THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

[WW] The Rule of Thirds - The Meer win everything

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Mr Bubbles

Re: [WW] The Rule of Thirds - Day 3 - much less death

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I've long debated about outing my house. Still debating.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:
stessier wrote:Yes and no. It all depends on how many stones Dod still has. If he hasn't used any we could all be wiped out in one night so it is best to find Dod. If you think he has used at least one, then no, we don't have to find him just yet.
I agree with you. The Dod needs to be eliminated. I also think he was smart enough not to use his stones last night. We've narrowed the pool down greatly and all of them have equal amounts of guiltiness in my eyes at this point and since I don't know of any of them are on my team I'm more than happy to off them. Pretty soon we are going to have to face the hung juries and resurrections galore unless one Kingdom is able to get a numerical (both in votes and stones) advantage.
Incidentally - you said you were going to contact your King last night. I didn't hear anything, therefore you are the enemy. Just thought you should know. :twisted:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
stessier wrote:Yes and no. It all depends on how many stones Dod still has. If he hasn't used any we could all be wiped out in one night so it is best to find Dod. If you think he has used at least one, then no, we don't have to find him just yet.
I agree with you. The Dod needs to be eliminated. I also think he was smart enough not to use his stones last night. We've narrowed the pool down greatly and all of them have equal amounts of guiltiness in my eyes at this point and since I don't know of any of them are on my team I'm more than happy to off them. Pretty soon we are going to have to face the hung juries and resurrections galore unless one Kingdom is able to get a numerical (both in votes and stones) advantage.
Incidentally - you said you were going to contact your King last night. I didn't hear anything, therefore you are the enemy. Just thought you should know. :twisted:
I thought better of it and used a stone for something else. Based on last night's results I think I may have made the right call.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
stessier

Post by stessier »

Might I suggest we stop signing up for Tron and take care of business here? (No offense Scoop. :))
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

stessier wrote:Might I suggest we stop signing up for Tron and take care of business here? (No offense Scoop. :))

I suppose that's referring to me, since I'm the one who just signed up over there. :)

I've already made my opinion known, although Scoop is starting to ping on my radar a little more strongly.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Scoop can always be a threat. Seeing how he's been operating this game give me the willies.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
stessier

Post by stessier »

Qantaga wrote:
stessier wrote:Might I suggest we stop signing up for Tron and take care of business here? (No offense Scoop. :))

I suppose that's referring to me, since I'm the one who just signed up over there. :)
Actually it wasn't - not specifically anyway. :)

I hadn't checked that in a while and noticed that a bunch of players were talking over there. Kind of forgot Lassr & Newcastle were dead though. :doh:

So convince me why I should vote with you rather than for you.

And why did someone rez Isgrimnur if he's not going to post/vote?

Where is Bakhtosh?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Scoop can always be a threat. Seeing how he's been operating this game give me the willies.
I agree.

So Scoop - what was a better use of a stone last night than contacting your King? You've already admitted that you used one, so saying what you did shouldn't matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:Scoop can always be a threat. Seeing how he's been operating this game give me the willies.
I agree.

So Scoop - what was a better use of a stone last night than contacting your King? You've already admitted that you used one, so saying what you did shouldn't matter.
Protecting my King and it seemed to have worked! My King still lives!! :mrgreen:

If all Kings had just kept quiet I would have probably contacted him but seeing as they ALL wanted to announce themselves (drama queens) then my priority changed to keeping my King alive.

After watching the back and forth going on yesterday I figured he must have figured out I am his minion at this point. I have a 2nd stone for tonight which I will most likely use to protect him again tonight so if we don't get the Dod today (and our odds are much better today) then the Dod knows he will have to avoid those who have claimed King so far since he hit on a protection last night. I realize my assumption is that the other minions are going to protect their king tonight as well. If they don't then its too my King's advantage.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'm so glad the Dod fears me so. :twisted:

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Ha you wish little man... But I applaud you for trying. I'm alive and my king is still alive.. that's all I'm saying.
Bertrand Russell
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Scoop20906 wrote:If all Kings had just kept quiet I would have probably contacted him but seeing as they ALL wanted to announce themselves (drama queens) then my priority changed to keeping my King alive.
tru1cy announced himself as king only because he was almost lynched and didn't want to contradict my story. He had a ruse going that might have worked had I not already gone there. :(
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

LordMortis wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:If all Kings had just kept quiet I would have probably contacted him but seeing as they ALL wanted to announce themselves (drama queens) then my priority changed to keeping my King alive.
tru1cy announced himself as king only because he was almost lynched and didn't want to contradict my story. He had a ruse going that might have worked had I not already gone there. :(
Ok, I didn't mean to come out so harshly about what the Kings announced themselves (trying to make a joke). But it is a reality and I had to alter my plans last night due to that. There was the potential that the Dod could have gotten a clean sweep and finished us off.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Ha you wish little man... But I applaud you for trying. I'm alive and my king is still alive.. that's all I'm saying.
Honestly, the best service an unknown could have done to keep himself alive was to kill other unknowns last night. It ups the odds. If he kills others, then they probably weren't on his side. If the others had lived they probably were dod and he could announce his assassination attempt and point the finger away from himself. That no unknowns were assassinated and no one stepped up to claim an assassination attempt of a fellow unknown is disappointing.

Of course, if all unknowns had done this, then likely they'd all be dead. Good for dod hunting. Not so much for your individual hides.

To show my faith in your ability to stay alive with your "king".

accuseMr Bubbles[/accuse]
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Ahem

mr bubbles 

stessier

Post by stessier »

Is there any reason we haven't gotten Houses from the remaining "Dods"?

Also, should we find out if anyone else protected their King? I find it useful to know who Dod is trying to kill/killing. So far we suspect it was Chaos on Night 1.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Scoop20906 wrote: There was the potential that the Dod could have gotten a clean sweep and finished us off.
not really. :ninja: But I'm sure dod knew this. So much so, I don't think he went after a king at all but was denied elsewhere.

And which of the five of you, would have held both your stones to go elsewhere and get denied?
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote:Honestly, the best service an unknown could have done to keep himself alive was to kill other unknowns last night. It ups the odds. If he kills others, then they probably weren't on his side. If the others had lived they probably were dod and he could announce his assassination attempt and point the finger away from himself. That no unknowns were assassinated and no one stepped up to claim an assassination attempt of a fellow unknown is disappointing.
Well said! I was expecting carnage this morning. I was pretty disappointed with the results. I don't think people have fully though through the use of their stones.

For instance, it would have been good for one of the unknowns to have raised Isgrimnur with one stone while killing with the other. At least one unknown is going to die today - no reason to take a stone with you.

Scoop saying that he has one left suggests he is either 1) lying, 2) not thinking things through, or 3) Dod. I'm really beginning to think (3) is the correct choice.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I think affiliation need to be announced now. Once Dod is gone we can get to the business of regicide :tjg: :twisted:
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:
LordMortis wrote:Honestly, the best service an unknown could have done to keep himself alive was to kill other unknowns last night. It ups the odds. If he kills others, then they probably weren't on his side. If the others had lived they probably were dod and he could announce his assassination attempt and point the finger away from himself. That no unknowns were assassinated and no one stepped up to claim an assassination attempt of a fellow unknown is disappointing.
Well said! I was expecting carnage this morning. I was pretty disappointed with the results. I don't think people have fully though through the use of their stones.

For instance, it would have been good for one of the unknowns to have raised Isgrimnur with one stone while killing with the other. At least one unknown is going to die today - no reason to take a stone with you.

Scoop saying that he has one left suggests he is either 1) lying, 2) not thinking things through, or 3) Dod. I'm really beginning to think (3) is the correct choice.
You missed 4) not the Dod and trying to keep his King alive for the 2nd half of the game.

I can take the hit today if it means we get the game moving forward. I got another game to work on anyway since I am just replacing someone.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

tru1cy wrote:I think affiliation need to be announced now. Once Dod is gone we can get to the business of regicide :tjg: :twisted:
I will only announce my affiliation of my King orders me to. :ninja:

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:Is there any reason we haven't gotten Houses from the remaining "Dods"?

Also, should we find out if anyone else protected their King? I find it useful to know who Dod is trying to kill/killing. So far we suspect it was Chaos on Night 1.
I'm not sure I'd want everyone to volunteer who they protected or trust what they say. I don't like the idea of others keeping track of stones.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:

I wonder who could raised Isgrimnur last night? :ninja: Wait have I just implied that I used three stones last night? Dammit.
stessier

Post by stessier »

tru1cy wrote:I think affiliation need to be announced now. Once Dod is gone we can get to the business of regicide :tjg: :twisted:
+1
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

stessier wrote:
+1
I think we need to do this as well. I'll be damned if Dod gets away with his treachery.
Bertrand Russell
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Okay. Why not?

I was hoping to stay cloaked a bit longer, but with so many claims bantered about and the need to find Dod so great:

If scanned or killed, I will come up King.

In truth, I am a lowly Jester...

