Grand Theft Auto VI

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: Grand Theft Auto VI

Post by Blackhawk »

Oh, the psuedo-TikTok thing? I thought you were saying that there was some sort of social media integration (ie - Twitter, Facebook, etc.)

The GTA games are always satire on our society, and they couldn't very well do that without including one of its greatest influences.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I'll probably wait for the next gen re-release.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:28 pm :shock: :shock:

That is a damn fine song for the trailer!
Was just reminded how I had completely forgotten that completely awesome song.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

What does the song tell us?
The use of an 80s rock anthem is also an interesting choice - there's a note of nostalgia there, and also an arrow back in time to the original Vice City games, which were set in 1984 and 1986. Of course, it's worth noting that it's the perfect choice for a game that will see its fair share of cruising down sun-drenched highways - in 2020, guitarist and co-writer Mike Campbell, on a list of Petty's best songs, described how the song was partly inspired by his motorcycle for Rolling Stone.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

He had a motorcycle for Rolling Stone?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

(magazine)

But yeah, that sentence is weird. Probably someone using AI to help write it. :)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

In case anyone was wondering:
Rockstar Games has confirmed that, at least at launch, the company’s long-awaited open-world crime sim, Grand Theft Auto VI, will launch on Xbox Series X/S and PS5 only, with no mention of a PC version.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Welp, that simplifies the issue of whether or not I'd need to be looking at a PC upgrade by the time it's released. :lol:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:41 am In case anyone was wondering:
Rockstar Games has confirmed that, at least at launch, the company’s long-awaited open-world crime sim, Grand Theft Auto VI, will launch on Xbox Series X/S and PS5 only, with no mention of a PC version.
Alas, I'll not play until it hits the PC. Looks like I will need to just start ignoring any news. Bummer, but not a shock.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Unagi wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:57 am Bummer, but not a shock.
It kind of is. I'm guessing they're getting briefcases full of money from consoles to keep it exclusive at release. Given how popular GTA V was/is on PC, it's a bit confusing.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Just apply Epic-timed-exclusive logic and console (Ha!) yourself with the belief that the interval between the console launch and the PC launch will give them extra time for bug fixes and polish.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:04 am
Unagi wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:57 am Bummer, but not a shock.
It kind of is. I'm guessing they're getting briefcases full of money from consoles to keep it exclusive at release. Given how popular GTA V was/is on PC, it's a bit confusing.
But they did that with RDR2 as well (and didn't they do that on GTA V and IV?). I've gone through years and years of not understanding their approach (because every one of their titles is a huge hit on PC), but I'm finally at the point where I'm absolutely not shocked.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That's fair. And yes, having a delay does increase the chances it'll be a better experience when it finally arrives on PC. RDR2 on PC was fantastic, so I guess I can wait. Maybe they'll announce the RDR remaster is coming to PC in March of 2024. :)
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

The thing that stuns me is how realistic it all looks. The lighting, the animations, all contributing to the realism of the scenes. Looks like they took some of what they learned from RDR2 into this. There's word of a much more varied ecosystem too, which was amazing in RDR2. The variety and its decomposing system was amazing.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Unagi wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:08 am But they did that with RDR2 as well (and didn't they do that on GTA V and IV?). I've gone through years and years of not understanding their approach (because every one of their titles is a huge hit on PC), but I'm finally at the point where I'm absolutely not shocked.
To be fair, the PC version of GTA V was essentially a remaster compared to the original Xbox 360 release, so that was kind of worth the wait.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

It's hard for me to say. I mean, sure. It's worth the wait, the wait is free and the product is wonderful. Well worth the wait. The wait is so long that I am forced to 'forget' it, not so much endure it - if that makes sense.
It could be over 3 years before I'll see this on PC, and I run with the idea that I will totally love it, and even then I will probably not phrase it as 'worth the wait', but it will have been - but it will also be 'about G-D time!' :D
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I await the Game Pass release date. :whistle:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was really hoping for BH's vision of 60s and 70s muscle cars to be the theme for the cars.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

There probably will still be muscle cars. I mean, just look at the image they chose to represent the game. They're sitting on top of what looks like a Charger or something.

One thing that I really find interesting is the old school Cheetah aka Ferrari Testarossa. It's obviously symbolic to Vice City, but it also implies that maybe there are old-school versions of the car despite there being being more modern Ferrari types in 4 and 5, so it's maybe possible we'll see both classic and modern versions included in-game for iconic models?
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I doubt it's an exclusivity contract - not with it being on both major consoles at launch. Have they ever released a title on PC at the same time as consoles?

I just did some quick checking. Since GTA2 almost 25 years ago, every GTA game, plus Red Dead and Bully, were released on the PC between eight months and two years after the console release - if they were released at all. Often it was only later, after they did a remaster for a new console generation, that PCs received the game.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Yeah, it's releasing on both PS and XBox, so I'd say it's just Rockstar being Rockstar rather than the result of some sort of weird exclusivity deal that allows it on the other console but not on PC.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah maybe. I'd thought it was perhaps related to wanting to focus on support post-release - patching/fixing/tweaking on consoles only and not dealing with PC users until that was all done and they could completely focus teams/resources on supporting PC. Time and time again we've seen games released on all platforms that (1) are a mess and (2) stay a mess because the teams are likely underwater dealing with problems across multiple platforms.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I look at it this way: It gives them time to polish it up for a definitive release, and PC gamers are generally more critical of performance. In GTA V's case, it's been on 3 generations of hardware! That's almost unheard of. They probably could have done without a PS3/360 release, as the following generation's release not only had more content but more or less became the definitive release before the re-release for current-gen consoles.

GTA VI is more on par with RDR2 graphically speaking..
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I only have a PS4 currently. Not even sure it works.
I almost did an impulse buy of a PS5 just to het Spider-Man 2 but held off.
Having this come out on the same thing may convince me to het one any way.
I'd MUCH rather have it on PC. I just prefer playing things on that and if it was a 1 or 2 month definite wait, it'd be annoying but waitable. Since it looks like a 1 year or more wait after it comes out on consoles I might not want to eait. Especially if it gets good reviews.
The one good thing is that I have at least a year before having to think about it.
It does look great though!
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Denizzz

Post by Denizzz »

For all the fans. R* logo 4k unofficial wallpaper:
Spoiler:
Enjoy :)
GTA.com.ua - my GTA fansite.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Best part was, "Coming: 2035"
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

jztemple2 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:06 am
Fun compare: