2024 Fundraising - $1001 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

BSG V - see other thread for game.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Re: BSG V - sign ups closed

Post by Scoop20906 »

This game has a stunning amount of specials. Lassr, any plan for how to handle if you don't get orders from specials at night in a timely manner? I see have a hard deadline for days (no votes no lynch). I'd love to avoid people speculating who is holding up the nights.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:This game has a stunning amount of specials. Lassr, any plan for how to handle if you don't get orders from specials at night in a timely manner? I see have a hard deadline for days (no votes no lynch). I'd love to avoid people speculating who is holding up the nights.
I'm thinking on it. I will have a deadline for the night. As long as I get Baltar's input and make sure Starbuck doesn't guard no one 2 nights in a row I think I'm good on a deadline.

I think 2 days will be sufficient not counting weekends.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:This game has a stunning amount of specials. Lassr, any plan for how to handle if you don't get orders from specials at night in a timely manner? I see have a hard deadline for days (no votes no lynch). I'd love to avoid people speculating who is holding up the nights.
I'm thinking on it. I will have a deadline for the night. As long as I get Baltar's input and make sure Starbuck doesn't guard no one 2 nights in a row I think I'm good on a deadline.

48 hours for a night? That seems...long.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote:

48 hours for a night? That seems...long.
that would be the maximum. Hopefully everyone will be attentive and get their inputs in. 1 night is encouraged.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Sounds good to me. Thanks for responding Lassr.

So, the odds are against anyone being a simple crewman actually, isn't it?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:Sounds good to me. Thanks for responding Lassr.

So, the odds are against anyone being a simple crewman actually, isn't it?
there are 7 citizens.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:48 hours for a night? That seems...long.
I think it's perfectly fair.

Technically, that's just a 6 hour night. :wink:

I hope people (cylons and specials) don't feel they need to take the entire 48 hours, but it's not all that long.

You gotta allow for someone to have a 1 day RL moment, and not feel like they lost the game because of it.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr, Is this a fair paraphrasing of Tory Foster:
  • Once, each Day Phase, she may ask the Moderator if a specific player is Baltar.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

The Rules wrote:If bomb is planted in Starbucks cabin she will not be killed if she is out protecting someone else that night.
If planted in Apollo's cabin, he will not be killed if he is out investigating a dead players role.
8-)
So, if Apollo or Starbuck miss the night deadline, they will be vulnerable to the bomb. I am pretty sure that's the only thing up against those ifs.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:Technically, that's just a 6 hour night. :wink:
Well played. :lol:
I hope people (cylons and specials) don't feel they need to take the entire 48 hours, but it's not all that long.
You're just messing with us right? I seem to recall a certain poster repeatedly telling his cohorts that there was no reason to hurry as there was no time limit on Night. ;)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:You're just messing with us right? I seem to recall a certain poster repeatedly telling his cohorts that there was no reason to hurry as there was no time limit on Night. ;)
Ragnarok had a 48 hour night-deadline I think.

In all seriousness - When there is no deadline, I think the wolves shouldn't feel rushed but they shouldn't stall. I don't think I every tried to ice the kicker nor work to fatigue players.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:Lassr, Is this a fair paraphrasing of Tory Foster:
  • Once, each Day Phase, she may ask the Moderator if a specific player is Baltar.
yes

Black Lives Matter