All things Trump Media

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Grifman

All things Trump Media

Post by Grifman »

We’ve been having a lot of discussion about Trump Media in the financial fraud trial thread so I figured it was time Trump Media got its own thread since it will be awhile before they go bankrupt. So let’s start off with this story:

https://qz.com/trump-media-stock-truth- ... 1851413123

“Truth Social will stream live TV, the company said, including news, religious channels, “family-friendly content,” as well as “other content that has been canceled, is at risk of cancellation, or is being suppressed on other platforms and services. Trump Media said that much like Truth Social itself, the streaming platform will be “independent of Big Tech.”

Trump Media stock ended Tuesday down by 14%, closing out the trading day at $22.84 per share. That brings the company’s market capitalization to $3.12 billion — cutting its market valuation by more than half since its first-trading-week highs.”
Last edited by Grifman on Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Grifman

Re: All things Trump Media

Post by Grifman »

I forgot this guy who knows nothing about technology is in charge.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

You can watch these shows right up until they miss the first check and production is cut. Will Tim Allen and broadcasts of Kid Rock and their cast and crew continue to work for them if they don't get paid?
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:46 am You can watch these shows right up until they miss the first check and production is cut. Will Tim Allen and broadcasts of Kid Rock and their cast and crew continue to work for them if they don't get paid?
Actually, these shows are paid for up front. No money, no production.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

That is not the way TFG does business so... :pop:
Last edited by LordMortis on Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

They're announcing this because Trump needs the share price to stay above $17.50 for a few more days (I think like 5 or 6?). So long as it does, he gets 36M more shares. It was looking like it could break below so of course, time for a news pump.

https://fortune.com/2024/04/13/donald-t ... -insiders/
In the case of Trump Media, the stock needs to trade above $17.50 for 20 days out of a 30-day period — Friday marked its 13th session — over the next three years. With the company closing Friday at $32.59, those conditions could be met as soon as April 23, despite the stock’s 59% tumble from a high of $79.38 on March 26. In fact, the shares would need to plunge another 46% for the now $1.3 billion paper payday for the former president and his co-founders to be in doubt.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

So is it just me, or is that a veiled notice that "we're going to be airing shows that are racist"? I'm guessing they've already bought the old Little Rascals episodes with scenes like Stymie (maybe it was Buckwheat, I don't remember) being elected the mayor of the black part of town and passing out fried chicken and watermelon to everyone. Trumpers find that kind of thing hilarious.
He won. Period.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

My in-laws LOVED Amos and Andy. I'm sure Song of the South will be a big hit as well.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

It will be also "anti-woke" shit like Daily Caller's Lady Ballers that somehow gets an 89 audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.

If people don't see through the DJT grift and vote 5* for dreck like that, they'll stream anything. I don't doubt that an "anti-woke", nazi-friendly, misogynistic, racist streaming portal could get 10M subscribers early on. That's roughly what Disney+ had to start. Enough to pump for more insider exits.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

"independent of big tech"

A streaming service IS big tech you blithering idiots. And you can bet your ass thy are not setting up their own cloud platform, so everything is going to reside in AWS or Azure. So its just more grift and lies all the way down.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

The racist market has been seriously under serviced.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I feel like this would be a great time to start my "soup in a bucket" business for people concerned that the world is ending and that they won't have access to delicious food when the riots start. I figure a minimal investment and a 15 minute infomercial on Trump TV and I can retire.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

The Patriot something or other company already beat you to it. Only they do survivalist rations. One of my aunts even bought me some a few years back. They have commercials on Ion television and CNBC that I've seen and remembered.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:24 pm I feel like this would be a great time to start my "soup in a bucket" business for people concerned that the world is ending and that they won't have access to delicious food when the riots start. I figure a minimal investment and a 15 minute infomercial on Trump TV and I can retire.
Smoove_B[akker]

MYT
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:32 pm The Patriot something or other company already beat you to it. Only they do survivalist rations. One of my aunts even bought me some a few years back. They have commercials on Ion television and CNBC that I've seen and remembered.
They are running Youtube ads that say they overproduced and now people can get a great discount. I was shocked, I tell you.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:32 pm The Patriot something or other company already beat you to it. Only they do survivalist rations. One of my aunts even bought me some a few years back. They have commercials on Ion television and CNBC that I've seen and remembered.
Mine will be better because they'll come with Bibles.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Grifman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:25 am We’ve been having a lot of discussion about Trump Media in the financial fraud trial thread so I figured it was time Trump Media got its own thread since it was be awhile before they go bankrupt. So let’s start off with this story:

“Truth Social will stream live TV, the company said, including news, religious channels, “family-friendly content,” as well as “other content that has been canceled, is at risk of cancellation, or is being suppressed on other platforms and services. Trump Media said that much like Truth Social itself, the streaming platform will be “independent of Big Tech.”

Trump Media stock ended Tuesday down by 14%, closing out the trading day at $22.84 per share. That brings the company’s market capitalization to $3.12 billion — cutting its market valuation by more than half since its first-trading-week highs.”
TBH, if he wins the Presidency, I fully expect all White House media to go through Trump Media, and other Journalists/Media Outlets to get locked out of the new monopoly. It could end up very profitable. Trump will definitely use the power of the Presidency to benefit his business (again).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:12 pm
Grifman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:25 am We’ve been having a lot of discussion about Trump Media in the financial fraud trial thread so I figured it was time Trump Media got its own thread since it was be awhile before they go bankrupt. So let’s start off with this story:

TBH, if he wins the Presidency, I fully expect all White House media to go through Trump Media, and other Journalists/Media Outlets to get locked out of the new monopoly. It could end up very profitable. Trump will definitely use the power of the Presidency to benefit his business (again).
State of the Union will steam exclusively on Trump Media.

Truth Social will be the official press arm of the White House.

Advertising spend on Trump Media + will be tax deductible.

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:18 pm

Just a few examples, but the list is much longer, IMHO. All Press releases restricted to TruthSocial only, Journalists banned if they don't toe the party line, no matter how outrageous the lies, etc. Extending to the Courts and other Branches of Gov't. etc. All posts to be vetted by Party Officers, etc.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

An example of the Stalinist Approach I expect...
Trump has posted yet another one of his manipulated articles to Truth Social. This is Trump's 6th altered article posted in April, and his 25th overall uncovered by MeidasTouch. Trump has eclipsed the 5 manipulated articles he posted in March.

Trump's article manipulation posts appear to be screenshots of actual articles, but they have been changed. These altered articles share a news organization’s logo, title, and byline, but scrub out all the unfavorable content that Trump doesn't like.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

But it will be OK. His business interests will be put in a blind trust run by one of his sons.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:04 pm

But it will be OK. His business interests will be put in a blind trust run by one of his sons.
Nah, they aren't even going to bother with that charade this time.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Devin Nunes will be Press Secretary.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm also of the opinion that this was just to temporarily boost stock prices. They don't actually have to follow through - just make the announcement, talk about it for a few days, then stay quiet. They never have to implement anything.

Hopefully people see it for what it is, realize that their stock's price bump is the most temporary thing in history, and dump shares like there's no tomorrow.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:58 pm I'm also of the opinion that this was just to temporarily boost stock prices. They don't actually have to follow through - just make the announcement, talk about it for a few days, then stay quiet. They never have to implement anything.
On the nose.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Shit pumpers say on message boards and xtwitter:
1. It's the shorts trying to steal your shares, don't let them, keep buying!
2. Don't let them borrow your shares! Put a GTC order in at $1,000,000 to stop them!
3. Make your shares illiquid by moving to the transfer agent!

Shit Trump Media says:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/18/trump-m ... llers.html

I mean I don't ever recall a company doing this on their own website. The whole "it's the shorts" narrative is a desperate pump. We have completely capitulated to the Golden Age of Fraud.

MYT
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Maybe we can have a digital trump coin next…
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

TFG has a storied history of projecting his odious behaviors... :think:
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

It's been incredibly expensive to short DJT because the overwhelming consensus is that it's a pile of shit.
PUBLISHED WED, APR 3 20247:12 PM EDTUPDATED WED, APR 3 202411:42 PM EDT

Trump Media, which began being publicly traded last week, is now far and away the most expensive U.S. stock to sell short, according to S3 Partners, a leading financial data marketplace platform.

But plenty of people are still willing to pay those steep costs, based on their belief that Trump Media’s share price is bound to fall dramatically from its Wednesday closing of $48.81.

Investors who wanted to borrow Trump Media shares to sell them short on Wednesday would have had to pay annual financing costs of between 750% and 900% of the price of the stock, said Ihor Dusaniwsky, managing director of predictive analytics at S3 Partners.

That means a short seller of the DJT ticker who took a position Wednesday would have had to pay costs of between about $1 and $1.22 per day to the lenders.

To break even on a new trade after one month, a short seller would have to see the share price of Trump Media drop by more than $30.
It's like the Taylor Swift concert ticket of short opportunities.

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Fidelity is paying me about 9% to lend shares on a few of my holdings - would love to know what they are paying for this POS. :D
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Maybe I should get a fidelity account. Do you have to sign up for anything to get the ability to lend shares? Are there any drawbacks other than not being able to sell while shares are lent out? (Gotta say, I really don't like Schwab. The UI is horrible. The site responsiveness is poor. I assume if I used Think or Swim, I wouldn't notice a difference between it and TD (nor Scottrade before) but because I don't use Think or Swim, I am stuck with a downgrade in UI in every possible way from TD. I still haven't transferred my 401K because I dislike Schwab so much)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LordMortis wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:43 pm Maybe I should get a fidelity account. Do you have to sign up for anything to get the ability to lend shares? Are there any drawbacks other than not being able to sell while shares are lent out? (Gotta say, I really don't like Schwab. The UI is horrible. The site responsiveness is poor. I assume if I used Think or Swim, I wouldn't notice a difference between it and TD (nor Scottrade before) but because I don't use Think or Swim, I am stuck with a downgrade in UI in every possible way from TD. I still haven't transferred my 401K because I dislike Schwab so much)
You can still sell the shares at any time, even when they are actively lent out. In fact I just did this last week.

You don’t sign up, they just send you a notice if you hold enough shares in an investment that has a high demand for shorting, from what I can tell. If you want to do it, you do have to agree to a few pages of T&C of course.

It’s all very easy and automated and professional of course, because Fidelity.