Trump vs. Biden - the Final Showdown

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Jaymann

Re: Trump vs. Biden - the Final Showdown

Post by Jaymann »

How about Putin's bounties on American soldiers. That's a pretty pointy stick.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:06 pm God, they really just have to drop the random people on Zoom applauding after speeches. It's just weird and sad.
That was something talk shows learned very quickly after they went remote. I remember watching an episode or two and they were still trying to play a laugh track after jokes, like there was a studio audience, and it was just pathetic. It was nixed quickly.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
malchior

Post by malchior »

+1

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

As long as it's Trump not getting his vote, I don't care if he spends the day scrubbing toilets with his mustache.
Black Lives Matter

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I've always thought Bolton should play Gepetto in DIsney's live-action remake of Pinocchio.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Sure, then Gepetto sends Pinocchio off to war against Pleasure Island.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:01 pm
Forever lost

What was it?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Obama's speech last night was something, that's for sure.

Between him and Elizabeth Warren's secret BLM message I think it was an excellent night for inspirational messages. I'm very much team Kamala Harris, but her speech seemed a little off last night. It was heartfelt but her delivery was a little off. I'm chalking it up to nerves.

Regardless, I don't know how you look at anyone that spoke last night and try to draw a comparison to anything Trump has said or done. He's absolutely a carnival barker and to repeat what has been plainly stated, in over his head.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote:Obama's speech last night was something, that's for sure.

Between him and Elizabeth Warren's secret BLM message I think it was an excellent night for inspirational messages.
You saw that too? I thought that was a wonderfully subversive touch. I also wanted to let out a cathartic yell when she said "IT DID NOT NEED TO BE LIKE THIS!"

Obama's speech was like Kirk goading Khan into the Mutaran Nebula and I'm looking forward to the Cheeto losing his shit.

And you can see the simmering controlled rage Obama had over the way Trump just shat on the office. You can disagree with policy but there's no room for willful incompetence.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:18 amHe's absolutely a carnival barker and to repeat what has been plainly stated, in over his head.
He's a hog in a mudbath, feeding at the trough. America is in over its head.

His administration is Rorschach in prison.
Black Lives Matter

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:29 am
Smoove_B wrote:Obama's speech last night was something, that's for sure.

Between him and Elizabeth Warren's secret BLM message I think it was an excellent night for inspirational messages.
You saw that too? I thought that was a wonderfully subversive touch. I also wanted to let out a cathartic yell when she said "IT DID NOT NEED TO BE LIKE THIS!"

Obama's speech was like Kirk goading Khan into the Mutaran Nebula and I'm looking forward to the Cheeto losing his shit.

And you can see the simmering controlled rage Obama had over the way Trump just shat on the office. You can disagree with policy but there's no room for willful incompetence.
Wow. I had no interest but now it's something I need to go dig up and watch tonight if I can find it.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

It'll be fun to watch Trump* at the GOP convention scream that he's the only one who can fix all the problems he has created.

*note: I will not actually watch Trump at the GOP convention
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:18 am Obama's speech last night was something, that's for sure.

Between him and Elizabeth Warren's secret BLM message I think it was an excellent night for inspirational messages. I'm very much team Kamala Harris, but her speech seemed a little off last night. It was heartfelt but her delivery was a little off. I'm chalking it up to nerves.
She was talking to a big empty room from a stage. There was a behind the scenes type picture last night. I'll see if I can dig it up but it looked like they put up pillars out where the people in the crowd would be to give her spots to look at in "the crowd". That's a tough assignment no matter how good you are.
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Zaxxon wrote:Image
Making it worse, killing people and sex with animals?

Yikes.

Edit: I thought it said trump..... Image

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:18 am Obama's speech last night was something, that's for sure.

Regardless, I don't know how you look at anyone that spoke last night and try to draw a comparison to anything Trump has said or done. He's absolutely a carnival barker and to repeat what has been plainly stated, in over his head.
About time he went low(ish). Long overdue IMO, and it may be too late now. Kinda silly to attribute all this to the way he looked and sounded, but it seemed like he hated doing that. Necessary, but knew it was "low" and "unprecedented" :o
Still, it was nice to pretend, if only for a few minutes, that he was still our President, and times were bad but everything would be ok. :P I had forgotten what a President should sound like.
Holman

Post by Holman »

73 major Republican national-security officials endorse Biden with statement condemning Trump's damage to American and world security.
We are former national security officials who served during the administrations of Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and/or Donald Trump, or as Republican Members of Congress. We are profoundly concerned about the course of our nation under the leadership of Donald Trump. Through his actions and his rhetoric, Trump has demonstrated that he lacks the character and competence to lead this nation and has engaged in corrupt behavior that renders him unfit to serve as President.

For the following reasons, we have concluded that Donald Trump has failed our country and that Vice President Joe Biden should be elected the next President of the United States.

Big names here include Former NSA and CIA director Gen. Michael Hayden, former Deputy Secretary of State and DNI Amb. John Negroponte and former CIA and FBI Director William Webster.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

minor quibble, for sure. but the moment I hear someone refer to another human being as "auntie" I tend to tune out a bit.
Now depoliticized.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:30 pm minor quibble, for sure. but the moment I hear someone refer to another human being as "auntie" I tend to tune out a bit.
Not a fan of The Wizard of Oz, huh
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Another minor quibble that I'm sure will get some intern canned:

(Yeah, I know, RT but I watched live on PBS and saw this too.)

