Where is Melania?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Holman

Where is Melania?

Post by Holman »

It's a small side-drama to the larger campaign, I know, but it has been weeks or months since Melania was routinely seen alongside Trump at public appearances. In several cases, her absence has been more remarkable due to Trump's lawyer/spokesmodel Alina Habba standing at his side as his apparent plus-one.

I doubt that Melania has gone Woke and Joined The Resistance. Still, there have long been signs of tension between them, and it's notable that she seemed to evaporate just as her son Barron turned eighteen. Mother and son are very close, and they're reported to speak Slovenian (which Trump can't understand) to each other in Trump's presence.

If this situation were Bill/Hillary or Barack/Michelle or George/Laura--let alone Joe/Jill--it would be a major story every day. But apparently Trump dysfunction is just baked in at this point. What are you going to do?

I hope her filing for divorce makes for a sweet October surprise.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Re: Where is Melania?

Post by Smoove_B »

I thought for sure they were going to get divorced when he turned 18 as I assumed that guaranteed his inheritance. However, I'm guessing she re-negotiated the pre-nup to stay with him during his 2024 campaign as it would look super terrible for him to be dealing with a divorce while trying to become America's first dictator. I can only presume the contract was extended through 2025 for a ton of money and making sure she didn't need to appear by his side during the campaign process this year. If he's re-elected, I'm sure it will be re-negotiated.

I hope every minute of her vapid life is hell.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I mean, does ANYONE believe their relationship was anything but transactional from the beginning? :?
He won. Period.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:50 pm I hope every minute of her vapid life is hell.
We covered this before, and there was some push back because she's an innocent bystander in drumpf's orbit. Which is laughable. We all sleep in the beds we've made, and she made her bed with the devil.

I don't hate her or anything, but I have no sympathy either. She knew what she was signing up for, after all there are two previous marriages that set precedent.

I hope she makes his life miserable. More miserable. That's about the limit of my positive thoughts in her direction.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

GreenGoo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:55 pm I don't hate her or anything, but I have no sympathy either.
This is me.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

hepcat wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:14 pm I mean, does ANYONE believe their relationship was anything but transactional from the beginning? :?

Transactional relationships and politics make the perfect bedfellows.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Hillary and Bill strike me as people who got together because they loved each other, but eventually stayed together because of the political optics.

Melania saw money signs the moment she saw Donnie and named her price. Donnie paid out gladly so he could brag about scoring a model. I highly doubt she has ever cared for that tub of fucking lard. She got the kid so she could raise her salary for being married to him.

I have no trouble believing she loves the kid though. Sounds like she’s a good mother to him.

But she’s still a vapid trophy wife.
He won. Period.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Bill and Hilary hitched up before they had even finished college. Whatever the marriage became later, it was based on more than a transaction originally. They knew what they were getting into as well, just like most married couples.

The idea that Bill and Hilary are comparable to Melania and Drumpf in terms of opportunism is laughable.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Moliere wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:12 pm
hepcat wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:14 pm I mean, does ANYONE believe their relationship was anything but transactional from the beginning? :?
Enlarge Image

Transactional relationships and politics make the perfect bedfellows.
Funny you mention it.

The guy who "discovered" Melania and introduced her to Trump also hung with the Clintons. In fact, he met HiIlary at Trump's wedding at Mar-a-largo.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

In our Pepsi-Coca Cola modern politics it’s no surprise to believe that all these people are actually in cahoots or have been in cahoots in the past.

It’s also no surprise that given his behaviour and proven infidelity that wife wouldn’t want much to do with him.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:53 pm It’s also no surprise that given his behaviour and proven infidelity that wife wouldn’t want much to do with him.
I agree. Bill has been cheating on his wife since the 1980s. That's 40 years of public humiliation to endure.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

When did the spouse of the candidate become so important?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:53 pm In our Pepsi-Coca Cola modern politics it’s no surprise to believe that all these people are actually in cahoots or have been in cahoots in the past.

It’s also no surprise that given his behaviour and proven infidelity that wife wouldn’t want much to do with him.

