THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

[Bethesda] Fallout 76

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: [Bethesda] Fallout 76

Post by Daehawk »

In real life I always liked playing these carnival games. The shooting gallery and the shoot the target to make your balloon go up faster.

Its just as fun in game. I got enough tickets to get me a Nuka World shirt and Nuka World Jumpsuit. I like them both. Think I may wear my new jumpsuit a while even though it doesn't give me as much protection as my vaultsuit you modded.

I found a ski sword and tried it for testing purposes. Melee with that thing and 45 damage cracks some heads fast. But have to be up close and personable and get hit myself.

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was deep into ESO when I installed 76 to see what it was like. Now I cant drag myself from 76 to play ESO.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I was playing both of them for a while, a couple of years ago, but I can only stay somewhat focused on one MMO at a time, so for me ESO won out.

Naturally, all my IRL friends that played both decided to focus on F76 instead.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I still have both installed. Theres still many adventures in ESO to be had. Sometime.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Damn golf club. I had to go in there to get a holotape for a quest so figured Id use the sword from another quest. I have to kill 6 different enemy types with it for the quest. But good Lord I kept getting killed. Something in there is nasty. I finally gave up and went in with my shotgun..which broke on me..yay. But I killed the thing. Some kinda higher level thing. Its corpse was gold colored to stand out and the loot was a special shotgun..had a star on on it. Came in handy since my other shotgun just broke. Nice.

I have about 900 shotgun shells but only 150 of energy and 10mm now. I will try and see how to craft more ammo tonight when I log in later.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:48 pm Damn golf club. I had to go in there to get a holotape for a quest so figured Id use the sword from another quest. I have to kill 6 different enemy types with it for the quest. But good Lord I kept getting killed. Something in there is nasty. I finally gave up and went in with my shotgun..which broke on me..yay. But I killed the thing. Some kinda higher level thing. Its corpse was gold colored to stand out and the loot was a special shotgun..had a star on on it. Came in handy since my other shotgun just broke. Nice.

I have about 900 shotgun shells but only 150 of energy and 10mm now. I will try and see how to craft more ammo tonight when I log in later.

Hint on that quest:
Spoiler:
Blade of Bastet. It doesn't have to be tough enemies, or even enemies at all. My six included a possum, a radstag, a brahmin, and a molerat. For the other two, I used one of my weaker guns and shot it in the torso a couple of times until it was almost dead, then used the sword to finish it off.
Also, a good example of Bethesda being lazy. They had a quest calling for a special sword, one that exists in the real world. In this game?
Spoiler:
Ulysses S Grant's cavalry saber is a Chinese Jian sword. Why? Because they already had the model from Fallout 4, and didn't want to make an actual saber.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya Ive done the shot them then sword them thing. I did not know anything would do lol.

I gotta say my random looted ski sword really packs a wallop.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just a little longer.......lemme finish this quest..........its bedtime...........hey a quest popped up next to me I might as well hammer that one out, might be interesting........its past bedtime....ok lemme go turn this one in....its what time!?.......turn in quest, now she has another part to it......I should finish this before bed.......

And so it went last night...again.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I suffer a fun bug of when I die my little loot bag is always under the map or ground level. I can stand right where the compass icon says it is and its not there..its under me where I cant interact with it. Its annoying but at least I dont lose important stuff.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Strikes me that they have done a huge amount of work on this game since release. I dont remember hearing anything good about it on release....but playing now it feels full and detailed to me. I went to a town to do a quest and it spawned another quest that had me looking around that same town for some stuff for another random quest. Then the next town I went to shad a unmarked quest that popped up when I got there that took me to three other locations much further north than Id been before. Kinda driving me onward and forcing me out of my habit of staying in one area forever until theres nothing to do there. It keeps its all new to me and keeps me moving and seeing new stuff. I like that.