Stakes are too high, quit fucking up!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Over 70 former Republican national security officials including ex-CIA and FBI chiefs will endorse Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden on Friday while launching a scathing indictment of President Donald Trump, calling him corrupt and unfit to serve.

link
malchior

Post by malchior »

Pres Trump delivering a dark, ominous speech in PA says: "They want to cancel you, totally cancel you. Take your job. Turn your family against you for speaking your mind, while they indoctrinate your children with twisted, twisted world views that nobody ever thought possible."
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Biden: let’s try to bring the country back together and repair the rift.

Trump: OUTSIDERS!!
Now depoliticized.
Holman

Post by Holman »

"...while they indoctrinate your children with twisted, twisted world views that nobody ever thought possible."
Hey I'm just doing my job, man.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Bloomberg is speaking tonight? Ugh, I hope he paid a bunch of money to the campaign for the slot but I guess that’s the problem with politics. Maybe he’ll pleasantly surprise.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Enough

Post by Enough »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:19 pm Bloomberg is speaking tonight? Ugh, I hope he paid a bunch of money to the campaign for the slot but I guess that’s the problem with politics. Maybe he’ll pleasantly surprise.
I think delivered a fraction of what he initially promised when he entered the race and if he lost. For one, he fired all his campaign staff which he had said he would fund to defeat Trump even if he left. But last I read he gave 60 million to House races. Which is what a pizza to you and me?
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Enough wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:30 pm
$iljanus wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:19 pm Bloomberg is speaking tonight? Ugh, I hope he paid a bunch of money to the campaign for the slot but I guess that’s the problem with politics. Maybe he’ll pleasantly surprise.
I think delivered a fraction of what he initially promised when he entered the race and if he lost. For one, he fired all his campaign staff which he had said he would fund to defeat Trump even if he left. But last I read he gave 60 million to House races. Which is what a pizza to you and me?
C'mon, with at least a bag of chips.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Enough wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:30 pm
Ahh, here’s that article that talks about this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/20/us/p ... g-dnc.html
The appearance, coming just before Joseph R. Biden Jr. will accept the party’s nomination, has stirred anger among some progressives as well as former Bloomberg campaign workers — and has reignited questions about the multibillionaire’s pledge to throw his fortune behind the general-election effort to defeat Mr. Trump.

“He stiffed our party and all the monthly workers he promised to keep on through November,” Amy Siskind, a prominent progressive activist, wrote on Twitter. “Why is Bloomberg speaking?”
In March, Mr. Bloomberg made an enormous $18 million transfer to the Democratic Party and offered up the leases to 13 field offices for the party’s use. Within weeks of exiting the race, he put $4.5 million into three major progressive groups — Swing Left, Collective Future and Voto Latino.

But he has not given directly to Mr. Biden, whom he endorsed upon withdrawing from the race, and his termination of thousands of campaign workers who expected to be working through November in Mr. Biden’s name has inspired multiple lawsuits.

“After spending a billion dollars on his own candidacy in the primary, many in the party thought that would imply spending at least as much on the general election, if not more,” said Eleanor Neff Powell, an associate professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a focus on money in politics. “A billion dollars may be an unreasonable expectation, but he set — and in some ways expanded — those expectations during the primary, even if he didn’t outright say how much he planned to spend in the general.”
Black lives matter!

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

My wife and I filled out our application for absentee ballots for November. It was super easy.
I predict that voter absentee turn-out will be so amazing that the nation will do all future voting by private ballot.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Of 4.5 million voters in MA, more than 1 million have already requested mail-in ballots (including me and Wife). The state made it easy by mailing a postcard asking if we wanted one, and waived the usual hardship requirement. Ordinarily we enjoy the ritual of walking to Town Hall to vote, but this year they consolidated several precincts at the high school, including ours, and I don't want to mingle with that many neighbors even though the h.s. is also an easy walk away.

For the primary, having a ballot at home gave me time to research the candidates for minor offices and cast an unusually informed vote.

Of course, MA isn't a swing state so nobody cares if our dogs and ancestors are voting.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

I thought his speech was really good, though.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

So did his fly.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:00 amSo did his fly.
Was it open?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:34 am
Zaxxon wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:00 amSo did his fly.
Was it open?
Wrong fly. Landed on his eye, his mouth, his ear. Bloomberg kept on like a machine.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

malchior

Post by malchior »

Prepare to have to take to the streets.

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Zaxxon wrote:So did his fly.
I noticed that too. It was zombie Bloomberg! (hope they collected his campaign pledge before he turned)
Black lives matter!

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

malchior wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:39 am Prepare to have to take to the streets.
It seems that according to Trump, anyone who even smells a courthouse in the routines of their job will be assigned to harass check voters. Presumably to ensure they're members of the correct party before entering.

I thought the election to try and prevent him from getting into office was important. This election makes that one look adorably innocent.
Black Lives Matter

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

He's going to dispute every vote that is not for him.

Close race? Rigged!
Biden landslide? Obviously rigged (50M+ ballots mailed to "who knows where")
Trump victory? Should have had more votes, most votes in history!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT