Sorry about that

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

FishPants
Server WhOOre

Sorry about that

Post by FishPants »

Late last night I did an update on the system that borked up the boot loader somehow (this is an automated patching routine with DNF). I was pretty tired and called it a night, this morning was able to get a KVM instance running so I could pick the previous kernel and booted fine. Still not sure why the most recent update hosed everything, but we are back online for now!
No.
LordMortis

Re: Sorry about that

Post by LordMortis »

:wub:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Thanks for all your efforts!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

That's okay. I know you are just covering for gilraen. I was looking over her shoulder when she refreshed the site. So I saw her break it. Thanks for fixing it! :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

:obscene-buttred:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

FishPants wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:48 am Late last night I did an update on the system that borked up the boot loader somehow (this is an automated patching routine with DNF). I was pretty tired and called it a night, this morning was able to get a KVM instance running so I could pick the previous kernel and booted fine. Still not sure why the most recent update hosed everything, but we are back online for now!
Thanks FP!

FWIW, I think I'm still having issues with tapatalk, but no rush.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I noticed it last night, checked the OO Facebook page and didn't see anything about it, so I figured it was just me, and went to bed instead. No harm, no foul.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Well, I am horribly offended and demand immediate satisfaction!! :D
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg