Trump vs. Biden - the Final Showdown

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Kurth

Re: Trump vs. Biden - the Final Showdown

Post by Kurth »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:52 am He's going to dispute every vote that is not for him.

Close race? Rigged!
Biden landslide? Obviously rigged (50M+ ballots mailed to "who knows where")
Trump victory? Should have had more votes, most votes in history!
Sad but 100% true.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Uh...but none of those people work for him? He can’t assign law enforcement to do dick. They aren’t employed by the federal government, let alone the executive branch. Same with county and state court employees.

That’s like me saying that I’m going to deploy Tesla employees to polling locations. I can say it, but I can’t actually do it.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

RunningMn9 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:45 pm Uh...but none of those people work for him? He can’t assign law enforcement to do dick. They aren’t employed by the federal government, let alone the executive branch. Same with county and state court employees.

That’s like me saying that I’m going to deploy Tesla employees to polling locations. I can say it, but I can’t actually do it.
While a lot of them may not work for him, some do and enough are loyal and may cause problems. I don't expect to see any lawyers or courthouse clerks down there checking ID's - but I certainly expect to see reports of Sheriff Joe-Bob and his goons down in Alabama refusing to let anyone in who doesn't have a valid ID, as well as a number of "federal officers" at high-volume, Democrat-leaning city polling places.

Before anyone says "That's illegal, it can't happen" please remember the America we live in right now. The most outlandish threats to democracy are on the table until January 21st.
Last edited by Paingod on Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I agree with you, RM9. Will the local sheriff hang out at the polls in their MAGA hats cradling a night stick? Probably not. I took it more as he is sell his base on the concept that this won't be a fair election and he is planning to do whatever it takes. Part of it is his usual red meat toss, part thrashing around fecklessly but dangerously, and another part signalling to his minions to get it done. Legal. Illegal. It doesn't matter to him. He won't go quietly.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:49 pm I agree with you, RM9. Will the local sheriff hang out at the polls in their MAGA hats cradling a night stick? Probably not. I took it more as he is sell his base on the concept that this won't be a fair election and he is planning to do whatever it takes. Part of it is his usual red meat toss, part thrashing around fecklessly but dangerously, and another part signalling to his minions to get it done. Legal. Illegal. It doesn't matter to him. He won't go quietly.
I think there's a high chance that Trump deploys parts of his anonymous federal goon squad, that we've seen in DC, Portland, etc. At a minimum I would expect to see them in Democratic areas in Republican-governed swing states (e.g. Miami), though I wouldn't be at all shocked to see them in Milwaukee, Detroit, Philly, etc. Checking ID without authority, grabbing a few people on spurious claims of voting fraud, etc. Even just slowing things down enough to cause a large line would be a victory.
Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

How about the scenario of off duty law enforcement wearing militaristic uniforms labeled "ELECTION OBSERVER" or "POLL INSPECTOR"? And if someone gives them attitude they break out the resisting law enforcement card, local friendly PD is called in and you're carted away, preferably before you've cast your vote.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

$iljanus wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:20 pm How about the scenario of off duty law enforcement wearing militaristic uniforms labeled "ELECTION OBSERVER" or "POLL INSPECTOR"? And if someone gives them attitude they break out the resisting law enforcement card, local friendly PD is called in and you're carted away, preferably before you've cast your vote.
Sure. And Trump doing this is likely to encourage random vigilantes that wouldn't be operating under direct instructions from Trump. One scenario is one where Trump encourages that type of activity but doesn't directly deploy any federal agents himself.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

RunningMn9 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:45 pm Uh...but none of those people work for him? He can’t assign law enforcement to do dick. They aren’t employed by the federal government, let alone the executive branch. Same with county and state court employees.

He can't deploy US Troops to police "rogue cities" so he hires "contractors" and re-purposes federal law enforcement to kid nap people in the streets with unmarked vehicles by a force with no recognizable insignia or identification. He can say it. He can't actually do it. He does it anyway and Congress lets him. So he demonstrably can do it as long as there are no consequences.

If you had the means to deploy Tesla employees to polling locations. You could say it, "you couldn't actually do it" except for if you did...

I can not longer give the benefit of the doubt.

Edit
El Guapo wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:27 pm Sure. And Trump doing this is likely to encourage random vigilantes that wouldn't be operating under direct instructions from Trump. One scenario is one where Trump encourages that type of activity but doesn't directly deploy any federal agents himself.
And that hadn't even crossed my mind but there is no small amount of "3% patriots" willing to enforce Trump intimidation, again with no consequences to themselves.
Last edited by LordMortis on Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Headline from a 2018 NPR story:

"Decades-Old Consent Decree Lifted Against RNC's 'Ballot Security' Measures

Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Well, we do live in a post-racial society, now. DUH! /S
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:29 pm

He can't deploy US Troops to police "rogue cities" so he hires "contractors" and re-purposes federal law enforcement to kid nap people in the streets with unmarked vehicles by a force with no recognizable insignia or identification. He can say it. He can't actually do it. He does it anyway and Congress lets him. So he demonstrably can do it as long as there are no consequences.

