Creative Zen Xtra 30GB MP3 Player For Sale! *** SOLD ***

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

YellowKing

Creative Zen Xtra 30GB MP3 Player For Sale! *** SOLD ***

Post by YellowKing »

Got this for Christmas 2003. Excellent condition, I never used it very much. Comes with software, AC adapter, and headphones.

I'm going to sell it and get an MP3 player that is lighter so I can use it for working out/running. Plus I realized I really didn't ever use 30GB of music. Works great as a car player with an optional FM transmitter, and is awesome for long trips.

Currently they're going on EBay for $150-$170. Decided to offer it to my fellow OOers first so I don't have to deal with the hassle of posting it/dealing with strangers. I'd be willing to go as low as $130 for it - my main interest is in raising enough money to cover my costs for a smaller player.

If anybody is interested, email me at twilson9@ec.rr.com or send me a private message.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

stupid question time...
Comes with software, AC adapter, and headphones.
Does it use a standard USB cable to connect to the PC?

And can you help me talk my wife into spending $130 on it? :wink:
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah forgot to list the PC cable - I've got that as well. Don't think it's a standard USB.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I'm quite interested, if she's still available.

Sending you e-mail/a PM.

Thanks.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Sudy

Re: Creative Zen Xtra 30GB MP3 Player For Sale! *** SOLD ***

Post by Sudy »

Worst $130 I ever spent, this thing was heavy as a brick. Still has YK's crappy music on it, too.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

But you are okay with it taking 16 years to get delivered? :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I think I used to have one of those, a long time ago. Nowadays I use an iPod Touch or my old standby, an iPod Classic 160GB.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I think I bought myself a Sony NW-E100 the following Christmas. I loved that little thing. It was only 256 or 512MB I think, so I was always swapping songs. But it was a lot better than carrying around a discman.

Enlarge Image

A few years later Mrs. Nym got me a Nano for Christmas. It's the only Apple product I've ever owned, but it was perfect. I used that for several years before I got my first smartphone. Honestly, the Nano experience was better, but I couldn't give up having Spotify now.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Holy Dead Thread Revival Batman!

Enlarge Image
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

my first MP3 player was given to me by a friend - a whole 8MB. it could hold around one album if the songs were compressed to tinny sibilant unlistenability.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Hah, I think that's about what my pal had. I think it was also by Creative. I believe it was expensive as hell, but solid state so it was actually conveniently portable.

Come to think of it, my first MP3 player was actually a really junky non-name-brand device we got in at the discount computer store where I was working at the time. If memory serves it was barely functional... I might even have returned it.

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Jesus, I forgot I ever owned this thing. Wow.

I had a history with non-Apple MP3 players. I also had a Zune. :lol:

Also it's weird to think when I wrote this I was only 4 years into my marriage with no kids.

Today I'm going on 19 years married and have an 11 and 9 year old.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:32 pm Jesus, I forgot I ever owned this thing. Wow.

I had a history with non-Apple MP3 players. I also had a Zune. :lol:

Also it's weird to think when I wrote this I was only 4 years into my marriage with no kids.

Today I'm going on 19 years married and have an 11 and 9 year old.
Please don't tell me you're selling them too.
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

For the right price, I mean.....all things are negotiable.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i got one of these from the company e-waste pile a couple weeks ago:

http://www.soulcker.com/product/showproduct.php?id=23

yes, a Bluetooth-enabled, solid-state portable music player with 16GB internal storage (and can also take an external microSD up to 128GB) with an integrated speaker and a metal case, released by a Chinese company in late 2018. looks like it was used maybe once.

very feature-packed, but some of the extra features are kinda half-baked (like, the pedometer will only work if it's the active 'app' at the time, and the text file reader is functionally useless on such a tiny screen with no auto-formatting.) overall, it has an FM radio and supports Ogg Vorbis and FLAC, so i'm actually going to put this into service. i don't use my mobile phone for much of anything, so a dedicated music player is desirable and i don't have to worry about dropping it (unlike my iPods/Zune with the mechanical HDDs)
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Does that... "soulcucker"?

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We're all missing the point of this thread.....
Still has YK's crappy music on it, too.
so what was that music?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Buncha Yacht Rock I'm sure.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Haha, I was mostly jesting. But at that time, few were artists I knew or enjoyed. I want to say I remember some Dave Matthews and maybe some Patsy Cline?

I don't think I actually did leave it on the device... I think I backed it up though, in case I wanted to check it out later. I took a look and I don't think I have it on the systems I have with me where I'm living now. It must be on my really old PC stored at my parents' place. Not that I'd share the full list of artists without YK's approval.

As for the MP3 player itself, I probably have it in storage somewhere here at the apartment. I remember where it was at the last place we lived. I had intended to use it as an external backup drive when it didn't seem worth trying to sell. But I didn't even get that far. Maybe send it to Clint at LGR in another decade.

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Oh I don't care. I have no music shame, I like everything. If I recall, I ripped most of my CDs and my wife's CDs to it, so there's no telling what all was on there.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sudy wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:07 pm Haha, I was mostly jesting. But at that time, few were artists I knew or enjoyed. I want to say I remember some Dave Matthews and maybe some Patsy Cline?
Patsy Cline should have increased the resale value.
Covfefe!