2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Game Over - Team Zero (Brendan and Unagi) has won.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: Game Over - Team Zero (Brendan and Unagi) has won.

Post by Isgrimnur »

My final scan went back for semaj. I got the results before I died. He was Med Tech 1. We started out short a powered after the first night kill.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Post by Sean, Minister of KtSP »

Players
1. Mr. Bubbles - Mutant 1
2. stessier - Med Tech 2, converted on Night 0 to Mutant 2, Infected on Night 2 by Patient Zero
3. Theohall - Janitor
4. Austin - Janitor, Infected on Night 3 by Patient Zero
5. Semaj - Med Tech 1, Protected himself on Night 0, was thus unable to save himself from his treacherous partner on Night 1
6. Chaosraven - Janitor, Infected on Night 4 by Patient Zero
7. Lassr - Janitor
8. Newcastle - Janitor
9. Isgrimnur - Nurse
10. Remus West - Janitor, Infected on Night 1 by Patient Zero
11. Tru1cy - Janitor
12. Brendan - Janitor and Patient Zero
13. Unagi - Janitor, Infected and Converted to Infected Pet on Night 0
14. Triggercut - Janitor
15. pr0ner - Doctor

I apologize, but there are no spoiler forums, due to my lack of internet at home, and lack of time otherwise to try and set them up.

stessier did set up forums for both the Masons and the Wolves, though I suspect the Mason forum saw very little use. The Wolf forum probably didn't see too much more than that, but I leave it to stess to grant you all access to those places.

Thank you all for playing, and putting up with my n00b mod skills, and internet issues during the game. I hope to do one of these in the future, and I hope you'll all play again.

To that end, I would appreciate any and all criticism, feedback and post mortem. I have some ideas on how to tweak the rules slightly for the next game, but I would appreciate hearing from all of you. And please do not feel the need to spare my feelings, as I am cold and remorseless.

Overall I am happy with how the rules worked, but there are probably areas that need clarity, and certainly some rules that could use a little tweaking. And if I were able to get more players next time, I would add more powers.

Again, thank you all.

Those who were just exchanging PMs with me (particularly Brendan and Unagi - I never managed to set up a forum for them, either), feel free to dump any and all messages you'd like into the thread.
"Sweet dreams, Mr. Stiffly."
"I have told you, my name is not... ... ...Sweet dreams, Monster-san."
theohall

Post by theohall »

You bastards.....

So I was right about MT2 being converted... :wink:

At least I got one thing right... and killing Remus would've given us one more turn.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I had a good time.

Thanks for running it Sean !!

It was nice that we finished with both PZ and IP alive, and all of our infected players lived too.

I'll point out that I was indeed right about stessier being the shooter. neeener. :P

(I also had him picked at the very end of the game as "m2", but that was just a guess between Remus, Stessier, Chaos, Austin.)
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Damn you were on my radar Unagi. I wanted to kill you and would have made you my choice that night if I had lived. Brendan was not on my radar though.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I was ready to start needling and poking at stessier and then he went and killed me. My plan was to vote for him the next day, and push him for a vote, and see how he reacted. OH well.

SO does that mean everyone on the infected team is a winner or just PZ and the pet?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

I thought the game would end if the infected were in charge in morning. Oh well. I was going to kill Brendan tonight, though. That would have been fun.

The two spoiler forums are

residentebil.freeforums.org

imamedtechnotasleuth.freeforums.org

Give me a few minutes to uncloak them. Not a lot of talk in either though.

Edit: Hmmmm - I can't seem to remember how to let everyone view the forums. I have to help feed the baby at the moment, but I'll try to figure it out and post in the morning.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Nice job, ThingOne and Thing Two.
ThingTwo and ThingOne, here's to you.

I even sent Sean a PM that I was ABSOLUTELY sure Remus was IP.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Austin

Post by Austin »

I had no idea. (obviously)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

nice job brendan, you didn't really cross my mind until once in the game, but i quickly dismissed you. And nice railroad there unagi, you played it pretty darn well setting people up and what not. You guys deserved it.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Yeah I could have voted for Brendan but Unagi had me pretty fleeced. Brendan was not in my top suspects but kept pinging once in a while. I should have been more wary of Unagi being too friendly with me.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Unagi wrote:It was nice that we finished with both PZ and IP alive, and all of our infected players lived too.
My worst fear...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

i was a little bit blah about the rule set (read didn't read all the particulars)...so that really caught me in the end, and unagi and whomever kind of used that against me. Ah well was fun. Interesting rule set though and method of playing. Wouldn't mind having another go at it.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Newcastle wrote:i was a little bit blah about the rule set ... ... Wouldn't mind having another go at it.
 Newcastle 

;)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote: I was going to kill Brendan tonight, though. That would have been fun.
There would have been no kill then, as the Pet acted as a 'one time protector' to PZ.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Austin wrote:Brendan was not in my top suspects but kept pinging once in a while. I should have been more wary of Unagi being too friendly with me.
:D
In all honesty, I really wasn't trying to be at all - there were a ton of times where I thought you were the one being too friendly.

I wasn't sure how to address it, most of our agreement was me being pretty honest about how I could see people being evil (remember, we wanted em dead too, just not all before the Dr.) I just didn't care about uninfected misses.

I kept wondering if our 'link' as you had put it (IIRC), would draw attention to me, and I didn't want it - I actually thought you may turn on me or something weird too.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Unagi wrote:
Austin wrote:Brendan was not in my top suspects but kept pinging once in a while. I should have been more wary of Unagi being too friendly with me.
:D
In all honesty, I really wasn't trying to be at all - there were a ton of times where I thought you were the one being too friendly.

I wasn't sure how to address it, most of our agreement was me being pretty honest about how I could see people being evil (remember, we wanted em dead too, just not all before the Dr.) I just didn't care about uninfected misses.

I kept wondering if our 'link' as you had put it (IIRC), would draw attention to me, and I didn't want it - I actually thought you may turn on me or something weird too.
The link or whatever was more just play on your "concern" about theohall and myself due to me mentioning a perceived link between us due to our coming discussions. When we started agreeing I threw back to that concern by mentioning our link. :P
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Post by Sean, Minister of KtSP »

Lassr wrote:I was ready to start needling and poking at stessier and then he went and killed me. My plan was to vote for him the next day, and push him for a vote, and see how he reacted. OH well.

SO does that mean everyone on the infected team is a winner or just PZ and the pet?
Technically just PZ and the Pet, but if it makes you all feel better, you can pretend you all won, since you're all now his minions.

And no, they didn't have to live through the night. They won the moment Theohall was killed and they met all their win conditions, just as a wolf would win the moment they equal or outnumber the good guys.
"Sweet dreams, Mr. Stiffly."
"I have told you, my name is not... ... ...Sweet dreams, Monster-san."
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Isgrimnur wrote:My final scan went back for semaj. I got the results before I died. He was Med Tech 1. We started out short a powered after the first night kill.
Yeah, stessier pretty much created med tech boards just to kill me... I realized he was converted right about the time my overtired and possibly drunk behind posted who my protection was. When I woke up the next day I saw he had asked twice and went: Crap.... Well if he's going to go through all the trouble of making boards just to kill me (I felt it was pretty much a meta death, no offense stess) I wasn't going to post something between orders in and the write up saying if i die, it's stessiers fault.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.