If you had the means to deploy Tesla employees to polling locations. You could say it, "you couldn't actually do it" except for if you did...

I can not longer give the benefit of the doubt.

Edit
El Guapo wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:27 pm Sure. And Trump doing this is likely to encourage random vigilantes that wouldn't be operating under direct instructions from Trump. One scenario is one where Trump encourages that type of activity but doesn't directly deploy any federal agents himself.
And that hadn't even crossed my mind but there is no small amount of "3% patriots" willing to enforce Trump intimidation, again with no consequences to themselves.
I'll say it again, someone call the UN to come and observe our elections. There will be shenanigans galore.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:09 pm I'll say it again, someone call the UN to come and observe our elections. There will be shenanigans galore.
Those who gave rise to the Tea Party and eventually the QNon Qult have long since believed "The Blue Helmets" will be the beginning of the need for their brand of Patriotism.

Really, if this is the year that any sort of armed regulation becomes on an election thing then I can too easily see arms leading bloodshed. Tensions are at a high I've never seen in my lifetime and elections might very well be the only thing that keeps the US cold war against itself from turning hot.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Another thing to consider is that when the lockdowns began people not only made runs on food and toilet paper, they made runs on guns and ammo. Then George Floyd and again another run. People are armed to the teeth, armed militias are squaring off at BLM protests, and that has everyone on edge. There is a lot of dry tinder here for a shit bag like Trump to start throwing matches into.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
Following an invitation from the United States Mission to the OSCE to observe the 3 November 2020 general elections and in accordance with its mandate, the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) undertook a Needs Assessment Mission (NAM) from 29 May to 5 June. The NAM included Alexander Shlyk, Head of the ODIHR Election Department, Ana Rusu, ODIHR Senior Election Adviser, Hamadziripi Munyikwa, ODIHR Election Adviser, and Radivoje Grujić, ODIHR Election Adviser. The ODIHR NAM was joined by Stephanie Koltchanov, OSCE Parliamentary Assembly Elections Officer.

The purpose of the mission was to assess the pre-election environment and the preparations for the elections. Based on this assessment, the NAM recommends whether to deploy an ODIHR election-related activity for the forthcoming elections and, if so, what type of activity best meets the identified needs. Due to the global health emergency and consecutive introduction of restrictions on cross-border travel throughout the OSCE region, the NAM was conducted remotely, using the means of information and communication technologies. This approach was chosen due to the current extraordinary situation and in view of the need to ensure sufficient time for the preparation of the possible deployment of an election-related activity for the 3 November general elections. Meetings were held with officials from federal and state institutions, as well as representatives of political parties and civil society.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Do you know if that has ever occurred before?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

President Donald Trump expanded his “birther” conspiracy theories on Thursday to Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, telling a crowd in Pennsylvania that Biden “wasn’t born” in the state because he moved to Delaware with his family when he was a child.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-bi ... 5f32555891

:pop:
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Technically Trump is not a natural born citizen since he was summoned by a dark ritual.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Defiant wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:37 pm
President Donald Trump expanded his “birther” conspiracy theories on Thursday to Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, telling a crowd in Pennsylvania that Biden “wasn’t born” in the state because he moved to Delaware with his family when he was a child.

Does...does he not understand how "birth" works? That could explain a lot.
Black Lives Matter.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

malchior wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:49 pm I agree with you, RM9. Will the local sheriff hang out at the polls in their MAGA hats cradling a night stick? Probably not. I took it more as he is sell his base on the concept that this won't be a fair election and he is planning to do whatever it takes. Part of it is his usual red meat toss, part thrashing around fecklessly but dangerously, and another part signalling to his minions to get it done. Legal. Illegal. It doesn't matter to him. He won't go quietly.
Trump says he wants police at polling sites. Experts say that's unlawful.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:58 pm
Trump says he wants police at polling sites. Experts say that's unlawful.
It worked for Jim Crow.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Because of course

Half of the convention’s key speakers are the president and his family members?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Brian

Post by Brian »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:23 pm Because of course
It's pretty much all he has left.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Et tu, Tiffany?
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

He's running out of henchmen.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Max Peck wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:02 pm Et tu, Tiffany?
Seriously. That one is the biggest WTF from me. I can only assume an inheritance is being threatened?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:30 pm
Seriously. That one is the biggest WTF from me. I can only assume an inheritance is being threatened?
She completed a Georgetown JD this year. On the other hand, she has flirted with being a professional singer even though she lacks talent.

Tiffany contains multitudes.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Apparently she did speak at the 2016 RNC as well, so I guess it's not unexpected.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:55 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:30 pm
She completed a Georgetown JD this year. On the other hand, she has flirted with being a professional singer even though she lacks talent.

