THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

WW- Bond Epilogue - The Davos Initiative

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: WW- Chapter 3 - The Davos Initiative

Post by Newcastle »

5 votes for majority

Stessier at N-1

MARKED FOR DEATH

Lassr (2): Msteelers, Stessier,
Stessier (4): Lassr, Unagi, Lagom Lite, Chaosraven,
Msteeler (1): Isgrinmur,

No Votes cast: Semaj,

If I missed anything please let me know

fyi - still busy and will be incommunicado starting at 4PM pst until 11 PST.

edit - revisionist history for the win!
Last edited by Newcastle on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Stessier is at N-1. I'm going to start my re-read of the thread to see if I can find any patterns. I can certainly buy into Stessier being evil, but I'm not ready to drop the final vote on him. Besides, it will be interesting to see what he says to defend himself.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

What's he going to say? 'hey guys I am Q? M? Bond?' theo claimed M and was not spectre. Qantaga claimed Q, gave us a spectre agent designated as Jaws, and then was killed by spectre, so there's no reason to think he was lying. And unagi has proof.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
stessier

Post by stessier »

I don't get it, but have at it. More time to play SC2.

Unagi - this one is all on you. You'll be down to 1 tomorrow - start with Lassr.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

He's still missing my vote on steelers...
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:I should get a chance to have some fun this game too.

Maybe everyone should be killing the evil spy  stessier 

Please, everyone - put down what you are doing and join me in ridding us if this scum.

Today. Now.
I just don't get it. We have a shot to win and you're throwing it away. That's frustrating. :evil:

I think I need a break.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

With everything you could learn today, you choose to see if the Guy who Got Grund lynched is Evil. That's all you learn. I wasn't on any of the other votes.

It's a bad play Unagi. I thought you were better than that. And you die tonight and don't even have to suffer the consequences of your mistake. Life isn't fair.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I like the blue for known good guys and red for known bad guys, so I'm going to steal that.

We have three main events that have happened so far. Theohall's vote, the Remus lynch, and Grund's vote.

Theohall vote:
Spoiler:
Voted to kill Theohall:
semaj
Grund
Remus
Chaos
Unagi
Lassr
msteelers

Did not vote for Theohall:
stessier
Mr. Bubbles
Isgrimnur
Qantaga
Lagom
Remus lynch:
Spoiler:
Voted to lynch Remus:
Isgrimnur
msteelers
Lagom
semaj

Did not vote to lynch Remus:
stessier
Chaos
Lassr
Lagom
Unagi
Qantaga
Grund
Grund vote:
Spoiler:
Voted for Grund:
Lagom
stessier
Unagi
Isgrimnur
Lassr
Chaos

Did not vote for Grund:
semaj
msteelers
Qantaga
For the Theohall vote, we know that at least 1 bad guy (Remus) voted for him. And surely at least 1 bad guy did NOT vote for Theohall. I'm willing to bet there's at least 1 bad guy in the stessier, Isgrimnur, and Lagom grouping (those left alive who did not vote for Theohall).

Then there is the Remus vote. I know that it's the main reason why a lot of people want to see me dead, but think about what you would do if you were a bad guy here. The seer just outed himself and nailed one of your teammates. Are you going to do anything to draw attention to yourself? Losing 1 bad guy isn't the end of the world there since it required the good guys to use two specials to nab him, so why stick your neck out like that? I'm willing to bet that there are 2 bad guys in the list of people who did NOT vote to lynch Remus: stessier, chaosraven, lassr, and Lagom. Lagom ultimately ended up on the not voting list, but it's worth mentioning that he waffled a bit. I think at the very least there is 1 bad guy in this group.

Then there is the Grund vote. This is probably as safe a killing vote as a bad guy could make. My guess is we have two bad guys who voted for Grund. That list is Lagom, stessier, Isgrimnur, Lassr, and chaosraven.

Stessier just moved way up my list of suspects.

withdraw Lassr 

For now anyway.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

For the record, my top two suspects right now are stessier and chaosraven. I've got to go to do something for work though. I'll think about it and see if I'm confident enough to push stessier over the edge.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:I just don't get it. We have a shot to win and you're throwing it away. That's frustrating.
Yeah, isn't it frustrating?
stessier wrote:With everything you could learn today, you choose to see if the Guy who Got Grund lynched is Evil. That's all you learn. I wasn't on any of the other votes.
Your big contribution was to beat the drum against the boogyman. Well done.
msteelers wrote:For the record, my top two suspects right now are stessier and chaosraven. I've got to go to do something for work though. I'll think about it and see if I'm confident enough to push stessier over the edge.
Wow, really? We could start a club! I mean, it's like you read my mind posts.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:
stessier wrote:I just don't get it. We have a shot to win and you're throwing it away. That's frustrating.
Yeah, isn't it frustrating?
:tjg:

There is much swearing at you right now in my head.

You are being a petulant child and I have enough of those at home. Grow up. You know I'm not the one but you're doing it for fun. Brilliant. Can't wait to play with you again.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Unagi wrote: Wow, really? We could start a club! I mean, it's like you read my mind posts.
Yes, because we should blindly follow the guy with the least amount of information.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

But...

But.... I don't wanna go to bed.

Stessier. You sat back and did zero through the whole Grund/Theo vote
You then, the next day - echo his move and get 'us good guys' to lynch a Good Grund on Day 2 (a feat often celebrated on wolf forums).
You then go for what seems like forever to even come back and comment on it

What kinda pass do you think you are owed in these games
Let's say you are good guy.
Grund's random charge on Theo and yours on Grund. These are the acts that have us where we are right now, not this vote.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:But...

But.... I don't wanna go to bed.

Stessier. You sat back and did zero through the whole Grund/Theo vote
The level of your wrongness is just stunning. I didn't do nothing. I said Grund was evil. I said we shouldn't listen to him. Not my fault no one listened or theo kept his role to himself.
You then, the next day - echo his move and get 'us good guys' to lynch a Good Grund on Day 2 (a feat often celebrated on wolf forums).
You then go for what seems like forever to even come back and comment on it
Sorry for life and weekends. Or that I'm not playing the way you think the game should be played. That's your problem, not mine. I told you why I thought Grund was evil - he took the spotlight off lagom and railroaded theo for no reason. Others apparently agreed as we all knew I had no "special" info and yet Grund died.
What kinda pass do you think you are owed in these games
No pass. But you went from being sure I was good to deciding to "have fun" and lynch someone for no reason. That's not in the spirit of the game and is just stupid.
Let's say you are good guy.
Grund's random charge on Theo and yours on Grund. These are the acts that have us where we are right now, not this vote.
Tell yourself whatever will let you sleep at night. We are here because of your vote and nothing else. You lost this game.

I've self voted half a dozen times, but it's not fair to the guys who are still playing and you'll be dead anyway, so no punishment there. Just know you, and you alone, blew this vote.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:The level of your wrongness is just stunning. I didn't do nothing.
Aha!

So you admit then, if you didn't do nothing - it goes to say that you must then did do something. :horse:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:Just know you, and you alone, blew this vote.
Last time I checked it's still a majority that's needed.
Perhaps if you had played this game, we would all have some things to point to that would have given us reason to stay off the stessier vote.

Sadly, all we have is that Grund thing... and that was perfectly innocent. :doh: :roll:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:Others apparently agreed as we all knew I had no "special" info and yet Grund died.
I have even less "special" info than you all, and some players appear to agree with this vote too. Whoop Dee Do.

Anyhow - it's just a game stessier, jeeze -- the way you are acting, you make it seem like I really should be worried if we lose the game. I mean the gravity of your posts all of a sudden, damn dude... you actually smell more wolfie now than when this whole damn day started. :twisted:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:Tell yourself whatever will let you sleep at night.
Like you - there is only one thing that 'lets me sleep at night'.... The good graces of my kids.
stessier wrote:We are here because of your vote and nothing else. You lost this game.
ABSURD.

If this game was filled with only Grunds and stessiers - we would have:
Lynched Theohall for no reason at all.
Lynched Remus the next day - BOOM.
The next day, you would have had us all kill Grund.

We'd already have lost.
stessier wrote:Just know you, and you alone, blew this vote.
Got it. I told my son too.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Unagi wrote:
stessier wrote:The level of your wrongness is just stunning. I didn't do nothing.
Aha!

So you admit then, if you didn't do nothing - it goes to say that you must then did do something. :horse:
Oh wait. nevermind. That was your point. :lol: :D

I forgot what I accused you of.

Anyhow... let's see what Chaosraven does at N-1.

Chaosraven 

anyone?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

(time lapse) defensive reaction. Proclamation of nonevil status. Pointed argumentative statement regarding perceived behaviors and questionable parentage of voters. Declaration of suspects repeated. (silence) self vote with snide remark about blame for game loss. (silence) withdrawal of self vote. Rationalization of behaviors, meta included. Resignation to fate. Access to spoiler forum. Repeated ghost smiley popcorn smiley ghost smiley.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

who got all mad and nasty when they were about to be lynched as a bad guy and was a bad guy...actually I think that may have been Newcastle many games ago...it wasn't stessier was it?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

:binky: For CR :pop: :binky:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Hee hee hee
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Seriously, do you guys realize how quickly the first two days went? Chapter One lasted fifty seven actual hours, almost 24 of them a sunday. Chapter Two lasted almost fifty seven. Not counting the time from Majority Achieved to Writeup. So far chapter three is at 84, and almost half of that was weekend time.
"Where are you off to?"

