2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Star Wars - Rebels Strike Back - Total Rebel Victory

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: Star Wars - Rebels Strike Back - Day 1

Post by Lassr »

theohall wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Something something Yoda something going in dry.

:|
:pop:
Ya could try hunting out rebel scum, instead of sitting on the sidelines munching on popcorn. Just sayin'.
Maybe that was a clue.

http://www.rebelpopcorn.com/

vorret 

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
purge

Post by purge »

Remus West wrote:I want vote Lassr but I don't want to see what bb2112 does as a write up given Lassr's last post. :shock:
I almost guarantee it'll have something to do with midichlorian stains on a blue dress.
purge

Post by purge »

Topical:
Disney Infinity 3.0

"put the power of the force at your fingertips"

... and push it in gently?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Maybe Unagi, Smoove_B, and I should start a club.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

1. Scoop20906
2. RevHempus71
3. Moliere
4. Theohall
5. Vorret
6. Isgrimnur
7. Newcastle
8. Purge
9. RMC
10. Tru1cy
11. Chaosraven
12. Lassr
13. Remus West
14. Lagom Lite
15. Semaj
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

So do we want to talk about how this secret agenda could affect the game? I mean its Admiral Ackbar and maybe since traps are his thing maybe we can guess what it is?

I'm guessing it has something to do with the votes.

We also have to watch out for R2D2. I mean, lets talk about something please!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Boba Fett: Boba may protect one player from a lynch one time in the game. This protection has a 30% chance of revealing his identity. If he is protecting himself, there is a 100% chance of revealing his identity. If the protection is successful, day will immediately turn to night. Boba's PM to the mod on the protection must occur before the final vote. Once the final vote is cast, the lynch will occur. Boba can also protect one player at night, but cannot protect the same player on consecutive nights.
So our guy can protect a player every night, and a single use of daytime?
Han Solo: Han can block a protection once per game from any player that has the protection ability. To initiate the block, he just PM’s the Mod the name of the person he wants to block and the block is automatic. The block is effective if made on the person initiating the protection or receiving the protection. This block can happen day or night.
For their anti, Han has only one chance?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Leia Organa: Leia has a stun bot the size of a syringe hidden somewhere on her body. Use your imagination. During the day, one time this game, she can program the bot to fly in and stun one person without revealing her identity. That person will be silenced for the day and the following night, but will wake up the following day cycle. If part of the “Wolf” contingent, she cannot use this ability on any of the Rebel forces.
So if she stuns someone, they are a Wolf.
Admiral Ackbar: If the Admiral is about to be lynched and he is part of the village contingent, before the lynch can take place the moderator will declare Admiral Ackbar’s identity and he cannot be lynched. Admiral Ackbar also has a secret agenda that will be PM’d to him at the beginning of the game.
Not usable as Wolf.
R2D2: Can adjust the vote counting computers by adding 3 lynch votes to one player one time during the game. This vote, once cast cannot be changed. There has to be at least 7 players left in the game for R2 to use his votes. Players will not be notified the extra votes have been placed. This use will not reveal R2D2’s identity.
------------------------------

So Leia and Ackbar are essentially normal nonpowered Wolves (unless Ackbar gets some benefit from the Agenda)

Han can block our BoBa Fett a single time
R2D2 can overvote one time as until there are half players gone
"Where are you off to?"

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Leia Organa: Leia has a stun bot the size of a syringe hidden somewhere on her body. Use your imagination. During the day, one time this game, she can program the bot to fly in and stun one person without revealing her identity. That person will be silenced for the day and the following night, but will wake up the following day cycle. If part of the “Wolf” contingent, she cannot use this ability on any of the Rebel forces.
bb2112: How are you going to handle Leia's power? Is the mod going to announce that somone is stunned and can't talk or is this something that can be spoofed and the mod won't comment on it?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Thank you, Chaos.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

We have a Scanner
We have a Shooter (who proves himself)
We have a Protector (who can prove himself if Single Day Use used on self)
We have a Nute

Nute Gunray: He can avoid a lynch once per game. He can also avoid a night kill once per game. If the subject of his first lynch, the day will immediately turn to night. If night, the rest of the night actions happen as normal, and the Rebels will be told the failure was due to their target hiding.

Can Nute do both?
Do either count as a form of Protection?
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Scoop20906 wrote:
bb2112: How are you going to handle Leia's power? Is the mod going to announce that somone is stunned and can't talk or is this something that can be spoofed and the mod won't comment on it?
She'd have to be pretty stupid to use her power.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Unless Ackbar gets something for an Agenda Prize, we lucked out on villain roles

Two of them are essentially useless (Leia and Ackbar)

Han is a danger (but only once)

r2 is dangerous if we get to the point of game where we are on the last strike without having found 2 wolves
"Where are you off to?"

theohall

Post by theohall »

Chaosraven wrote:-------------------------------------------------------------
Am I reading this wrong?

In this game, the Rebels are the wolves. This makes her part of the "Wolf" contingent. Thus, she can't stun any Rebels, because they are wolves. She can stun any of the good guys (The Empire) without revealing herself. Stunning someone would prove them to be a Good guy (Empire), not a Wolf.
theohall

Post by theohall »

The above makes me want to accuse Chaosraven and Scoop for not really reading it.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

theohall wrote:
Am I reading this wrong?

In this game, the Rebels are the wolves. This makes her part of the "Wolf" contingent. Thus, she can't stun any Rebels, because they are wolves. She can stun any of the good guys (The Empire) without revealing herself. Stunning someone would prove them to be a Good guy (Empire), not a Wolf.
Someone could fake being stunned and therefore an Emp. Or a reb could fake being stunned. Or even a bored Emp could fake being stunned. Think about it. Hence my question to BB about how the mod will handle it. I don't currently see anyway for Leia to switch sides so ....

theohall

Post by theohall »

Scoop20906 wrote:
theohall wrote:
Am I reading this wrong?

Someone could fake being stunned and therefore an Emp. Or a reb could fake being stunned. Or even a bored Emp could fake being stunned. Think about it. Hence my question to BB about how the mod will handle it. I don't currently see anyway for Leia to switch sides so ....
What I am referring to is this:
Chaosraven wrote:If she stuns someone, they are a wolf
She can't stun a wolf.

I get the whole faking thing, but that quote is completely wrong. If she stuns someone, they are Empire and not a wolf.

Unless he is referring to the person doing the stunning, but her identity is kept secret.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Hmm nice catch... then again unless you're name is Barney the evil is *technically* the empire BUT reading the rules makes it kinda obvious this isn't the case...

Ehhh I dunno....

Chaos 

let's see where this goes
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:
theohall wrote:
Am I reading this wrong?

If I am remembering correctly from the other games, BB will announce someone has been stunned but I will let BB verify that
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Mod will announce the stun to the group and in the process let everyone know who is stunned
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
theohall

Post by theohall »

withdraw purge

Chaosraven 

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

No you're right, it's the other way around.

She stuns and proves an EMPIRE player.

(What a triggercut moment)
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 - can Leia time order her ability? That is, can she place an order to stun based on a time or event or does she need to put the order in at the time of it's execution?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

bb2112 wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Mod will announce the stun to the group and in the process let everyone know who is stunned
Ok. No way to spoof that. I agree with Chaos. Really not much reason to use this power because it essentially proves a player.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I can think of a couple reasons to use it, but I'll keep my mouth shut on those
"Where are you off to?"

purge

Post by purge »

Chaosraven wrote:Maybe Unagi, Smoove_B, and I should start a club.

Oxford comma? Clearly not imperial.

Chaosraven 

purge

Post by purge »

Chaosraven wrote:I can think of a couple reasons to use it, but I'll keep my mouth shut on those
I see what you did there, rebel scum.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:bb2112 - can Leia time order her ability? That is, can she place an order to stun based on a time or event or does she need to put the order in at the time of it's execution?
I will allow standing orders within reason. Example: If a player is at n-3 and says they want to do somthing at n-1 and that they are going to be AFK, then yes.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Day 1 Vote:

1. Scoop20906------------------> Remus West
2. RevHempus71---------------> Vorret
3. Moliere -----------------------> Newcastle
4. Theohall ----------------------> Purge, Chaosraven
5. Vorret -----------------------> Chaosraven
6. Isgrimnur ------------------->
7. Newcastle -------------------> Lassr
8. Purge -------------------------> Chaosraven
9. RMC ---------------------------> Remus West
10. Tru1cy ---------------------> Newcastle
11. Chaosraven --------------->
12. Lassr -----------------------> Newcastle, Vorret
13. Remus West -------------->
14. Lagom Lite --------------->
15. Semaj -----------------------> Scoop20906

3 Chaosraven <------------------ Vorret, Theohall, Purge
2 Remus West <----------------- RMC, Scoop20906
2 Newcastle <-------------------- Tru1cy, Moliere
2 Vorret <------------------------ Revhempus71, Lassr
1 Scoop20906 <------------------ Semaj
1 Lassr <--------------------------- Newcastle

Majority is 8

Deadline is May 18th 9PM Eastern

Day: All day actions happen first come first served
Boba Fett: Who will you protect from the lynch?
Admiral Ackbar: Will you have to public declare?
Leia Organa: Who will you stun?
Vader: Who will you choke to death?
R2D2: Who will receive your 3 secret votes for a lynch?
Han Solo: Will you initiate a block? If so on who?

Anytime:
Admiral Ackbar: Did you meet your secret agenda? If so PM the Mod.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Vote!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Hm.

Chaosraven 

But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Scoop20906 wrote:Vote!
Ok.

Scoop 

:P
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Why? I want to see what people do without my voice in there accusing or dissuading.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:
Why? I want to see what people do without my voice in there accusing or dissuading.
If a duck looks like a Duck, then Remus West is a wolf.

My vote stays... until I move it to someone else... :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:
You are advocating non-voting knowing we have a hard deadline coming up.

Well?

purge

Post by purge »

This game has 15 players? ORLY?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:Deadline is May 18th 9PM Eastern
Currently? Nope. Not sweating it.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Remus West wrote:
Scoop has been frozen in a carbon freeze so his sense of time is a bit off.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I wouldnt call 12 days a rough deadline to deal with, yet. Panic in like 7 days or something.

Also,  withdraw Scoop#3.1415167 

{accuse]Chaosraven[/accuse]

I havent accused you of anything in a long time.... :)

So... Lets start with that fact your wearing a bronze/copper/whatever brazier..
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

o come on...
 Chaosraven 

Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:
We always say that when we have a deadline. UGH! Like waiting for the deadline somehow makes finding the baddies easier.