Tiffany contains multitudes.
Also, while Tiffany hasn't lived within the Trump family bosom exactly, she hasn't gone full Mary Trump either. She may just be happy to benefit from the Trump family without bearing the risk of going MAGA.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Brian wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:30 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:23 pm Because of course
It's pretty much all he has left.
Considering they’ve got tapes of his own sister calling him an idiot who had someone take his exams so he could get into college, even family is suspect at this point. Although she’ll keep lying about him in public for the sake of the dynasty.
Now depoliticized.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:57 pm

It’s when a man loves every woman he can afford and then one day he pays a stork a bunch of money to bring him a tax break...I mean child...and he then hands that kid off to a private school until he’s old enough to say nice things about him.
Now depoliticized.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

hepcat wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:40 am
El Guapo wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:57 pm

It’s when a man loves every woman he can afford and then one day he pays a stork a bunch of money to bring him a tax break...I mean child...and he then hands that kid off to a private school until he’s old enough to say nice things about him.
Dang, I've been doing it all wrong.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
malchior

Post by malchior »

We should have expected it but Trump is going to speak every night at the RNC convention.
President Donald Trump will make an appearance every night of the Republican National Convention this week, a Republican familiar with the planning confirmed to CNN.

Trump campaign senior adviser Jason Miller on Sunday told NBC's "Meet the Press" that viewers can plan on hearing Trump "speaking at various parts through each of the nights" at the GOP convention, but would not elaborate whether that meant live remarks, speeches or prerecorded video segments.
Miller said Republicans will present an "optimistic and upbeat convention this week" in contrast with what he described as last week's "massive grievance fest" of a Democratic National Convention.
The RNC will focus heavily on Trump's accomplishments over his first four years, lay out a second term vision for the administration, and promised "a complete change in the perception that I believe the media tries to tell of what a Trump supporter looks like, or who a Trump supporter is," Miller added.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

He doesn't have the stamina to speak every night. I'd imagine by night 3 (definitely night #4) he's going to be so hepped up on goofballs it'll be amazing. Pupils the size of pie-plates, I'm confident he's going to let a racial epithet slip.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:41 pm he's going to let a racial epithet slip
...energizing his base beyond anything we have seen to date.

Let's hope not.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:41 pm He doesn't have the stamina to speak every night. I'd imagine by night 3 (definitely night #4) he's going to be so hepped up on goofballs it'll be amazing. Pupils the size of pie-plates, I'm confident he's going to let a racial epithet slip.
Slip? That's so 2016.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:41 pm He doesn't have the stamina to speak every night. I'd imagine by night 3 (definitely night #4) he's going to be so hepped up on goofballs it'll be amazing. Pupils the size of pie-plates, I'm confident he's going to let a racial epithet slip.
He'll be in hate-rally mode rather than teleprompter mode, which means he'll be generating negative headlines every night.

You have to wonder whether his new campaign manager (five weeks in the job since Trump soured on Parscale) regrets signing up for this.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

None of these people are capable of regret.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
malchior

Post by malchior »

More and more absurd. They might as well said the platform is whatever Trump thinks it is today. (Of note - it has a mistype in the all caps text - bravo GOP).
RESOLUTION REGARDING THE REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM

WHEREAS, The Republican National Committee (RNC) has significantly scaled back the size
and scope of the 2020 Republican National Convention in Charlotte due to strict restrictions on
gatherings and meetings, and out of concern for the safety of convention attendees and our hosts;

WHEREAS, The RNC has unanimously voted to forego the Convention Committee on Platform,
in appreciation of the fact that it did not want a small contingent of delegates formulating a new
platform without the breadth of perspectives within the ever-growing Republican movement;

WHEREAS, All platforms are snapshots of the historical contexts in which they are born, and
parties abide by their policy priorities, rather than their political rhetoric;

WHEREAS, The RNC, had the Platform Committee been able to convene in 2020, would have
undoubtedly unanimously agreed to reassert the Party’s strong support for President Donald
Trump and his Administration;

WHEREAS, The media has outrageously misrepresented the implications of the RNC not
adopting a new platform in 2020 and continues to engage in misleading advocacy for the failed
policies of the Obama-Biden Administration, rather than providing the public with unbiased
reporting of facts; and

WHEREAS, The RNC enthusiastically supports President Trump and continues to reject the
policy positions of the Obama-Biden Administration, as well as those espoused by the
Democratic National Committee today; therefore, be it

RESOLVED, That the Republican Party has and will continue to enthusiastically support the
President’s America-first agenda;

RESOVLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a
new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention;

RESOLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention calls on the media to engage in
accurate and unbiased reporting, especially as it relates to the strong support of the RNC for
President Trump and his Administration; and

RESOLVED, That any motion to amend the 2016 Platform or to adopt a new platform, including
any motion to suspend the procedures that will allow doing so, will be ruled out of order.