I wish I knew what to do with the npc I found in the world and sent to my home camp. She just sits playing that annoying guitar all the time. I cant take her with me or anything which is kinda sad. Id love to have a companion to travel with and help fight. After I got one in ESO the game changed for even better than.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:23 pm I wish I knew what to do with the npc I found in the world and sent to my home camp. She just sits playing that annoying guitar all the time. I cant take her with me or anything which is kinda sad. Id love to have a companion to travel with and help fight. After I got one in ESO the game changed for even better than.
There are no companions (likely because all sorts of wonkiness would ensue when you have a dozen people fighting together, all of whom have companions.) Instead, you get allies. Allies are a camp feature, tied to a piece of furniture. A bar. A console. When you build an ally's item, the ally appears in your camp an hangs out, interacts with your stuff (plays your instruments, works on your workbenches, etc.)

There are two types. One type offers you a daily quests. The other type offers a service (like being a vendor.) You can only have one ally in your camp at a time.

Here's a breakdown with potential spoilers. (The spoilers are limited to the "here's something that exists" variety.

I'm guessing yours is the Settler Wanderer. If so, the benefit is that your Well Rested buff you get from sleeping in the bed in your camp increases from one hour to three.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

I found the raider punk to be a nice addition to my camp. Nothing special but he seemed more fun than the guitar playing settler.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I think I went with the astronaut.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I just unlocked the astronaut last time I played. I've got the raider/bartender actually in camp.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is there some place to get stimpaks in this game? I think you gave me a bunch but now Im out and die a lot. Its gotten to where i dont venture out as much. I figured as important as they are they would be sold someplace or the recipe would be easy to find. But nope. Looking online that recipe is at one spot only and Ive not gotten there yet. Ive checked several player camps thinking surely someone sells them because they have the recipe but again nope.

Also Ive noticed all loot bags disappear and the latest replaces them. guess Im losing lots of scrap or something ad ill die 4 and 5 times trying to find my old bag. Also my loot bag seems to spawn under the world map a lot. I can stand right on it based on my compass but its not there.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I have no idea - I never bought a single stimpack. I usually carried ten or twelve when I left camp, and I'd deposit a half-a-dozen extra whenever I came back. Are you doing events? That's a major source of them.

As to why they're not for sale, the endgame doesn't make heavy use of them. Mutations take care of the out-of-combat healing.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Events? No...I really should. Ive not interacted with others in any ways. Just been doing my thing exploring and adventuring and questing. I will try some events.

Ive seen some mutation boxes pop up when Im diseased or radiated. Im not sure what they gave me good or bad. Ive looked at stats / effects but it really doesn't show me what im looking for.

I will pop on today to visit player camps in hopes of finding stims for sale. Is there an easy way to jump worlds / servers to find new player camps or is it the old log out log in thing?

I find myself REALLY wishing for ESO's style of quest journal and map integration. In ESO I can hit J to open my quests..then have one picked out and highlighted and hit M for map and it will jump to that quest location and show me a special animated icon at the spot the quest is located at. I can then zoom in and out and see where that is and where I can fast travel near to it to go there. I wish 76 had that ability. Im continually hunting for where what quest is on the map going back and forth between my map and the quest journal.

ESO has nailed that down good and I love it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:55 pm Ive seen some mutation boxes pop up when Im diseased or radiated. Im not sure what they gave me good or bad. Ive looked at stats / effects but it really doesn't show me what im looking for.
Because they likely vanished. Mutations are gained when you experience a lot of radiation. Mutations are cured by RadAway.

For the most part, mutations are all bad as you're leveling. They all have both a pro and a con, and the cons tend to be massive debuffs that can be crippling. It isn't until you get a perk (I believe it is Class Freak) that reduces the negatives down to insignificance that you'll want to keep mutations. And when you have that perk maxed, you still won't be ready - you need the Starched Genes perk to prevent you from gaining new ones, and to prevent RadAway from removing them. At that point, you can either randomly gain mutations from standing in radiation (generally a bad approach past the first one), or you can buy serums for them from others (they're pretty expensive, in the ~500 range normally.) A serum gives you a specific mutation.

So in the endgame, with Class Freak equipped: you get the first one through radiation. If it isn't one you want, you cure it and repeat until it is. You then equip Starched Genes to lock it in place, and start using serums to get the rest you want. Mutations, at that point, are very, very powerful.