Love how that applies to TFG and Clinton so equally that I can't tell which you are talking about.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Moliere wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:02 pm

When did the spouse of the candidate become so important?
When they’re intelligent and prove to be a good role model, they’re important. When they just show up to collect a check and then disappear, not so much. Take a wild guess which one is in the latter category.

My favorite Melania moment was her asinine attempt to stop cyber bullying while her husband gleefully participated in it every 25 seconds.

Note: I think my intense dislike of the former First Trophy Wife stems from the ongoing attempt by the right to spend an inordinate amount of time comparing Michelle Obama to an ape and posting photoshopped images of her as a man and referring to her as “Michael”.
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Pretending a parallel between Bill/Hillary and Donald/Melania is silly.

Sure, they've both clearly established marriages where monogamy and fidelity take a back seat to the horndog husband's outside desires. We all know people like that.

But only Trump has tried to establish his political strength as the avatar of Christian Nationalist evangelical fervor. He's the only one whose followers are required to not only ignore his vices but to pretend that he is actually a paragon of virtue.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Holman wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:51 pm Pretending a parallel between Bill/Hillary and Donald/Melania is silly.

Sure, they've both clearly established marriages where monogamy and fidelity take a back seat to the horndog husband's outside desires. We all know people like that.

But only Trump has tried to establish his political strength as the avatar of Christian Nationalist evangelical fervor. He's the only one whose followers are required to not only ignore his vices but to pretend that he is actually a paragon of virtue.
Yes I agree. In terms of marriage there is some parallels but not much else.

And only Donald hopes to reestablish the monarchy.
In the old days Melania would “go mad” and “voluntarily” in the “service of God” retreat to a nunnery for quiet contemplation. After some time she would die and be buried on one of the kings golf courses.

I should amend my commentary to say;

Pre-Trump our politics was a Pepsi/Coca Cola choice. Now it’s a Bleach/Cola choice.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Moliere wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:58 pm
waitingtoconnect wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:53 pm It’s also no surprise that given his behaviour and proven infidelity that wife wouldn’t want much to do with him.
I agree. Bill has been cheating on his wife since the 1980s. That's 40 years of public humiliation to endure.
I'm not sure what your issue here is. You think infidelity is the core issue with drumpf's marriage? That can't possibly be true. You think Hilary was humiliated by her husband's behavior? That also can't possibly be true. You don't have decades of successful political career if you're humiliated by someone else's actions.

I don't give a shit about the Clintons. Not an iota. I have no idea why you do. Is this a "what about her emails?" situation?

Why in the holy hell are we talking about the Clintons in 2024? Geezus.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And what is their connection to Teapot Dome?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Bill Clinton, having discovered the secret of time travel via cigar based technology, was able to go back in time and change it from the "Tea Pot Dodecahedron" scandal to the "Tea Pot Dome" scandal. So he literally shaped the whole thing.
He won. Period.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

hepcat wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:13 am Bill Clinton, having discovered the secret of time travel via cigar based technology
Brings a whole new meaning to the term: Worm Hole
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

And with that, OO was closed for good. No one had the heart to go on after the worm hole joke. Eventually, the site was bought by Issie who runs it to this day under the guise of it being an AI, although he answers everything himself.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The unexamined 'life' is not worth living.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Moliere wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:58 pm
They had/have a famously open relationship. I still think he's a sleazeball but it's not cheating when it's allowed by the rules.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Trump, on the other hand, hits on his own daughter...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I just checked and Chelsea Clinton (43) is old enough to be elected President.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:03 pm I just checked and Chelsea Clinton (43) is old enough to be elected President.
I follow both of their social media accounts, and I think a Monica Lewinski / Chelsea Clinton ticket is worth considering.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Holman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:27 pm
Jaymann wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:03 pm I just checked and Chelsea Clinton (43) is old enough to be elected President.
I follow both of their social media accounts, and I think a Monica Lewinski / Chelsea Clinton ticket is worth considering.
Maybe a dry-cleaning ticket in the former's case...
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins