NY vs. Trump - Financial Fraud Case

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: NY vs. Trump - Financial Fraud Case

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:01 pm I guess he doesn't want to sell his SPAC shares...which is up like 100% or something YTD. Or maybe he can't, possibly restricted for now? No idea...
He can't.

Trump World Media, or whatever it's called, hasn't officially merged with the DWAC SPAC yet. When it does, then he'll have value in the new company (rumored it will switch to ticker DJT [rolleyes puke]). The investor vote is on March 22. I haven't been following too closely but there were a few legal hurdles that they've apparently cleared. I think they were shareholder lawsuits about dilution.

I know, I know. Shareholder lawsuits? Who woulda thought for a Trump related company?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

The legal system in its current state and associated grifters in this country is a bigger drain on all of us than any government regulation. Much of it is because appointments are political not merit based.

A reformed system would have nailed trump years ago.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

“I would be forced to mortgage or sell Great Assets, perhaps at Fire Sale prices, and if and when I win the Appeal, they would be gone. Does that make sense? WITCH HUNT. ELECTION INTERFERENCE!”

“I shouldn’t have to put up any money, being forced by the Corrupt Judge and AG, until the end of the appeal. That’s the way system works!” he added, forgetting that he’s being held to the same standards as every private citizen.

Sigh.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Would be great fun if he had to sell off Mar-a-lago and Hunter Biden bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

If You Can’t Pay the Fine, Don’t Do the Crime.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Don't have time to dive into this but from the ticker:
Live On CNBC, David Faber Says "Trump Media Will Have Access To 87.5M Shares Immediately, Trump Gains $30M Additional Shares If Stock Stays Above $17.50 After 20 Trading Days, Trump's 127.5M Shares Could Be Worth ~$5.6B"; Shares Move Lower
So it sounds like there is a potential cash Infusion soon to be available but he would leave a lot on the table if he dumps ASAP.

(Strikethrough is mine, pretty sure it's 30M, not $30M)
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:05 am So it sounds like there is a potential cash Infusion soon to be available but he would leave a lot on the table if he dumps ASAP.
That was a big part of his "fire sale" tirade mentioned previously. He doesn't think it's fair that he is going to have to go through the bond process like a common, dirty poor.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:05 am Don't have time to dive into this but from the ticker:
Live On CNBC, David Faber Says "Trump Media Will Have Access To 87.5M Shares Immediately, Trump Gains $30M Additional Shares If Stock Stays Above $17.50 After 20 Trading Days, Trump's 127.5M Shares Could Be Worth ~$5.6B"; Shares Move Lower
So it sounds like there is a potential cash Infusion soon to be available but he would leave a lot on the table if he dumps ASAP.

Maybe. From today:

I'm guessing the vote to move forward succeeded:
But in the lead-up to Friday’s vote, both companies have been rocked by legal warfare. Their leaders, past and present, have traded heated accusations of deception and impropriety across four lawsuits in three states. And the cases threaten to erode Trump’s grasp on a stake in the post-merger company potentially worth hundreds of millions of dollars — a possible financial lifeline, given that he owes more than $500 million in legal fines.
But, the devil is in the details...
A lockup provision in the Trump Media merger agreement, however, would block Trump and other major investors from selling their shares for six months after the merger’s closing date, which could be as soon as Friday — unless Trump gets a waiver from Digital World or the post-merger Trump Media’s leaders allowing him to sell sooner.
However, I do believe that securities can be used for the bond (But I sure as hell wouldn't want to be holding a $500m stake in a Trump-company...).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Every time I see something about selling Mar a lago, I think to myself. Thats pretty bold to assume he actually owns Mar a lago. Just because he says he owns it means nothing.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm sure everything is mortgaged to the max. I doubt he owns a toothbrush that is fully paid off. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:05 am Don't have time to dive into this but from the ticker:

I just don't see what the value of this company is. Isn't there only real asset Truth Social and is it really worth this valuation? Trump has 87 million followers on X/Twitter and only 6 million on Truth. And downloads of the app are half what they were last year. Looks almost like a pump and dump operation to me. The investors will probably just be Trumpers who once again are left holding the bag once Trump moves on to something else.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

If he dumps to become President, he can sit behind immunity. The motive to crime is so blatant.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Zarathud wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:28 pm If he dumps to become President, he can sit behind immunity. The motive to crime is so blatant.
Nope, this is a civil case, not criminal and had nothing to do with any actions as president. There’s nothing to protect him from this judgement.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Grifman wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:32 pm
Zarathud wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:28 pm If he dumps to become President, he can sit behind immunity. The motive to crime is so blatant.
Nope, this is a civil case, not criminal and had nothing to do with any actions as president. There’s nothing to protect him from this judgement.
Yes but Dictator trump can make it all go away with his new Governor and state legislators in New York state propped up by his troops. Of course what happens if he dares to try could be extremely bad for all of us.

But hey whats destroying the greatest country on earth for your own personal demons.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:40 am
Grifman wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:32 pm
Yes but Dictator trump can make it all go away with his new Governor and state legislators in New York state propped up by his troops. Of course what happens if he dares to try could be extremely bad for all of us.

But hey whats destroying the greatest country on earth for your own personal demons.
A lot of bad things could happen under Trump but this isn’t one of them.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Hah, Truth Social is a scam:

“Truth Social faces a challenging business outlook. The company booked about $3.4 million in revenue in the first nine months of 2023, according to a securities filing, and a net loss of about $49 million over that same period. The social network competes against such well- established competitors as Meta Platforms’ Facebook and Elon Musk’s X.

DWAC shares, which closed Thursday at $42.81, are “not trading on fundamentals, absolutely not,” said Kristi Marvin, chief executive of SPACInsider.com. “Institutions are not trading this.””

More DJT scamming his own supporters. Those he didn’t kill off during Covid he’s stealing from.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

3 million in revenue to a valuation of over 5.7 billion. So that's something shy of 2,000x in forward revenue at a loss of x18 revenue with no prospect or plan for growth? I guess that's that price you pay for "freedom of speech" on your preferred platform. Nice so many investors are dedicated to losing billions.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Money laundering? IDK how crime works, but this sure looks like another one.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Kraken wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:50 am Money laundering? IDK how crime works, but this sure looks like another one.
Not necessarily…share price is probably propped up by retail MAGA cult ‘investors’. They aren’t buying it because it’s a great stock, company or investment. They are buying it to support dear leader.

When it crashes, it’s going to be something.

In fact, I have shorted exactly one stock my entire life, and that for about 2 months.

This might be my second…seems like the perfect candidate on multiple levels.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

DWAC
Shares held by Institutions 5.2%
Tells you all you need to know.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I wonder what a list of personal information of people predisposed to falling for scams is worth.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:09 am I wonder what a list of personal information of people predisposed to falling for scams is worth.
Now that's a great question.
I also wonder where I could make the purchase.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:17 am
GreenGoo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:09 am I wonder what a list of personal information of people predisposed to falling for scams is worth.
It's worth a lot more if you get it first. Like I imagine that the well of money there would dry up fairly quickly.
Black Lives Matter.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:17 am It's worth a lot more if you get it first. Like I imagine that the well of money there would dry up fairly quickly.
Perhaps. Going strong with no signs of slowing down right now though.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:19 am
El Guapo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:17 am It's worth a lot more if you get it first. Like I imagine that the well of money there would dry up fairly quickly.
Perhaps. Going strong with no signs of slowing down right now though.
While it's true that there's a sucker born every minute, as they say, a defined non-dynamic list of suckers only has so much money.
Black Lives Matter.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Is there a database of recent Republican voters? I think that list is almost worth as much. So maybe can buy it from interns that work for Republican campaign.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:20 am While it's true that there's a sucker born every minute, as they say, a defined non-dynamic list of suckers only has so much money.
There's always another pay check/welfare check/pension check/social security check.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Unagi wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:17 am
I see where you’re coming from, but they seem to have already blown their wad on DWAC shares.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:16 am

Maybe. From today:

I'm guessing the vote to move forward succeeded:
But in the lead-up to Friday’s vote, both companies have been rocked by legal warfare. Their leaders, past and present, have traded heated accusations of deception and impropriety across four lawsuits in three states. And the cases threaten to erode Trump’s grasp on a stake in the post-merger company potentially worth hundreds of millions of dollars — a possible financial lifeline, given that he owes more than $500 million in legal fines.
But, the devil is in the details...
A lockup provision in the Trump Media merger agreement, however, would block Trump and other major investors from selling their shares for six months after the merger’s closing date, which could be as soon as Friday — unless Trump gets a waiver from Digital World or the post-merger Trump Media’s leaders allowing him to sell sooner.
However, I do believe that securities can be used for the bond (But I sure as hell wouldn't want to be holding a $500m stake in a Trump-company...).
It looks like it would take special permission from the board to borrow against the shares. Also, probably more importantly, no one is going to give him a loan anywhere near the market value of the shares if they're going to give him a loan at all.

I'm not shorting but I'm not long either. This thing is a disaster both ways. Which is very appropriate.

MYT
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Trump’s mouth gets him in trouble again:

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Kraken wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:50 am Money laundering? IDK how crime works, but this sure looks like another one.
Money laundering is about trying to convert illegally gained funds into legitimate funds. That’s not what this is.
Last edited by Grifman on Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Grifman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:51 pm Monet laundering is about trying to convert illegally gained funds into legitimate funds.
Art is often used to launder funds, yes.

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Buy the rumor, sell the news: DWAC is now down. About -4.5% right now.

WSB is probably full of 0DTE sob stories. Calls red, puts red, everyone losing.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:57 pm
Grifman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:51 pm Monet laundering is about trying to convert illegally gained funds into legitimate funds.
:lol:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:03 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:57 pm
:lol:
:lol: :lol: Although I understand Picasso is a more reliable source.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Grifman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:51 pm
Monet laundering is about trying to convert illegally gained funds into legitimate funds. That’s not what this is.
What if it is to secretly funnel money from Putin to Trump's pocket? That count as money laundering, right?
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:07 am
Grifman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:51 pm
Monet laundering is about trying to convert illegally gained funds into legitimate funds. That’s not what this is.
What if it is to secretly funnel money from Putin to Trump's pocket? That count as money laundering, right?

Explain exactly how this would work in this stock deal.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Russian agents pump up the stock, so Trump can look liquid. Then they threaten to dump it later as leverage. Not knowing Trump’s finances creates a national security risk.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Zarathud wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:56 am Russian agents pump up the stock, so Trump can look liquid. Then they threaten to dump it later as leverage. Not knowing Trump’s finances creates a national security risk.
Let’s follow this further. Exactly how would Russian agents access the US financial system?