You will see them in the Effects tab if they haven't been cured.
Daehawk wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:55 pm Is there an easy way to jump worlds / servers to find new player camps or is it the old log out log in thing?
That's the only way. You go back to the menu, and then back to the game. Rinse and repeat.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive dropped everything I was doing to do a stimpak gathering quest. Its like King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table out for the Holy grail but in my case for Stimpaks. :P
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I can try to swing some more goodies your way at some point (and upgrade your gear if I can.) I'm not playing much now, so I won't miss the resources. ;)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I bought 25 stims from a player vendor for about 200c. Decided to try an event. Something at the nuke plant. Not been there so I travel to the trainyards next door and there vertibirds flying all over shooting at stuff. Fun. I killed a big monster and got some exp.I got to the nuke plant but I cant do anything yet as I cant get in. Seems my console lockpicking for their doors is too low. Guess I need to lvl and put points towards that now. Damn lot of scorched there at the nuke plant. Im jumping servers looking for events .

Also at the nuclear plant was the first time the game chopped for me. Graphics got real choppy if I turned fast and moved around. I dont know if it was my old cpu or video card and that one world ...maybe more players near me or something...or lots of enemies......or if it was just that place on that server for some reason. Will check as I hope worlds. I actually ran so low on caps I couldn't fast travel haha/ Had to sell some stuff. I got 80 caps for fast travel now.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I know the event you mean. That area is fairly dense with geometry and enemies, so that may be why you were getting performance issues. It's actually a fairly annoying event that most people skip due to the amount of running back and forth. Make sure you keep your eye on the events that pop up in the lower left, as those give you free fast travel to them, and tend to be a lot more popular. And remember - there's no need to stick to your level range on those (and dying during an event doesn't drop your goodies.) Just make sure you get at least a little damage on a lots of the enemies so that you'll share credit for the kills.

As for money - do quests, do events. You make a ton. If you have the 'better deals' perk, put that on and drink a beer (or anything else that gives +CHA) right before you sell a lot of stuff. I usually keep stuff in my stash until I have a bunch, then sell it all at a train station vendor. The stuff I consistently sell: Any pre-war food, any throwables (they are all mostly useless), and extra chems (sorry, but I probably sold 150 stimpacks by the time I hit 50!)

As to fast traveling, the cost is based on distance, so make sure you note the locations you can fast travel to for free - the observatory, the crater, the Rusty Pick, Vault 76, your camp... and I think I'm forgetting one. Any time you need to fast travel a long way, fast travel to one of the free locations that's closest to it first. You can save a ton of money that way, especially if you're CAMP vendor shopping.

FWWI, by the time I hit 50, I was raking in caps without even trying (and that's not counting selling or my vendor.) I'd go out, spend until I was down to 100, play for an hour just doing content, and have a couple of thousand.
Daehawk

#@

Post by Daehawk »

I was doing events and learning when the servers went down. Dangit. Not seeing many stims yet. Just did a moth man event wit ha lighthouse. That was fun. I was just about to hit F12 to get my pic with the moth man after fidgeting to get myself at just the riiiiiiight spot when POOF! he was gone %E^$$@!

My wife loved that moth man movie with Richard Gere. I watched it once. Creeped me out. Something like that that could supposedly happen. I fear a call where he can tell me the change in my pocket lol.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive found ammo making to be a pain. Theres always one or more ingredients that are heavy as f or hard to find. I found a good place to farm either lead or steel..cant recall which it is ottomh...at the fire station. Its the weights in the firehouse gym. I gather all them up and then right around the corner in another room is a workbench I can scrap them all.

Thats another problem with making ammo. Getting the stuff to make a bunch of bullets or batteries and finding you're too heavy to fast travel to your camp to scrap it all and make bullets.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:40 pm Ive found ammo making to be a pain. Theres always one or more ingredients that are heavy as f or hard to find. I found a good place to farm either lead or steel..cant recall which it is ottomh...at the fire station. Its the weights in the firehouse gym. I gather all them up and then right around the corner in another room is a workbench I can scrap them all.
People do the same thing with the weights in the hotel near the Flatwoods. People used to log off and back on and pick them up again, but they changed how items respawn to prevent that (you have to pick up X items before items respawn for you.)

