GTR vs rFactor vs GTL (ISI engine racers)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Zekester wrote:marantz, while you're here I have a question for ya.....

Do cars like those found in GTL appeal to racers outside of the US?

Big, torquey V8's were the whole 'drive' behind American musclecars, and is why I love this game since it captures that with the Mustang's, Vette's and especially the Falcon.

What's your take on these cars? or do you prefer the more your-rope-pee-on style?
Well although I am technically outside the US, I am less than 30 miles outside the US so I can't speak for europeans ;) I think Canadians have the same taste in cars are americans do but I will grant that in Quebec, being more influenced by europe and having had the F1 race here for a while, we probably have more affinity towards the open wheel racers than in other places but we enjoy our musclecars just as much as the US does :D
Personal prefernce, I find american musclecars, in game, too easy to drive, too docile even. They don't challenge me enough. I prefer the one the edge of the F1/Nippon/F3 cars. For closed wheel, I find I like the poochies. I am not saying I don't like the American cars but they just don't challenge me enough for me to spend a great deal of time with.

So far, the Nippons for rF have me giddy like a school girl. Mind you, I race NR2K3 on the ovals also so I guess I do drive some american cars also, hehe. Sorry, getting confused here ;)
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Do you think Canada should be included in NASCAR, like baseball is?
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

If they want to expand the Road Racing courses, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve would be perfect for them, everything is already in place to run, they have the whole northeast USA to draw from and Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto as well. I am hoping that when the CTS or Busch series come that the turnout is good. I know NASCAR has worked a lot closer with CASCAR these past couple of years, we'll see where it leads to.

I'm afraid we are not equiped to host an oval race anywhere in Canada so it would have to be a street course. Good enough for me, I know where to sit to watch them crash on the road course :D
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
magic

Post by magic »

Regarding our Wheel/Pedal dropouts while playing. It's a known bug. Simbin say the way to rectify it is to (while still in the MP game) go to the Options menu -> Controls -> Force Settings. Change the % rate of FF and it should come back to life.
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

Good to know magic, thanks for looking into that.
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

How intensive is GTL on the computer? I have an amd 2600+, 6600GT and a gig of memory. Would it run decently? I don't need to max everything but I also don't want to have to run with everything off. Oh and is anybody using trackir with this? It looks like it supports the whole 6 degrees of motion which would be pretty damn cool and a good test for it once I pick it up.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Enough

Post by Enough »

Octavious230 wrote:How intensive is GTL on the computer? I have an amd 2600+, 6600GT and a gig of memory. Would it run decently? I don't need to max everything but I also don't want to have to run with everything off. Oh and is anybody using trackir with this? It looks like it supports the whole 6 degrees of motion which would be pretty damn cool and a good test for it once I pick it up.
It should run fine and dandy on your system, especially if you set it to use DX8 shaders in the 3d config. This game looks to scale well.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
onnel

Post by onnel »

Re: trackir - couldn't imagine racing without it!

Onnel