you scan scoop?
Holman

Post by Holman »

tru1cy wrote:holman why didn't you scan scoop?
At the time I sent the message, I assumed that we would kill Scoop today and that a scan would be redundant. I wanted to cast a wide net.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Can we get everyone's threat list please?

3) Scoop90210 -
4) Moliere -
5) tru1cy -
6) Newcastle -
8) WarPig -

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Mine:

3) Scoop90210 - Human
4) Moliere - Was the subject of the first real bandwagon and I thought he handled it well. I read Human.
5) tru1cy - I now read him as a wolf. Especially how he laid that last vote for Vorret. Not damning but opportunistic to say the least.
6) Newcastle - Brewcastle gives me pause because of the way tru1cy interacted with him on my bandwagon.
8) WarPig - Has been AFK for most of the game for a good reason but it makes him also an intolerable threat to skate by by flying under the radar. I'd vote for him after tru1cy.

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I
Holman wrote:
tru1cy wrote:holman why didn't you scan scoop?
At the time I sent the message, I assumed that we would kill Scoop today and that a scan would be redundant. I wanted to cast a wide net.

That's a veteran move... totally goes against your claim of being ineffective, but I will give you a pass cause of your vigorous defense Vorret. I'm close to voting for scoop

His bull in the china shop routine has run it course
Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop90210 - Still very suspicious, now suddenly playing sane. Sometimes crazy erratic behavior *is* a sign of lycanthropy, especially when it drives a train.
Moliere - Hard to say. I suspected him early and might still.
tru1cy - Weird little dance at the end of the Vorret train accomplished the kill after a feint at Scoop.
Newcastle - Could be playing the wolf executive, hiding behind dispassionate analysis.
WarPig - Jumped on the Vorret train without giving a reason other than piggybacking on Scoop.

I kind of wish I had tested Scoop, but I thought it would be a waste. Maybe we should just lynch him and see what we learn.

If Scoop is a wolf, I believe that clears Moliere (whom Scoop seemed genuinely ready to lynch during his "fishing expedition") and Newcastle (who seemed more than ready to scoop Scoop yesterday).
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:Scoop90210 - Still very suspicious, now suddenly playing sane. Sometimes crazy erratic behavior *is* a sign of lycanthropy, especially when it drives a train.
I've been sane the whole time.
Holman wrote:If Scoop is a wolf, I believe that clears Moliere (whom Scoop seemed genuinely ready to lynch during his "fishing expedition") and Newcastle (who seemed more than ready to scoop Scoop yesterday).
The Moliere bandwagon was a test on him (and he handled himself fairly well) and to see how others reacted (fishing for info). I even left Moliere at N-1 for a little bit to see if we could get a wolf bite before pulling my vote. Interestingly, tru1cy wasn't around for that period of time. i wonder if he would have jumped on that vote too?

Hopefully, voting for me should lead you to tru1cy and either WarPig or brewcastle. Not that you will be around to do anything. Today's your last chance to get a wolf Holman. Don't waste it.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Since I am trusted and marked for death, nothing I say towards today's lynch will be very helpful in retrospect. I should let you all decide the vote so that there is more data to sift tomorrow.

Perhaps I shouldn't even vote? What do people villagers think?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:Since I am trusted and marked for death, nothing I say towards today's lynch will be very helpful in retrospect. I should let you all decide the vote so that there is more data to sift tomorrow.

You should definitely vote and you are not technically trusted. I believe your claim however.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Holman wrote:Since I am trusted and marked for death, nothing I say towards today's lynch will be very helpful in retrospect. I should let you all decide the vote so that there is more data to sift tomorrow.

A. you arent trusted yet. We have a few people still to chime in to either counter or decline. After that.....

b. ifno one counter claims and you're as proven as possible...i'd wait, and really let the rest of the village discuss all this. Because in essence you and lagom know 1 less piece of information than the rest of us. YOu shuold absolutely vote, just wait a bit to let the rest of village discuss and such.

c. If there's a counterclaim...well..then it gets fun.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:Can we get everyone's threat list please?
-
gee where have i heard that before?
Bayraktar!!!!

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

You need to vote as you're far from a trusted seer. Really only way you will be trusted is by lynch or wolves killing you. So you and Lagom will need to vote
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Btw, Holman, since I must have missed it why didn't you scan the people you scanned? Also, why no scan of Moliere?
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

tru1cy wrote:Btw, Holman, since I must have missed it why did you scan the people you scanned? Also, why no scan of Moliere?
ftfy :doh:
Holman

Post by Holman »

I scanned Vorret on night 1 because I was suspicious of him and we went for Purge.

I scanned LL because I suspected that he might be a wolf either (a) in league with wolf Scoop or (b) encouraging a villager Scoop to kill Vorret. I just couldn't see any genuine motivation to go after Vorret.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Oh, and Moliere: I've only had two nights. :)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

while we're waiting on Warpig to counter/pass on the Holman seer claim...i'm just gonna say if this is true...this really etch-a-sketchs my world view here. IF holman is true, that means 2 of my top 3 suspects have been proven and i need to rethink my whole assumption here. I was so sure in that lassr, lagom and scoop pool we'd find our pair of wolves....now at best there's one.

i'll drop a list later. I really want to think things through because in all honesty i see very few reasons supporting reasons for believing in the remaining people's humanity and more reasons to believe they're wolves and that makes it so much tougher...and i guess easier with the suspect pool dropped by 2 (yeah, am believing holman than any claim warpig can juice up).

I love how when i write my thoughts down, they seem to crystalize and makes me see things a bit better...funny how that works.
Bayraktar!!!!

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

With Vorret found innocent means Newcastle gets bumped from #2 to #1 on my suspect list. Scoop takes over the #2 spot for no other reason than I don't know who else to name. :grund:
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

WarPig wrote:I would feel horrible for my sparse communications if I was the seer, not contributing at all. Alas, I'm as in the dark as everyone else so far.
appears he's claiming to not be the seer
Newcastle wrote:while we're waiting on Warpig to counter/pass on the Holman seer claim...i'm just gonna say if this is true...this really etch-a-sketchs my world view here..
So did you miss it?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote:With Vorret found innocent means Newcastle gets bumped from #2 to #1 on my suspect list. Scoop takes over the #2 spot for no other reason than I don't know who else to name. :grund:
Uhhhh, tru1cy?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Moliere wrote:With Vorret found innocent means Newcastle gets bumped from #2 to #1 on my suspect list. Scoop takes over the #2 spot for no other reason than I don't know who else to name. :grund:
hard to come up with two suspects isn't mr. 1 villager-at-a-time?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

tru1cy wrote:
WarPig wrote:I would feel horrible for my sparse communications if I was the seer, not contributing at all. Alas, I'm as in the dark as everyone else so far.
appears he's claiming to not be the seer
Newcastle wrote:while we're waiting on Warpig to counter/pass on the Holman seer claim...i'm just gonna say if this is true...this really etch-a-sketchs my world view here..
So did you miss it?
you mean warpigs post above holmans saying he's not seer and stuff...no i didn't...but he's not commented on holman's revelation...so until that happens i'm keeping the avenue of a potential spoof open. Just the way i operate truicy...possibilities are there until they're shut down 100%
Bayraktar!!!!

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Newcastle wrote:
hard to come up with two suspects isn't mr. 1 villager-at-a-time?
Yes. Being right about Purge and wrong about Vorret and Holman makes me lynch shy.