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

edit - removed, i should not be talking or interacting in the thread at all. I broke a line. I just should not interact with you, consider it a mod learning experience. My apologies.
Last edited by Newcastle on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

5 votes for majority

MARKED FOR DEATH

Lassr (2): Msteelers, Stessier,
Stessier (3): Lassr, Lagom Lite, Chaosraven,
Msteeler (1): Isgrinmur,
Chaosraven (1): Unagi,

Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Why am I not dead?

Semaj is completely absent, but I'm one of msteelers 2 favorites. Why am I not dead?
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

stessier wrote:Why am I not dead?

Semaj is completely absent, but I'm one of msteelers 2 favorites. Why am I not dead?
There's one last list I want to put together before I vote, and I haven't had time to do it yet. Besides, Unagi switched votes so you aren't even at N-1 at this point in time.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

:binky: :coffee: :binky:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

theohall wrote::binky: For CR :pop: :binky:
Mr Bubbles wrote::binky: :coffee: :binky:
:?

Quick! Fetch the Exorcist Operative!
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Any vote I cast right now, I'm not casting it in confidence. Everyone seems to have something that you can point to to make them evil, except semaj apparently...and that in itself makes me suspicious! :D

So it's hard to get a consensus when everyone looks guilty! (Unagi being the exception)
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:

Any vote I cast right now, I'm not casting it in confidence. Everyone seems to have something that you can point to to make them evil, except semaj apparently...and that in itself makes me suspicious! :D

So it's hard to get a consensus when everyone looks guilty! (Unagi being the exception)
But Unagi gave everyone cover (which is one reason I was so flippin' mad at him) and yet here I am. The 5th vote said I was one of two on his list, yet here I am.

And taking your consensus point to heart, I don't think any human gets lynched today without both wolves on them. I think both wolves were already on me.

I am even more sure now - Lassr and Chaos (which would have been the traditional Lassr/Chaos/Remus triumvirate).

Unagi - why not Lassr?
Isgrimnur - why so sure on msteelers?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote:

But Unagi gave everyone cover (which is one reason I was so flippin' mad at him) and yet here I am. The 5th vote said I was one of two on his list, yet here I am.

And taking your consensus point to heart, I don't think any human gets lynched today without both wolves on them. I think both wolves were already on me.

I am even more sure now - Lassr and Chaos (which would have been the traditional Lassr/Chaos/Remus triumvirate).

Unagi - why not Lassr?
The last evil could be leery of casting the final vote if he knows you to be good...or you are an evil and the other evil did not want to kill you or good afraid to be the last vote because he's already been in the crosshairs.

There are many possibilities.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

11. msteelers - Tried to pin me as evil early, had the kill vote on theohall, advocate for Remus lynch, stands behind that position, off voting against Lassr on the Grund vote
He just seems to be all over the place, offing one of our innocents. I'm sure one of the Remus voters was SPECTRE, and he made sure he was off somewhere else on the Grund vote.

I wouldn't say that I'm 100% on it, but it certainly pings my radar.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Isgrimnur wrote:
11. msteelers - Tried to pin me as evil early, had the kill vote on theohall, advocate for Remus lynch, stands behind that position, off voting against Lassr on the Grund vote
He just seems to be all over the place, offing one of our innocents. I'm sure one of the Remus voters was SPECTRE, and he made sure he was off somewhere else on the Grund vote.

I wouldn't say that I'm 100% on it, but it certainly pings my radar.
Kill a good guy... GUILTY!!!
Don't kill a good guy... GUILTY!!!

And weren't you the one that started the vote on Remus? I put numbers out there in an effort to debate whether Bond should shoot Remus or we should lynch him. You agreed with those numbers and voted to lynch him, so obvious I must be... GUILTY!!!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jeez, this is the whiniest game I've ever played. And yes, I'm including myself in that.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Isgrimnur wrote:Jeez, this is the whiniest game I've ever played. And yes, I'm including myself in that.
:lol:

Alright. I'm confident enough at this point with stessier and chaosraven.

stessier 

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

They're certainly still in my matrix and stessier has more than had his say when he went to n-1 last time. Let's hope we get this one right. If it turns out stessier's evil, I'm never going to trust him again. :P

stessier 

stessier

Post by stessier »

msteelers and Isgrimnur? Didn't see that one coming.

You're all a bunch of idiots by the way. I'm an Agent.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

5 votes for majority

VOTING CLOSED

MARKED FOR DEATH

Lassr (1): Stessier,
Stessier (5): Lassr, Lagom Lite, Chaosraven, Msteelers, Isgrinmur,
Chaosraven (1): Unagi,

....PROCESSING.....
Bayraktar!!!!