... of House Himmel.
Qantaga

Re: [WW] The Rule of Thirds - Day 2 - much death

Post by Qantaga »

Here is my earlier (not so subtle) hint:
Qantaga wrote:I'll follow Lagom (after Sectoid's highly unlikely speculations):
stessier

Post by stessier »

Qantaga wrote:

Okay. Why not?

I was hoping to stay cloaked a bit longer, but with so many claims bantered about and the need to find Dod so great:

If scanned or killed, I will come up King.

In truth, I am a lowly Jester...

... of House Himmel.
Um, thanks!

But we really just wanted affiliation, not Rank.

But since you are in Himmel, good job!!! :twisted:
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

If we really want to find Dod, rank is important.

I haven't revealed any critical information by claiming my rank, since everyone already knows the rank of Lagom and Bakhtosh in Himmel, anyway.

However, by claiming rank, I am leaving no doubt that I am who I say I am and not Dod. I would think you would know that, to truly narrow down Dod, we are going to have to leave him as little room as possible in which to try to hide.
stessier

Re: [WW] The Rule of Thirds - The Contest has begun

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:
Lassr wrote:
stessier wrote:Sorry everyone - snowblower issues. I don't think I've read anything since Friday. I'll get caught up today.
I believe that is the first time I've ever heard that excuse.
obviously he's not the dragon or he wouldn't need the snowblower.
If Qantaga isn't lying, then this must have been Lassr letting me know that he knew who I was.

Well that's unfortunate.

So

Himmel - Lagom (King), Bakhtosh (Prince), Qantaga (Jester)

Meer - tru1cy (King), Chaos (Jester), LM, Isgrimnur (Baron)

Erde - stessier, Lassr, Sectoid

Unknown alive: Mr Bubbles, Scoop, msteelers

Unknown dead: trig (Prince), newcastle (Herr), grund (Baron)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I still don't get how chaosraven is meer.

I'm also not so smart to see Lassr's erde comment.

Finally, I don't think all claims are as good other claims.
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote:I still don't get how chaosraven is meer.

I'm also not so smart to see Lassr's erde comment.

Finally, I don't think all claims are as good other claims.
Okay, I guess I just assumed he was Meer because tru1cy claimed him as King.

And I was just looking for something Lassr said to point to his house/role when I found that. Guess if Chaos is out of Meer, Lassr's comment might just be a general comment.

Agree with the last part as well, but we have to start somewhere.

So how about tossing Chaos into the unknown group until he or tru1cy say otherwise.

Himmel - Lagom (King), Bakhtosh (Prince), Qantaga (King/Jester)

Meer - tru1cy (King), LM, Isgrimnur (Baron)

Erde - stessier, Sectoid

Unknown alive: Mr Bubbles, Scoop, msteelers, Chaos (King/Jester)

Unknown dead: trig (Prince), newcastle (Herr), grund (Baron), Lassr (King/Jester)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I've got the similar list of which now I can update to include Qantaga.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ummm, when did anyone confirm that stessier wasn't the Dod?

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Scoop20906 wrote:Ummm, when did anyone confirm that stessier wasn't the Dod?
Nope but theoretically Sectoid could and as a corollary he hasn't denied Stessier's being king.
stessier

Post by stessier »

No one did! :ninja:

We are operating under the assumption that at least one person from Erde is alive and would have called me out if I am lying. Sectoid claiming Erde does not prove me but does prove at least one of {stessier,Sectoid} is Erde. If someone else is Erde, then you know I am Erde and at least one of {Sectoid, HasNotSteppedForwardYet} is Erde.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Ok so I am with erde. There we go.. I feel so much more free with that out there.
Bertrand Russell
stessier

Post by stessier »

Woo-hoo! I'm not Dod!!! ;)

Himmel - Lagom (King), Bakhtosh (Prince), Qantaga (King/Jester)

Meer - tru1cy (King), LM, Isgrimnur (Baron)

Erde - stessier, Sectoid, Bubbles

Unknown alive: Scoop, msteelers, Chaos (King/Jester)

Unknown dead: trig (Prince), newcastle (Herr), grund (Baron), Lassr (King/Jester)
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Of course I am Meer. Why else would tru1cy have used my corpse for cover? Now which of you cowardly buggers stabbed me in the throat while I was sleeping?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
stessier

Post by stessier »

Chaosraven wrote:Of course I am Meer. Why else would tru1cy have used my corpse for cover? Now which of you cowardly buggers stabbed me in the throat while I was sleeping?
But how did he know to use your corpse, hmmm?