Before you spend a ton of resources, though, spend a level-up or two on the Ammosmith perk. You'll get almost double the amount of ammo for the resources. And remember, you don't have to keep it equipped as part of your build. Just unequip something and put it on when you need to craft, then switch back afterward.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Free on Prime Gaming today, if you have an Amazon Prime account:

Enlarge Image

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

First I was running low on ammo but kills and looting have kept that pretty even at about 150 rounds. Now all my weps and armor are breaking. Ive been switchin out armor and Ive kept the good stuff you make me in my stash for when I get repair kits. They seem far in between though. I need wep and armor repair kits. My table seems to let me use it to repair but only once every so often. So Im going through weps and armor now..and actually Im down to 3 weps and 2 armor pieces lol. I swear everytime I get an armor piece from loot its a left arm. Is everyone out there just wearing left arm armors? lol..must be a bad guy rule..left arm only!!!

I discovered I have a perk that lets me breath underwater and also not take rad damage from water. Ive avoided water like mad as I know id die in it but now Im curious if theres anything Bethesda hid in big parts of deep water. Plan to go back to the dam and other big water places and go diving. Something will probably eat me out of the deep darkness like Subnautica and Ill never go back lol
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:56 pm First I was running low on ammo but kills and looting have kept that pretty even at about 150 rounds. Now all my weps and armor are breaking. Ive been switchin out armor and Ive kept the good stuff you make me in my stash for when I get repair kits. They seem far in between though. I need wep and armor repair kits. My table seems to let me use it to repair but only once every so often.
You're doing something wrong. I have never used a repair kit - not once. If you activate the correct bench (armor for armor, weapons for weapons), there will be an option at the bottom for repair. Select that, and you'll have two options: Repair kit Repair, and Workbench Repair (or something like that.) The latter uses your crafting materials for repairing, and you can do it as often as you like.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ahh..I must be lacking in the materials then. I thought it was a once a day type deal. I must just be low on certain parts.

As for ammo usage I have a .45 legendary tommy gun...a 10mm submachine gun...and a cell using laser repeater....all lvl 30 use..I have a big old lvl 35 or so laser minigun for fun later on.

These toys chew through ammo. But keeps stuff off me at distance instead of a pop pop pop here pop there pop pop.......and my high damage melee weps..one looted and one from a event...need repairing a lot..one is a skull of some varmint and the other is from the nuka world bigtop a rocket super sledgehammer. Those up close ones miss a lot when stuff is right on you..the hitboxes seems weird. But they do the job in a pinch.
I had a scorched or raider yell "SHIT!" as he ducked and ran for cover when I pulled out my legendary super sledge lol. Had me laughing. This game keeps on giving in little fun ways.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

What weapon skill perks do you have?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Without being in game I dont know. I think I have some shotgun one. Dont think I have any really. Not paid attention to weapons perks..been more concerned with not taking radiation, stims working better, weight carrying more and stuff weighing less to hacking terminals and one of my favorite type perks .....finding more ammo and healing chems in loot places..I see it pop off all the time..Ill pass a bathroom with a medicine cabinet and my perk pops and I know theres stims and rad x in the medicine cabinet..that kinda thing.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:51 pm Without being in game I dont know. I think I have some shotgun one. Dont think I have any really. Not paid attention to weapons perks..been more concerned with not taking radiation, stims working better, weight carrying more and stuff weighing less to hacking terminals and one of my favorite type perks .....finding more ammo and healing chems in loot places..I see it pop off all the time..Ill pass a bathroom with a medicine cabinet and my perk pops and I know theres stims and rad x in the medicine cabinet..that kinda thing.
This is why you're having problems.

No weapon perks: 100% weapon damage.
With weapon perks: 160% base damage, -36% target armor, +10% additional weapon damage (and you can make it much, much higher.)

Find more ammo perk maxed: +80% chance to find ammo in containers only (so probably +30% found ammo total, as you get the bulk of it off of dead enemies.)
Weapon perks: Do 170% damage plus armor reduction, probably the equivalent of 200% average over time (just to make things simple.)

Find more ammo perk maxed: See enemy. Shoot 30 rounds. Find 10. Net loss: 20 rounds
Weapon perks: See enemy. Shoot 15 rounds. Find 7. Net loss: 8 rounds

Plus, you need fewer stimpacks (because if the enemy is dead twice as fast, you take half the damage), completely negating the need for the stimpack finding perks.

/edit - and if you are fighting a small, fast-moving enemy (like some of the flying insects), use VATS, even if you're not using a VATS build. It will save a lot of ammo.
Last edited by Blackhawk on Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:51 pm [Stuff]
When you first started, I posted some tips, including about perks. Now that you're familiar with the game, give them another read:
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:55 am Some other quick early tips:

~Concerning perks: Don't actively spend your choices on the 'Find Extra' perks. If you get them and have extra points feel free to equip them, but you'll generally find more than enough of everything without them.

~Don't plan on having the lockpicking/hacking perks equipped on your actual build. That would take 6 SPECIAL points. What most people do is get the perks, but leave them unequipped (or only equip one) until they actually need it, as you can change your perks on the fly. In other words, you come up on a lock/terminal, unequip one of your combat perks, and equip lockpicking. You pick said lock, then put your combat perk back on. (Personally, I dumped my first legendary perk on the one that gives you 3/3 so that I don't have to worry about it anymore.)

~Particularly good perks: Blocker, Concentrated Fire, Fireproof, Lone Wanderer (a must if you're solo), Scrapper, Gunsmith (keep it equipped for the reduced wear and tear), Action Boy (unless you're avoid VATS entirely.) At the end game, Starched Genes and Class Freak are a must.

~Until you max Starched Genes and Class Freak, don't keep any mutations (RadAway removes them.) The downsides are pretty heavy. Once you have those perks, though, you can keep the mutations without the penalties.

~You'll generally want to specialize in a single weapon. You can carry as many as you want, and you can fire them, but you'll only have enough perks to really make one of them fully effective (in my current build, I have 12 perk points out of a max of 15 in Perception dedicated just to rifles.)

~At level 25 you'll get access to a card machine that will let you save multiple builds and change your SPECIALs at will. I have separate builds for combat and a generic 'crafting' build that's for both CAMP building and crafting. If I make another, it will either be a farming build or a power armor build.

~The soft cap is level 50. After that you'll keep leveling, but you'll only get perks, not SPECIALS. You also gain access to an alternate 'Legendary Perks' set, one choice every 25 levels starting at 50.

~An excellent build planner. Once you have a build, the leveling roadmap button on there is invaluable.

~My current build. Note that this is a single shot weapon/stealth/no power armor build. It isn't the most effective build in the game (if you wanted to make it more effective, you'd switch the single shot perks for Commando.) I find the game easy enough that I don't feel the need to optimize, however.

~My crafting build. Yes, it's got more perks than points. I swap the perks I'm not using for the ones I am using (IE - if I'm working on energy weapons, I swap out something else for the energy weapon perks.)

~Keep your eye out for train stations. They have vendor NPCs (whose stock is almost always over-priced), they always have a crafting bench and a legendary exchange. It's a machine that lets you turn old legendaries into a special scrip. Save that scrip until the endgame - you can turn it in for new, on-level legendaries then.

~You learn attachments for weapons by scrapping the same sort of weapon. What you get is random, and what you get slows down over time (it doesn't remove what you already learn from the pool of options, and getting one you already know just results in not learning anything.)

~A convoluted, but very useful tool for determining prices and rarity for items you find.

~If you do set up a shop, note that most legendaries do not sell unless they're priced low and people are buying them for turning into scrip. Pretty much all ammo sells for 1 cap per.

~Weapons and armor have levels, rounded to 5 (IE - you can find level 5 pipe pistols, level 20s, level 35s, level 50s, etc.) You'll want to make sure that you don't let your gear fall behind - it's easy to have a weapon that you love, say a combat rifle, keep scrapping the combat rifles you find later, only to realize that you're level 40, the combat rifle you're using is level 15, and you've been scrapping the level 40s. Or that you're wearing an armor piece that's 20 levels below you. During the leveling, it's expected that you'll recreate the same gun every few levels.

~You start with a low-level backpack with +5 carry weight. You can craft new backpacks at an armor bench every 10 levels (10, 20, etc), all the way up to a level 50 backpack. Each upgrade increases the carry weight by +5.

~You can craft with the materials in your stash. Store all junk.

~Weight warning: Scrap your junk before you store it. Unscrapped junk takes up a ton of Stash space. You might want to check to make sure you haven't deposited any junk already. Scrapping it is easy - any workbench (except a brewing station) will have an option for 'scrap.' Once you hit it, you'll have an option for 'scrap all junk.' Just hit that, walk up to your stash, and you'll have a button for 'deposit all junk.'
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya been using VATS on bugs so I can hit them without spending 1000 rounds to kill a fly lol. I also use VATS when Im out hunting a certain animal for it's meat for a quest. Tap VATS often. Sometimes even in the highlighted area I dont find a single one of the animals Im looking for.

Kool. Thanks for all those tips. Sometime soon I need to login and spend an hour to make new backpacks and armor and such. And see what I need to repair my stuff.

As for my special stats ive done what I never ever do in single player and thats just spread points evenly. In single player Ill put most into PER and INT with some in END and STR. But right now I have mine about 5 across or 6 in some. Dont feel right doing it though. I think Im lvl 31 or so.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Max Peck wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:46 pm Free on Prime Gaming today, if you have an Amazon Prime account:

Enlarge Image
TNX 4 that.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:30 pm As for my special stats ive done what I never ever do in single player and thats just spread points evenly. In single player Ill put most into PER and INT with some in END and STR. But right now I have mine about 5 across or 6 in some. Dont feel right doing it though. I think Im lvl 31 or so.
Remember, you can redistribute your stats for free at the perk station (in your camp or in a train station.) And with few exceptions, stats don't matter on their own. The only one that makes much of a difference is Agility if you're using VATS a lot. Stats serve almost entirely as what you need to spend to equip perks. Find out which stat your chosen weapon type uses (I'm guessing automatic weapons, so Perception), and put the points in to equip the weapon perks, and you'll have a much easier time.

Take another look at my build that I linked in that quote - every perk is there for a reason, and a lot of perks are absent for a reason. You don't have to do anything the way I did, but you should consider the whys of the perks I picked when building your own character. And feel free to ask if one of them doesn't seem to make sense.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I looked at my cards and I dont yet have a ammosmith card. Also online says plasma ammo is known by default..but not me..I dont see either plasma or fusion ammo listed in my tinkers table to make them. Do I need to acquire the plans for that some place?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got an ammosmith card. Maybe I can get more and fuse them. So I see I can make ammo now...still need to salvage some parts. Ill look up what scraps those particular parts..
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:42 am Got an ammosmith card. Maybe I can get more and fuse them.
Just to be certain, are you aware that you can choose any card every time you level up, as long as you are high enough level for it?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:01 am
Daehawk wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:42 am Got an ammosmith card. Maybe I can get more and fuse them.
Just to be certain, are you aware that you can choose any card every time you level up, as long as you are high enough level for it?
Ya I choose cards I want or need or sound fun. I also use that punch card station you set me up with to try different builds.

Ok weapon post time.

I think its past time I bit the bullet so to speak and settled on a wep and a back up. In fact ive stopped carrying half my weps already. I just cannot find a good assault rifle type wep. An automatic. Ive found miniguns in events I cant use and wouldn't anyways as they waste ammo and i couldn't hit anything. I found 1 10mm sub machine gun but Ive given up on 10mm as it just doesn't have the damage.

this is my current carry.

A 3 star super rocket sledge. Good when low on ammo and does like 90 damage. But I dont loot ammo when I use it.

Legendary combat shotgun. I like it up close and it holds 8 rounds. BUT it takes me 2 or 3 reloads to kill anything ..16-24 shots. I go through stims standing toe to toe shooting something and reloading and trying to run around.

Bolt action 308 sniper rifle. Does like 80 dam per shot but is only usefuill if stuff is far enough away it doesn't realize its being shot and will stand there taking hits for me.

A plasma sniper rifle. Half the damage of the 308 but is semi auto so I like it.

Have a laser pistol that is fast but not enough damage. keep it for another ammo type when Im low of others.

So I have no idea why I cant find an assault rifle. Im hoping in 5.75 or something. need to be auto and hit good. Ill worry with ammo later.