Autonomous Vehicles

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LordMortis

Autonomous Vehicles

Post by LordMortis »

Saw my first, second, and third self driving vehicles in the wild today. Gotta say even with someone behind the wheel, I am the olds and do not trust them. Two of them were Toyota Sienas driving in proximity each other on the expressway, so I assume those were test vehicles. One was a truck/SUV I couldn't tell the make of on a surface street coming the other way. It doesn't help in addition the LIDAR that the vehicles advertise they are autonomous and have warning labels on them advising you to keep your distance and give them extra room.

Anyhoo, this didn't seem appropriate in the TESLA full of FSD, not really autonomous driving thread, and it appears AD is becoming more common, with CA opening up for Mercedes this week (not TESLA).

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehicle-i ... -vehicles/

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/some ... -the-road/
Jaymann

Re: Autonomous Vehicles

Post by Jaymann »

So what happens when an autonomous car can swerve to save the driver but must take out either two grandmas or a pregnant woman?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I imagine taxpayers will foot the bill for dudes who had their drivers licenses taken away for DUI or whatever to have one. :lol:
Jaymann wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:48 pm So what happens when an autonomous car can swerve to save the driver but must take out either two grandmas or a pregnant woman?
That's where our "social" scores will come in, so I'm the one the vehicle sacrifices. :lol:
Last edited by em2nought on Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Who knew you could have demands that people would meet, we'll be ready next January. LMAO
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:48 pm So what happens when an autonomous car can swerve to save the driver but must take out either two grandmas or a pregnant woman?
Same thing that happens when a non-autonomous car does it?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sue the driver?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Is the driver of an autonomous car ultimately responsible?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Alefroth wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:00 pm Is the driver of an autonomous car ultimately responsible?
Is this a trick question?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I don't think so.